• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

Diluc skin actually looks pretty cool.

Disagree. IMO Diluc is facing the same waifu sittuation. His body is 999% covered... for no reason. They could get him a cape, IDK, more flexible outfit to match his combat style.

If I would cover his body, at least give him a metal armor, maybe some gloves. At least there is a reason to cover your body with armor.
480px-Npc_zoom_3040025000_81.png
Npc_zoom_3030177000_01.png

689-6895331_granblue-fantasy-versus-characters-hd-png-download.png

Last edited:
-Banner order sucks. Why does Klee even have a banner this time? She doesn't seem to even be featured in the patch at all.
It's just stupid because Kazuha, Klee and Yoimiya were already heavily featured in the Inazuma festival. That was the perfect opportunity to put them on the banner. Then they could have included some other characters we haven't seen in a while in the summer event. Why isn't Hu Tao part of it for example? She's about due for a rerun. Maybe Eula as well? That would have been more interesting IMO.

Pejo

It's just stupid because Kazuha, Klee and Yoimiya were already heavily featured in the Inazuma festival. That was the perfect opportunity to put them on the banner. Then they could have included some other characters we haven't seen in a while in the summer event. Why isn't Hu Tao part of it for example? She's about due for a rerun. Maybe Eula as well? That would have been more interesting IMO.
Yea if they wanted to avoid swimsuits, they should have just made the Inazuma festival the "summer" event, run Klee/Kaz/Yoimiya banners during that, and make the islands thing just a Fischl/Mona themed event. It's like the people planning out these patches have things backwards.

Was Klee alone one of their best selling banners behind the Shogun?
I don't think Klee's rerun did all that well. There's even less people who would pick her up now. Of course she deserves a rerun as much as anyone else, but right now is a weird time for it.

crumbs

The 2.8 banners feel like an afterthought in relation to the story. Instead, MiHoYo needed to clear out the characters that were missing reruns (Kaz, Yoimiya) or hadn't been featured in ages (Klee) before releasing all these new characters with Sumeru. Kaz should have been on 2.6 instead of Venti, but maybe they felt that he would overshadow Ayato?

Pejo

935hwji9sc991.png

Man you have to wonder what happened internally at MHY for all these leaks to get out. This had to be either a rogue employee or a HUGE mistake. We're getting like 6 months worth of leaks and 2.8 hasn't even hit yet.

Fake

I tried Abyss last day and the card they gave me give 20% ATK bonus. I leave without completation and when I back today in the same floor/phase they gave me a bunch of shit cards...

Is those cards change by the day you facing the Abyss? Sartuday floor 11 was ATK+20%, but today the same floor was Healing bonus.

935hwji9sc991.png

Man you have to wonder what happened internally at MHY for all these leaks to get out. This had to be either a rogue employee or a HUGE mistake. We're getting like 6 months worth of leaks and 2.8 hasn't even hit yet.

Lets be honest, there are loads of problems since those China censor skins start to happen... I mean, about the insatisfation between the company and the fanbase. Is not impossible being someone from inside, most of the employers play GI.
And if you put some challenge to the internet sure sucess will follow.

Last edited:

Fake

I miss that time when I just click on the link inside the game and play the webevent. Fuck that 'scan this QR code'.

Last edited:

Pejo

vqd2wz9bfl991.jpg

That's a lot of Dendro catalyst before we even get 1 Cryo catalyst (apparently the most OP weapon of all Genshin).

I guess they showed with Heizou that a catalyst can be anything, though. Maybe Baizhu will fight with his snake like a whip.

Nah, that's too creative.

*edit*

Tiny Nilou picture
5vw9d76jtk991.jpg

And then a suspiciously bigger size picture of just her back.
qojeflmjtk991.jpg

Oh no... Dehya is 4* Pyro claymore.... Let's hope she doesn't get Xinyan'd

I was really hoping she'd be a 5* something...

4b2rphxpvk991.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Baizhu dendro catalyst? Lol, thats weird.

Also, kinda let down for me that Dehya is claymore.
She has the appearance of a feral, violent girl (with the shredded jeans and straps and stuff), so I kinda get the claymore thing. I was just really hoping she'd be 5* (and good). I love the design so much, I'd be so bummed if she got an awful kit.

*edit*

Might be getting some Fontaine sooner than expected? Exciting if so. Fontaine and Natlan are the two I'm most excited about, so great news if so.

l3pzpw8sli991.jpg

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
She has the appearance of a feral, violent girl (with the shredded jeans and straps and stuff), so I kinda get the claymore thing. I was just really hoping she'd be 5* (and good). I love the design so much, I'd be so bummed if she got an awful kit.

