• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

LOLCats

Banned
Thanks Pejo Pejo i joined and finally finished that chapter in the teapot book. nice setup you have, i saw noelle and she said she "was going to wash-up for me." haha

i also updated my teapot settings, feel free to come over. though, i havnt done much yet.

.. also really loving this exploration in the release. Interesting and surprising to me that such a great map is limited to just one version and time.. maybe based on the dragonspine feedback. I mean everyone finished the whole dragonspine area during the release event, which is not available to new players. Idk.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I don't think it's that surprising. It's just similar to an annual Summer event and they'll probably update it each year when they bring it back, which is like other mobage.

Last edited:

Ladioss

I would really like to see more pirates, treasure maps, voodoo, three-headed monkeys and another pirate queen who is a rival of Beidou and who has come to challenge her for the updated event next year. Maybe she could be a ghost and kidnap Traveller too ? :3

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Maybe she could be a ghost and kidnap Traveller too ? :3
I think that in the current setting no one can hurt or stop Traveler, so I doubt that we will get a bootleg version of Pirates of the Caribbean lol Maybe a ghost will kidnap Barbie. That's quite possible hah.

BlackM1st

Banned
Finally cleared the archipelago. Was fun while it lasted. Did all the puzzles, some went smoothly, some no so much, but in the end I managed. Missed 1 mural. The most obvious one which was located in the open on one of the small central islands. Same happened with the big "upside down" puzzle. Somehow I couldn't find the anemo mechanism for 10 minutes lol

I guess there's some truth to the words that sometimes men miss the most visible and in your face objects while noticing small and obscure details haha.

In the end, I enjoyed my time in archipelago and would gladly spend more time in there. Archipelago > Chinese mountains.

Ladioss

I think that in the current setting no one can hurt or stop Traveler, so I doubt that we will get a bootleg version of Pirates of the Caribbean lol Maybe a ghost will kidnap Barbie. That's quite possible hah.
Traveller is the mortal, weakened half of a divine emanation. Being emprisonned/restricted/constrained is his whole mythological shtick.

Finally cleared the archipelago. Was fun while it lasted. Did all the puzzles, some went smoothly, some no so much, but in the end I managed. Missed 1 mural. The most obvious one which was located in the open on one of the small central islands. Same happened with the big "upside down" puzzle. Somehow I couldn't find the anemo mechanism for 10 minutes lol

I solved that puzzle without using the mechanism and just used bow characters. Later realized that the mechanism was there for the puzzles.

Pejo

Traveller is the mortal, weakened half of a divine emanation. Being emprisonned/restricted/constrained is his whole mythological shtick.
Can you expand on this? I'm a big lore nerd and I don't know what you're talking about.

Speaking of lore...

What do you guys think about the islands ability to raise/lower? At first I thought it was just a mechanic to hide the islands, but I don't think that's its purpose anymore. To me, it feels like this is a continuation of the fact that we are actually underground, and everything that goes down actually goes "up" in the real world. The big island at the center bottom of the map has a ton of stuff on the under side of the geography, so it would stand to reason that it was originally built in the other direction. When we destroyed those plugs on the 2nd day of the event to raise the islands, it seems likely that they were actually supports to keep the islands "up" on the other side. Part of me wonders if the "original" people that got stuck on the islands (not the Inazuma crowd that got there by boat with the samurai doll), were from the other "world" as in the upside down world.

This also fits in with the current lore of the abyss, and that Fischl/Mona event, where they tell us that the abyss entrance used to be the highest mountain in Teyvat. Now it's at sea level. It also circles back around to wondering if we're actually in hell since all of the archons have demon names (and Paimon), which would also make Celestia the absolute lowest point in all of Teyvat, and make the Abyss Order the closest to the "real" surface. It would also provide an explanation of why Scaramouche said that the stars are fake, although we still don't know what they actually are.

It's still shitty that they're putting all of this lore behind missable and temporary events like the Fischl/Mona one.

Ladioss

Can you expand on this? I'm a big lore nerd and I don't know what you're talking about.
One of the major fan-theory out there is that the Genshin setting is heavily based on gnosticism - more specifically Valentinian gnosticism. Aether/Lumine looks suspiciouly like a syzygy, a male/female pairing of two aeons (the heavenly archetypal projections derived from the one, ineffable God - the silent, eternal unity at the center of Pleroma) who end up stripped of their powers by a false divinity and stuck in the base world of physical matter from which they must escape.

