• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

The thing that players are going to hate though is for optimal play they will need to pull that character ANNNNND the weapon. And that'll suck big time. Since they on different banners.
Yep, agree with that. You're also going to be stuck pulling Gorou and maybe even Albedo if you want to "main" Itto. That shit gets expensive and the loss of flexibility in team comp sucks.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yep, agree with that. You're also going to be stuck pulling Gorou and maybe even Albedo if you want to "main" Itto. That shit gets expensive and the loss of flexibility in team comp sucks.
Year 1 players were damn lucky lol Imagine starting with Kokomi... Only Cocogoat rerun can save them now hah

BlackM1st

Banned
er3OefT.jpg

Official OnePlus phone Sucrose bundle.

Mini fan, phone case and extra 1000 primos.

Pejo

At c6, her skill/burst causes a buff that does a decent attack boost for 6 seconds and raises only Electro crit damage by 60%. Her Burst is 80 energy to use.

Raiden brings a ton of ER to the party, her Burst is front loaded for big damage that scales well with Sara's short buff (and big crit damage buff). She's only on the field doing electro damage for 7 seconds and then falls off drastically.

It's basically like wasting a team slot solely to buff Raiden's Burst and then them both fucking off while you use a real character until the Burst is ready again. Biggest waste of potential IMO. You can't even use Sara with anyone that demands an on-field presence to ramp up damage since her buff is so short.

Buff should be 10 seconds and it should be a flat CDMG buff at c6 no matter the element. That would make her fit a LOT more teams. I'm force using her in my physical team for Superconduct and the short shitty attack buff, but Fischl fills the same role 100x better with the extra Oz damage destroying the attack you get for those 6 seconds.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I'm back in soft pity land for the standard banner now. After we get the November store refresh, I'll likely get my 5 star. I wouldn't mind getting Skyward Spine or Aquila Favonia.

Damn, creative. I was wondering how she sat on the bed, then I saw that they clipped 2 stools into the bed. Clever.

I wish MHY would just let us overlap furniture by default. It's really annoying to do the "tricks" if you're not playing with a mouse.

YukiOnna

I'm back in soft pity land for the standard banner now. After we get the November store refresh, I'll likely get my 5 star. I wouldn't mind getting Skyward Spine or Aquila Favonia.

Damn, creative. I was wondering how she sat on the bed, then I saw that they clipped 2 stools into the bed. Clever.

I wish MHY would just let us overlap furniture by default. It's really annoying to do the "tricks" if you're not playing with a mouse.
Actually wish they'd give the QoL updates in Housing than other things. Updates has been a bit slow...

Sick work. Unfortunately I'm too lazy to do anything remotely close to it + space limit kills it 4 me.

P.S. it looks like a red light district from the Yakuza series haha
They actually call it red light district haha

Pejo

I actually had my mind blown in the Inazuma teapot realm yesterday. There's that separation between the 2nd and 3rd areas, and I've been gliding down there, no big deal. Found out that there's actually an invisible path there if you stand around for a second and let the sakura petals fall on it so you can see it.

Pretty cool shit.

I think that the only stuff they really need to do to housing is let us clip by default, give more load, and give us more interactive furniture. It's nice that we have a lot of decoration options, but once you set it, there's nothing else to do in the teapot. A working record player for playing the OST, a projector for viewing past cutscenes, even just quirky one-off furniture that you can interact with like turning lights on/off or sitting on beds or whatever. The anniversary harp is nice, more stuff like that would be appreciated. Then again, they were planning on charging 30 bucks for that lol.

BlackM1st

Banned
What could have been if MiHo believed in Holiday skins...

bce9QnU.jpg
l92lKcQ.jpg
aZdx5Ka.jpg

Now live with it mwuahahah.

;_;

Also, pretty nice scythe. But looks like it's just his signature spear with additional blade. Still... scythes, baby!

Pejo

You know, I really like this current event in the game, but even with that, this is the most dead the game has ever felt. I realize not every patch can be a huge content drop but man, there is just nothing to discuss right now. Not even any good leaks lately.

This is the type of feeling you usually get with a few days left in an old patch, and we still have like 4 weeks to go.

