• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

Well, Sara confirmed as 4*. Thank god. After Kokomi got moved to 5* I thought I was going to have to deal with another one. The boob square doesn't look half as bad in game as it does in the T-posed leak model.

zdvhllwebzc71.jpg

Thats a big win for me. Getting tired of 5 stars.

crumbs

lol yes.

By the way, anyone playing the electro MC? How are they? Tried a little but I don't really get how to use his kit efficiently.
I've barely messed with it so far, but It looks like the electro traveler is meant to be a battery for other characters. The elemental skill produces jades amulets that other characters can pick up for energy & a temp energy recharge increase, but it has a long CD, so you might need a sacrificial sword. Haven't used the burst yet.

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo I felt like legion/dominance was talking directly to you in this dialogue ;P
wnENwDC.jpg
You know, i was actually pleasantly surprised about the new chapter, it gave her a nice send off, something i'd argue should have happened a year ago, but still, it was a nice release mentally from the "what if she comes back, i'm going to save her" bullshit they've done to Himeko fans for a while now. I was absolutely ready to quit when HoF was revealed, but if I'd have found out this way instead of by CN leaks, I'd have been (mostly) fine with it. I still think she's coming back though, eventually.. Anyways, did you see that that they teased that new pink haired milf as a bow character? Raven fans are going to be livid if it ends up being true, rightfully so. She destroyed that stan event.
lol yes.

By the way, anyone playing the electro MC? How are they? Tried a little but I don't really get how to use his kit efficiently.
I played Another Eden for a while, but the extreme grind for everything just became too much for me, and I didn't really gel with the battle system.

Electro MC is decent, could have been great if they wouldn't have made the elemental skill cooldown so long. I used him for the first handful of story quests but ultimately replace him with Fischl due to cooldowns being shit. Their burst is basically Beidou's but worse, unfortunately.

crumbs

Me neither. Don't know where to get it. I have the first constellation item though.
There's a Statue of the Seven behind the house of the first commissioner guy (whose daughter gets you past the check point) on the starting island. You need to interact with it as the traveler and you will have the option to resonate with electro.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Anyways, did you see that that they teased that new pink haired milf as a bow character? Raven fans are going to be livid if it ends up being true, rightfully so. She destroyed that stan event.
Poor ai-chan, the number one idol never stood a chance against raven.
Yeah 5.0 seems like it's going to be full of a lot of awesome stuff, but I don't Elysia (pink hair girl) is going to be playable soon, though I honestly feel like raven will take even longer to become playable.

Pejo

Oh shit, secret Amber buff in 2.0
dckqsr8qoxc71.png

iwiha2lvoxc71.png

wf5f7bv6pxc71.png

e4kj8ii7pxc71.png

(I feel that every character got a facial expression buff this patch, and the lip syncing is better too, when it actually works)

There's a Statue of the Seven behind the house of the first commissioner guy (whose daughter gets you past the check point) on the starting island. You need to interact with it as the traveler and you will have the option to resonate with electro.

Use your MC on any Baal statue iirc.
Lol, I feel so dumb now. I knew I got the previous powers by going to a statue, but nothing happened in Inazuma! Thought it would be part of the story quest or something. I just never use the MC anymore.

crumbs

I think the CD is shortened when another character grabs the amulets.
Looks like that is correct. The first ascension passive: when another character picks up an amulet, the MC's skill CD is reduced by 1.5 sec (12 sec vs 13.5 sec). Not sure if that stacks on multiple amulet pick ups, but I would guess not.

crumbs

Lol, I feel so dumb now. I knew I got the previous powers by going to a statue, but nothing happened in Inazuma! Thought it would be part of the story quest or something. I just never use the MC anymore.

I think the devs know that very few people play as the MC at this point because there is almost no fanfare (no cutscene or anything) when you resonate with electro. Basically you get some purple accents on their clothes, but it doesn't prompt a tutorial or anything for your new electro skill and burst.

