• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

I feel like in Abyss it's just about getting that one good run sometimes.
I just got my lucky run a few moments ago lol I managed to get past the fucking zoo that is 12-2-2 and 12-3 in general was a cakewalk. I got no stars in 12-2 but all three in 12-3. Fucking weird game, man. At least now I can say I cleared the abyss and got my platinum trophy to show for it as well! Thanks for your advice.

I'm curious if going down a world tier affects the difficulty of the Abyss Corridor.
I didn't think about this (I'm AR 52 btw), but apparently it doesn't. That makes sense, to be honest -- even though I found floor 12 to be incredibly annoying at some points, this game barely has any truly challenging content for endgame players as it is.

--

Here are the rewards for exploring Inazuma, if anyone's interested. It seems like Mihoyo did listen to player feedback!
cv0ez4f4ie571.jpg

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
idk the droprate just feels so lackluster somehow
Oh, that's because it definitely is lackluster lol. But! It's still the best way hah I would gladly tell you some good news and that you missed something, but in reality you missed nothing, that's really is the only way of earning enough books. Events do help, but not by much. Don't listen to people who say that they're not using ley lines. That's probably because they have no intention of leveling their heroes or raise their World Level. I'm at WL8 and raised like 6 heroes to 90 + give them 9 9 10 talent levels. How I achieved it? Ley lines. Ley lines and lots of time. Unfortunately that's the only way.

BlackM1st

Banned
If you don't want to farm LL, you'll probably get plenty of them when completing the new World Quests and Events.
Doubt Reaction GIF

You'll get some. Plenty? Yeah, nah.

That's like being obsessed with a chest hunting. Sure, you'll get some primos. But it will be hardly enough to change the amount of heroes you will be able to pull for. Daily missions are more mundane and time consuming, but just 1 day of daily comissions will bring you more primos than 10s of the chests lol

Unfortunately game is designed that way, you're constantly running low on resources by design.

Doubt Reaction GIF

You'll get some. Plenty? Yeah, nah.

That's like being obsessed with a chest hunting. Sure, you'll get some primos. But it will be hardly enough to change the amount of heroes you will be able to pull for. Daily missions are more mundane and time consuming, but just 1 day of daily comissions will bring you more primos than 10s of the chests lol

Unfortunately game is designed that way, you're constantly running low on resources by design.
Eh, I guess you're right. Whenever I find myself short of exp books and/or mora, I end up farming LL anyway. I guess I go through periods of time where I hoard them up because my current builds are working well enough, just to run out of them when I start upgrading things like a madman to try new characters and builds out.

LOLCats

Banned
So I got a skyward blade from the standard banner pity for my Jean.

Its nice but I'm torn, I've grown so accustomed to my r5 favonious orb generation... not sure yet about it.

also i think maybe i play too much.
zp26jAa.jpg

Last edited:
So I got a skyward blade from the standard banner pity for my Jean.

Its nice but I'm torn, I've grown so accustomed to my r5 favonious orb generation... not sure yet about it.

also i think maybe i play too much.
zp26jAa.jpg

Show your Ning build. How did you get 2.3k attack on her? Did you not put geo damage bonus goblet?

LOLCats

Banned
Show your Ning build. How did you get 2.3k attack on her? Did you not put geo damage bonus goblet?
Yep cup and sundial are atk main stats, hat is crit damge, still have not got a decent fitting geo cup. Got a few 15% attack substats on the artifacts, lost prayers book.

LFx1Ht7.jpg

oplhrXx.jpg

wyw9kvv.jpg

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Yep cup and sundial are atk main stats, hat is crit damge, still have not got a decent fitting geo cup. Got a few 15% attack substats on the artifacts, lost prayers book.

LFx1Ht7.jpg

oplhrXx.jpg

wyw9kvv.jpg
You have hilariously low Crit Rate and Crit DMG. Ning C6 deserves better. Give her any Geo Goblet (preferably with some crits lol) and use other 4 arts for set building. Actually with such low Crits you should forget about set bonuses and work on farming some Crit artifacts lol.

Exentryk

Been busy getting through the Liyue questline. Currently midway through it and now have to go meet Ninguang, but require AR35 for it (I am AR30 right now). So that's going to take a while to progress. The other thing that happened is it raised the world level to 3, which means enemies are level 43-47. My main DPS is level 40 (Fiscl) and I can't ascend her as the drop required is from level 50 Electro Hypostasis only.

