• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Spock Encerio GIF

Pejo

Whew the comments in that thread are not happy, hahaha. Good on them for not bootlicking though. I'm still in a "wait and see" mode before I shit on the anni, but boy nothing they've shown us so far is worth celebrating for damn sure.

Hey Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu ,
You see Adult Bronya and APHO2 stuff? Fucking hyped. I loved that mode and the implications.
yzkj9ft9eno71.png

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Hey Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu ,
You see Adult Bronya and APHO2 stuff? Fucking hyped. I loved that mode and the implications.
yzkj9ft9eno71.png

Oh that's hot, APHO was/is my favourite because of the insanely better/more engaging combat it offers, so more content for it is definitely big.
Bronya looks good, but it's kinda odd, she's already nearly 18 now, so she just has an insane super growth spurt out of nowhere lol?

Pejo

Rank 9 Inazuma fame, probably 2 weeks until I get the sweet purple glider.

Have they said anything else about when we're getting the KFC glider? Red themed characters don't really match with any of the current gliders.

BlackM1st

Banned
Have they said anything else about when we're getting the KFC glider?
Nope. We got KFC receipts ages ago and since then complete radio silence. I'm kinda surprised, I was sure that releasing wings would be easier than releasing receipts.
I hope the piece of shit who designed Azhdaha gets giant obliterating hemorroids.
Geo Lord x Cocogoat :Laughs:

Fake

I hope the piece of shit who designed Azhdaha gets giant obliterating hemorroids.

New abyss is Kokomi check. Azhdaha is Zhongli check. For meta freaks.

After I put Sayu burst to lvl 10 I never fight with this guy again.

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks like the CN players aren't too happy about the recent announcements either.

I feel that the one dude personally summed up my feelings about the matter:

"What have these activities got to do with ordinary gamers? I'm just a gamer, I do not know how to draw, make videos nor cosplay."

Fake

Looks like the CN players aren't too happy about the recent announcements either.

More dumb are random people saying to 'stop whining'. Is that particular case of 'If I don't care you shouldn't too'.

People are right to be mad, is a very low way of making an aniversary event. I expect better, but we still have people who are pigeons to the corns.

IDK, make a giveaway for Genshin Impact shirt, cup, dolls, make OST free to the users, create an item that transform a 3 star weapon of your choise into a 4 star weapon. I remember playing a Ragnarok Online custom server, in their aniversary they drop a custom cake item for those who participate of the event, healing and get buffs. I can't believe such a crap game like Ragnarok Online is having a better aniversary event than a multi million Genshin Impact.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

Can't wait to get nothing of value from MiHoYo again.

I also think that community kinda fixated on GI anniversary rewards too much.

I get that it because it's actually happening right now, but what I'm saying is that expecting/demanding some bonuses from such a successful game only once per year looks kinda hilarious. MiHo skipped/ignored all the usual BONUS opportunities most gacha games are happy to use to promote the game.

No bonuses for social media milestones, no player numbers milestones, no GAME related contests like "do 1 billion DMG". IIRC we had only 1 pretty disastrous such attempt during Chinese New Year

EukG38OVoAEROxW

We all remember how it's all ended lmao

trainwreck GIF

And speaking about new year celebration, MiHoYo refuses to celebrate or acknowledge real world holidays/doesn't provide any bonuses during them too.

So yeah, I get that community is mad rn, but MiHoYo was extremely cheap for the whole year and never used any opportunities to give out anything that would threaten their bottom line.

I bet that they rather gift everyone a 5 dollar toy than provide a 5 dollar worth of primogems.

Pejo

More dumb are random people saying to 'stop whining'. Is that particular case of 'If I don't care you shouldn't too'.

People are right to be mad, is a very low way of making an aniversary event. I expect better, but we still have people who are pigeons to the corns.

