• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Woof, they did her dirty. How, why? Damn, Inazuma looked amazing at the distance, but closer it gets, better I see that we waited for mediocrity lmao

That Sucks The Office GIF

Remove her "culling the weak" ability? Burst is 80? So what does she has now? "Press ○ 5 times for awesome"? Groan. YMY is another hectic character who can't do shit on her own without constant switching and skill juggling. Bah.
Yea, the "culling the weak" thing was one of the coolest part of her kit in beta. If you did her dash/ground dive thing near an almost dead enemy, she would pop out and do a dash strike to end them, it looked cool as fuck.

I feel seriously bad for Ayaka fans. Not even waifu lovers made it through, she got safety shorts, not even attractive ones.

Pejo

Just saw this pointed out. Look at Amber's default outfit's name:

z9v5cqrlfk471.jpg

Hint? I certainly hope so. It's also fun that there are 5 stars in the image.

Aenima

Damn, they went all in with content for the islands. Side quests, lots of challenges, lots of secrets, lots of treasure chests and some very well tough puzzles. So far managed to solve all puzzles without help and solving the one with the 5 music notes without help was super satisfying.

Still have no idea what to do about the big water bubble covering one of the islands, but still havent explored every island so hope to find a hint on how to solve it somewhere.

By far my favorite update yet.

Pejo

Did Ayaka dash infused with cryo before?
Yea. it's not very long though, 5s I think. I was looking at her animations, and it seems like they increased the speed/reduced the animation frames from when she goes underground and when she pops back up again.

BlackM1st

Banned
they increased the speed/reduced the animation frames from when she goes underground and when she pops back up again.
Yeah, definitely. But at what cost? I think her nerfs kinda confirmed that after her banner she will be moved the standard one. Bad news IMO as there less chance that MiHo would buff/change standard heroes.

Pejo

Yeah, definitely. But at what cost? I think her nerfs kinda confirmed that after her banner she will be moved the standard one. Bad news IMO as there less chance that MiHo would buff/change standard heroes.
Well Diluc and Jean are both in standard banners, and they're still near top tier for their respective roles in the game. But yea, everything we've seen about Ayaka recently is bad news. Her multipliers got a boost, but all the soul/uniqueness of her character is gone now. I also find it funny that leakers are showing her C2 Burst exclusively. People are going to be really disappointed when they roll for her and get just the single fan puff down the middle.

LOLCats

Banned
Pejo Pejo whats your uid, need to buy from someones teapot, if you dont mind. I know it's in this thread, but its prolly dozens of pages back by now.

Fuz

Banned
I've found 2 stone totems in the northwest isle (three peaks, west from Twinning), but destroying them haven't had any effect... anybody found a third?

Aenima

I've found 2 stone totems in the northwest isle (three peaks, west from Twinning), but destroying them haven't had any effect... anybody found a third?
Is it a tiny island with just the 2 stone pillars? Cuz i found a tiny island with 2 then close to that island was another tiny island with another 2. Destroying the 4 spawned the treasure chest.

LOLCats

Banned
you in NA? share uid, need to go inside your teapot lol. cmon man let me in your teapot

Last edited:

Pejo

Pejo Pejo whats your uid, need to buy from someones teapot, if you dont mind. I know it's in this thread, but its prolly dozens of pages back by now.

So I have been playing for hours, had a blast in the islands. I think I have all of the available conches, 28, and got Barbie's costume. I cleared out all of the obvious chests too. So good.

*edit*

Boy that stone pillar/water pond puzzle sure was obtuse. I didn't find the relevant mural until pissing with the water levels and order of the stones for like a solid hour.

I hope they tie in the conch/mural stories to the rest of the event. After doing everything currently available, I kinda get the big picture of what went down, but it'd be nice to tie it in to the game characters in some way.

I still hope that
Alice, Klee's mom, likely the mastermind of this event, was one of the one of the survivors. It would put a nice bow on the event when it ends.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
So far, sales wise EULA > Klee's rerun.

Klee is just a little higher than Tart's rerun and lower than Geo Lord's rerun. While EULA is bigger than both reruns combined.

Ladioss

The power of tango videos, they need to systematize it for all future characters.

By far my favorite update yet.
They are definitely getting better at crafting puzzles, I'm really curious to see how much they will have progressed in 3-4 updates...

BlackM1st

Banned
The power of tango videos, they need to systematize it for all future characters.
Otaku Jun GIF by Jin

The power of waifu... Shameless, lol Still, don't get me wrong, I'm all for beautiful women and powerful heroes. If only her utility was at least on par with Kaeya lmao.

I wonder what will happen to Ayaka now. Plus, YMY looks like a fan favorite design wise while not being broken power wise. Betting on banner sales is more exciting than gambling lol

Fuz

Banned
Is it a tiny island with just the 2 stone pillars? Cuz i found a tiny island with 2 then close to that island was another tiny island with another 2. Destroying the 4 spawned the treasure chest.
Damn, can't find the other one. :messenger_pouting: Edit: Found them. Stupid pop-in.
you in NA? share uid, need to go inside your teapot lol. cmon man let me in your teapot
EU

Last edited:

Pejo

Did they announce price yet? I'm guessing $220+ for all the small detail. It definitely looks great though. If I were a Ning man, I'd be tempted.

Amber and Eula are the only ones that would get me to buy a fig, currently.
So far, sales wise EULA > Klee's rerun.

Klee is just a little higher than Tart's rerun and lower than Geo Lord's rerun. While EULA is bigger than both reruns combined.
You'd have to assume that the Inazuma character leaks pretty much killed the Klee rerun. I'm sure most people are saving for the new hotness, whether it's Kazuha/Yoimiya/Ayaka/etc. With that taken into account, her banner didn't do all that bad.