Don't get me wrong, still excited for her. But I was honestly expecting either polearm or sword. Also, I had the same feeling as you. Denoted as 4 star could mean bad news for her kit. Really hoping shes not Xynian 2.0.

Fontaine is gonna be another year. I can't see it coming out much faster than that.

A bit of a shame Dehya is a 4 star, but that's good for my primo wallet.

Crimsondusk

*edit*

Might be getting some Fontaine sooner than expected? Exciting if so. Fontaine and Natlan are the two I'm most excited about, so great news if so.

l3pzpw8sli991.jpg
Found some recent posts on reddit saying that Dehya is still unconfirmed 4 or 5 star. So if anything let's hope for a hu Tao situation, where they upgrade her.

Fake

Twitter is sure a hell of place... tried to search Sumeru on the search tool and... loads of people complaining over silly reasons.

Last edited:

Pejo

Twitter is sure a hell of place... tried to search Sumeru on the search and... loads of people complaining over silly reasons.
That's what you get for going to Twitter.

While it's nice that MHY is using different real world cultures for inspiration, they're going to have to swallow the pill that this is a fantasy made up land and is not bound by the real world for what they want to do. Frankly I'm so tired of seeing ugly ass "realistic" and face-scanned characters in games anymore.

*edit*

Babs official birthday art:
FW37OvKagAAsV-R.jpg

Boy she's been all but forgotten in this game. I remember at one time she was the face of Genshin with the promotional stuff and that 3D looking giant billboard in Tokyo.

Last edited:

crumbs

Not sure why people were expecting a Chinese company to have respectful and/or accurate portrayals of other Asian cultures in their gacha fantasy game.

Plus, there's already a bunch of Sumeru NPCs in the game and none of them have a darker-toned skin that twitter and reddit want. People need to manage their expectations.

Mistake

I keep missing the version update primo codes from the live streams :messenger_pensive: By the time they post about it within genshin, they're already expired.

I kind of wish this game had more reasons to coop, like bonuses to drop rates for certain things or expansive dungeons. The dungeon editor from a while back was kind of fun

Pejo

I keep missing the version update primo codes from the live streams :messenger_pensive: By the time they post about it within genshin, they're already expired.

I kind of wish this game had more reasons to coop, like bonuses to drop rates for certain things or expansive dungeons. The dungeon editor from a while back was kind of fun
2.8 patch will have a bunch of co-op opportunities for the events. I also do co-op every week with my friends that play this game, on the weekly bosses (Childe/Shogun/Azhdaha/etc) But yea, they used to do a lot more co-op focused stuff, but probably got feedback that players didn't care for it.
Barbara died, the one we have now is an imposter.
You talking that Albedo clone event or... ?

It'd be too dark for Genshin, but it'd be funny if that Albert superfan dude had her locked in his basement.

Mistake

2.8 patch will have a bunch of co-op opportunities for the events. I also do co-op every week with my friends that play this game, on the weekly bosses (Childe/Shogun/Azhdaha/etc) But yea, they used to do a lot more co-op focused stuff, but probably got feedback that players didn't care for it.

It'd be too dark for Genshin, but it'd be funny if that Albert superfan dude had her locked in his basement.
That's a real shame. I'd like to play more stuff that encourage spur of the moment, yet long lasting friendships. Not just pvp games with teabagging trolls

crumbs

I remember doing co-op with randos during the first couple events, like the Fischl/Mona one from 1.1, and it was a total sh*tshow. Maybe a couple of people would understand the mechanics of the event, otherwise people would just mess around. I never bothered to try co-op after that.

As for Barbara, maybe he's referring to the change in voicelines for her English VA? During one of the early version updates, they switched out some of her lines (burst, skill, running, etc) to sound much less enthusiastic than the previous versions, some almost sounded like she was depressed.

Pejo

I remember doing co-op with randos during the first couple events, like the Fischl/Mona one from 1.1, and it was a total sh*tshow. Maybe a couple of people would understand the mechanics of the event, otherwise people would just mess around. I never bothered to try co-op after that.

As for Barbara, maybe he's referring to the change in voicelines for her English VA? During one of the early version updates, they switched out some of her lines (burst, skill, running, etc) to sound much less enthusiastic than the previous versions, some almost sounded like she was depressed.
Ah yes, I remember when they started feeding her muscle relaxers. Old Barbara raspy voice was so much better.

Fake

The problem MYH and others companies don't see are... playing co-op with strangers always leading into someone trolling.

The Mona event was fun, but there are people with I played that make some sort of anti-play for the others... take into consideration 'why' people demand MHY to remove the resin usage from those events.

I miss those early days, but from a company that want more profit than making a better game, I was never expected more. Loads of potential lost and I almost lost my voice writing feedback after feedback, like I used to take 5 minutes or more to write a feedback.