IDK, make a giveaway for Genshin Impact shirt, cup, dolls, make OST free to the users, create an item that transform a 3 star weapon of your choise into a 4 star weapon. I remember playing a Ragnarok Online custom server, in their aniversary they drop a custom cake item for those who participate of the event, healing and get buffs. I can't believe such a crap game like Ragnarok Online is having a better aniversary event than a multi million Genshin Impact.
I think you hit on a good point. Anniversary doesn't necessarily mean showering the users with primogems and wishes. Sure that stuff is nice and what players want at the bottom line, but in-game special events and things to make the game feel festive go a long way to let the playerbase know that the devs are really trying. What about something like making any world enemy drop xp books (even just blue ones) at like a 5% rate or something. Double leylines for a week with no daily restrictions, even just cosmetics like hats or bringing back the windtrace stuff for fun. The problem with the anniversary so far is that it's literally just a login bonus on top of usual patch paced content. You have to do something on top of the usual patch pre-determined events.

Saber

Gold Member

Imagine me playing ultra max shield Noelle and still not enought to deal with the constant tantrun large aoe geo damage plus elemental, projectiles and elemtal dps dmg.

Also, tried for fun to see if my healing team manage abysm. I barelly beat it but it wasn't enought to move to next floor, the damage is way too great for them to sustain. Note that every monster counts to activate the debuff, including the ones summoned by mages.

Last edited:

Fake

I think you hit on a good point. Anniversary doesn't necessarily mean showering the users with primogems and wishes. Sure that stuff is nice and what players want at the bottom line, but in-game special events and things to make the game feel festive go a long way to let the playerbase know that the devs are really trying. What about something like making any world enemy drop xp books (even just blue ones) at like a 5% rate or something. Double leylines for a week with no daily restrictions, even just cosmetics like hats or bringing back the windtrace stuff for fun. The problem with the anniversary so far is that it's literally just a login bonus on top of usual patch paced content. You have to do something on top of the usual patch pre-determined events.

Indeed. Like I said, this 'aniversary' sounds more like a 'predatory gift' than a reward. Make an multiplayer event just for fun, give people custom foods for the event, make a raffle for souvenirs. I don't want to be reminded about the 'whale' stuff.

People are growing tired of wake every day, make the 3 commission, spend all the resin and logoff, how can they make an aniversary event based with all those tireless crap?

edit: Good point from a reddit user:
I had some friends who had a music band. Some bars would contact them like: "You can play in my bar or at this party, I will not pay you but it will give you exposure."
the mHY trick right here, luring artists into free advertising for some gacha rewards, I understand is nice to involve the community, but you can also see the dark side on these "community events".

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Imagine me playing ultra max shield Noelle and still not enought to deal with the constant tantrun large aoe geo damage plus elemental, projectiles and elemtal dps dmg.
Add Diona if you have her. Should do the trick. Or 1 Geo Lord. Otherwise it's pain. Same goes to the Abyss. Need 1 really good healer and some really good DPS to kill the targets asap. Otherwise you'll bleed to death. I managed tho. With 1 star, but I did cleared it.

Now I'm busy leveling Diona/Sayu Jean/QiQi. Finally have some decent healers.

Saber

Gold Member
Add Diona if you have her. Should do the trick. Or 1 Geo Lord. Otherwise it's pain. Same goes to the Abyss. Need 1 really good healer and some really good DPS to kill the targets asap. Otherwise you'll bleed to death. I managed tho. With 1 star, but I did cleared it.

Now I'm busy leveling Diona/Sayu Jean/QiQi. Finally have some decent healers.

1 - Already did that. Didn't work.
2 - Geo Lord eh? It sounds almost like he isn't Zonghli check.
3 - Read my full comment. Noelle + Diona + Barbara. Isn't enought.
4 - I manage to clear it it(it is on my post), but only got a total of 3 stars. Totally not a Kokomi check. I laugh everytime someone says this is the "endgame place".

