• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
I wonder will they give us more of those 10x pulls for the amount of downloads or the game awards?

rich donald duck GIF
minions no GIF

Pejo

Man I finished my BP over a week ago, and I just noticed we have another week until the new one drops. It really accentuates that there's nothing to do in the game without the BP missions. I can't believe there's not even a page 2 of the Geovishaps. We got 5 fights that played out exactly the same, and that's it. What an "event".

crumbs

Man I finished my BP over a week ago, and I just noticed we have another week until the new one drops. It really accentuates that there's nothing to do in the game without the BP missions. I can't believe there's not even a page 2 of the Geovishaps. We got 5 fights that played out exactly the same, and that's it. What an "event".
Agreed. After finishing the BP, it would be nice to still get some type of reward, like a bit of mora, for continuing to clear the BP goals.

The hunting Geovishaps event is like everything in the 1.3 update: Low Effort

BlackM1st

Banned
I can't believe there's not even a page 2 of the Geovishaps.
Seriously, wtf? xD It even says that we still don't know the reason this whole mini crisis started. I was hoping that on page 2 we will get to fight the Godzilla itself and maybe get something more than a couple of books lol Oh, how naive of me.

Agreed. After finishing the BP, it would be nice to still get some type of reward
BP having a breathing room is generally a good thing. Helps to contain your OCD. But not in GI where without BP rewards you feel even more fear of not getting enough resources/gems hah.

Most F2P games have a big events, constant new features that drastically change power levels and/or mechanics, new side activities etc. and when new content drops we get to use some of these features/bonuses for free or with a discount.

I'm talking about free Oath rings, free pulls on new main character, free new limited currency, etc. With GI new content is kinda limited so MiHo has nothing to work with and has nothing new to give us for free. And they're really don't wanna give us more free wishes. Maybe when Inazuma drops we will get some new mechanics and activities so MiHo will throw us a bone. But looking how Chinese New Year came and went I have my doubts. And don't get me started on the whole 1 billion primos debacle xD I get that giving out Xiao for free is off the books with MiHo, but why not another free 5☆ ? Why not give us like 50 blue wishes? Or a special New Year banner similar to beginners banner, with a limited pool, but cheaper wishes? So many opportunities and ideas, but MiHo just refuses to go beyond a certain number of wishes we can have for free.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Yeah, that would be a great system to expand! As it stands now I have 15 or so days between battle passes. Would be nice to get a BP+ or something that would encourage additional rotations.

I just don't want a movement in the opposite direction where they just make the current BP take that much longer. If the "monthly tasks" of the BP actually counted toward your weekly XP limit that would be miserable.

Last edited:

Pejo

Agreed. After finishing the BP, it would be nice to still get some type of reward, like a bit of mora, for continuing to clear the BP goals.

The hunting Geovishaps event is like everything in the 1.3 update: Low Effort
This would be a great idea. Just turn any XP you get over the cap into like 100 mora. So quests that normally give 250 BP xp, now we get 25k mora instead. It's hardly game breaking but at least it's something. I'm going to add that to my suggestions on the next survey.

Dregnel

I honestly cannot believe that Xiao was higher than Ganyu. It just makes no sense. I don't even see anybody using him in mulitplayer and his plunger gameplay was so boring, even in the trial.
i mean xiao looks flashy, spammer with mobility that's what makes it attractive to the masses, also he came with the chinese festival and the Chinese save a lot of money for those days to spend it on games, also aim system sucks for mobile players i mean even on pc y axis is kinda broken.

Dregnel

i think the next big android games are tower of fantasy, punishing gray raven and starlanders those games would get me out of the genshin.

Last edited:

crumbs

I honestly cannot believe that Xiao was higher than Ganyu. It just makes no sense. I don't even see anybody using him in mulitplayer and his plunger gameplay was so boring, even in the trial.
Aimed shot Ganyu is probably hard to play on mobile, that would be my only guess. I don't get the Xiao hype either.

Pejo

i think the next big android games are tower of fantasy, punishing gray raven and starlanders those games would get me out of the genshin.

I'm anxious to give Punishing Gray Raven a shot, never heard of those other two, and I'm not trying to get my concurrent gacha count higher than it is right now. Blue Archive looks cool too but that's way down the line for global and is a much different game. I don't think I'd like full-timing any true action game on a mobile screen, so unless they also have a PC client i'd probably be out.

BlackM1st

Banned
punishing gray raven
Looks ok, but kinda gray... Damn China and its regulators, no pantsu or blood to be seen aanywhere.All games looks more or less playable, but I would like to have a PC/Console versions. I hope new games will put some pressure on MiHo and make them more generous.

crumbs

So how is this dendro stuff going to work? Since we're not going to the dendro nation (Sumeru?) for awhile, I'm assuming that the MC isn't going to get dendro powers yet. Does that mean we might get a free dendro character? Otherwise it would be weird to introduce a new element with its own mechanics and then lock it behind gacha characters.

Does that mean we might get a free dendro character? Otherwise it would be weird to introduce a new element with its own mechanics and then lock it behind gacha characters.
There's currently no content in the game that strictly requires dendro. If it remains that way, a dendro character could simply be seen as a luxury. That would allow Mihoyo to make bank off of limited 5 star characters with a new, exotic element that people might pay up for.

If the chasm or Inazuma holds dendro puzzles and domains, I would expect Mihoyo to give a free dendro character to everyone.

Pejo

leaks next week my qiqis

Better be the chasm. We need a new area to explore, pronto. These festivals are a nice distraction but the thing that hooked people to this game was the open world exploration/simple puzzle stuff. I barely remember what that felt like anymore.

So how is this dendro stuff going to work? Since we're not going to the dendro nation (Sumeru?) for awhile, I'm assuming that the MC isn't going to get dendro powers yet. Does that mean we might get a free dendro character? Otherwise it would be weird to introduce a new element with its own mechanics and then lock it behind gacha characters.
We don't even know what the dendro reactions are yet. The NPC ones only increase fire damage and create plant stuff like vines and shields. I'm hoping when dendro releases that they adjust all reactions a bit.

Last edited:

crumbs

There's currently no content in the game that strictly requires dendro. If it remains that way, a dendro character could simply be seen as a luxury. That would allow Mihoyo to make bank off of limited 5 star characters with a new, exotic element that people might pay up for.

If the chasm or Inazuma holds dendro puzzles and domains, I would expect Mihoyo to give a free dendro character to everyone.
This game needs content to get excited about and it they add a new element, but lock it behind a 5 star (at least to start), that would be disappointing. Hopefully they follow the 2nd suggestion: add dendro puzzles & domains with a free dendro 4 star available.

BlackM1st

Banned
The NPC ones only increase fire damage and create plant stuff like vines and shields. I'm hoping when dendro releases that they adjust all reactions a bit.
Without changes it's definitely gonna be a hot garbage forever stuck in support ghetto. Also, you want another free 4☆ ? Guys, let's be realistic, they will give us 100 primos and will be done with it. New dendro will be a 5☆ and will be limited. Want a free new element? You have a traveler for that...
rich make it rain GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Pejo

Without changes it's definitely gonna be a hot garbage forever stuck in support ghetto. Also, you want another free 4☆ ? Guys, let's be realistic, they will give us 100 primos and will be done with it. New dendro will be a 5☆ and will be limited. Want a free new element? You have a traveler for that...
rich make it rain GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
Lol yea they'll do some bullshit like "we listened to your feedback and you can now change elements at any statue. Then one patch over it'll be "whoah we met the Dendro archon walking around in Linyue, looks like I can use Dendro now"

Bam, there's your free 5* Dendro character (Dendro Traveler).

Also, you want another free 4☆ ? Guys, let's be realistic, they will give us 100 primos and will be done with it. New dendro will be a 5☆ and will be limited. Want a free new element? You have a traveler for that...
I disagree. We've gotten several free characters in the past half year. Barbara ×2, Xiangling, Fischl, the free choice Liyue 4 star. If you count Noelle too, that's one free character every month. I don't think it's a stretch to expect Mihoyo to give away a 4 star when dendro enters the game.

Dregnel

Some passwords were leaked or brute forced? Well damn.
we are not sure how they are doing it but it sucks because i can't use my phone to link it because they don't accept my initial code number, i change my password weekly because sometimes i get a crash and i feel like someone is trying to steal my account, if you have gmail with different password + phone linked you are safe it must be both gmail+phone. mihoyo is joke, no 2FA in 2021 bruh.

Pejo

In my opinion this is a big nothing burger, particularly for the highlighted reason:
Mvewddl.png

In my experience in the IT industry, this is almost always the reason why you have seemingly random accounts getting """"hacked"""". My old CEO used to do this and it drove me nuts.

If you're worried about it, check out https://haveibeenpwned.com/ and if you see your address on there, change ALL of your related passwords (hopefully not all to the same ones either). I really recommend using a secure password manager if you aren't good with remembering your passwords in general.

Pejo

I can write a long post about why I think each and every hero is there, but let's simply wait and see. Oh, and while we are waiting, we can discuss new and exciting vision MiHo has for its wip 4☆ !

del70U0.jpg
She definitely has some moves from Keqing's auto attacks in there too.

Dregnel

She definitely has some moves from Keqing's auto attacks in there too.

they're all the same, yeah i noticed that because i have both keqing and hu tao, she uses xiangling charged attack too, everything is recycled except your ulti, i think rosaria uses xiao's...

Fuz

Banned
There's talk about the little dendro shit to be given for free soon, with Chasm or something.

Fuz

Banned
I can write a long post about why I think each and every hero is there, but let's simply wait and see. Oh, and while we are waiting, we can discuss new and exciting vision MiHo has for its wip 4☆ !

del70U0.jpg
They make BILLIONS and they're cheap as fuck.

I really wish they'd crash and burn.

BlackM1st

Banned
BlackM1st BlackM1st - Here's Honkai Impact's 3rd anniversary official celebration art on instagram. Think we'll see something like this for Genshin? I don't.

PucUpBt.jpg
I think it's pretty possible considering how Mona and Cocogoat look. Would be fun. But you said 3 years? Woof, it's a long wait to say the least.

crumbs

So the Geovishap event ends tonight. It felt like the first half of a larger event. It's weird that you get way better rewards from sending characters on the investigation expeditions than you get for actually fighting the geovishaps (which you can only do 4 times for a total of 16 exp books).

Pejo

I'm still a little confused. This event is called the Windblume festival, but in the game everybody from Mondstadt was saying "Can't wait for Ludi Harpastrum". Is this the same event and they just retconned the name, or is that a different festival?

Also, I found this damage calculator but I don't have the patience necessary to sit there and type in all of my characters/artifacts to maximize my dps. If any of you are interested, go nuts.

Top Bottom