• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Looks like people are review bombing the game on the various stores because of the lack of anniversary rewards. I wonder when the platform holders will step in and delete them.
They're even review bombing other MHY games like Honkai and GGZ.

You know, I get that these people are whiny and unhinged, but MHY could have solved this so easily just by doing SOMETHING bigger for the anniversary. They literally had a month of feedback that a 7 day login event was not enough from all of the major communities across all languages, and they chose to not only ignore it, but to not say a word to fans at all about it and sit in radio silence with everything going just as planned. Games that don't even break the top 100 do better anniversaries without any pressure to do so.

I certainly don't wish anything bad on any of the employees, and really enjoy the game - whether it's playing it or bitching about it, but this was collectively a huge "fuck you players" by the company. I get that there's a certain point where any goodwill gesture they would make would be met with "NO THAT'S NOT ENOUGH, GET DOWN ON YOUR KNEES AND GIVE ME C6 DILUC", but it shouldn't stop them from doing anything about the matter at all. If nothing else, they could toss in some double leylines, double domains, etc etc.

YukiOnna

Yeah, I don't like it and think review bombing is embarrassing, but it only got riled up because they have done absolutely nothing about it. It is crazy to me that maintenence gives you more rewards than the regular game sometimes.

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah, I don't like it and think review bombing is embarrassing, but it only got riled up because they have done absolutely nothing about it. It is crazy to me that maintenence gives you more rewards than the regular game sometimes.

When you think about they either really close their eyes for the backlash or really don't have a clue, probably the first. Fans on the otherside tries to call for her attention in different ways since the main ones are ignored.
Pejo Pejo is pretty much right on this one, they didnt even need to answer the backlash. They could avoid this by simply doing something special to the fans so they could feel like they're something. They didnt see it coming because they covered their ears and ass with Raidens money. And now some are all making drama about poor actors and poor Mhy, why don't they do an auto-critic first and reflect on why fans are acting that way?

Last edited:

YukiOnna

When you think about they either really close their eyes for the backlash or really don't have a clue, probably the first. Fans on the otherside tries to call for her attention in different ways since the main ones are ignored.
Pejo Pejo is pretty much right on this one, they didnt even need to answer the backlash. They could avoid this by simply doing something special to the fans so they could feel like they're something. They didnt see it coming because they covered their ears and ass with Raidens money. And now some are all making drama about poor actors and poor Mhy, why don't they do an auto-critic first and reflect on why fans are acting that way?
They definitely have to know. Their JP and EN branches are flooded with negative remarks and the HoyoLab comments are always about the Anniversary rewards. Not to mention, the deletion of threads across the various official boards that mention the word. Management clearly doesn't plan on changing their decision or content cycle so they are stuck with the game & team getting abused from left and right till it all dies down. Poor move since this is going to affect the longevity of the game for people sticking around or were planning to join when there's nothing.

BlackM1st

Banned
No, this is shit. Anything that translates to "more farm" is crap.
X2 rewards plus ALL DOMAIN REWARDS open for a week, not only through Sunday. I'd take that.

What else...Hm, weekly bosses costs to be halved?

Some free weapon prototypes?

Maybe a chest spawned in the Venti's monument's arms full of treasures: 1 Big Gem of each type plus a free Weapon prototype of each type if they want to be really generous.

I mean it's not a rocket science, really. If you want to make your playerbase happy just give em rare stuff/make it easier to obtain.

Also, I think that your dreams of free 5☆ isn't gonna become a reality until maybe 2nd anniversary.

By that time it would be as valuable as 3 fowls.

I think that the opportunity to get the real hype train going is lost forever for them.

Not because free shit isn't always needed or desirable in gacha games, it's just a nature of a beast, the more you play, the less you are interested in the basic stuff no matter how good it is.

For example people already not very excited for arguably a pretty decent Diluc. He's yesterday's news by now. Imagine FREE DILUC or FREE KEQING as Year 2 rewards. Who would really give a fuck?

Free constellations of your choice is a pipe dream at this point lol come back in 5 years maybe?
I got Ganyu and was not surprised. Her fat ass has continued to carry me in everything.
Same.

Cocogoat reigns supreme 👑

ganyu-genshin.gif

Pejo

So Fuz Fuz , a bit of good news. I found out that the cat island questline isn't dependent on dailies, but it IS one of those chain quests like Tatarasuna where you have to come back every day and get another quest. If my estimates are correct, I should have my purple glider tomorrow or Thurs.