Last edited:

Pejo

4 - I manage to clear it it(it is on my post), but only got a total of 3 stars. Totally not a Kokomi check. I laugh everytime someone says this is the "endgame place".
When you get the message that he's "absorbing *element*, just run far away The range is big, especially for the last stomp, but not unlimited. He's invulnerable during that phase anyways, so you don't want to stay up and attack during that part. I also see a lot of people die during the tail phase. You technically can do damage at that time, but if you don't have a good ranged option or Zhongli, it's better to just dodge the patterns on the floor until he comes back up. It takes longer but if you're having issues, it's helpful.

I find Signora a tougher fight mostly because she turns into that tornado towards the end that you can't hit, and spews shit all over the floor on top of the heat mechanic that loses health. Also retards keep killing the little totems that help you get rid of the heat/cold buildup since they think if you can attack it = you should attack it.

Saber

Gold Member
When you get the message that he's "absorbing *element*, just run far away The range is big, especially for the last stomp, but not unlimited. He's invulnerable during that phase anyways, so you don't want to stay up and attack during that part. I also see a lot of people die during the tail phase. You technically can do damage at that time, but if you don't have a good ranged option or Zhongli, it's better to just dodge the patterns on the floor until he comes back up. It takes longer but if you're having issues, it's helpful.

I know all about this dude, I know how to deal with him dude no offense. I beat him every week.
I use my main team and spam the heck of elemental reactions on him. I just laught everytime I read that shield counters him when it should be "Zhongli counters him". I don't know if you remember but I already told here that I watched a video of a main meta Noelle user with max talents and shield focused artifacts and still wasn't enought to sustain his damage. When he decides to do a tantrun over and over outside of his elemental infusion event I just laught my self out. Theres not much of pattern here.
Strange enought, he very rarelly use his tail attack on me. The only time I really died on him when I first fight against him. Nowadays it's almost impossible to beat breastplace + passive in conjuction with Kaeya emergency shield.

BlackM1st

Banned
1. Really? Hm... Your heroes/arts need more work then. Diona on top of Noelle should provide enough shields and healing to your DPS and let them focus on doing damage.

If you can clear him, why bother complaining about his shield demanding fight? All bosses can't be viable to be effortlessly killed with all team comps. (Pull Cocogoat lol). Shields were unnecessary before him. Now they a necessity. Big deal.

2. LOL. Haven't argued that it isn't a weekly boss designed with 1 hero in head. He even has a special voice line if you have Geo Lord in your party. Just compared a team comp of 1 Geo Lord to the team with 2 shielders.

3. Naturally. 3 healers is way too much. You're stealing your DPS from yourself. You need more DMG to end the fight asap.

Man, unfortunately I forgot who I had in my cryo team of Ayaka / Cocogoat.

( Probably C6 Noelle with R2 BP claymore together with absolutely naked QiQi. )

I struggled the most with the samurais thanks to no reactions whatsoever. Still, Noelle and QiQi managed despite no energy regeneration lol. I think I picked energy regen blessings tho.

I think QiQi ult was a very useful emergency button. Her skill was useless obviously because she couldn't stay on field even for 1 sec or she would immediately die lol

So effectively I had 3 DMG dealers in just 1 team. All ridiculously strong. My C6 Noelle hits like a truck with her ult.

4. Maybe designed for Kokomi, but thankfully we have another great 5☆ healers in game. Unlike Geo Lord's shield. His shield is way more unique and stronger than other shields in game.

I laugh everytime someone says this is the "endgame place".
Nah. It come and goes. Nobody should be worried about the Abyss because it's constantly changes. Its rules are stupid and rewards are almost non-existent.

You should compare Geo Lord's pet to Signora. She stays and she was obviously designed to promote healers in general.

I know it comes off as copium, but these are just the community events/rewards though. Yes, they're almost predatory in how little you get for putting in actual real-life hours to create art, and they exclude the vast amount of players that can't do this kinda stuff, but they're not the "proper" anniversary rewards. I fully expect them to come with something of note soon, especially with the rising tensions within the community.

I also agree with the statement that anniversary rewards don't have to be primos or wishes. They could be cosmetic items like skins and gliders. Heck, they could start selling 'em for × amount of crystals after the event ends. That's a win for everyone.

