• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Lupingosei

Banned
I don't get it. If they did not wanted to give away a 5star because it was hurting their buisness, just make double weeks arround the birthday.

First week you get double rewards for first 3 runs each on artifacts, leylines and upgrade materials. Second week people would have gotten double resin.

None of this would have hurt their baseline, because people want new characters anway and they will have to farm new mats at that point. They would have spent more time in the game and also would have upgraded their existing characters.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
They make 90% of their profit of their characters anyway, so it would be the cheapest solution while the community still would be happy.
Yeah, but how your time spent in game and being busy upgrading your characters is of any interest to MiHoYo?

They care only if you're pulling or not, what you're doing in-between the pulls is not their concern. You can stay at WL 3 and keep pulling for all they care.

I know, sounds crazy, but looks like MiHo doesn't really care about such stuff. At least their financial department.

I think that all they are concerned with is how much whales they can catch and how they can make F2P to login daily without spending any resources on them. But login doesn't mean playing for long. There's nothing in it for MiHo.

Fake

So I was just watching the Dragalia Lost anniversary stream. Granted it's apples and oranges, and Cygames has a history of great anniversaries, but they blew Genshin out of the water with the very first announcement.

Daily free 10 pulls on rotating banners with all of their limited "premium" type characters, for 38 days, followed by a free 100 pulls on the last day, and that's just the free pulls.

They're also doing multiple login bonuses, daily scratcher tickets, triple drops nearly across the board, etc etc.

But no worries guys, we get 10 free pulls spread out over a week. It's pretty much the same.

Glad I taking time off this game.

lulz

Edit: Link to the actual article because those fucking morons on reddit aren't even intelligent enough to post something so obvious https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-can-afford-a-free-anniversary-5-star-reward/

What impress me are the GI reddit mods allowing this to stay, they usually remove any negative discussion over their board.

BTW, BlackM1st BlackM1st whats up with you spamming the 'LOL' button anywhere? Is everything OK?

BlackM1st

Banned
BTW, BlackM1st BlackM1st whats up with you spamming the 'LOL' button anywhere? Is everything OK?

Sure, don't worry. I'm enjoying the ride. I'm here not for bonuses (I accepted that we are getting nothing of value), I'm way more interested in the business side of things and occasional GI development news. So I really have nothing to be upset about.

Pejo

Have they even announced yet when the "anniversary" stream is? The actual anniversary is only a few days away.

BlackM1st

Banned
it's in 4 days
Panicking Stop Motion GIF by ALTER – The Best Horror Films

S00N

BlackM1st

Banned
Oh yeah, can't eait for the anni stream. I can already see it: Free Kokomi for everyone!
Talk about adding insult to injury lmao

Interestingly enough, Kokomi haven't bombed in Japan as much as she bombed in China. Japanese people love their waifus I guess...

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
This is fucking cool

YT link:

Sick technology. IIRC it's from Samsung? Started from a cat in Japan, no?

Just yesterday I saw a Balenciaga x Fortnight ad:

Damn, imagine Balenciaga or Gucci collab with Genshin... Free money, I swear. Considering how many girls and whales are playing it...

All in all, I'm glad that this tech is taking off:

BlackM1st

Banned
I believe in the SAO fad to last long enough to get life like VR and Alice
Anime directly saying about and showing all the dangers of the deep VR. What weebs are doing? Weebs dream about getting into exact same thing lmao. Because everyone think that they are the true Kirito 🗡 / Neo 😎

Looks like the anniversary stream will happen today in about an hour. I've read there's gonna be a second one as well. Don't know when that's happening, but probably closer to the release of 2.2. They've got to have something of significance to announce if they're doing two streams, right?

BlackM1st

Banned
Looks like the anniversary stream will happen today in about an hour. I've read there's gonna be a second one as well. Don't know when that's happening, but probably closer to the release of 2.2. They've got to have something of significance to announce if they're doing two streams, right?
It's a fanart stream, dude. Expect nothing.
Unimpressed The Big Lebowski GIF by Working Title

Saber

Gold Member

Probably the original voice characters screaming while announcing fowls as annyversary rewards.

They already have the defense force and excuse ready(we're just dubs, we don't have free will!).

Last edited:

Pejo

I know better places to go for fanart. Don't need no stream. :messenger_sunglasses:
imkelBJ.png

Exactly.

I'm really curious if they have the balls to do an underwhelming anniversary after the constant bad press and feedback they've gotten since the 2.1 stream. I mean this is the same company that bought like 500 PS5s at launch (when they were almost impossible to find) and gave them out to their employees, before they even made "fuck you" money. Surely they can do a little better than a 10 wish login bonus for the fans.

YukiOnna

Mihoyo anniversary may suck, but Kokomi is eternal

And I honestly can't see them announcing an underwhelming anniversary after the traction this has gotten... maybe I'm just being hopeful, but it just seems like a detriment to having a long-term userbase if they go through with on the first anniversary. It's also supposed to be an event where people return to the game after a long time after all...

BlackM1st

Banned
Mihoyo anniversary may suck, but Kokomi is eternal

And I honestly can't see them announcing an underwhelming anniversary after the traction this has gotten... maybe I'm just being hopeful, but it just seems like a detriment to having a long-term userbase if they go through with on the first anniversary. It's also supposed to be an event where people return to the game after a long time after all...

Kokomi being an Army General is a comedy gold. She can be a General manager at the Victoria Secret store tho.

Reactions: Fuz
Top Bottom