Exentryk

Man, the writing is so boring for these main quests. Hours of bureaucratic nonsense that no one cares for. Liyue was the same. The random world quests are more interesting at times than these main quests.

Apart from that, the exploration has been great. I really like those electrograna quick warps. It's a neat way to move around the map.

In terms of character progress, I got Diona from the standard banner. She is decent, but need to build her up. Currently sticking with Noelle though.

Reizo Ryuu

I think the devs know that very few people play as the MC at this point because there is almost no fanfare (no cutscene or anything) when you resonate with electro. Basically you get some purple accents on their clothes, but it doesn't prompt a tutorial or anything for your new electro skill and burst.
I think the genshin team is just a bit shit when it comes to tutorials in general, even with the character trials you only get a few lines of text.
Meanwhile the honkai team kinda goes a bit overboard, with popups and explainers everywhere for even the smallest new thing, character trials pause to explain what's happening and even have demos that show synergy and such.

Fuz

Banned
I think the genshin team is just a bit shit when it comes to tutorials in general, even with the character trials you only get a few lines of text.
Meanwhile the honkai team kinda goes a bit overboard, with popups and explainers everywhere for even the smallest new thing, character trials pause to explain what's happening and even have demos that show synergy and such.
Genshin team >>>>>> Honkai team
Not sure if that stacks on multiple amulet pick ups, but I would guess not.
I assume they do. But I haven't tested that yet, that's why I was asking here.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, the writing is so boring for these main quests. Hours of bureaucratic nonsense that no one cares for. Liyue was the same. The random world quests are more interesting at times than these main quests.

Apart from that, the exploration has been great. I really like those electrograna quick warps. It's a neat way to move around the map.

In terms of character progress, I got Diona from the standard banner. She is decent, but need to build her up. Currently sticking with Noelle though.
Disagree about the story quests. There's a lot of background building in the first couple pieces, but I feel like it lays a good foundation for when we meet the Shogun and the rest of Inazuma's story.

Speaking of, just did Ayaka's character quest on my lunch, boy they really stepped up their waifu game for that one. That's what I feel hangouts should have been instead of what we got. Actual cutscenes, nice background character building, showing mutiple facets of the character in question. Really cool. That dance was hella lame though. Too bad MC doesn't always have a "renegade" dialogue option so I could have told her to not quit her day job.

I'm consistently impressed with how varied the locations are within Inazuma. That tanuki forest is a personal favorite of mine. Such awesome ambiance and the music ties in so well. The constant thunderstorm area is awesome too. I feel that Inazuma has definitely surpassed Mondstadt as my favorite general area in the game. Liyue is so far behind at this point as far as having interesting areas. I wonder if MHY regrets doing "not China" so early in the story. I feel that it would be an entirely different tier of quality if it would have come later in the game's life.

Fuz

Banned
That tanuki forest is a personal favorite of mine.
Agree. Bummer it's so small and breaks the illusion.

I miss those giant forests in DAoC...
I feel that Inazuma has definitely surpassed Mondstadt as my favorite general area in the game. Liyue is so far behind at this point as far as having interesting areas
Also agree. Maybe it's because I love Japan and Japanese culture, but I don't think they'll ever gonna top that.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
. I wonder if MHY regrets doing "not China" so early in the story. I feel that it would be an entirely different tier of quality if it would have come later in the game's life.
You mean like the Assassin's Creed Japan? Yeah, I agree... Oh, wait! It's been only 15 years since AC 1. For sure Ubisoft is building the quality title that will pierce the space and time continuum when it will be released in 2077 year!

Last edited:

Pejo

You mean like the Assassin's Creed Japan? Yeah, I agree... Oh, wait!
You can't really compare Ubishit to this game though. We've seen a steady uptick in quality of content released pretty much since Liyue. Ubi is like French EA. Yearly releases, dubious quality, shit sequels, and the most grievous thing they've done - Stopped making 2D Rayman games.

