• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Watch it in game, not on YouTube.
uAC78mU.jpg

:lollipop_confused:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Then i dunno my man, it's messed up for me and the in-game chat and about half of reddit.
Do you have any weird codec packs or haali media splitter and such installed?
The videos that play in the game get taken over by those things; on my old pc I never got subs on any videos because haali media splitter messed with it.

Pejo

Do you have any weird codec packs or haali media splitter and such installed?
The videos that play in the game get taken over by those things; on my old pc I never got subs on any videos because haali media splitter messed with it.
Nothing that I can think of that would change it. You on iOS/PC/Android?

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Nothing that I can think of that would change it. You on iOS/PC/Android?
The screenshot is from the pc client, I've never had issues with subs on my android phone either.
But I distinctly remember having issues on pc before when I had all these other things installed.

Pejo

His ultimate animation is the definition of lazy 😴 WTF LOL

At least the normal combo animation is pretty cool. As somebody that's not really into Meta, even if his damage numbers are ridiculous, I see no reason to pull for him. Noelle is just fine if I ever want a Geo claymore user. 2.3 is as dead for me pulling as 2.2 is.

2.4 could be interesting if we get Yunjin, Yae, Shenhe, or Dendro though. Although, if we do get Dendro, that probably means that Dr. Snakey is probably the first limited 5*, who will also likely be a pass for me.

Fake

Not seeing much appeal on him. Animation and skills are meh to me. His burst is the ultimate lack of opportunity.

YukiOnna

They're going to drag us back to Liyue for another pet somehow before ever touching on the potential of fantasy Japan and give us a Samurai Shikigami pet. Will be in Genshin 10.0 and Tsaritsa will call us back to Liyue.

I'd love to be wrong tho.

Pejo

It's not even that I particularly hate Liyue or am anti-China or anything like that, it's just really boring. Big and boring. If they wanted to make Liyue the "hub" area, they should have waited and made it like the 3rd or 4th area, instead of a launch area. The biomes are all boring except for like Wuwang Hill and Luhua Pools, the only area specific enemies are annoying (geovishaps, the little ones are way worse than the bigger ones), even the city of Liyue proper is a boring layout with no real areas of interest since the Jade Chamber got destroyed. Then you have the fact that 90% of the events are related to food and food delivery in some way, and it gets even worse.

If they want to keep using it as the main area, they should just have some Celestia threat come and completely bombard and reshape it, so that they can give the whole thing a redesigned coat of paint.

BlackM1st

Banned
If they want to keep using it as the main area, they should just have some Celestia threat come and completely bombard and reshape it, so that they can give the whole thing a redesigned coat of paint.

I can see it going well with Chinese censors: "Let's drop a nuke on China" lmao But it can be fun, sure.

Big and boring.
Word

The biomes are all boring except for like Wuwang Hill and Luhua Pools, the only area specific enemies are annoying (geovishaps, the little ones are way worse than the bigger ones), even the city of Liyue proper is a boring layout with no real areas of interest since the Jade Chamber got destroyed.
💯 this

I wish for more Inazuma exploration. At least it's diverse enough and has way more interesting lore.

China's lore is so damn flat in GI. Basically a story of Geo Lord and his friends. Not much else. He's the central pillar of the whole 2nd region lore. He's all knowing and all powerful and everybody else is just a bunch of jobbers running around like a headless chickens trying to make Geo daddy notice them.

geovishaps, the little ones
Hate em so much.

Then you have the fact that 90% of the events are related to food and food delivery in some way, and it gets even worse.
True. Imaginary food is like the least interesting aspect of any game. At least until the smell-o-vision is invented. Sure, having a nice art for food items is nice n all, but bruh, how many food related quests we really need?

I think Dragon's Crown had the perfect balance when food was beautiful but cooking was used only as a side activity:

dragons-crown-vanillaware.gif

dragons-crown-food.gif

Fake

It's not even that I particularly hate Liyue or am anti-China or anything like that, it's just really boring. Big and boring. If they wanted to make Liyue the "hub" area, they should have waited and made it like the 3rd or 4th area, instead of a launch area. The biomes are all boring except for like Wuwang Hill and Luhua Pools, the only area specific enemies are annoying (geovishaps, the little ones are way worse than the bigger ones), even the city of Liyue proper is a boring layout with no real areas of interest since the Jade Chamber got destroyed. Then you have the fact that 90% of the events are related to food and food delivery in some way, and it gets even worse.

Agree. Liyue is amazing, but unecessary big and loads of miss oportunities in the city that don't make justice for the city being so big.

Moonstad still the best overall. Gates, walls, towers, mill, anemo statue.

YukiOnna

Liyue's world design just feels like current open world games. Where size mattered more than level design.

It would also be nice if the dialogue isn't always coming back to say how fascinating Liyue is or Liyue cuisine is. I'm not saying to dog it, no interest in that, but can you just have NPC's talk about something relevant to their own homeland than boasting about the possibility of Liyue being better? The Fontaine guy at least droned on about relevant information than try to advertise it to me.

Shocked Childe hasn't applied for Liyue citizenship at this point.

Pejo

No new skins is just criminal.
They're just letting all of the opportunities pass right along. No Inazuma themed costumes for Mondstadt/Liyue characters. No Halloween costumes. No chef's outfit for moonchase event. No cat costume for Seirai Island stuff. What in the world is the monetization team even doing? Kunoichi costumes for the girls would be near-instabuy status, doesn't even really matter who gets them. How hard can it be with a total of like 5 character models to make a bunch of costumes?

BlackM1st

Banned
New collab!