*edit*

I just realized that those stickers you posted are official media. So even MHY's designers want to do Halloween stuff, but since it's a "western" holiday, I guess it's not allowed.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I just realized that those stickers you posted are official media
Naturally. That's the only reason I posted em haha.

So even MHY's designers want to do Halloween stuff, but since it's a "western" holiday, I guess it's not allowed.
But we haven't had any Chinese holidays skins too haha Just a couple of absolutely random outta nowhere "swimsuits" during KLEE'S (ffs) event for 2 most random heroes ever lol

This is the type of feeling you usually get with a few days left in an old patch, and we still have like 4 weeks to go.
New leaks were pretty fucking substantial and basically showed everything we need to know. Some got their rock hard nips, some got furry fuckboi, some are patiently waiting for Albedo's (lmao) rerun. Heroes wise new players have a pretty shit luck lol Hu Tao is OK, but eh...

We already had next major region wip screens showing its design. Remember that giant tree 🌳 "city"? We know that the Chasm is next.

What else here to discuss? Go grind some artifacts ;D

And cry for no scythe for Xiao

Pejo

Man, we got the ugly poor man shikigami with boobs for eyes.
What do you mean?

Naturally. That's the only reason I posted em haha.

But we haven't had any Chinese holidays skins too haha Just a couple of absolutely random outta nowhere "swimsuits" during KLEE'S (ffs) event for 2 most random heroes ever lol

New leaks were pretty fucking substantial and basically showed everything we need to know. Some got their rock hard nips, some got furry fuckboi, some are patiently waiting for Albedo's (lmao) rerun. Heroes wise new players have a pretty shit luck lol Hu Tao is OK, but eh...

We already had next major region wip screens showing its design. Remember that giant tree 🌳 "city"? We know that the Chasm is next.

What else here to discuss? Go grind some artifacts ;D

And cry for no scythe for Xiao
I guess you're right, the leaks kinda blew their load early this time, and it's been quiet ever since. I expect that we'll start to see drawings/hear details of the new costumes soon, and then actual leaks of them in a few weeks.

It's a shame that MHY hard limits the amount of grinding you can do in this current event. This would have been a fun one to just open up and let you infinitely grind blue xp books/small amounts of mora if you wanted to keep running the dungeons. Then again, the dungeons aren't random at all, so it'd probably get a little boring. I'm usually against procedurally generated content, but I think it could really work for this game mode.

BlackM1st

Banned
This would have been a fun one to just open up and let you infinitely grind blue xp books/small amounts of mora if you wanted to keep running the dungeons. Then again, the dungeons aren't random at all, so it'd probably get a little boring. I'm usually against procedurally generated content, but I think it could really work for this game mode.
Have you played the Division 1 DLC " underground "?

Skip to 1:10 and watch for 2 minutes:

This is EXACTLY what current event should've been.

Pejo

Have you played the Division 1 DLC " underground "?

Skip to 1:10 and watch for 2 minutes:

This is EXACTLY what current event should've been.

I didn't know they added this to the Division, pretty cool. I loved some of the things they did in that game, but the bullet sponge bs was the worst out of any game I've ever played, so I ducked out before the DLC came out.

Pejo

Hey YukiOnna YukiOnna
Did you get in to Star Rail beta? Seems that it's started. Curious of your thoughts if you did. Also, did you ever end up trying out Honkai Impact?

*edit*

I just complain about no exciting leaks lately, but then bam - the most exciting leak of all time

qxadpqtmg0w71.jpg

Lieben's box trade event is returning for the 3rd time! Holy shit, hype through the roof. I love exchanging 3 sweet flowers for 10 primogems and a green talent book.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Hey YukiOnna YukiOnna
Did you get in to Star Rail beta? Seems that it's started. Curious of your thoughts if you did. Also, did you ever end up trying out Honkai Impact?

*edit*

I just complain about no exciting leaks lately, but then bam - the most exciting leak of all time

qxadpqtmg0w71.jpg

Lieben's box trade event is returning for the 3rd time! Holy shit, hype through the roof. I love exchanging 3 sweet flowers for 10 primogems and a green talent book.
380 primos. 2 full pulls! Give me!