BlackM1st

Banned
I find Signora a tougher fight mostly because she turns into that tornado towards the end that you can't hit, and spews shit all over the floor on top of the heat mechanic that loses health.
Yeah. Hate it because it's another time waster similar to Geo Lord's pet underground borrowing. Steals your DPS opportunity.

Signora is the real meta altering component because everyone will need to fight her sooner or later. Abyss will come and go while she will stay.

Also retards keep killing the little totems that help you get rid of the heat/cold buildup since they think if you can attack it = you should attack it.
Lmao, I haven't killed her in coop yet. I bet it's a spectacular disaster. I probably wouldn't even bother haha

They could be cosmetic items like skins and gliders. Heck, they could start selling 'em for ×
hqdefault.jpg

Waaaaay ahead of you, brother. Why bother and wasting our time with giving it for free and sell later? MiHo will sell it from the beginning!

Saber

Gold Member
I know it comes off as copium, but these are just the community events/rewards though. Yes, they're almost predatory in how little you get for putting in actual real-life hours to create art, and they exclude the vast amount of players that can't do this kinda stuff, but they're not the "proper" anniversary rewards. I fully expect them to come with something of note soon, especially with the rising tensions within the community.

I also agree with the statement that anniversary rewards don't have to be primos or wishes. They could be cosmetic items like skins and gliders. Heck, they could start selling 'em for × amount of crystals after the event ends. That's a win for everyone.

Theres more in life than just rewards.
My brother already said here, but we once played an mmmo that didn't really gave rewards(or big stuff for that matter) but make daily mini-games like hide-and-seek, search a monster based on the tips, town changed themes, warping npc facilities, etc. It was fun and made us log and stay playing instead of logging occasionally here and there. There was also spawn of unique monsters that gave us healing and buff itens so it wasn't " a chance to win", XP increased of certain locations....the list goes on.

And this is just us giving endless and endless suggestions everytime they ask us VS paid developers...if they really wanted make players feel special for contribute to the game I guess they would. But I think money speaks more.

Fake

I'm in the end game and not in the end game at the same time.

Gonna get the pink wish aniversary and take some days off from this game. Is getting a bit boring.

Just wish the Ayaka brother is real. Is the only thing that make me continue to play.

Pejo

Here's the culmination of that "Leakers AMA" on reddit earlier:

Mostly New:
  • Traveler's constellation can change to green. Only new information about Dendro. (Lumie)
  • Celestia is moored above Fontaine (Lumie)
  • Fontaine is to the west of Liyue (Lumie) (Based on old information, VERY subject to change)
  • There might be Ningguang and Keqing skins for Lantern Rite (Sukuna)
  • Cryptic Lumie Post
  • Gorou is a 4-star in the files (Project Celestia)
  • Thoma has an ICD of 3s. He clarified he wasn't sure on this one. (Ubatcha)
  • Asmoday referred to as 'Kiana' in audio files (Project Celestia)
  • Kuki Ninja referred to as 'Oniori' in audio files (Project Celestia)
  • Those old Itto files are real (Project Celestia)
  • Brumal Star is now called Polar Star (Zintel)
  • Yae will be Electro's DPS ceiling (Sukuna)
  • They are testing something related to stamina that leakers are being secretive about, Hu Tao's C1 was temporarily disabled to test it (Sukuna)
  • Thoma's ICD is 3s. He makes it clear he isn't sure about this one, so take it with extra grains than usual. (Ubatcha)
Stuff You Could Have Guessed But Was There Anyway:
This is more or less what I could find. Let me know if there's anything I've missed.

*edit*

And the culmination of Genshin MMD videos too.

Last edited:

Pejo

We need to go further.

Also:
Duel in the Mist - Inazuma OST Battle Theme MV|Genshin Impact

That's legit amazing. I'd love to attend a Genshin concert. I live near enough to SF that if it comes to the symphony, I'm there.

