• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

So I did the event stuff last night. Better than some past events. I particularly like the shadow puzzle thing but why even add the timer to it? Just to test it out, I left one go over the timer countdown and it doesn't even do anything, and you get full rewards regardless. Firework thing is kinda frustrating because the meter moves in random amounts so it's not like you can have a strategy, just keep trying until you get "perfect" I guess.

Dregnel

I wonder if anyone with C6 JohnLee tested him out vs. dickwolves? Like since their attacks bypass shields, does it also bypass his C6 healing? I'd be curious to see.
Do you really want to know?
cS1OIAq.png

Pejo

You mean like this?

So essentially the actual attacks do heal, but not the corrosion mechanics, pretty much what I expected.

They also severely nerfed the Husks in the last version of the Beta. Guess they got a lot of feedback about how they were so blatantly created to be anti-shield.

Fake

So I did the event stuff last night. Better than some past events. I particularly like the shadow puzzle thing but why even add the timer to it? Just to test it out, I left one go over the timer countdown and it doesn't even do anything, and you get full rewards regardless. Firework thing is kinda frustrating because the meter moves in random amounts so it's not like you can have a strategy, just keep trying until you get "perfect" I guess.

Looks overall better than last year. Lets see how this ends.

Pejo

Kinda funny that due to CN censorship, none of the Chines....er....Liyue characters are even allowed to wear some of their own culture's most famous dresses, the Qipao:

7yu4g268e2e81.jpg

I guess you could argue that Ning kinda wears one but it's not quite the same. Funny enough, before all these CN gacha games got famous, Qipaos were some of the only things I even knew about China.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Kinda funny that due to CN censorship, none of the Chines....er....Liyue characters are even allowed to wear some of their own culture's most famous dresses, the Qipao:

7yu4g268e2e81.jpg

I guess you could argue that Ning kinda wears one but it's not quite the same. Funny enough, before all these CN gacha games got famous, Qipaos were some of the only things I even knew about China.
Yeah, that's kind of an... interesting take on Qipao:
61Ayix5eCgL._AC_UX342_.jpg

Pejo

Yeah, that's kind of an... interesting take on Qipao:
61Ayix5eCgL._AC_UX342_.jpg
Well the ones I've seen most often are usually longer with a slit up one or both sides. The commonality is that they're all fairly form fitting especially around the hips.

Here's a longer Cheongsam that's pretty iconic from early internet days:

crumbs

Agreed. The treasure hoarder stuff was good and the shadow puzzle was kinda fun, although I think one shadow bugged out on me, but I still got the rewards.

However, the firework event is really lame. It has several pages of instructions, but it amounts to moving the 3 different progress bars to the good zone, which unlocks more options, which makes it easier to clear, I guess? I finished yesterday's tasks easily enough, but it's not fun and feels like peak filler content. Are we supposed to wait to light the fireworks we get as rewards?

Pejo

Agreed. The treasure hoarder stuff was good and the shadow puzzle was kinda fun, although I think one shadow bugged out on me, but I still got the rewards.

However, the firework event is really lame. It has several pages of instructions, but it amounts to moving the 3 different progress bars to the good zone, which unlocks more options, which makes it easier to clear, I guess? I finished yesterday's tasks easily enough, but it's not fun and feels like peak filler content. Are we supposed to wait to light the fireworks we get as rewards?
you can fill the tubes now with the fireworks you get from event rewards and fireworks you buy from the shop. It's permanent, so you'll be able to build fireworks plans and launch them whenever, wherever, even after the event ends. It's kinda fun once you piss with it and get a few more variations of firework.

Dregnel

Well the ones I've seen most often are usually longer with a slit up one or both sides. The commonality is that they're all fairly form fitting especially around the hips.

MEteIvM.png

qipao in honkai, now i don't have enough crystal because bronya broke me.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned

This one is very Ningguangy
7a260c536cd0f2c44f6a338169234333.jpg

Just hit 91k with the cow in Abyss 11. Almost there... if only that fucking Crit Damage hat would drop...
Edit: speaking of which, am I the only one who usually gets 4 good artifacts very quickly then the 5th never wants to drop?

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I wonder if anyone with C6 JohnLee tested him out vs. dickwolves? Like since their attacks bypass shields, does it also bypass his C6 healing? I'd be curious to see.

Their attacks also bypass invulnerably frames of bursts. If you burst with Ayaka or Kaede for instance, they do their animations and then release their burst. But the wolfes bypasses that and applies corrosion normally.

I'm not sure whats the deal in creating enemies like that. If theres people who like then its ok, but its a 100% ignored enemy for me. Too much trouple for nothing.

Last edited:

Pejo

Their attacks also bypass invulnerably frames of bursts. If you burst with Ayaka or Kaede for instance, they do their animations and then release their burst. But the wolfes bypasses that and applies corrosion normally.

I'm not sure whats the deal in creating enemies like that. If theres people who like then its ok, but its a 100% ignored enemy for me. Too much trouple for nothing.
That's some high IQ coding right there. Make an unskippable cutscene where you're invulnerable, but now it's a weakness. Checkmate YouTubers.