Henry Danger Fighting GIF by Nickelodeon

I wonder what will happen when we will finally get to his region. Will we... will we be forced to come back to Liyue and collect more of it unique one of a kind extra special and glorious materials?

Pejo

380 primos. 2 full pulls! Give me!

Henry Danger Fighting GIF by Nickelodeon

I wonder what will happen when we will finally get to his region. Will we... will we be forced to come back to Liyue and collect more of it unique one of a kind extra special and glorious materials?
Of course not. We'll be forced to come back to Liyue and make him golden shrimp balls then deliver it by walking to him without touching water or dashing.

*edit*

Rarely does a fan-made video make me laugh, especially from the Genshin reddit audience, but this was pretty good.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Hey YukiOnna YukiOnna
Unfortunately, I did not get in feelsbadman. And yeah, I forgot to mention it but I did start Honkai, I think I missed all the anniversary(?) content you were talking about when I started though. I've made it up to Chapter 3, but I'm not sure what exactly I should be doing daily outside of continuing the story or when I should tackle the open world. Pls help.

Pejo

Unfortunately, I did not get in feelsbadman. And yeah, I forgot to mention it but I did start Honkai, I think I missed all the anniversary(?) content you were talking about when I started though. I've made it up to Chapter 3, but I'm not sure what exactly I should be doing daily outside of continuing the story or when I should tackle the open world. Pls help.
What's your UID on there? I'll add you and give you some pointers. You can also share your characters/weapons and stuff through the in-game chat, so it'll make it easier to help with teambuilding.

YukiOnna

What's your UID on there? I'll add you and give you some pointers. You can also share your characters/weapons and stuff through the in-game chat, so it'll make it easier to help with teambuilding.
Oh sure I'll send you it when I log in if that's all right.

Reizo Ryuu

I've made it up to Chapter 3, but I'm not sure what exactly I should be doing daily outside of continuing the story or when I should tackle the open world. Pls help.
Just keep doing the story, you can do the material events as well as high as you can, since you can "auto complete" them every day afterwards.
If you have any excess stamina, use it in the dorm expeditions.
You want to start the schickshal HQ open world when you are lvl15+, this will ensure that you can do all of the story bits without getting locked out from level requirements.
The sakura open world is best tackled at around lvl50.
I'm not sure if APHO has an minimum entry level, but as soon as you can enter it, you should just play it, since it's technically a different game from honkai, with it's own levels and characters and such.

For the farmable valkyries, you probably want to get Yamabuki armour first, then Gloria and night squire.
There are also a couple you can upgrade, basically revamps for some olders ones; Void drifter, danzai spectramancer and twilight paladin are good options. Yamabuki armour turns into Drive kometa, but I'd upgrade at least 1 of the other ones before her.

Pejo

Here's the rest of the Hu Tao banner.

43wnqhu2n5w71.png

Not bad from a support perspective honestly.

*edit*

Your weapon banner:

1jigvnsxm5w71.png

Homa with one of the most niche bows. Good luck to any brave soul doing this. At least last time it was with Wolf's Gravestone.

Last edited:

Pejo

Wow, here's one nobody saw coming. Apparently meta slaves Theory Crafters® have discovered that a freeze team of Ayaka, Kokomi, Rosaria, and Kazuha is THE new meta team, with the higest damage ceiling out of any current meta comp. Even over "morgana", "national", Ganyu comps, etc. Personally I don't care about this, but it is interesting that often shat on characters like Rosaria and Kokomi are now ultra meta.

Here's the nerd post for anybody that wants to read about it:

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Why not put Ayaka in the title since she's the main DPS ? Bc Ayaka is known to be good, people have problems with Kokomi. This post is to help Kokomi owners not ayaka owners, I want to attract Kokomi owner's attention.

Kokomi is good. All you need is another 2 limited 5☆ with 1 additional extra good 5☆ weapon. I see.

The More You Know Kitty GIF

Pejo

Kokomi is good. All you need is another 2 limited 5☆ with 1 additional extra good 5☆ weapon. I see.