I wish we could separate the art/music/animation/worldbuilding Genshin team from the corporate Genshin team.

YukiOnna

That's legit amazing. I'd love to attend a Genshin concert. I live near enough to SF that if it comes to the symphony, I'm there.

I wish we could separate the art/music/animation/worldbuilding Genshin team from the corporate Genshin team.
Would be cool if they released packaged OST's, Artbooks, Lorebooks, and got Mihoyo Anime to work on Genshin content. I would easily buy it. Hell, I'd even go to the convention if they did one in NA since that would just be the fun part of the game. I know they fielded questions about one in the surveys.

Last edited:

Pejo

Would be cool if they released packaged OST's, Artbooks, Lorebooks, and got Mihoyo Anime to work on Genshin content. I would easily buy it. Hell, I'd even go to the convention if they did one in NA since that would just be the fun part of the game. I know they fielded questions about one in the surveys.
I dunno, I look at/read a lot of posts on the Genshin subreddit and I don't want to be within 2 miles of most of those people. I'd definitely buy a reasonably price digital OST/Artbook. I don't want more clutter with physical goods though.

YukiOnna

I dunno, I look at/read a lot of posts on the Genshin subreddit and I don't want to be within 2 miles of most of those people. I'd definitely buy a reasonably price digital OST/Artbook. I don't want more clutter with physical goods though.
Let me rephrase: I'd go if it was in Japan. I just realized it would mean being with subreddit community if it was in the NA region...

But yeah, Artbook/OST is a must at least since other games release one periodically. I do want a lore book like FFXIV releases one that compiles all the details about the setting though, it'd be nice way for people to get in the know, too.

BlackM1st

Banned
Here's the culmination of that "Leakers AMA" on reddit earlier:

Mostly New:
  • Traveler's constellation can change to green. Only new information about Dendro. (Lumie)
  • Celestia is moored above Fontaine (Lumie)
  • Fontaine is to the west of Liyue (Lumie) (Based on old information, VERY subject to change)
  • There might be Ningguang and Keqing skins for Lantern Rite (Sukuna)
  • Cryptic Lumie Post
  • Gorou is a 4-star in the files (Project Celestia)
  • Thoma has an ICD of 3s. He clarified he wasn't sure on this one. (Ubatcha)
  • Asmoday referred to as 'Kiana' in audio files (Project Celestia)
  • Kuki Ninja referred to as 'Oniori' in audio files (Project Celestia)
  • Those old Itto files are real (Project Celestia)
  • Brumal Star is now called Polar Star (Zintel)
  • Yae will be Electro's DPS ceiling (Sukuna)
  • They are testing something related to stamina that leakers are being secretive about, Hu Tao's C1 was temporarily disabled to test it (Sukuna)
  • Thoma's ICD is 3s. He makes it clear he isn't sure about this one, so take it with extra grains than usual. (Ubatcha)
Stuff You Could Have Guessed But Was There Anyway:
This is more or less what I could find. Let me know if there's anything I've missed.

*edit*

And the culmination of Genshin MMD videos too.

You missed nothing I think.

And this is ... um... I dunno. Everything sounds pretty underwhelming and I don't know if I should be glad that my primogems are safe or should be worried that the next wave of updates is so meh.

Or maybe it means nothing at all and so called leakers quit because they don't know shit or can't share anything worthy out of fear.

All in all, cautiously waiting for the water claymore guy, hope he's gonna be a "water Diluc" and look cool enough to be worthy of pulling.

Chinese gamers being unhappy is very good thing. Iiirc they have a rule that when enough complains is submited to one of goverment agencies they have to be investigated. So their anger can't be ignored unlike western players shouting to the moon.

edit: lol this is perfect
6AE2wOn.png

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Chinese gamers being unhappy is very good thing. Iiirc they have a rule that when enough complains is submited to one of goverment agencies they have to be investigated. So their anger can't be ignored unlike western players shouting to the moon.
Or you know... they can stab em.😅

rose mcgowan film GIF

Top Bottom