I wish we had more skin tones in general for the sake of variety in this game. All these characters, whether they're from not-Germany, not-China or not-Japan all look exactly the same. It's just a bit boring. Sumeru seemed like a great spot to improve that, since the cultures it tries to evoke consist of "brown" people (though not exclusively). In that sense it is a bit of a disappointment to me.

The part where I disagree vehemently with Twitter & co is the politicization of the issue. It's immediately about "institutions" and "representation." Thankfully my skin color is not the source of the issue for once. That's a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I wish we had more skin tones in general for the sake of variety in this game. All these characters, whether they're from not-Germany, not-China or not-Japan all look exactly the same. It's just a bit boring. Sumeru seemed like a great spot to improve that, since the cultures it tries to evoke consist of "brown" people (though not exclusively). In that sense it is a bit of a disappointment to me.

The part where I disagree vehemently with Twitter & co is the politicization of the issue. It's immediately about "institutions" and "representation." Thankfully my skin color is not the source of the issue for once. That's a breath of fresh air.
Skin tones, body shapes, facial hair (for the guys only please, not the women outside of Aloy). All of these things can be improved by MHY, yet they choose to release the exact same 5 body types and 2 skin shades. The only thing that really changes between character models so far have been hair and eyes.

The really messed up thing is that the character models actually do differ from each other, but to such an insignificant degree, they might as well not.

I still don't really get what they're doing leaving the big boobages off the table. Rosaria version 1.2 (the original) still paled in comparison to some of their Honkai Impact girls, yet they don't seem to want to go there in Genshin for some reason. They can still reuse skeletons and change the body shapes pretty significantly, look at how Monster Hunter handles their new monsters. There are rarely new monster "skeletons" added to the game, but they still manage to make each one different enough that you really don't notice most of the time.

Like Dendro Archon for instance, there's no reason we couldn't have had a taller than a child but not quite to the Mona/Amber/Ayaka/Ganyu height character. Just being lazy and not wanting to deviate. Itto should have been more muscular instead of a stringbean like Diluc/Childe/Kaeya. Instead they just textured some abs on him and called it a day. I don't really get their need to stick to those same 5 model templates for everyone.

Fuz

Banned

Their character design is creatively bankrupt.
There's the occasional character that might make you (and I mean *you* not me, of course) think "Hey, this one looks good", but it's a "good" in Genshin's context, take them out of this context and they all suck balls.

Skin tones, body shapes, facial hair (for the guys only please, not the women outside of Aloy). All of these things can be improved by MHY, yet they choose to release the exact same 5 body types and 2 skin shades. The only thing that really changes between character models so far have been hair and eyes.
You're not wrong. For the amount of money they make, the characters really should be much more distinct from each other. I just don't expect much from MHY. The tanned skin tone already exists, so it should have been easy to apply to Sumeru characters. That's the extent of what I thought was realistic for MHY, given their track record.

Fuz Fuz You're willing to use Gorou so I'm not even sure what kind of designs you're okay with.

• Triggered

Pejo

Some guys are really expecting too much from China.
I mean they're making 5-19 million dollars just on iOS just in China per 6 weeks. Extrapolate that out to Android/PC/Playstation and worldwide.

I don't think asking for a few new character models or some facial hair is that big of an ask.

• Empathy

Fake

I mean they're making 5-19 million dollars just on iOS just in China per 6 weeks. Extrapolate that out to Android/PC/Playstation and worldwide.

I don't think asking for a few new character models or some facial hair is that big of an ask.

Not about the big task, but about the company believes. Been playing since beta and still no manual target control. Of course there are 'others' priorities in this game.
And I know is not a huge task, taking into consideration the work they did just to make censor skin. Could used that work for making more new models.

Saber

Gold Member

It's more about mockery than really about being hard. They still have trouple with buttons on consoles, still rellies on some buggy menu interfance which is very clanky when you try to find or pick a domain, still relly on a stupid auto-target sytem, and don't get me started on Xynian. All these problems still since the beta.

So yeah, it's trouple for a ultra rich chinese company not because it's hard. It's because they don't give a damn, thats the joke. Get a load of this recent event. Another stupid "equip item" event, because you can only equip one item at time.

Last edited:

Dregnel

They probably don't see the need to give so much variation after all the competition is doing the job worse than them.
yt9mCmR.png

that is wuthering waves, yesterday they had technical test and everyone has the same face.

Fake

Look at Nintendo giving a fuck about representation. Don't get me wrong, I would like 100% more chars like Xinyan any day, but not 'Clayrmore' with shit kit. Make decents kits/gameplay mechanics. I want more skin tones, but thats not mean I want a shit character. Make at least a decent kit/lore/personality. Listen to the folks that play the game, not those who don't even play GI, but live for niptick the way the char look.

Top Bottom