Last edited:

Pejo

So general beta feeling amongst the testers are that Inazuma is great, lots to see and do, but there is HEAVY progress and time gating to prevent people from sweeping through the area. Expect very slow progress through a number of different metrics in Inazuma.

That said, they also mentioned that there are a ton of underground areas, so it's actually bigger than it looks on a map, which is what I was worried about.

Also, there's a DoT world damage mechanic that does damage even through shields. Sorry JohnLee.
One of the major fan-theory out there is that the Genshin setting is heavily based on gnosticism - more specifically Valentinian gnosticism. Aether/Lumine looks suspiciouly like a syzygy, a male/female pairing of two aeons (the heavenly archetypal projections derived from the one, ineffable God) who end up stripped of their powers by a false divinity and stuck in the base world of physical matter from which they must escape.
Thanks, looks like I have some reading to do.

Last edited:

Fake

I would expect water palaces, because this event have some tons more like Zelda/Nino underwater palaces.

Pejo

Have any of you guys found something relevant with the island in the top left that has all the water animals on it? I tried finding and killing them all, but nothing happened.

Fake

Have any of you guys found something relevant with the island in the top left that has all the water animals on it? I tried finding and killing them all, but nothing happened.

Killed all too, nothing happens. I trying to solve the music quest.

BlackM1st

Banned
So, um... after today's Square Enix showing it's safe to say that GI still has nothing to worry about lmao Goddamn Square, what r u doing...

dr evil work GIF

Last edited:
Yea, the "culling the weak" thing was one of the coolest part of her kit in beta. If you did her dash/ground dive thing near an almost dead enemy, she would pop out and do a dash strike to end them, it looked cool as fuck.

I feel seriously bad for Ayaka fans. Not even waifu lovers made it through, she got safety shorts, not even attractive ones.

Pejo

I skimmed a few videos of him and yeah, he kinda sounds like a shill.
No way man, it's just that every single new character CHANGES EVERYTHING and is better than the last.

That said, he does have good info, but i wish he'd just post his .txt file that he always reads off of so I could skip all of the hyperbole.

Pejo

Is this a desexualization thing? Look at the summer skin, they're not near as possible as a proper beach suit.
With Ganyu's design, you'd have to wonder if it's really a big deal to show the skinsuit covered boobs, but here we are. If it's a purposeful design decision, why make it look so rectangular and awkward.

Fake

With Ganyu's design, you'd have to wonder if it's really a big deal to show the skinsuit covered boobs, but here we are. If it's a purposeful design decision, why make it look so rectangular and awkward.

Ganyu design was before summer skin show. If I would guess, someone inside the company is trying to put less sexual designs on purpose.

BlackM1st

Banned
Looks like the Samurai is a world boss after all
Yep, not a weekly one unfortunately. I liked him. I mean he went down in flames almost immediately... But that's how I like my bosses tbh.

Did all the challenges in one go. Tried 3 times. On my 3rd attempt I used only Geo Lord and Noelle. Only normal attacks.No ultimates. Only once I used Noelle's ultimate because I had absolutely no energy regeneration lmao

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm not sure what the "mask attacks" are, for the challenges.
Probably when he pushes "complete" mask in front of himself. I'm not sure myself, that's why I just put 2 shields and hit him with a stick till he died lol Took me awhile, but my "purist" approach worked xD

Fake

I'm not sure what the "mask attacks" are, for the challenges.

Mask ranged attack (the mask try to close at you) and when the mask protect him and them him attack foward in line.

Is pretty easy. I already did.

Last edited:

crumbs

I'm trying to figure out the next banner to pull on since I'm skipping the 1.6 banners.

I was leaning toward Yoimiya (I like design), but now that more of her kit has leaked, I'm not so sure. Her trial will be important to get a feel for her kit. For example, her burst will do a lot of AOE pyro damage, but the enemy tagging sounds kinda finicky (how does it choose which enemy gets tagged?). Plus you need to switch out to another character to trigger the explosions on the tagged enemy. I like the idea of off field pryo application, but I wish there was a way to pick which enemy gets tagged.

Another interesting part of her kit is the homing arrows on her 2nd charge shot level, but if the leaked numbers are right, the homing arrows don't do that much damage. Plus both levels of her charged shots go away during her skill (pyro infusion).

I get the impression she will have a somewhat limited playstyle: Activate skill and auto attack until skills end, activate burst and leave the field so another character can finish using the burst's "tagged enemy" feature. I guess Yoimiya trial will be revealing.