The More You Know Kitty GIF
Well this is discussing meta comps, not F2P comps. Still, all things considered, one of the characters are using a craftable weapon, one of them is using a 3*, and one is a spear that people have likely gotten in bad rolls 20 times by now.
And most importantly, this comp is one of the only "meta" comps that can tell Benny to go fuck off.

BlackM1st

Banned
Well this is discussing meta comps
Wouldn't called it a META comp. It's just a strong(est?) comp which asks A LOT from the playerbase.

Basically, a chill pill for Kokomi waifu pullers which gives them a talking point besides "I'd hit dat ass" lol

Kaz is a meta support hero, Ayaka is THE META DD hero, but everything else in this "meta comp" is a joke.

Pejo

Wouldn't called it a META comp. It's just a strong(est?) comp which asks A LOT from the playerbase.

Basically, a chill pill for Kokomi waifu pullers which gives them a talking point besides "I'd hit dat ass" lol

Kaz is a meta support hero, Ayaka is THE META DD hero, but everything else in this "meta comp" is a joke.
Weird argument because it literally is meta because it's strong, that's kinda what makes a team meta. Again, I don't really care about this since I'll never bend the knee to try to keep up with whatever the flavor of the day is, but I thought it was interesting because it's characters outside of Benny/Waterboi/pyro dps stuff that we usually see.

Regarding Rosaria and Kokomi not being vital to the comp, they are what allows for it to work, so they're just as "essential" as Benny is to all of his meta comps. Kokomi can be swapped for Mona, but it actually gets worse results if you do so.

BlackM1st

Banned
Weird argument because it literally is meta because it's strong, that's kinda what makes a team meta.
To me it's just a strong composition as achievable as a comp made out of C6 5☆ heroes. It's just not a viable option for 99% of the playerbase, so I can't call it a META comp.

Pejo

To me it's just a strong composition as achievable as a comp made out of C6 5☆ heroes. It's just not a viable option for 99% of the playerbase, so I can't call it a META comp.
So what is the cutoff for meta in your opinion? 1 5* character? 2 5* characters? 1 5* character and 1 5* weapon? I don't know anyone that plays this game that doesn't have at least 3-4 5*s by now, and there's been more than enough free primos to get that.

I do understand what you're saying btw, I just don't agree that 3 5* characters (at c0) and a single 5* weapon turns it into a whale-only megabuild that you'd have to spend thousands of dollars to achieve. The Mistsplitter is the only thing in there that would have been costly/hard to get since it ran concurrently with Ayaka's banner.

Anyways, been loving that Sara has been getting a lot of art lately. I guess for her small role in the current event? If only fanart helped her get her kit improved.

ws2vx6gbh7w71.jpg

qwx72cxy17w71.jpg

qP6-RxX4wXYblNNjNb_xfXSoN0IKGf4xPyOQPj8fNQo.jpg

Well, it seems to currently be the most effective team comp out there, so in that sense it is meta. But in a game like Genshin is it really worth it to invest serious amounts of resources into niche characters like that? Doesn't availability and versatility matter for meta?

Fake

Well, it seems to currently be the most effective team comp out there, so in that sense it is meta. But in a game like Genshin is it really worth it to invest serious amounts of resources into niche characters like that? Doesn't availability and versatility matter for meta?

Good question. My short answer would be 'fuck meta', but again 'fun' is subjective. Amber is my main even she sucking hard, some people don't have their 'favorite' or their 'main', this will change everytime a strong char appear.

Happens when Childe got release, than Coconut milk. I remember people spending a loads of money in Ayaka banner and me happy just because I get one Sayu.

Pejo

Guess it depends how deep your roster is, but I get your point. I think it's nice for people that enjoy playing less-popular characters like Kokomi and Rosaria, it gives them an option to use them and play at a high level. Then again, with how long it takes to properly build out a character, you're right. They're not as slot efficient and swappable as Benny/Kaz/Sucrose/Waterboi.

Regardless of that though, I always look at meta as a sort of bar that gets set, that you judge other characters and team comps against. Like people that make weird team comps and try new things, they use the "meta" teams and numbers to judge how good/bad it is.

Top Bottom