• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Is this a Beidu event without Beidu?
Sure is. They could have made her the questgiver but chose to pass that duty to random NPC from her fleet. Cool eh?

*edit*

Western audiences were upset about the Aloy design in genshin, so they modified it

E1z8O1P.png

Last edited:

Pejo

They also don't have a match finder.

It's intentional.
Oh for sure it's intentional. It just seems weird to me, because the same players are playing both events. In my opinion, every multiplayer capable event should have a matching option. Let tryhard meta slaves carry the touchscreen "Zhongli haver" twitter folk if they want to. Conversely, I think you should be able to low-man attempt multiplayer events that use the matching system, so if I wanted to go in with just 1 or 2 friends, it shouldn't force the 3rd/4th random members. Some events do this, some don't. It's just weirdly inconsistent.

Reactions: Fuz

Reizo Ryuu

Hey Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu , you see that they brought back some of the old swimsuits in Honkai, but not those swimsuits. What a shitter.
Those are never coming back bruv ;P.

How did you enjoy the stroll with himeko?
It's only the midpoint, but at the tail end I almost forgot I was playing honkai, these in-game cutscenes are getting better and better; the boss was awesome too.

I finally attempted floor 9 of the abyss yesterday. I thought I wouldn't be able to clear them because my only properly built character is Klee. I was able to get through it easily though, and got the 150 primos from that. I will attempt the rest later. As I understand it, those primos will replenish every so often, right? I'm kinda sad I missed out on a bunch of primos over the past few months.

Saber

Gold Member
As I understand it, those primos will replenish every so often, right? I'm kinda sad I missed out on a bunch of primos over the past few months.

Yup. When you highlight the spyral place on your map it tells you how long the dungeon will stay, until it renews with new buffs. Everytime it resets, it also reset their prizes including primos.

Last edited:

Pejo

Will Genshin ever nail the climax of its side quests or no
It's written in their code that the end of the events/patches/quests must always be void of any entertainment value whatsoever.

Those are never coming back bruv ;P.

How did you enjoy the stroll with himeko?
It's only the midpoint, but at the tail end I almost forgot I was playing honkai, these in-game cutscenes are getting better and better; the boss was awesome too.
That was what I wish we would have gotten after final lesson. The fact that they did all that "MIA" stuff afterwards for like over a year is the part I'm still mad at them about. It was handled well though, and better late than never.

Last edited:

Pejo

Another day, still no bow recipe from that chest crap.

I have to say, Tatarasuna is a great source of low tier ore and weapon/artifact fodder. It seems to respawn every 2 days and gives a ton of white/green materials. Not a huge source since they give measly amounts of xp at higher levels, but it's still free, farmable, repeatable, and fairly concentrated.

I've started farming that pyro cube for Yoimiya materials, even though I still dunno if I'm rolling for her. I like the fight better than the cryo cube at least.

Oh, for that battle achievement to kill the samurai boss dude "when he's taunting", does anyone know which move specifically is his taunt?

Kazari quest is damn boring. I drop everytime I need to continue. So much inconsistency.
I liked the Kazari quest a lot. Are you reading the lore bits and scanning the little kitsune statues? It adds a lot of flavor. Also, the areas where you do the cleansing have awesome ambiance.

Last edited:

Fake

I liked the Kazari quest a lot. Are you reading the lore bits and scanning the little kitsune statues? It adds a lot of flavor. Also, the areas where you do the cleansing have awesome ambiance.

I reading most of them, much there is so much conversation between action. The pacing is terrible, not to mention the inconsistency on those puzzle. One you need to climb to make the right position order, but they place the 'pray' button in the part of the map that sing a different MP3 music, so you end up doing the puzzle and the music keep reseting everytime you need to rework the puzzle. So anticlimactic.

For me is pretty mix bag.

Last edited:

Pejo

I reading most of them, much there is so much conversation between action. The pacing is terrible, not to mention the inconsistency on those puzzle. One you need to climb to make the right position order, but they place the 'pray' button in the part of the map that sing a different MP3 music, so you end up doing the puzzle and the music keep reseting everytime you need to rework the puzzle. So anticlimactic.