My main party is as below:
Fiscl (lvl 40)
Sucrose (lvl 40)
Barbara (lvl 20)
Noelle (lvl 20)

After this world level upgrade, enemies are dealing a lot of damage. I am not sure what's the best way to proceed now. Any recommendations? I haven't done any domains or the Abyss either. I was thinking of getting Xiangling from Abyss 3-3? Is that feasible?

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
After this world level upgrade, enemies are dealing a lot of damage. I am not sure what's the best way to proceed now.
Try to build Noelle to 40. Put as much def on her as possible. Maybe forge a DEF Claymore for her if you have a free prototype. That will help you with a hard hitting enemies.
I haven't done any domains or the Abyss either.
Domains? Hm. Farm some for some low level arts for your electric Raven maybe. But other than that... I see no point in heavy farming low level domains. Abyss? I dunno. Try it and look how it will go for you. Your best bet rn is to pull for Klee hah.

crumbs

My main DPS is level 40 (Fiscl) and I can't ascend her as the drop required is from level 50 Electro Hypostasis only.

Are you talking about the different types of gemstones? You can use the alchemy bench to craft the higher level gemstones (from the lower level versions of the gem stones) that are used for character ascension.

Not sure who else you have on your roster, but you may need to think about leveling up Kaeya to work some freeze (w/Barb) and Superconduct (w/ Fischl) reactions.

I think getting Xiangling could be tough with that group at their current level. Noelle and Barb will allow you to survive, but I'm not sure you'll do enough damage to clear the timed challenges.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Thanks guys. My current roster includes:

Fiscl, Sucrose, Barbara, Noelle
Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, Xingqui, Chongyun, Traveler

I don't have any 4 star claymores, but currently using the White Greatsword (3 star defence claymore). So should be able to level that up and build up Noelle a little more for defence. Regarding Fiscl, the item I need for her ascension is Lightning Prism, which is shown as only a dropped item from that Hypostasis, and doesn't show any crafting possibility?

Anyway, I'll try some building up and see how I go.

Last edited:

LFx1Ht7.jpg

oplhrXx.jpg

wyw9kvv.jpg

Ning's damage is mainly geo so get a geo damage cup asap for her. You can give Lost prayer to Klee and give Ning a Solar Pearl (if you have one or plan to get BP). At higher levels CR-CD stat outperforms attack stat.

crumbs

Thanks guys. My current roster includes:

Fiscl, Sucrose, Barbara, Noelle
Amber, Kaeya, Lisa, Xingqui, Chongyun, Traveler

I don't have any 4 star claymores, but currently using the White Greatsword (3 star defence claymore). So should be able to level that up and build up Noelle a little more for defence. Regarding Fiscl, the item I need for her ascension is Lightning Prism, which is shown as only a dropped item from that Hypostasis, and doesn't show any crafting possibility?

Anyway, I'll try some building up and see how I go.
Sorry, I misunderstood you. Yeah, you'll need to farm the electro cube for lightning prisms, this is where you want a cyro character when dealing with the electro cube.

Fortunately, I think the electro cube is one of the easier bosses to fight. It might be a bit of grind since you're underleveled compared to bosses, but you just need to learn the patterns and you avoid taking any damage.

I was in a similar situation when my WL auto increased to 3 and I hadn't farmed many boss ascension materials. I'd focus on getting mats for Fischl if she's your main DPS. As long as your DPS characters are at a appropriate level for you WL, the your supports can lag behind.

Also, you might want to try crafting a 4 star claymore from your prototypes rather than leveling up a 3 star weapon. If you like Noelle and use her for support, the Whiteblind is a good choice for her. If you need a cryo hero and don't like Kaeya, Chongyun would work well with a the craftable prototype Archaic (this would also work on Noelle if you're using her more for DPS than healing).

Edit: To clarify, there's a couple of decent 3 star weapons in this game (Black Tassel, Harbinger of Dawn, Thrilling Tales) that are worth refining and investing in, but most are not worth spending too many resources on.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
You can get Prototypes for the coins you will get in each chest or as a reward for upgrading the statues. You can trade in these coins at jewelry stores either in Mondstadt or Liyue. With a prototype, you can go to the blacksmith and get a Whiteblind for Noelle. Noelle is a very versatile character, she makes shields, also heals you and is a pretty good damage dealer on lower levels especially.

I still use Noelle with Zhongli and 2 other damage dealers and she can easily keep a group alive in the abyss or during boss fights.