Now with some kind of a clock ⏰ / smart speaker company???

I don't know what she says, but roughly speaking it must be something about being a real man and buying her merchandise.

U4RcnlM.jpg

I can't...

YukiOnna

New collab!

Now with some kind of a clock ⏰ / smart speaker company???

I don't know what she says, but roughly speaking it must be something about being a real man and buying her merchandise.

U4RcnlM.jpg

I can't...

I think it's a continuation of the RL Merchandise collab with T-Mall? Since Keq is the face of the game for that thing.

Pejo

Well RIP in piss, Honkai patch 5.2 is censoring the girls to be more in line with CCP guidelines. At first it was hopefully only the CN server, but it looks like they're doing them all now. Safety shorts all around.

Fucking piece of shit music minigame is finally over. \o/

Never again, mihoyo. Never. Again.
We'll get another one when Sumeru is in the game. Some dude will travel to the Holy land a.k.a. Liyue and find a magical kazoo that Rex Lapis himself once farted into to create the clouds and the birds with which you can play all your favorite Liyue songs.

Last edited:

Pejo

Fucking piece of shit music minigame is finally over. \o/

Never again, mihoyo. Never. Again.
Next time there will be 3 people playing and you'll have to use your feet on a pedal controller to hit the 3rd set of notes.

MHY training us to be 1 man bands.

*edit*

Better look at Itto's burst with actual effects:

Genshin Wallpaper event from their twitter:

Last edited:

Pejo

Color me impressed, we're actually getting that 4* Albedo sword for free from an event in Dragonspine next patch. It's easily his best-in-slot weapon, and a great alternative if you didn't get the Festering Desire sword from the first event.

lyniqny26tu71.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
Color me impressed, we're actually getting that 4* Albedo sword for free from an event in Dragonspine next patch. It's easily his best-in-slot weapon, and a great alternative if you didn't get the Festering Desire sword from the first event.

lyniqny26tu71.jpg
So... Albedo got 2 good 4☆ swords already. It's almost like MiHo is trying to make people pull for him...

Emotion Reaction GIF

...nice try, but I ain't biting

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

So... Albedo got 2 good 4☆ swords already. It's almost like MiHo is trying to make people pull for him...

Emotion Reaction GIF

...nice try, but I ain't biting

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC
The one that confuses me is the Fischl bow. Like nobody but "Fischl mains" use her as a carry phys/Electro DPS instead of an off-field Oz turret, but that's the only purpose of that weapon, and they tossed it behind gacha.

Meanwhile, the Klee book, Albedo swords, the Catch, the fish sword, etc were all free and a much better weapon.

Just seems silly, like it was built to be an event reward for the Reconciling Stars event and just got lost in the shuffle until a guy found it later and finished it.

*edit*

Wow they added some actual useful functionality on the HoYoLab app. Now you can view your primogem income, where it came from etc. You can see your current resin amounts, dispatch mission status, all sorts of stuff. Kinda neat.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Just seems silly, like it was built to be an event reward for the Reconciling Stars event and just got lost in the shuffle until a guy found it later and finished it.
Pretty sound theory tbh.

The one that confuses me is the Fischl bow.
You mean the Rust? Or the Stringless? I have Stringless at R7 and the Rust is at R2.

Girl in general deserves better. She's a total dork, but at least she has an interesting character and the best summon in game.

Overall after 1 year weapons become way more important to me.

Just because how hard it become to get something universally good.

New 4 and 5 star weapons are mostly tailor made for 1 hero or 1 gameplay style so it leads to a lot of wasted resources on getting them.

Plus some weapons are so bad ( doughnut 🍩) that they prevent me from pulling on actually decent banners out of fear of wasting 180 wishes (which I doesn't have lol) on something I would never use.

Pejo

Pretty sound theory tbh.

You mean the Rust? Or the Stringless? I have Stringless at R7 and the Rust is at R2.

Girl in general deserves better. She's a total dork, but at least she has an interesting character and the best summon in game.

Overall after 1 year weapons become way more important to me.

Just because how hard it become to get something universally good.

New 4 and 5 star weapons are mostly tailor made for 1 hero or 1 gameplay style so it leads to a lot of wasted resources on getting them.

Plus some weapons are so bad ( doughnut 🍩) that they prevent me from pulling on actually decent banners out of fear of wasting 180 wishes (which I doesn't have lol) on something I would never use.
I mean this one:

Mitternachts Waltz. It came out with absolutely no fanfare on a single weapon banner (before the pity system) and hasn't appeared since.

Totally agree with weapons. I will say that Genshin is a lot more generous with F2P options and 4* weapons being viable and even sometimes BiS. Honkai is terrible with that. They have a huge number of 4*-tier free/craftable weapons, but they're so ridiculously far behind in functionality that it's a given you must pull the weapon banner if you plan on actually using a character. Even for farmable/low rarity characters, they usually want a specific 5*-tier weapon each.

Fuz

Banned
Yeah, that sword is shit if you don't pull for Crapedo.

Btw, the new dungeon is quite cool, but can anyone explain why the fuck they lied to Xinyan about Childe?

Pejo

Yeah, that sword is shit if you don't pull for Crapedo.

Btw, the new dungeon is quite cool, but can anyone explain why the fuck they lied to Xinyan about Childe?
Otherwise they'd have to explain that he was a big part of the revival of Osial and was planning on stealing Zhongli's (who is alive btw) Gnosis. Probably easier to just lie.

I also like the new event, would love to see this permanently added and randomized for a few runs a week. They're baby stepping towards having proper raids.

Top Bottom