Fuz

Banned
Quick reminder that this exists, and you can mark what you've already found.

Edit: SON OF A BITCH they added the chests TODAY 😑

Last edited:

crumbs

You'd have to assume that the Inazuma character leaks pretty much killed the Klee rerun. I'm sure most people are saving for the new hotness, whether it's Kazuha/Yoimiya/Ayaka/etc. With that taken into account, her banner didn't do all that bad.

Agreed, the leaks probably had a big effect. Also, wasn't Klee's first banner one of the top sellers? I wonder how many players already have her, but would prefer to save primos for the new heroes rather than chase constellations?

The only people rolling for Klee would be F2P who missed out on her the first time, and new players who don't care about Inazuma or don't know about it. I get the vibe people don't value Klee constellations much either. No wonder the banner is not that popular. Still, it's free money they're making without building anything new.

BlackM1st

Banned
Also, wasn't Klee's first banner one of the top sellers?
She was and still is THE top seller. By far. Close to her original banner is only Venti's re-run. They're kinda exchanged sales records, hah. First Venti's banner was miserable, while second one almost beat Klee's.

crumbs

I'm not pulling on her C1 because despite being a strong and direct upgrade it can unintentionally fuck up your reactions setup.

I wonder if the devs would ever give the option to toggle constellations on/off? I've been thinking about this since my Bennett is C5 and his C6 is infamous for it's pyro infusion. It would be irritating to pull him again and never activate the last constellation.

Edit: If Klee's C2 had been her first constellation instead, I probably would have been pulling for her again.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Been enjoying the islands with its various puzzles and activities. Got 28 conches and 2000 of that flotsam, so all good on that front. Got a few puzzles still to be solved on the islands.

In terms of characters, I did another 20 pull on the Klee banner and got Xingqiu on the first 10, and then a few more on the second 10 (see image below lol).

Fiscl is amazing btw. She has replaced my Lisa and Traveler, and has now become my dps. Oz rules! Current party is Fiscl, Sucrose, Barbara, Noelle/Amber. I generally keep Noelle around when exploring, but when I need more dps, I switch to Amber. Would be amazing if I can get Klee.

Anyway, having a great time!

Pejo

Been enjoying the islands with its various puzzles and activities. Got 28 conches and 2000 of that flotsam, so all good on that front. Got a few puzzles still to be solved on the islands.

In terms of characters, I did another 20 pull on the Klee banner and got Xingqiu on the first 10, and then a few more on the second 10 (see image below lol).

Fiscl is amazing btw. She has replaced my Lisa and Traveler, and has now become my dps. Oz rules! Current party is Fiscl, Sucrose, Barbara, Noelle/Amber. I generally keep Noelle around when exploring, but when I need more dps, I switch to Amber. Would be amazing if I can get Klee.

Anyway, having a great time!
Fischl is the ideal support, as far as I'm concerned. I've been waiting for a Pyro Fischl for quite a while now, still nothing in sight. She only gets better as you get more of her constellations. Some people still use her as a main dps too (her new 4* bow in the weapons banner is perfect for this role), though there are a lot of problems with using bow auto-attackers in endgame. (no AoE, no hitstun on enemies, etc).

BlackM1st

Banned
though there are a lot of problems with using bow auto-attackers in endgame. (no AoE, no hitstun on enemies, etc).
And yet, C1 YMY here you go! LOL

Damn, Inazuma looked so great on paper, before I read all the small text below the beautiful art... People who avoid "hero spoilers" are in some rude awakening. Poor bastards.

What I really hate is how so called YT influencers already make YMY sound like a HuTao/Cocogoat mix with people going crazy in the comments without realizing that her numbers nowhere near theirs + she doesn't have any means of protecting herself so she's heavily relying on your tanks giving her constant shields.

Cocogoat's flower skill look like a minor thing, but in reality it's a gamechanger for her. And Cocogoat is actually a long range hero while YMY is close to mid range, so you either give her a shield or you will have a bad time.

Fischl is the ideal support, as far as I'm concerned.
More like her Electric Raven is the perfect companion hah

Fiscl is amazing btw.
Word. Keep throwing primogems onto Klee's banner and hopefully you will get her and some constellations for Electric Raven.

Fake

Auto attack in this game is a real problem, they really need to add manual lock target because those mages with that fucking minions are the worst.

Fuz

Banned
Auto attack in this game is a real problem, they really need to add manual lock target because those mages with that fucking minions are the worst.
There's nothing I hate more than casting a burst at the enemy 20cm right in front of me and seeing it shot at a random hilichurl 5 meters behind.

Pejo

i added you as friend if you can accept, gracias.
Got it. Btw, if you change your teapot settings so that people can join without approval, I can go in and speed up your crafting furniture once a day. The setting is in the map when you're in the teapot, if I recall. I already try to do this for the other GAF-ites that I'm friends with, but other than Fake Fake nobody is ever crafting anything anymore.

Also, I'm not sure if many of you got these, there are at least 2 hidden chests upside down on the under side of pillars in the bottom center island, ground floor. You have to collect the wind wispy things to get updrafted to the pillars and then you see a treasure chest prompt.

I took this screenshot to assist - the little stumpy pillar on the ceiling in the center had a chest on it.
XjFxDWD.jpg

I really like these little boat race/time trial things. I've gotten gold the first time on each one, but like others have said, it sucks that this area is limited. They could be easily adding weekly optional stuff for us to do, like a new one of the boat time trials once a week or something. Golden opportunity squandered.

Fake

I crafting for get gifts from the waifus. BTW, putting into your teapot increase their friendship. About time.

Top Bottom