I still use Noelle with Zhongli and 2 other damage dealers and she can easily keep a group alive in the abyss or during boss fights.

Noelle and Zhongli in the same team is overkill. Zhongli + Bennet in one team and Noelle in another for abyss is better IMO. If some wants more shield uptime then Noelle + Diona.

Fuz

Banned
Been busy getting through the Liyue questline. Currently midway through it and now have to go meet Ninguang, but require AR35 for it (I am AR30 right now). So that's going to take a while to progress. The other thing that happened is it raised the world level to 3, which means enemies are level 43-47. My main DPS is level 40 (Fiscl) and I can't ascend her as the drop required is from level 50 Electro Hypostasis only.

My main party is as below:
Fiscl (lvl 40)
Sucrose (lvl 40)
Barbara (lvl 20)
Noelle (lvl 20)

After this world level upgrade, enemies are dealing a lot of damage. I am not sure what's the best way to proceed now. Any recommendations? I haven't done any domains or the Abyss either. I was thinking of getting Xiangling from Abyss 3-3? Is that feasible?
By the way, don't forget this exists. Yeah it isn't much. But still.

Try to build Noelle to 40. Put as much def on her as possible. Maybe forge a DEF Claymore for her if you have a free prototype. That will help you with a hard hitting enemies.

Domains? Hm. Farm some for some low level arts for your electric Raven maybe. But other than that... I see no point in heavy farming low level domains. Abyss? I dunno. Try it and look how it will go for you. Your best bet rn is to pull for Klee hah.
Word of warning... he's a Klee-Noelle fanboy. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

LOLCats

Banned
Ning's damage is mainly geo so get a geo damage cup asap for her. You can give Lost prayer to Klee and give Ning a Solar Pearl (if you have one or plan to get BP). At higher levels CR-CD stat outperforms attack stat.

You have hilariously low Crit Rate and Crit DMG. Ning C6 deserves better. Give her any Geo Goblet (preferably with some crits lol) and use other 4 arts for set building. Actually with such low Crits you should forget about set bonuses and work on farming some Crit artifacts lol.
you know I had her stacked with critrate/crit damage at ~50/100.. I felt like I was getting more burst damage with high attack, she mostly rolls with Ganyu as a burst dps. about 18k damage per jade screen rip. ultimate is ~5500 per rock, so about 30k damage per ult i guess.

also ive been a little disheartened with artifact farming and kinda stopped for now... i cant tell you how many DEF main stats ive gotten recently, but its off the charts.

ive been running klee with r4 widsth.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

Exentryk Exentryk , Skyrider Greatsword is by far the best 3 stars claymore in the game. You should rank him at lvl 5 rank. If you think you're ready to advance in the weapon question, keep in mind that 4 stars and 5 stars weapons require a loads of exp in comparison with 3 stars weapons, so be advice.

You have 4 stars prototype weapons that maybe suit your needs. Snow-Tombed Starsilver is IMO the best weapon for Chongyu. As soon as you head to Dragonspin, you try some tutos for pick him.

You can either trying to farm prototypes by luck into the week bosses, or try your luck again with wishes. 5 stars you only pick at wish.

LOLCats

Banned
Exentryk Exentryk , Skyrider Greatsword is by far the best 3 stars claymore in the game. You should rank him at lvl 5 rank. If you think you're ready to advance in the weapon question, keep in mind that 4 stars and 5 stars weapons require a loads of exp in comparison with 3 stars weapons, so be advice.

You have 4 stars prototype weapons that maybe suit your needs. Snow-Tombed Starsilver is IMO the best weapon for Chongyu. As soon as you head to Dragonspin, you try some tutos for pick him.

You can either trying to farm prototypes by luck into the week bosses, or try your luck again with wishes. 5 stars you only pick at wish.
yep free claymore in dragonspine is not bad, running it on eula.

also Exentryk Exentryk this event comes with free prototype of your choice, so make sure to do that.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
So, today I somehow manage to beat abysm 12 after a couple of times. Gotta say, I take away everything I said about Diona(if I ever said), she basically save my day. Never though I would beat the spyral, although I believe the enemies there weren't hitting that hard.

YMMaGJY.jpg

Last edited:

Exentryk

Thanks for the all the comments. I do have a claymore billet, and the custom billet from this event. So should be able to craft a Whiteblind for Noelle easily, and save that custom billet for the future. I tried to go to Dragonspine, but the enemies there were level 47, and were hitting really hard. Also couldn't progress due to that special ice, so need to figure out how to get past. Will try this zone out once I've upgraded the characters as per your guidance.

