• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
Yea it seemed really out of character considering we're still helping people collect sweet flowers and stupid shit like that.
I enjoyed it immensely. Don't forget that during the last story quest we were ready to leave everyone behind and leave the damn place together with our sibling. I kinda like that attitude of our MC.

Really? He's like a likable Childe for me lmaoo. Although, I was hoping it'd be Kazuha or Beidou sticking around, but I guess that's difficult.
Tart is likable because he's unlikable. That dude is just annoying. He never shuts up and laughs for no reason all the time. Definitely a comfort character for many girls, but I feel really irritated by his constant presence and the fact that I can't move on without him being involved.

Pejo

I enjoyed it immensely. Don't forget that during the last story quest we were ready to leave everyone behind and leave the damn place together with our sibling. I kinda like that attitude of our MC.

Tart is likable because he's unlikable. That dude is just annoying. He never shuts up and laughs for no reason all the time. Definitely a comfort character for many girls, but I feel really irritated by his constant presence and the fact that I can't move on without him being involved.
Oh I don't dislike it, I just wish that we could stick with it instead of saying "I'm not here to get in the middle of your shit" but then 2 sentences later be like "oh ok I'll help after all". I wish there was an honest 2 paths we could take, like friendly/asshole. The downside is that even though we have dialogue choices, they're all the same in the end and give you no actual freedom on how you want to approach the story.

Totally agree about Tohma, I dislike him a lot. He'd only be a good character if later on we find out he was actually a villain.

Speaking of, I hope we get more morally grey characters soon. I've said it before, but I'm really getting tired of the "hardworking workaholic good guy" types. Tart was interesting to me because he wasn't that type at all. We need the squinty villain type that when he/she opens their eyes then you know shit is about to get real.

d5hhni6-5f523d49-b29f-4f5e-bf2b-3a5030c0d7df.png
Jkk6Y8A.jpeg

BlackM1st

Banned
Looks like I hit some weird ass bug. I activated all 4 electric pillars in the Araumi puzzle but only 3 out of 4 corresponding circle parts light up. WTF. Maybe it's because I haven't gotten special lenses or something like that, but why 3 light up while 4th one didn't despite its pillar being activated? Makes no sense.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
URz0TAl.jpg

What da fuck. And it's the easiest pillar too. It wasn't blocked or sealed or something like that. Bah.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Ok. Scratch all of that. Turns out circle parts were inverted lmao I did the rotating cube puzzle but forgot to actually activate it with electric element. Goddamn, why it didn't activated automatically? Anyway... Crisis averted xD

LOLCats

Banned
pretty bitchin cross-save added to Playstation, now i can finally sell my ps4pro.

i had been holding on to it in case my PS5 died... a backup solely to play genshin. Silly i know, anyway, im selling this mf rocket blower.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
pretty bitchin cross-save added to Playstation, now i can finally sell my ps4pro.

i had been holding on to it in case my PS5 died... a backup solely to play genshin. Silly i know, anyway, im selling this mf rocket blower.
From what I have seen if you used the PC/Mobile version and the PS4/5 version before this patch you will need a new PSN id to use your PC/Mobile save on ps5.

Anyone confirm this?

LOLCats

Banned
From what I have seen if you used the PC/Mobile version and the PS4/5 version before this patch you will need a new PSN id to use your PC/Mobile save on ps5.

Anyone confirm this?
ya thats how i understand it... youd have to create a new psn id. kinda trash, but fortunately my use case is not that.

Last edited:

Pejo

Any of you guys do the Shrine quests yet?

Do you not get any rewards for beating all those shrines and the big tumor thing? I picked up Kazuri's mask, and used it, and it taught me how to craft the catalyst, but is that seriously all you get for that huge questline? Or did I miss a bunch of chests somewhere?

BlackM1st

Banned

LOL OUTTANOWHERE

Aloy comes to GI as a free 5☆. Hate her design and personality, but eh, free 5☆ is a free 5☆. Unless she's at MC power level xD

Reactions: Fuz

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I mean it would be cool if there was a 2-3 week event where you got a 5* character and all their constellations for playing. But until you see their kit and Constellation passives it's a wait and see.

Most collab characters ultimately don't end up that good in gachas. Or at least for very long.

I still think even now Cryo Amber is still too good. Just like Starbucks is.

Lupingosei

Banned
Man I seriously don't want Sony, western games, and their politics involved in IPs that I actually enjoy. This is a scary as fuck precedent for the game.
As if Sony has any leverage in this.They probably had to pay a ton of money or make other deals, like a smaller share on all sales over the Playstation Network.

The Playstation is not big enough as a plattform in the core markets of Genshin Impact.

YukiOnna

I'm fine with characters being unlikable, but Childe is just downright annoying for me. Never ever enjoyed his type of personality lmao. I don't know about comfort character or think about that, but I generally enjoy the laid back type who isn't a two face (yet?) and his relationship with Ayaka.

Anyways, oi oi oi this is too early...

Last edited:
I guess is not avaliable on others plataforms, like the traveller sword.
It clashes with their recent crossplay function if the weapon's passive deactivates on other platforms. Doesn't seem practical to switch weapons everytime you play on a phone or tablet.

Fake

Childe have a badass mode, that in fact people complain about how weak Childe are in comparison with his boss fight counterpart.

edit: Aloy will be a cryo char... another cryo char... Is this getting personal at this point?

Last edited:

Pejo

As if Sony has any leverage in this.They probably had to pay a ton of money or make other deals, like a smaller share on all sales over the Playstation Network.

The Playstation is not big enough as a plattform in the core markets of Genshin Impact.
It's almost certain that some of the censorship "precautions" in this game were done at the behest of Sony. I don't know what the overall revenue stream from Genshin looks like between mobile/pc/playstation, but I'm sure there's some internal wheeling and dealing being done for all of this frankly bullshit exclusive stuff.

Platform exclusive weapons now. Oh boy. At least it's free so that's something. Good starter weapon if Bow user is your thing.
Now?

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Platform exclusive weapons now. Oh boy. At least it's free so that's something. Good starter weapon if Bow user is your thing.
We already had it, there's a PS exclusive sword. Unlike that sword, this bow is semi exclusive. You can use it on PC, but without its effects xD

Fake

Have to agree. Secondary effect is ATK. Just a shame the effect is locked behind the exclusivity.

It's almost certain that some of the censorship "precautions" in this game were done at the behest of Sony. I don't know what the overall revenue stream from Genshin looks like between mobile/pc/playstation, but I'm sure there's some internal wheeling and dealing being done for all of this frankly bullshit exclusive stuff.

If you read the Aloy page and twitter, many people are whining about mods on the official discord.

Lupingosei

Banned
I thought somebody involved the Chinese government in Honkai Impact that is why they walk on eggshells.

Also, the girls in the game wear stockings or other things which can only be described as lingerie. Mona's or Eula's glorious ass is also not hidden. I think we are fine.

The next batch of Inazuma characters is also not really covered up a lot.

Man I seriously don't want Sony, western games, and their politics involved in IPs that I actually enjoy. This is a scary as fuck precedent for the game.
China alone will be responsible for the censoring or design of any content in this game, outside of Aloy or any other Sony IP that ends up appearing in the game. The reason Jean is wearing a "summer outfit" that looks like something a grandma might wear to the beach in the 1940s has nothing to do with with Sony, and everything to do with China.

Top Bottom