Fuz

Banned
I'm trying to figure out the next banner to pull on since I'm skipping the 1.6 banners.

I was leaning toward Yoimiya (I like design), but now that more of her kit has leaked, I'm not so sure. Her trial will be important to get a feel for her kit. For example, her burst will do a lot of AOE pyro damage, but the enemy tagging sounds kinda finicky (how does it choose which enemy gets tagged?). Plus you need to switch out to another character to trigger the explosions on the tagged enemy. I like the idea of off field pryo application, but I wish there was a way to pick which enemy gets tagged.

Another interesting part of her kit is the homing arrows on her 2nd charge shot level, but if the leaked numbers are right, the homing arrows don't do that much damage. Plus both levels of her charged shots go away during her skill (pyro infusion).

I get the impression she will have a somewhat limited playstyle: Activate skill and auto attack until skills end, activate burst and leave the field so another character can finish using the burst's "tagged enemy" feature. I guess Yoimiya trial will be revealing.
Got the same doubts. I like her design (I mean... in the context of GI) but her kit looks like ass.

Just saw a video about "bait before anni" which is apprently a well-known thing in gacha games. It argues that the Inazuma characters were revealed early to get people excited. They'd spend all their resources on those banners, and have nothing left when the anniversary event happens (which lines up quite well if you give each currently known character 3 weeks on the banner). This event would not only introduce amazing new characters, but also sales in the stores, to push people to spend real money. Sounds plausible to me.

Fake

They need to focus on make more criativity ways of interact with elemental skill/burst, or else will be repetitive char kit.

edit: For the fireworks design, they could think a very better way of using fireworks instead of 1,5 sec animation.

Last edited:

Pejo

If you tried/play Tartaglia, she's basically him but her imbue isn't melee mode, and that caveat that you mentioned with her DoT only exploding when she's off field. Depending on how it chooses a mark, you're right, that could suck. I was under the impression that it would mark all targets, but after re-reading it, that's not the case. Her burst being at 80 energy is kinda shitty now that I know it doesn't mark multiple targets. The initial AoE damage from the burst is relatively small, especially for a 5*. I think it was like ~300% damage at level 15, which is nothing by Burst standards. The big damage all comes from the mini explosions that are roughly the same multiplier at 2 second intervals, which is a ton of damage over a very short window. Seems really strong for bosses.

I'm still excited about her, but I'm curious to use her in the trial. I know that we're going to get stupid waterboi on her team for the trial because that's what they do for almost every fucking pyro character. Wish it was Tart so I could see how they actually work together before rolling. I want to see how Vaporize works with her explosion. It sounds like it's only going to work in a reverse vape when the explosion goes off. Seems Cryo will be her better partner for the full 2x damage of Cryo->Pyro melt. That unfortunately means you need to give her EM/ATK/CRT which will make her energy recharge abysmal. She's going to be a pain to gear.

BlackM1st

Banned

She will be able to replace Klee in my Cocogoat team, but I'm not sure that it's worthy of my primogems as Klee has an insane utility. Maybe. We'll see, but I highly doubt that we will get a proper trial. EULA had slimes. SLIMES! LOL

BlackM1st

Banned
Just saw a video about "bait before anni" which is apprently a well-known thing in gacha games. It argues that the Inazuma characters were revealed early to get people excited. They'd spend all their resources on those banners, and have nothing left when the anniversary event happens (which lines up quite well if you give each currently known character 3 weeks on the banner). This event would not only introduce amazing new characters, but also sales in the stores, to push people to spend real money. Sounds plausible to me.
I wish I saved my blue wishes instead of getting C1 Mona, but other than that... My primogems are piling up since Geo Lord's rerun and random x30 EULA pulls that gave me nothing of value. I'm on 50/50 so I need to be extra careful with who I'm going for.

After Inazuma's patch we will get a Xiao and Cocogoat rerun, after that it's probably Baal and that shrine maiden.

Or maybe MiHoYo will make all the 12yo girls happy and release electric boi in a giant hat and that furry Sonic-lite trash.

Either way except for Baal I see absolutely no "must have" characters on a horizon if you even can call a 3 month perspective a "Horizon" lol So I would prefer MiHo to have a grand anniversary event but I just don't see it happening especially after that lunar new year event lol

In general I'm not seeing many strong 5☆ that should replace some 4☆ from meta. Why we still didn't got a water boi or Bennett replacements? Mona is great, but it's not the same...

Top Bottom