Appreciate all the comments. Thank you.

Edit: Fuz Fuz - Wow, that link giving free stuff is awesome. Wonder why that isn't just part of the game lol. Got 100 primos for logging in the first time. Cheers.

Last edited:

Pejo

So it looks like we need not only the new purple ore chunks but also regular prototypes to make the new Inazuma 4* weapons, so if you still haven't spent your free event selector, might want to hold on to it for the new weapons:

stvbhv37vn571.png

YukiOnna

So it looks like we need not only the new purple ore chunks but also regular prototypes to make the new Inazuma 4* weapons, so if you still haven't spent your free event selector, might want to hold on to it for the new weapons:

stvbhv37vn571.png
Thank god I didn't use it yet.

Lupingosei

Banned
Why? Even if they are good, any old stuff R5 still will be better. Yes, you can create another 4star weapon, but it is not like you don't already have tons of them and they are getting really good on R5.

So i rather invest in what I already have instead of waiting to create another R1 maybe R2 4star weapon.

Fuz

Banned
Some interesting leaks:

Mystic Offering

You can place three 5* artifacts for a chance to receive one random 5* from a set of your choice, including:

• Gladiator's Finale
  • Wanderer's Troupe
  • Bloodstained Chivalry
  • Noblesse Oblige
OP didn't clarify if you could use any 5* artifacts or only these four sets.

source

Ayaka

(this is the OP's experience playing these characters)

• Her dash is even faster than Mona's. It uses less stamina and has more (invincibility) frames than normal dashes.
  • The new sword + freeze team is incredible at freezing enemies.
Yoimiya

For Yoimiya fans, the new bow 5* and an overload comp is extremely strong with her. I've seen her hit 50-60k per autos. Team comp is looking to be Yoimiya, Fischl, Bennett, and Venti/Kazuha/Sucrose.

For a non whale build she was hitting 20k-25k with Rust r5.

To further clarify how this damage is calculated, Yoimiya is proccing overload with Bennett's burst with Fischl's Oz helping. She can easily damage enemies in Venti's burst. (in my opinion) It's probably one of the most fun characters.

source

> For Yoimiya fans, the new bow 5* and an overload comp is extremely strong with her

You don't say.

> For a non whale build she was hitting 20k-25k with Rust r5.

Rust R5. Non whale.
Sylvester Stallone Facepalm GIF

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Yoimiya

For Yoimiya fans, the new bow 5* and an overload comp is extremely strong with her. I've seen her hit 50-60k per autos. Team comp is looking to be Yoimiya, Fischl, Bennett, and Venti/Kazuha/Sucrose.

For a non whale build she was hitting 20k-25k with Rust r5.

To further clarify how this damage is calculated, Yoimiya is proccing overload with Bennett's burst with Fischl's Oz helping. She can easily damage enemies in Venti's burst. (in my opinion) It's probably one of the most fun characters
Wow, R6 5☆ with R5 4☆ weapon and help from 3 supporting characters deals some good damage? No way. You don't say. These "leaks" are just sad at this point.

crumbs

I'm curious how many prototypes everyone's pulled so far. I've been playing since launch and have the following:

Bow - Total of 2 (second one was from the current Klee event) - Both used on R2 Prototype Crescent
Sword - Total of 5, 3 Available, 1 used on Prototype Rancour, 1 used on Iron Sting.
Polearm - Total of 4, 3 available, 1 used on Dragonspine Spear (from the Dragonspine Tree)
Claymore - Total of 6 , 4 available, 2 used on a R2 Prototype Archaic
Catalyst - Total of 5, 3 available, 2 used on R2 Prototype Amber

Feels like the drop rate has maybe increased a bit since 1.4, but it's still pretty bad. If I remember correctly, you can buy the first bow prototype from one the shops, so that means that in all these months of playing, I've never has a boss drop a bow prototype :messenger_neutral:

Last edited:

Exentryk

Well, that was anticlimactic, lol!
Haha yeah, but I liked it.

The battles with those bombs were pretty clumsy though. They had a cooldown, and you had to re-arm them every time via LB+B before firing. Also, you could only equip one bomb even though there are 3 other buttons free apart from B on the shortcut menu.

Really clumsy all around.

Anyway, all shops cleaned out and the event stuff is all done. Guessing we won't be getting anything else for the next 20 days?

Top Bottom