*edit*

Woo boy, that ain't gonna go over well given the timing and the state of the community.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Fuz
Where's OP? Or a MOD. Send halp.

BTW being the biggest OT on a forum says something about game's quality and support even if 50% of it is our complaints lmao

I messaged a mod to find out. If LegendOfKage LegendOfKage isn't interested in making OT2, I'll just copy his OP and maybe update it a bit.

Let me know what the mod says. If there is a post limit, then I'm fine with you copying the first two posts for a new OP, Pejo.

I'm aware that I haven't been around this thread for months now. I wanted to play other games without feeling the need to play for 15 minutes each and every day for primogems, or play for sometimes much longer when there was an event, so I walked away.

With normal games, I'd be happy to return now and then, but with Genshin I'll just feel that I missed out on too much. That's the price you pay for having important lore, story missions, and rewards tied to timed events. They held onto me for a very long time, but they'll probably never get me back. And if anything, the censorship made it even easier to walk away.

It looks like the anniversary of this thread was yesterday. I never made a thread that was even a 10th as successful before this, and I know that wouldn't be the case if it wasn't for all of you. Thanks to all the thread regulars for making this such an awesome place to be for over a year now.

Last edited:

Pejo

Let me know what the mod says. If there is a post limit, then I'm fine with you copying the first two posts for a new OP, Pejo.

I'm aware that I haven't been around this thread for months now. I wanted to play other games without feeling the need to play for 15 minutes each and every day for primogems, or play for sometimes much longer when there was an event, so I walked away.

With normal games, I'd be happy to return now and then, but with Genshin I'll just feel that I missed out on too much. That's the price you pay for having important lore, story missions, and rewards tied to timed events. They held onto me for a very long time, but they'll probably never get me back. And if anything, the censorship made it even easier to walk away.

It looks like the anniversary of this thread was two days ago. I never made a thread that was even a 10th as successful before this, and I know that wouldn't be the case if it wasn't for all of you. Thanks to all the thread regulars for making this such an awesome place to be for over a year now.
The mod had to ask an admin, but Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu believes that there are no max thread sizes anymore, and I trust him. I think we're good to just keep posting until we crash the GAF servers.

It's good you came back to the thread when you did, this has been a funny ride. All sorts of blowups happening on FB/Reddit/Hoyolab. It's a better fireworks show than I could have expected for a proper game anniversary.

Stuff like this is just icing on the cake.

BlackM1st

Banned
The mod had to ask an admin, but Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu believes that there are no max thread sizes anymore, and I trust him. I think we're good to just keep posting until we crash the GAF servers.

It's good you came back to the thread when you did, this has been a funny ride. All sorts of blowups happening on FB/Reddit/Hoyolab. It's a better fireworks show than I could have expected for a proper game anniversary.

Stuff like this is just icing on the cake.

It's the gift that keeps on giving OMG lmao

Please Disperse Naked Gun GIF

• LOL
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

Boy this is going to be a shitshow. Not gonna miss it for the world.

te0tev6ri8q71.jpg

2.2 Preview during TGS. They better lock down comments and chat or they're going to regret it.

Saber

Gold Member

Feel exactly the same. Used to play it for fun and the joy of building and exploring. Now I feel like I was crawling myself to the game just because of measly primos on dailies. They need to make me feel like the old times.

YukiOnna

Boy this is going to be a shitshow. Not gonna miss it for the world.

te0tev6ri8q71.jpg

2.2 Preview during TGS. They better lock down comments and chat or they're going to regret it.
I completely forgot 2.2 Preview is at TGS. Live Chat better be disabled or those poor seiyuu are going to get the brunt of it if any are attending.

Wow, the situation's just getting worse by the minute. When I posted about the review bombing the game was at 3.8 or something. Now we're at 1.5 and sinking. Insane.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I feel kinda bad for MHY. I'm still convinced they have something planned, be it at the end of this event or in the next patch or something. I might just be hooked up on copium, but the anniversary wasn't even properly mentioned in the game itself. I can't believe they wouldn't take this opportunity to do something, anything. But even if I'm right and something is coming soon, the lack of communication was always going to lead to this. They might want to surprise the players, but it's just not working.

