• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Asher17

Neo Member
Anyone who thinks 4 stars can't do heavy dps doesn't have a built Ningguang.

The right sub dps can make up for a 4 star carry in any case.

Reactions: BJK

Pejo

I have no idea how people are getting this/doing it, but here's a whacked out preview of Fischl's skin.

Also, apparently Diluc's idle animation in his skin changes from the falcon to him pulling out a scroll and looking at it.

488fwrm514091.png

*edit*

It's not a swimsuit, it's a princess gown. Here are the placeholder names:

1198kx4ah3091.png

*edit2*

Now they're saying there's a second one, but to me, this looks more likely to be Nahida, the new hydro catalyst user.
a4495ghry3091.png

I dunno what the hell's going on.

Last edited:

crumbs

We've reached a new level of potato-quality leaks with these silhouettes :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I guess a princess costume makes sense given the lore behind where Fischl took her name. Could be better than another granny swimsuit.

Pejo

wtf are those leaks? might as well not leak anything at all.

Silhouette ass bullshit.
If I had to guess, it's probably because MHY got super anal about leakers and have hidden stuff everywhere to identify who's leaking stuff. The obscurity of these brown filters must counter whatever MHY's done. It's different for like the Heizou gameplay, because they're spinning that stuff up on a private server not linked to any particular user.

Reizo Ryuu

If I had to guess, it's probably because MHY got super anal about leakers and have hidden stuff everywhere to identify who's leaking stuff. The obscurity of these brown filters must counter whatever MHY's done. It's different for like the Heizou gameplay, because they're spinning that stuff up on a private server not linked to any particular user.
Still feels like clout chasing to me, cause these leaks are just completely worthless.

In other news, aponia preload available.

Dregnel

It is simply encrypted, the skins are very easy to encrypt and usually unnecessary for the testers to test them.
Epic games does the same with fortnite and leakers can't see them, sometimes they can see those types of silhouettes with certain tricks, I assume it's the same case.

Last edited:

crumbs

So with the downtime in GI, I've been circling back and completing builds on characters that were half finished. One of those characters is Rosaria, who I already have at lvl 70 C3, but with minimal investments in talents and no investment in artifacts. I have a half-built lvl 60 Dragonspire spear currently equipped and don't really have other polearm options for her outside of a Favonius lance.

My question for people in this thread who have built Rosaria is: physical DPS or cryo sub-DPS? I don't really have a physical character built-out for WL8, but I'm not sure I need one. As for cryo sub-DPS, I do have a fully built Chongyun. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Pejo

So with the downtime in GI, I've been circling back and completing builds on characters that were half finished. One of those characters is Rosaria, who I already have at lvl 70 C3, but with minimal investments in talents and no investment in artifacts. I have a half-built lvl 60 Dragonspire spear currently equipped and don't really have other polearm options for her outside of a Favonius lance.

My question for people in this thread who have built Rosaria is: physical DPS or cryo sub-DPS? I don't really have a physical character built-out for WL8, but I'm not sure I need one. As for cryo sub-DPS, I do have a fully built Chongyun. Thanks in advance for any advice.
She technically becomes more useful/powerful as a Cryo sub dps with her burst, but then she's just there to spam her skills and swap out. I personally run her as physical dps. A popular team for her is to use Xiangling in the party with her, spam her burst and do reverse melt while a 3rd character is your carry DPS. It's like running 2 full time DPS at the same time. Seems very hungry for energy though and you need to get lucky on artifact rolls to make it viable.

Others do a team of Rosaria (phys dps with either Homa or R5 Crescent Pike)/Shogun or Fischl (apply electro for superconduct)/Albedo/a 4th (usually Diona for particles, shield and healing). If you want to run her as phys carry, R5 Pike is almost mandatory unless you have Homa or I guess Xiao's spear. There's not much wiggle room with that because her individual hits are fast but not necessarily hard hitting.

There's also the "sunfire" team, but it takes a very specific setup:

Finally, if you want to run her with Chongus/Anemo (for VV effect)/Hydro character, she is one of the best Freeze team characters. Coincidentally this is how I use my Shenhe. You'll want to tailor at least her goblet depending on which team comp you're using with her.

I don't kid myself that my Rosaria will ever be stronger than my Eula, but I do think she's one of the most fun characters to actually play, with her frequent use of her elemental skill and dodging, and fast hits. She also makes your whole team move notably faster at night, which is a nice bonus for getting around.