For me is pretty mix bag.
Fair enough, to each their own.

Aloy model (real this time) leaked:

4ph1fkicuke71.png

meh

Fuz

Banned
Furnace.

Final reward is claymore blueprint.
Well, I was wrong.

That's not the reward from the quest¹ but it's inside a chest behind the grate on lowest level of the furnace.

¹I think it may be also from the quest, though, since they talked about a weapon reward when I finished it but I didn't get anything?

Oh btw, also got bow diagram today, and before finishing Tatara Tales. Now I have them all.

Fuz

Banned
b302vfbbrje71.png

Looks worst than the artwork. Again, no much job needed. They'll use the 'bUt Is FrEe' factor here.
I agree, but there's only flat lighting on her in that picture. Need to see her in the actual game to be sure she's horrible.

Pejo

Well, I was wrong.

That's not the reward from the quest¹ but it's inside a chest behind the grate on lowest level of the furnace.

¹I think it may be also from the quest, though, since they talked about a weapon reward when I finished it but I didn't get anything?

Oh btw, also got bow diagram today, and before finishing Tatara Tales. Now I have them all.
Do you know how many days you opened the chests before you got the bow recipe? I've read that it's exactly 7 days, but nobody can confirm that, and I should have gotten it the same day I got Tatara finished, but I still haven't. I'm not sure if I missed a day or two opening chests though.

Pejo

b302vfbbrje71.png

I agree, but there's only flat lighting on her in that picture. Need to see her in the actual game to be sure she's horrible.
Wonder why they'd go to all of the trouble of adding Yoimiya/Sayu/Aloy/Sara/Baal but skip Kokomi as Hydro Catalyst.

Fuz

Banned
Wonder why they'd go to all of the trouble of adding Yoimiya/Sayu/Aloy/Sara/Baal but skip Kokomi as Hydro Catalyst.
Because nobody likes that little shit.

Do you know how many days you opened the chests before you got the bow recipe? I've read that it's exactly 7 days, but nobody can confirm that, and I should have gotten it the same day I got Tatara finished, but I still haven't. I'm not sure if I missed a day or two opening chests though.
Not sure, but I think 5. It was my first grand prize.

Last edited:

Pejo

Why so many cryo.
Female Cryo/Pyro alternation was the meme for the entire 1.1-2.0 range of updates. I guess the devs are really big fans of Melt reactions.

Also, I just noticed when I was doing random Google Translate things - Teyvat is russian for "move". Doesn't seem to mean anything, but interesting.

Fuz

Banned
Lmao, looks borishy and uglish.

Thats why you get when you mix anime and japan stuff with things that have nothing to do with each other. If money speaks louder, then be prepared for loses. I ain't touching that crap.
She's free.

Reizo Ryuu

Lmao, looks borishy and uglish.

Thats why you get when you mix anime and japan stuff with things that have nothing to do with each other. If money speaks louder, then be prepared for loses. I ain't touching that crap.
she's free
she's not properly lit or shaded here, she'll obviously look much better in-game

Pejo

eo3c6xbztle71.png

Shop update for August.

I was hoping they'd mix it up a little since 2.0 but nope. Guess I'm waiting until October for my next Amber constellation.

BlackM1st

Banned
I already knew she was free. The money part I was talking is a deal between them and Sony. Doesn't make it any better and I still will not touch it.
Word. What an utterly trash collab. It's also basically promoting nothing, because Horizon's release was pushed to the later date. Absolutely pointless collab, a waste of time and money. Out of all IP and heroes possible we got something absolutely nobody asked for lol

Reizo Ryuu

The money part I was talking is a deal between them and Sony.
Wait, you think mihoyo paid sony for this? Considering the fluff text on her bow and the fact she's free, it's more likely to be the other way around, or even no money involved at all.

Sony marketing probably approached them with 'a cool idea', or this was 'the price to pay', for getting cross-save to work for ps users.

I still will not touch it.
Looking forward to the pics of you deleting her from your inbox.

Last edited:
Top Bottom