BlackM1st

Banned
You can't really compare Ubishit to this game though. We've seen a steady uptick in quality of content released pretty much since Liyue. Ubi is like French EA. Yearly releases, dubious quality, shit sequels, and the most grievous thing they've done - Stopped making 2D Rayman games.
Rayman is cool lol, yeah. All I'm saying is that ain't nobody has time for dat. This whole 10 years plan already looks like a giant money grabbing joke lol So I prefer to take what I can here and now than waiting God knows how long for God knows what.

YukiOnna

The Kairagi Samurai mini boss fights are a lot of fun. Nice touch to their animations, too such as having slaughtered Hilichurls.

I'm often negative about Genshin in this thread (and let's be real, there's plenty good reasons for that) but Inazuma is great so far. Fantastic new areas to explore, new mechanics and puzzles, fun quests. I haven't finished everything yet. I'm taking my time with it. I thought three islands would be too few, but they're big enough that it feels like a substantial amount of content. They did a good job here.

I was a bit sceptical of their portrayal of not-Japan initially. The first impression isn't great. Every character we meet speaks negatively of Inazuma. People want to leave. The government is corrupt and oppressive. Sure, Inazuma is based on Japan's isolationist history, but this is the first time we see a country portrayed in such a blatantly negative light in Genshin. In the two other regions there's only individuals who are bad, or there might be factions that disagree, but nothing like what we see in Inazuma. Somehow I feel like that's not just for the sake of variety in setting... Fortunately that negativity fades quickly as you progress and positive aspects are introduced.

YukiOnna

Araumi is so neat. Randomly figured out how to get underwater after a couple of puzzles and it leads to more doors and treasures to unlock. Plus, a domain with lore tied to the place if you had memento lens.

Last edited:

Pejo

Tons of new leaks today.

Her burst duration feel too short :\

Not particularly impressed.

Electro Xingcoso?

yiof0jp784d71.jpg

Fishing reward I guess.

I like it, I like it a lot. And you already know what the answer is going to be regarding her short burst duration - "Bro just C6 her, where you get 30 seconds of Burst time" or something stupid like that

Also, Kokomi skills:

fvgeb8s5i4d71.png

Lol she's litearlly just 5* Barbara. What a shitter of a thing.

Last edited:

Pejo

Recap on today's leaks, it's a lot:

Damn, Sara looking fucking awesome. Wish I got to see how those attacks actually work, one seems to be a backdash similar to Ganyu, not sure what her burst besides some AoE Electro dmg.

*edit*

So it looks like Kokomi is a damage/off field hydro/healer character. Her crit rate gets reduced by 100, but supposedly she can still hit hard and her damage scales off of HP and heal %. Sounds like she's gonna be a walking tank like C6 Noelle. I'm actually really happy to have some characters that aren't on the same exact stat meta of Crit/Critdmg. Color me interested.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Damn, Sara looking fucking awesome. Wish I got to see how those attacks actually work, one seems to be a backdash similar to Ganyu, not sure what her burst besides some AoE Electro dmg.
She'll probably end up in an Albedo rerun banner and you'll hear Sardinian curses and frastimmi up to your house.

Pejo

Man I need to get to bed, I just had like a 6 hour bender and unlocked every domain/telepoint/waverider thing available, did a bunch of story quests, and got my sakura tree to 15, statue to 6.

Inazuma is great. They really exceeded my expectations on this one.

Reizo Ryuu

Ok, so what? She's still free, saying "fuck her" in favour of another character doesn't make any sense; you don't have to choose.

I'd like to see y'all actually delete her from your inbox if that's a possibility.

Fuz

Banned
Ok, so what? She's still free, saying "fuck her" in favour of another character doesn't make any sense; you don't have to choose.

I'd like to see y'all actually delete her from your inbox if that's a possibility.
Chill man, we're just kidding.

Top Bottom