In other news, I'm glad to hear that we're finally getting 2.7. Earlier than I expected actually. It's actually been kinda nice to have a bit of a break from the game, but I'm ready for part 2 of the Chasm. I saw a few leaks of the upcoming area, looks really cool.

crumbs

She technically becomes more useful/powerful as a Cryo sub dps with her burst, but then she's just there to spam her skills and swap out. I personally run her as physical dps. A popular team for her is to use Xiangling in the party with her, spam her burst and do reverse melt while a 3rd character is your carry DPS. It's like running 2 full time DPS at the same time. Seems very hungry for energy though and you need to get lucky on artifact rolls to make it viable.

Others do a team of Rosaria (phys dps with either Homa or R5 Crescent Pike)/Shogun or Fischl (apply electro for superconduct)/Albedo/a 4th (usually Diona for particles, shield and healing). If you want to run her as phys carry, R5 Pike is almost mandatory unless you have Homa or I guess Xiao's spear. There's not much wiggle room with that because her individual hits are fast but not necessarily hard hitting.

There's also the "sunfire" team, but it takes a very specific setup:

Finally, if you want to run her with Chongus/Anemo (for VV effect)/Hydro character, she is one of the best Freeze team characters. Coincidentally this is how I use my Shenhe. You'll want to tailor at least her goblet depending on which team comp you're using with her.

I don't kid myself that my Rosaria will ever be stronger than my Eula, but I do think she's one of the most fun characters to actually play, with her frequent use of her elemental skill and dodging, and fast hits. She also makes your whole team move notably faster at night, which is a nice bonus for getting around.

In other news, I'm glad to hear that we're finally getting 2.7. Earlier than I expected actually. It's actually been kinda nice to have a bit of a break from the game, but I'm ready for part 2 of the Chasm. I saw a few leaks of the upcoming area, looks really cool.

Thanks for the feedback. Leaning towards physical DPS, so I'll need to go back and review my artifacts. I probably have a bunch of pale flame artifacts from when I was farming the ridge watch domain for Zhongli's ToM artifacts.

I'm getting to the point with my character roster that I'm not sure some of the remaining unleveled characters are worth an investment. This isn't based off them being good or useful characters, but more about my likelihood of actually using them with any frequency.

Pejo

Thanks for the feedback. Leaning towards physical DPS, so I'll need to go back and review my artifacts. I probably have a bunch of pale flame artifacts from when I was farming the ridge watch domain for Zhongli's ToM artifacts.

I'm getting to the point with my character roster that I'm not sure some of the remaining unleveled characters are worth an investment. This isn't based off them being good or useful characters, but more about my likelihood of actually using them with any frequency.
2pc Pale Flame + 2pc Bloodstained + phys goblet is her "go to" artifact setup. I can't stress how important R5 Crescent Pike is though for physical. It adds so much damage due to the passive.

Fake

Main Rosaria. I don't use her as a DPS, but like a element skill/burst spammer with decent dmg.
She is not fast at the polearm so make me rethink about making her DPS.

You told about favonius being the only? What about the spear from the fishing? I use with her and she do wonders.

For artifact, 2 glad and 2 cryo bonus.
Other point, my last artifact main attribute is CRITRATE, so works with both the polearm, her constelation and her burst.

Now, if you really want DPS, get 2 glad and the another one with ATK bonus.
The other spear for DPS are from the shop with keep increase the chances of doing a critical rate. His substatus is ATK as well. Physical bonus don't works well with her.

Last edited:

crumbs

2pc Pale Flame + 2pc Bloodstained + phys goblet is her "go to" artifact setup. I can't stress how important R5 Crescent Pike is though for physical. It adds so much damage due to the passive.

Yes, that artifact setup makes a lot of sense phys damage. I don't currently have the Crescent Pike, so I'll need to decide if I want to use that many billets + weapon EXP on crafting and refining it.

Main Rosaria. I don't use her as a DPS, but like a element skill/burst spammer with decent dmg.
She is not fast at the polearm so make me rethink about making her DPS.

You told about favonius being the only? What about the spear from the fishing? I use with her and she do wonders.

For artifact, 2 glad and 2 cryo bonus.
Other point, my last artifact main attribute is CRITRATE, so works with both the polearm, her constelation and her burst.

Now, if you really want DPS, get 2 glad and the another one with ATK bonus.
The other spear for DPS are from the shop with keep increase the chances of doing a critical rate. His substatus is ATK as well. Physical bonus don't works well with her.
I use the Catch on the Shogun, so don't envision switching it to Rosaria. If I went the cryo sub-DPS route with her, I might lean to the ER from the Favonius Lance.