Fake

BTW, I was in direction of the lantern event.

IDK why I always try to start the quest from the sky. Because is a forced cutscene Sayu die from falling dmg.

Pejo

BTW, I was in direction of the lantern event.

IDK why I always try to start the quest from the sky. Because is a forced cutscene Sayu die from falling dmg.
I always do this too. You think they could just warp you safely to the ground when a cutscene starts, but nope.

Pejo

Had promise until I saw the "netmarble" logo. Still, I'm really glad people are finally jumping in to this type of game. Also where was Ban, the best character in the show?

Netmarble also showed new Solo Leveling game.

Same thing here. I heard the web novel for this IP was dope, I thought we'd see an anime before a game.

Maybe I'm just behind the times. The Korean games industry has been getting a boost lately, maybe netmarble sees this as an opportunity to break out. Those are two pretty big IPs for them, and Solo Leveling is a Korean IP so they probably want to put a little more love into it.

SSfox

I just hit pity 39 in Ganyu Banner and finally i got what i wanted aka another Beidou, now i think i'm gonna stop. I've Beidou C5 and XQ C5, both will be in shop in Feb and March and so i can get C6 on both. Gonna save now my pity for my next 5*, which right now i'm not super sure who it will be.

Last edited:

crumbs

So the only time you'll see the original outfits (on the non CN servers) is when you own the character and actively select the original outfit :messenger_pensive:

Post-Yae release, it's going to be very interesting to see the design of the next female character. At this point, I'm assuming we'll start seeing censored costumes being released with more frequency.

How are they going to handle this with limited banner characters? It would be pretty dirty to release censored costumes for Ganyu & Shenhe right after they sold them on banners in their original outfits.

Last edited:
I was just about to post that. Very disappointing. In hindsight it makes sense. They'd have to change the models in every cutscene moving forward. I can understand that they wouldn't want to keep messing with that, even if it is little effort to do so. They're even changing the splash art. It'll be like those old costumes never existed.

Pretty sneaky too that they send a mail with the alternate outfits as if they're generously giving us something, when they'll ultimately be forced on everyone anyway. I was thinking about not accepting them, but there's no point to it.

Reddit and twitter must be out of their minds from excitement. But I will have the last laugh when their femboys get censored too.

Pejo

I was just about to post that. Very disappointing. In hindsight it makes sense. They'd have to change the models in every cutscene moving forward. I can understand that they wouldn't want to keep messing with that, even if it is little effort to do so. They're even changing the splash art. It'll be like those old costumes never existed.

Pretty sneaky too that they send a mail with the alternate outfits as if they're generously giving us something, when they'll ultimately be forced on everyone anyway. I was thinking about not accepting them, but there's no point to it.

Reddit and twitter must be out of their minds from excitement. But I will have the last laugh when their femboys get censored too.
I get what you're saying but I will never bend the knee to this type of crap. They're a multi BILLION dollar privately held company. They could easily crank out two sets of cutscenes, one for CN and one for the other territories. Fuck them and their censorship. If we didn't have the reddit/twitter crew basically jacking off over their elation of censored female characters, there might have been a chance of it too, but here we are.

Saber

Gold Member
I get what you're saying but I will never bend the knee to this type of crap. They're a multi BILLION dollar privately held company. They could easily crank out two sets of cutscenes, one for CN and one for the other territories. Fuck them and their censorship. If we didn't have the reddit/twitter crew basically jacking off over their elation of censored female characters, there might have been a chance of it too, but here we are.

I too believe that those infiltraded and payed shills will make controlled opinions about this. Its unfortunate, but theres nothing we can do.

The game is in no way in a good route and this is just the begining. And I will be happy to finally terminate my account for good this time.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

no, they don't need to make new cutscenes for example when you fighting against childe those cutscene are pre-rendered, they are a little more difficult to change but it's not really hard it takes hours only, we don't have any with those character at the moment.

they are changing the cutscenes in game where you are talking with mona for example, bruh this only takes minutes to change it, if you have played a little with some mods you know what is going on.
these are not optional outfit, it was a forced change and PR shit, i knew this gonna happen with the CN community crying and asking for this it happened with honkai too.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

This just sets an awful precedent for the future in regards to existing designs and new ones. The only time they're ever going to get away with it is if it's a facking China Dress (which I like) since it promotes culture or whatever.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

SSfox

My thoughts on the costumes:

Amber and Mona = Awful, don't see myself put this in my characters.

Rosa and Jean = Actually pretty ok, tho i think i prefer the original ones still.

So If I'm reading this right, the new outfits are not actually optional and will be forcibly changed for all cutscenes?
That's actually bullshit and retard, fuck them seriously.

That's actually a true disaster, what if they keep continue doing so with other characters as well, holy shit wtf!!!!

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Gosh darn it. Its a bummer right. I logged in yesterday and leveled that amos bow to 90, pretty cool, game is still great...

but afterwards i felt dirty and complicit to the censorship and bait and switch steering away from waifu fan service. Oh well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom