• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

I've got 8 Acquaint Fates (not sure where from), but I wanted to know if I can convert these to Intertwined fates so I can pull from the limited banner?
Also, if I can't convert these, is it better to wait till 10 fates total to pull vs doing them one by one, or say 8 of them at one time and then 2 later. Will I still that benefit of a 4 star every 10 wishes (regardless of if I pull in one go or individually)?

Depends if you're close to pity. If you around 70, maybe it's a good idea so save some pulls and go with 1 by 1. If you're faraway from pity... Well, pull with what you got and hope for the best hah

Yep. Around 70 you hit the "soft pity" which greatly increases your chance of a five star. I think the same thing happens with four stars around wish 7 out of 10. In that situation, if you don't get it in 8 or 9, you are guaranteed a four star drop at 10. With five stars, 90 is the guaranteed drop, but you still only have a 50 percent chance of getting the limited featured promo banner character. If you don't get the featured character at 90, you're guaranteed the character at 180.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
? People can enter your world without permission? Some stranger came into mine.
Check your options.

I think it's F2 menu, can't check now because I'm not in game.

EDIT: Yep, it's F2 menu. Check "world permission". It's separate from the teapot.

New codes, no primos, just some free mid-grade xp books and mora.

GENSHINEPIC
GENSHINGALAXY
Cheap bastards.

Last edited:

Exentryk

Thanks for the info.

On another note, I completed Klee's quest. After trying her out, yeah, she is really explosive and fun to use. The elemental skill that leaves mines around is pretty great! And the burst with laser is amazing too! Would be great if I could pull her (but I since I want her I'm sure I won't).

Fake

gMCsQNq.png

Got Klee today. FUCKING FINALLY.

Since they're listening to you, tell them that Jean's summer outfit sucks.

I'm the chosen one.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I finished the first day by getting the 2000 "Shiny Flotsam" which is all you need to buy all the items that needs the "shiny Flotsam" for exchange.

But I am only able to get 5 "Echoing Conches". I am guessing you need to wait until the other days are unlocked to probably get access to land that has all the "Echoing Conches", correct?
As the time-gating passes, the islands are going to rise up out of the water revealing more land and collectibles. 5 is all that I've found in the current available land too. Nothing we can do now but wait.

Regarding our characters in the teapot, I hope they eventually have them at least walk around like NPCs. It's kinda creepy that they just stand there motionless until you talk to them. Another half-baked idea, but at least they are doing something with it I guess.

*edit*

Lisa birthday art (official).

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I was expecting to get Sacarose too, but I'm fine with 2 Fishlz. Now I have her with max constelation.

Also, gonna take a time to build specific outdoor sets. But overall, I already have all characters I want. Just deciding which one I'm gonna keep inside.

Last edited:

Pejo

I was expecting to get Sacarose too, but I'm fine with 2 Fishlz. Now I have her with max constelation.

Also, gonna take a time to build specific outdoor sets. But overall, I already have all characters I want. Just decing which one is gonna keep inside.
The load per character is 1200. So keep that in mind while designing rooms. Also they cannot clip into other furniture, so you can't have somebody stand on a stage, or, infuriatingly behind a counter or desk. My dream of receptionist Qiqi is dead.

This is kinda neat...
9x2nrxzit8471.png

It's a fan that will let you give yourself a speed boost while gliding, similar to that skill during that one gliding event, but for use anywhere in the world.

Saber

Gold Member
The load per character is 1200. So keep that in mind while designing rooms. Also they cannot clip into other furniture, so you can't have somebody stand on a stage, or, infuriatingly behind a counter or desk. My dream of receptionist Qiqi is dead.

Don't worry. I'm planning to use only one to stay inside. Though, not many of my characters have inside set bonus.

YukiOnna

Ningguang official fig coming soon. It's going to be expensive.

188me5lg16471.png
Nice. My dumbass is going to collect at least her, Ganyu and Keqing. Still wish that Keqing figure wasn't a garage kit.

Check your options.

I think it's F2 menu, can't check now because I'm not in game.

EDIT: Yep, it's F2 menu. Check "world permission". It's separate from the teapot.
Thanks.

Pejo

Pejo Pejo was your house robbed? It has no furniture in it, just waifus.
We all have to make sacrifices.....

In reality though, I've just been lazy since I unlocked mountain realm. My floating abode realm has all of my furniture placed for the 20k adeptal energy, so I haven't actually gone and purposefully designed the new area. My beach realm is half in shambles too.

Nice. My dumbass is going to collect at least her, Ganyu and Keqing. Still wish that Keqing figure wasn't a garage kit.

Thanks.
Yea the Keqing one is really nice for what it is, i like that she's sitting on her artifact set's Sands. I'm holding out for Eula and of course Amber ever getting an official fig.

Last edited:

Ladioss

New patch seems awfully bugged on my PC : fps drops, quests triggers don't fire, lagging menus... Everybody else is fine ?

Last edited:

crumbs

New patch seems awfully bugged on my PC : fps drops, quests triggers don't fire, lagging menus... Everybody else is fine ?
I didn't play a ton last night, but I didn't have any issues with 1.6.

I haven't had many bugs and I've been playing since launch, but I did have similar issues following the 1.4 update (laggy menus, slow loading, and frequent crash-to-desktop errors). Scan and repair in the GI launcher did not fix it, but reinstalling the game did. Not ideal, but fortunately the game isn't a huge download.

YukiOnna

We all have to make sacrifices.....

In reality though, I've just been lazy since I unlocked mountain realm. My floating abode realm has all of my furniture placed for the 20k adeptal energy, so I haven't actually gone and purposefully designed the new area. My beach realm is half in shambles too.

Yea the Keqing one is really nice for what it is, i like that she's sitting on her artifact set's Sands. I'm holding out for Eula and of course Amber ever getting an official fig.
Believe. I want an Amber one, too...

Ladioss

I haven't had many bugs and I've been playing since launch, but I did have similar issues following the 1.4 update (laggy menus, slow loading, and frequent crash-to-desktop errors). Scan and repair in the GI launcher did not fix it, but reinstalling the game did. Not ideal, but fortunately the game isn't a huge download.
Yeah scan & repair didn't do an,ything for me. I will try reinstalling the game, then.
Thanks for the tip !

Pejo

oi2za5uo67471.png

*edit*

I just figured out that you have to go into the teapot collection menu (where you get your realm currency) and hit a button (R3 with a controller) to actually get your character Friendship points from your deployed teapot characters. For whatever stupid reason it doesn't just give it to them automatically.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
oi2za5uo67471.png

*edit*

I just figured out that you have to go into the teapot collection menu (where you get your realm currency) and hit a button (R3 with a controller) to actually get your character Friendship points from your deployed teapot characters. For whatever stupid reason it doesn't just give it to them automatically.
Do you know if we need to have the characters farming friendship in the active realm? Or can I just kick them in my dumpster realm and forget about them?

BlackM1st

Banned
So, was there any meaningful analysis of the Elemental mastery changes or nobody cares and everyone is busy with their waifus inside the teapot?

P.S. Damn lazy Dragon and damn drunkard bard, we could've traveled all around the continent already if they were willing to help us. Instead we go to some random islands.
While to get to Inazuma we need to hire a freaking pirate king... Boo! Lazy Gods are lazy.

Pejo

Do you know if we need to have the characters farming friendship in the active realm? Or can I just kick them in my dumpster realm and forget about them?
I think you need to have the characters set (up to 8) when you "claim" the friendship points. It'd be annoying to keep switching them in and out for your favorites though, so I just have the characters I want to build friendship with in my teapot and then hitting the R3 button gives them the points, I think.

I don't think characters being placed is mandatory to "earn" the points, but I could be wrong, just when you claim them.

So, was there any meaningful analysis of the Elemental mastery changes or nobody cares and everyone is busy with their waifus inside the teapot?

P.S. Damn lazy Dragon and damn drunkard bard, we could've traveled all around the continent already if they were willing to help us. Instead we go to some random islands.
While to get to Inazuma we need to hire a freaking pirate king... Boo! Lazy Gods are lazy.
My Sucrose hits harder, so idk, maybe that's nice? Electro-charged seems stronger. Not like night/day difference but every bit of buff is nice.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I don't think characters being placed is mandatory to "earn" the points, but I could be wrong, just when you claim them.
Then I don't understand at all how the system works.

I must say, I really like how they switched from Breath of the Wild to Wind Waker. Sad it's temporary, I hope they'll do more with this system. I really love Wind Waker.

Pejo

Then I don't understand at all how the system works.

I must say, I really like how they switched from Breath of the Wild to Wind Waker. Sad it's temporary, I hope they'll do more with this system. I really love Wind Waker.
So if you look at the adeptal rank menu, it shows how much energy per hour you earn along with how many "Bounty" points or something like that. I think they meant to write "Bond" points in there and the translator screwed it up, but whatever. I think that "currency" accumulates whether or not you have friends in your realm actively (but again I don't know that and haven't tested it and is probably better to just put your characters in your realm). Regardless, after you have accumulated some "Bounty" points, when you go in to claim your normal realm currency, in the same window there's a button (R3 on console or with a controller) that will let you claim your friendship points to the currently deployed characters.

If you wanted to, you could put your favorite characters (that may be already rank 10 friendship) in your realm to gain the "Bounty" points, then swap in your less than rank 10 characters to claim the friendship points, but that seems like a lot of work.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

All this friendship level talk makes me wish there were better rewards for hitting peak friendship. Sounds like there's more dialog options in the teapot with characters with higher friendship levels, but unique gliders or really anything else would be better than the name card.

BJK

Mihoyo has now weaponized Klee with the event quest. I don’t even like the character, and still felt compelled to do a 10-pull on the banner. (Barbara C7 / dupe & a Sucrose constellation.). Between Ganyu & C6 Ning, I really don’t have much use for a main dps at the moment….not that it’s stopping me from raising up a C2 Yenfei on my friendship grind team.

Wondering if it makes sense to level the event catalyst, since the standard banner has given me both Skyward Atlas & Lost Prayer. Leaning towards no.

Pejo

Mihoyo has now weaponized Klee with the event quest. I don’t even like the character, and still felt compelled to do a 10-pull on the banner. (Barbara C7 / dupe & a Sucrose constellation.). Between Ganyu & C6 Ning, I really don’t have much use for a main dps at the moment….not that it’s stopping me from raising up a C2 Yenfei on my friendship grind team.

Wondering if it makes sense to level the event catalyst, since the standard banner has given me both Skyward Atlas & Lost Prayer. Leaning towards no.
I think the R5 Event Catalyst might be best in slot for Yanfei, but I don't know that anybody has done the math yet. It's really good for free regardless. Plus if it's like past event freebies, it should be double xp to level, which is nice if you have the spare materials.

All this friendship level talk makes me wish there were better rewards for hitting peak friendship. Sounds like there's more dialog options in the teapot with characters with higher friendship levels, but unique gliders or really anything else would be better than the name card.
Totally agree. I'm sure they'll add more uses for friendship (and a higher cap) in time. I wish there was something that happened with it after rank 10 so that it didn't feel like a waste to use your favorite characters. Like if overflow from rank 10 went into even Mora or weekly gifts (similar to how Destiny 2's xp cap overflow gives those shiny engrams). It's fine for now though since I can passively level friendship on characters I don't like/use as much in the teapot. I previously had a whole team of "Friendship farmers" that I would do dailies with and swap to after killing a boss before I claimed the rewards, so I didn't waste the friendship points. It was a hassle but I hate wasting resources like that.

Speaking of, I'm going to start leaving survey feedback that we could use a few more slots for pre-made team comps. We're getting enough characters now that it seems like the right time to give us 2 more slots.

Pejo

Loving this update. House full of waifus and exploring the new islands is great stuff.
Just as long as you're not exploring the islands too fast.

But yea, I agree. Great update so far. It's a shame if the islands really are limited time. I wouldn't mind just cruising around in my boat blasting hilitowers to kill some time.

Also, I kinda wish the boat was a more traditional sailboat, with sailing mechanics involving wind and stuff. Mobile players probably couldn't deal with that though.

Aenima

I just found it bizarre that these devs spend so much time and effort creating these new mechanics, voiced cutscenes and new minigames that after the event are gone, probably to only return next year.

Would be nice if we could still have access to all previous minigames And would love to be able to use this event boat in the main map of the game as well.

BlackM1st

Banned
event are gone, probably to only return next year.
Probably? We had no event re runs yet.

use this event boat in the main map of the game as well.
It sucks. I would prefer Beidou's ship. Little boat is too slow for the open sea.

Possibly good news for PSbros

All I care is if I would be able to do dailies while I'm away from PS5. PS exclusive items are pointless anyway.

Pejo

Probably? We had no event re runs yet.

It sucks. I would prefer Beidou's ship. Little boat is too slow for the open sea.

All I care is if I would be able to do dailies while I'm away from PS5. PS exclusive items are pointless anyway.
I wouldn't mind getting those wings and sword for lore reasons on my account. Sadly, it doesn't seem to be in the cards. Maybe Sony has a 1 year timed exclusivity on it per their usual bullshit.

Fake

If they truly made it that far away, I guess you can only travel to it by teleport. That could mean the main map is getting too big, and the new area need some loading time?

We already discuss that. Probably by Beidu help, in the same way the new char escape from there.

Pejo

Downloading the EGS version of GI now. Anyone try this yet to see what you get for playing that version on PC?
No offense, but I wouldn't download EGS version on my mortal enemy's computer. Nothing they give you could make it worth it.
We already discuss that. Probably by Beidu help, in the same way the new char escape from there.
Yea the story goes
Beidou hosts a contest in this patch for a vision, then Kazuha joins/is already a part of her crew and together they guide us to Inazuma in 1.7 on her ship.
Afterwards I'm sure we'll be able to teleport there and back.

BlackM1st

Banned
Anyone try this yet to see what you get for playing that version on PC?
Nothing. You're downloading the very same official MiHo launcher and play the same game.

That could mean the main map is getting too big, and the new area need some loading time?
Maybe because of the phones. We will travel there via cutscene probably, just like we did to the archipelago and will be dropped near the closest teleport as usual. Shame. As I really enjoyed my travel from the first city to the second one. Felt like a genuine adventure.

Aaaaanyway....Speaking about dem golden apples event. Thank fuck I decided to enter the event store before I went completely insane. Turns out I had far more points than needed to clear the entire store already. I was sure that new points of interest would stop appearing after I will clear em all. Nope. They are infinitely respawn no matter how many of them you destroyed or how many store currency you have. Who's bright idea it was? Anyway, I just wanna hug and send some rays of support to the poor people who doesn't have Cocogoat at their disposal. I would went insane doing this event via boat or with someone like EULA for example. Nah. Fuck dat noise. Cocogoat continues to be an enormous value, just jump out from your boat to the middle/highest platform and bombard your enemies standing in 1 spot point 'n clicking 'em all to death. On my level she was killing whole groups all in 1 shot. 3 shots were needed to destroy the anemo shields/barrels. So yeah, here's your virtual Cocogoat hug you poor GOATless souls:

A8cuQMF.png

P.S. Another proof that 1 precise tool is all you need to do the job done.

Fuz

Banned
I rather drown them all with Venti. it's funny seeing them sucked downwards and dropped in the sea.

Also, I like the infinite respawn. I've done a few more after clearing shop, just for fun.

BlackM1st

Banned
I rather drown them all with Venti. it's funny seeing them sucked downwards and dropped in the sea.

Also, I like the infinite respawn. I've done a few more after clearing shop, just for fun.
To each his own, but to me you described the very opposite of fun hah.To me being "fun" is being as effective as possible. If enemies doesn't melt in my presence from 1 or 2 shots TO ME it means that I'm doing something wrong/play it wrong hah. It's like that for me in all games, not only in GI.

I'm sorry, but I just can't unsee dem shoulders.
JsH0pFB.jpg

WTF. I hope it's because it's just an unofficial render, not something form the engine itself. I hope lol

Pejo

To each his own, but to me you described the very opposite of fun hah.To me being "fun" is being as effective as possible. If enemies doesn't melt in my presence from 1 or 2 shots TO ME it means that I'm doing something wrong/play it wrong hah. It's like that for me in all games, not only in GI.

I'm sorry, but I just can't unsee dem shoulders.
JsH0pFB.jpg

WTF. I hope it's because it's just an unofficial render, not something form the engine itself. I hope lol
Funny that you mention it, I felt all of her model leaks so far has her in a "slouch". Seems it's programmed into her skeleton. Weird.

Also, I heard you guys like 90% invincible cubular bosses that take longer to kill than necessary by padding it out with easily avoidable attacks during the invulnerability stages. Also, I heard you like farming them repeatedly over and over.
I present Pyrostasis Cube

98vroe61ra471.jpg

Last edited:
If you haven't started already, I'd suggest using your pins in the new island map. Even if you've used most of them on the normal map, the new map gives you 99 of them again. I'm marking every little island as I explore it. The plan is when the new islands pop up in a day or so, I'll know exactly where I've explored already and where I haven't.

Top Bottom