I haven't had much luck with polearms in this game. I've bought the BP more than a few times, but I used it to refine the Black Sword and the Solar Pearl. My current polearm allotment:

Zhongli - Black Tassel
Shogun - The Catch
Xiangling - Dragon's Bane
Rosaria - Dragonspine Spear
Thoma - Favonius Lance ( I don't plan to build Thoma, he's just keeping the spear warm)

Pejo

Yes, that artifact setup makes a lot of sense phys damage. I don't currently have the Crescent Pike, so I'll need to decide if I want to use that many billets + weapon EXP on crafting and refining it.

I use the Catch on the Shogun, so don't envision switching it to Rosaria. If I went the cryo sub-DPS route with her, I might lean to the ER from the Favonius Lance.

I haven't had much luck with polearms in this game. I've bought the BP more than a few times, but I used it to refine the Black Sword and the Solar Pearl. My current polearm allotment:

Zhongli - Black Tassel
Shogun - The Catch
Thoma - Favonius Lance ( I don't plan to build Thoma, he's just keeping the spear warm)
If you're using Rosaria as a sub dps, that Favonius would work well on her. Also, if you don't want to invest too much into her, the Dragonspine is ok, but you will notice that kills feel a lot slower with it, which is unfortunate because it matches her aesthetics so well.

Pejo

Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
How'd you do on the banners? I had sizable savings going into this patch. Got Aponia 6 pulls away from hard pity, so now I'm left with 2000 crystals. Had some pink cards for the equipment banner, got dupe Hler's serenity and a shakespeare stig. Awful awful day for gacha. in 2 weeks, I get the 900 day bonus, so I'll have 15 more pink cards to be disappointed by. I was hoping to luck into Aponia and at least 2/4 of her set, I didn't expect it to go this badly.

Aponia's kind of a fun main dps/sub dps combo. I like her gameplay quite a bit, it's certainly unique. I haven't had the chance to do Eden's trial yet, but we'll all get her for free eventually so I'll have time.

Reizo Ryuu

Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
How'd you do on the banners? I had sizable savings going into this patch. Got Aponia 6 pulls away from hard pity, so now I'm left with 2000 crystals. Had some pink cards for the equipment banner, got dupe Hler's serenity and a shakespeare stig. Awful awful day for gacha. in 2 weeks, I get the 900 day bonus, so I'll have 15 more pink cards to be disappointed by. I was hoping to luck into Aponia and at least 2/4 of her set, I didn't expect it to go this badly.

Aponia's kind of a fun main dps/sub dps combo. I like her gameplay quite a bit, it's certainly unique. I haven't had the chance to do Eden's trial yet, but we'll all get her for free eventually so I'll have time.

I did pretty awesome all things considered, got Aponia and her pri in 15k crystals, and then I dumped the rest (6k) into trying to get klein, didn't get her yet but only 20 pulls away now, so I think I'll get her before she leaves.
Also got a copy of Wenji (T), which is surprisingly good for Aponia as well.
Aponia is def cool, but I think I like her ER version way more, with how the weapon active spawns a clone instead, but I guess that's the trade-off for not having Eden/Fischl to feed her in ER.
Eden also seems cool, but I'm wondering how good her damage will be, kind of a waste if she's just support, don't have her guns, but I got fenghuang pinions way back and they seem to be good on her, so I don't feel like pulling for her gear at all tbh, I'll just keep putting everything on klein.

Also for her trial, I got a bit stuck with the charge mechanic she has, because the tutorial doesn't explain it properly; you need to hold to attack button until the projectile loops back, and then right as it comes back, a light will flash on Eden, this is when you release the attack button and press it again quickly; was stumped for a long time cause you can let the button go once the charge attack fires, but then the follow up won't work, keep holding it.

Gonna head into the open world stuff later.

Pejo

I did pretty awesome all things considered, got Aponia and her pri in 15k crystals, and then I dumped the rest (6k) into trying to get klein, didn't get her yet but only 20 pulls away now, so I think I'll get her before she leaves.
Also got a copy of Wenji (T), which is surprisingly good for Aponia as well.
Aponia is def cool, but I think I like her ER version way more, with how the weapon active spawns a clone instead, but I guess that's the trade-off for not having Eden/Fischl to feed her in ER.
Eden also seems cool, but I'm wondering how good her damage will be, kind of a waste if she's just support, don't have her guns, but I got fenghuang pinions way back and they seem to be good on her, so I don't feel like pulling for her gear at all tbh, I'll just keep putting everything on klein.

