• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

I love it. I also liked Yashiori island more until we permanently stop the constant thunderstorms via the quest. I thought these two areas had a nice sense of danger, I just wish those magatama shards lasted longer for the furnace part.

BTW, is this a follow up quest? Should I only get the new one day after day?

Fuz

Banned
sonofabitch.jpg

sonofabitch

Pejo

BTW, is this a follow up quest? Should I only get the new one day after day?
Yes, you get 1 small quest from him day after day. The Tatara Tales one actually shows up in your quest log. A lot of the other hidden daily quests do not, such as:

• Seashell/treasure chest opening quest
  • Shrine praying quest
  • Chouji crystal marrow quest
  • Doctor weed quest
  • Fortune telling thing at Yae's shrine
  • I think I'm forgetting about a few

sonofabitch.jpg

sonofabitch

Yea this is a bummer. We're also currently capped at rank 6 20/22 electroculi for the Archon tower at the moment until more islands open up.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I love it. I also liked Yashiori island more until we permanently stop the constant thunderstorms via the quest. I thought these two areas had a nice sense of danger, I just wish those magatama shards lasted longer for the furnace part.
New Dragonspine?

I wish the first island was much bigger. Especially the forest and the fields around the small village.

Pejo

I think I'm missing this one. Any help?
Right next to the samurai boss (the one we originally fought in the archipelago), there's a samurai by a shrine. You pray 3 times to it 4 days in a row and get a chest after the first day each day, then there's more after you keep doing it.

• Love
Reactions: Fuz
The simp wars are becoming so modern.
The real Thanos was a total simp, and that was the big movie villain just a short time ago. Simp prime time, and even his simpetry was hidden from the general public.

Also the whole archangel lucifer thing is suspect as well, the myth eventually became connected with both most beautiful angel of all, and morning star which is venus which represents womanhood. In some accounts lucifer is also the first creation. Which suggests a possibility of God doing another Thanos like move, in fact very suspicious that they say seeing God's face kills you, and that God basically became human and got himself killed essentially committing suicide or giving Death a kiss. Perhaps there is some strange connection between the angel of Death Lucifer and God, some elemental balance or perhaps...

More intriguingly God has been given a wife in recent works of fiction such as lucifer series called charlotte and a sister in supernatural called amara(whose name reminds me of shera predecessor from netflix series called mara.).

In japanese work madoka magica, the titular madoka appears to embody the concept of god while the almost lesbian friend appears to embody concept of devil.

This also reminds a bit of the story of genshin impact, and loki, though in loki it is kinda siblings but seem more like lovers, and also the story of magus and schala in chrono trigger, siblings all of whom are separated by fate, the laws of the system.

The following seems relevant

Last edited:

deanote666

Ayaka or Yoimiya?

At 70 pulls, guaranteed 5*. Don't need any more 4* on the current banner.

What does Ayaka bring that's different than Eula?

More reliable cryo application and more mobility with her sprint that regenerates stamina. They both rely a lot on their burst for high dmg numbers from what I gather, so they're somewhat similar in hat respect.

Yoimiya seems a bit underwhelming right now, but we don't know for sure until she's actually out.

My advice is to wait for the Baal banner, which'll come right after Yoimiya. As an Archon she will most likely be very powerful.

Fake

Ayaka or Yoimiya?

Will depends, Ayaka is indeed better than Yoimiya, but sword chars are easy to get in comparison with bow, not to mention Yoimiya is the second pyro bow besides Amber.

You need to give me more info about. What are you looking for? Have any build? How many chars and their elements?

Last edited:

Pejo

Ayaka or Yoimiya?

Hard to recommend either of them with Baal/Kokomi right around the corner. If you have to roll, let the anime tiddies guide you to which one you like the most.

Hey Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
Looks like Elysia (pink bow lady) is farmable, and her signature gear is 100% able to be farmed/forged too. I didn't see that generosity coming tbh.

deanote666

Thanks for the replies.

I have all of the characters except Mona, Qiqi, and Hu Tao. I don't have any specific artifacts/weapons waiting for Ayaka, Yoimiya.

Ayaka didn't feel much different than Eula to me in the trial. Yoimiya seemed decent in her story quest trial.

Gacha has reprogrammed my brain to not let me miss characters but I'm not sure when I would actually use Ayaka, Yoimiya.

Fake

Ayaka is very different from Eula. Eula have mucher simple skills, while Ayaka can constant getting cryo buff to herself as you wish, unlike most of cryo users (Main Chongus).

Eula could probably deal more damage, but I think Ayaka win for being a sword user.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Hey Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
Looks like Elysia (pink bow lady) is farmable, and her signature gear is 100% able to be farmed/forged too. I didn't see that generosity coming tbh.
That's cool, I'm guess it's because of the weapon type being new; like if you miss the current supply one, you can only craft the mediocre foundry one.

Fuz

Banned
rkthsa4174e71.jpg

They're learning.
Best update ever.

Gorou was a mistake.
No seriously.

I can't take seriously the resistance when it's lead by a furry and a little girl (yes, sure, she's a 900 year old sea princess. Sure). It irks me in the worst way. I don't want them to win, I really wish we could switch sides to the electro Archon. And crucify those little shits on the tallest hill.

Better yet make items and ores be auto-collected like how tree materials are done.
(y)
Need to suggest this in my next survey rant.

Last edited:

Pejo

Best update ever.

No seriously.

I can't take seriously the resistance when it's lead by a furry and a little girl. It irks me in the worst way. I don't want them to win, I really wish we could switch sides to the electro Archon.
After seeing Baal and Sara, it's frankly insulting that we can't. There's no way I would join the resistance if we actually had choices. If you read the lore scattered around the islands, they're far from "the good guys" anyways. I'm really curious to find out the real reason for the vision hunt decree.

Fuz

Banned
After seeing Baal and Sara, it's frankly insulting that we can't. There's no way I would join the resistance if we actually had choices. If you read the lore scattered around the islands, they're far from "the good guys" anyways. I'm really curious to find out the real reason for the vision hunt decree.
Maybe we can, or at least there will be a resolution to the conflict, since they're gonna join the party.

Or maybe not and miho'll just "eh... whatever" regarding the internal coherence.

Pejo

Finally I was able to finish Tatara Tales. As usual for MHY's pattern, the lore/quest builds up quite a bit of interesting potential, and then the final part is as compelling as a wet fart. Ah well, now I'm unlocked for the remainder of the hidden/world quests that I couldn't do, and the area is much nicer to explore.

I made the new craftable claymore. It sucks all the way around, but damn if it's not cool to look at. Now i just need the bow recipe, which seems to be a fair amount of RNG to get. :messenger_weary:

Fake

To be honest, before the update I thought the traveler would kinda conflict between serve Baal (kinda trade information about his twin) or join the resistence because they're oppressive.

Now, after the quest what I see is
either Baal being controlled by some kind of machine/weapon and maybe the weapon is releasing toxic fuel against the water maybe explaining 'why' that region became toxic or either Baal is not the real Anchor

Pejo

New event boss is a snoozer, but at least it's a quick grind. I see what they were going for with using the mechanics from earlier in the event, and it would have been a good idea, but he goes down too quick for it to matter. It's baffling how inconsistent they are with the difficulty of their events. Stuff like this was barely worth paying attention to the screen, but then stuff like the boss rushes are way overtuned for casual and mobile players to even survive them.

Top Bottom