If they truly don't have anything planned for the anniversary... Well, I'm not participating in this campaign myself, but I'm not opposed to it either. In any case I'm interested to see what they'll do to clean up this mess.

Saber

Gold Member
Wow, the situation's just getting worse by the minute. When I posted about the review bombing the game was at 3.8 or something. Now we're at 1.5 and sinking. Insane.

It's probably an unpopular opinion, but I feel kinda bad for MHY. I'm still convinced they have something planned, be it at the end of this event or in the next patch or something. I might just be hooked up on copium, but the anniversary wasn't even properly mentioned in the game itself. I can't believe they wouldn't take this opportunity to do something, anything. But even if I'm right and something is coming soon, the lack of communication was always going to lead to this. They might want to surprise the players, but it's just not working.

If they truly don't have anything planned for the anniversary... Well, I'm not participating in this campaign myself, but I'm not opposed to it either. In any case I'm interested to see what they'll do to clean up this mess.

Well if anything, that gif of a youtuber receiving absurd amounts of primos as a present and be ordered to not mention to anyone about it clearly shows that they are full aware of this but opted for doing nothing.

And another thing. I never feel bad for a company. I can feel bad for a person(not a shill though), for puppy or animal...but never for a company. A company main objective is to get rich and making the game free is one of their strategies to archieve that goal. They're not doing charity, it's all part of plan.

Pejo

I get what you're saying, but they had AMPLE time to communicate that there might be a "special surprise" or "future anniversary announcements" since the questionable anniversary murmurs started in the community. They didn't do a damn thing, so I can't feel even a little bit bad about where we are in the saga. I'd also suggest you just ween yourself off of that hopium.

They likely have a real money value on everything in the game, and have precisely calculated how much it would cost them to give out various bonuses and rewards, and it must have made financial sense for them to ignore the playerbase, deal with the people getting mad, announce a killer rerun banner or some big event and then the community just shuts up and continues playing. There are countless examples of "outrage" only lasting a few days or a week until everyone forgets and back to normal. Remember this golden oldie?

wwx5exndw6b11.png

Imagine if they announce 5* Signora as the 1st 2.2 banner. Bam, like 40% of the playerbase would buckle immediately.

I think they deserve every review bomb and feedback and comment they get. As long as people aren't threatening them or being asshats in general, I think anything else is fair game. The devs/musicians/artists for Genshin are phenomenal, but the business management team sucks a fat donkey turd.

Pejo

Yeah, apparently they paid millions for them. One more reason to be pissed at how miserable they've been on the anni rewards.
To be honest, I don't think anything that I'll see will make me as personally mad as the clickbait streamers getting 15k free primogems and then MHY tells them to keep it a secret. If I hated clickbait youtubers before all of this, I really have a dislike of them now. It's like a double slap to the face.

YukiOnna

Man, I miss developer discussions or some form of communication... questions may have been pointless but sometimes had some decent information for the future. Would have never kept Moonchase Festival in the back of my mind if I didn't know it would have Keq in the story, or stuff about the Teapot. I thought for Inazuma they'd have tons to talk about.

BlackM1st

Banned
Man, I miss developer discussions or some form of communication... questions may have been pointless but sometimes had some decent information for the future. Would have never kept Moonchase Festival in the back of my mind if I didn't know it would have Keq in the story, or stuff about the Teapot. I thought for Inazuma they'd have tons to talk about.
Basically a R☆ approach. 0 communication and maximum control of the message.

Yeah, apparently they paid millions for them. One more reason to be pissed at how miserable they've been on the anni rewards.
F8YpJ2t.png

If I hated clickbait youtubers before all of this, I really have a dislike of them now. It's like a double slap to the face.
Imagine if GI next collab is gonna be something like:

"Paid YouTube streamers feat. ENG VA"

clockwork orange no GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
Rosaria's Revenge in full effect. This is what you get for nerfing the booba.
austin powers breast GIF

No anniversary rewards but they have been footing the bill for streamers this whole time.
Yeah man, totally. And such an enormous amount. 15k. Crazy.

In the same time actual players got 40 primos for their 1 year journey and were made to beg others to click on their link to get a couple of extra "gifts" haha

I mean... I kinda respect this no nonsense blatant greed lmao

Michael Douglas High Quality GIF

zokie

Will be watching the japanese stream as the timezone is for easy for me to understand , hope there will be happy surprises

Last edited:
Top Bottom