Also for her trial, I got a bit stuck with the charge mechanic she has, because the tutorial doesn't explain it properly; you need to hold to attack button until the projectile loops back, and then right as it comes back, a light will flash on Eden, this is when you release the attack button and press it again quickly; was stumped for a long time cause you can let the button go once the charge attack fires, but then the follow up won't work, keep holding it.

Gonna head into the open world stuff later.
I'm not spending any resources on Eden, despite me liking her design a lot. That charge attack thing sounds goofy, but I'm sure it's something that we'll get used to. I don't think she's supposed to be a damage valk at all, so if you were hoping for more than support, that's probably sad news. I will be crafting 2/3 of her Stigs though, since we got the one in the free selector. I have enough of the red things, but obviously like everyone I have to farm Mirage for the new tier 7 mats. I haven't tried it yet but I saw they put god damn nihilus husk in as the boss. Thanks a lot MHY. Take an awful time gated grind and make it even worse.

*edit* - Just tried stage 7 in Mirage, blew him up in under a minute with my Mobius. So just a regular time gated grind, no more annoying than the previous ones.

That's some amazing luck on Aponia. Don't forget that the felis store has elf frags to buy too, including Klein I think. Up to 50 frags you can get that way.

So it looks like 2.7 Genshin will start on Tues the 31st. It's also shortened down to only 6 weeks, so I'm not exacty sure how the banner schedule will look.

z76vel096f091.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

I'm not spending any resources on Eden, despite me liking her design a lot. That charge attack thing sounds goofy, but I'm sure it's something that we'll get used to. I don't think she's supposed to be a damage valk at all, so if you were hoping for more than support, that's probably sad news. I will be crafting 2/3 of her Stigs though, since we got the one in the free selector. I have enough of the red things, but obviously like everyone I have to farm Mirage for the new tier 7 mats. I haven't tried it yet but I saw they put god damn nihilus husk in as the boss. Thanks a lot MHY. Take an awful time gated grind and make it even worse.

*edit* - Just tried stage 7 in Mirage, blew him up in under a minute with my Mobius. So just a regular time gated grind, no more annoying than the previous ones.

That's some amazing luck on Aponia. Don't forget that the felis store has elf frags to buy too, including Klein I think. Up to 50 frags you can get that way.

So it looks like 2.7 Genshin will start on Tues the 31st. It's also shortened down to only 6 weeks, so I'm not exacty sure how the banner schedule will look.

z76vel096f091.jpg
Don't the versions run about 6 weeks normally? So I'm expecting banners to run for 3 weeks like normal or am I missing something?

Fake

Zhongli - Black Tassel
Shogun - The Catch

As Pejo Pejo mention, Favonius still works pretty well on her. (My Rosaria used Favonius before change to the Fish Spear).

The problem with 4*star character are the level of investment and time you need to spend to make them DPS are absurd.

Chongus was my main char since beggining. Every top tier artifact I give to him, while Dilluc, Xiao and Razor have the rest.

The effort I did with Chongus is unbelievable. Require so much time I not recommend. Dilluc do much more damage even with 4* weapons while Chongus have 5*.

Rosaria can be a DPS, but you need a series of combination, RNG and good weapon for her. Rosaria attack speed is very bad, she is like Xingu doing basic attacks.

The only weapon she can get and say 'YES, SHE WILL BE DPS' are the Jade spear, but Jade spear is like the Wolf Claymore. Make everyone DPS.

Last edited:

Fake

I already beat 10, 11 and 12 with 9 star, but before those crazy enemies like the abyss and the poison wolf.

Today I get to the 12, but not interess in going foward.

Asher17

Neo Member
I run my Rosaria as a cryo sub now, and she's very good at it. Several months ago I did a full abyss clear with her as a phys carry with Albedo and Fischl on the team(I forget the 4th) and a Crescent Pike(R3-4 at the time). That might have been when Abyss was easier though, I don't remember the enemy lineup. Pretty sure there was a Phys damage bonus on floor 11 though.

Rosa is fully capable as a phys carry, but she's obviously not going to reach the same level Eula can. You just need the right supports to make it smooth.

Fake

Rosaria is very good. The only cavia she have are her constelation, with IMO are mix bag.

I mean, last constelation give her burst physical resistence reduction... this is like a constelation for C1 or C2. I would prefer cryo reduction.

crumbs

I appreciate all the input I've received on Rosaria builds. After reviewing my existing artifacts and character roster, I'm going to build her out as a cryo sub-DPS. I've got a lot of Blizzard Strayer artifacts from recently farming that Domain for Ayaka, so I'm going with a 2 piece BS and 2 piece Noblesse setup. I didn't have nearly as many Pale Flame or Bloodstained artifacts as I had hoped and I'm too lazy to go back and farm those domains.

I also realized that I was 65 wishes in on the standard banner, so I decided to try and hit pity. It didn't go all that well:

1. I went all the way to 88 wishes before hitting pity :messenger_expressionless:
2. I ended up with the Bell :messenger_crying: and constellations for Sucrose and Yanfei.
3. At pity, I pulled another Keqing constellation :messenger_loudly_crying:. Worst of all is that it was her C2, which has to be one of the lamest 5 star constellations in the game:

"When Keqing's Normal and Charged Attacks hit opponents affected by Electro, they have a 50% chance of producing an Elemental Particle.
This effect can only occur once every 5s."

Her burst only needs 40 energy and is already very spammable, so any kind of energy generation buff is the last thing Keqing needs. It's a shame that none of her constellations address her biggest issue - Stamina usage from her charged attacks. Yanfei is a 4 star and has the same stamina issue, but she has a constellation that helps mitigate it.

Last edited:

Asher17

Neo Member
It's a shame that none of her constellations address her biggest issue - Stamina usage from her charged attacks. Yanfei is a 4 star and has the same stamina issue, but she has a constellation that helps mitigate it.
I've been tinkering with the idea of Keqing using the Echoes set and using a N1-4, Dash, repeat combo. I have no idea if it's actually going to be good or not once I've fully leveled the set, but the attack string is fun to play around with, and I never have stamina issues with it.

Asher17

Neo Member
My man. Who knew that the first playable character with a beard would be a collab character.

My survey was about Benny/Zhongli/Mona/Lisa. I asked for more leotards even though I know we're probably never getting another one ever again.
They also gave me Itto, Yanfei, Fischl, and Miko. So I got to complain about midriff males and furry ears.

When they asked me what I disliked about Aloy's appearence, I said she looks like a potato. I also said they should fix her E skill so she can actually function as a carry. 🤷‍♂️

Fake

I remember people on Twitter joking over people about the lady censor skin... and joining to the cause after the belly button removal.

As I mention before they really pushed the bars here putting a western char (with no signs of art direction. I have here Horizon Zero Dawn and the game is pretty much about photorealism).
They should instead put some of the japanese studious chars from Ape Escape or Gravity Rush.

That girl from Gravity Rush would be perfect for a catalyst and if they're so afraid of boobs and asses, no problem because she don't have such.

Last edited:

crumbs

I've been tinkering with the idea of Keqing using the Echoes set and using a N1-4, Dash, repeat combo. I have no idea if it's actually going to be good or not once I've fully leveled the set, but the attack string is fun to play around with, and I never have stamina issues with it.

Keqing was my main DPS for the early part of this game and I used to have her built out for physical damage. Over time, I converted her to electro damage, but I've thought about moving her back over to physical. However, between her constellations "enhancing" her electro damage and the leaks about dendro working with electro, I've decided to leave her build alone.

The Echoes set could be worth a shot if you can find a way to mix an occasional charged attack into the string somehow. It is a shame that a lot of these characters have really slick normal attack animations that you don't get to see very often.

Last edited:

deanote666

To be honest, I forget about charged attacks entirely 90% of the time.

My survey peps were male traveler, Mona, Amber, and Childe. Gave very dissatisfied on Mona, Amber because of censorship. Gave unsatisfied on Child because his color/shading from the back make him look like a PS2 character.

Asher17

Neo Member
The Echoes set could be worth a shot if you can find a way to mix an occasional charged attack into the string somehow. It is a shame that a lot of these characters have really slick normal attack animations that you don't get to see very often.
My original intention was to see if I could make a viable setup that didn't use her charged attacks, but I'm fairly certain a N1-4, CA, Dash, repeat would work as well. I need to get to work on leveling a decent Echoes set now.

You can just exit and restart the survey and you'll get a different set of characters
fP1cuKX.jpg

:messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_smiling_horns::messenger_smiling_horns:
It's okay, we all have bad tastes at times. I used to like the Starship Troopers movie back in the day, so I know how it is.

Top Bottom