• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
hlDLt8S.jpg

Haven't seen the banners confirmation posted here. So, Venti goes first, no Rosaria on his banner. She will be on 2nd banner.

Fuz

Banned
Can't make up my mind. :messenger_downcast_sweat:
I don't like Venti but xhe's OP and zhir kit looks really fun. I really like Tartaglia, especially his melee stance but that cooldown is insane without constellations. Also he has Rosaria as an added bonus.
I'll probably wait until the last few days for each banner (and maybe more info on future banners) before making up my mind on what/if to pull.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Can't make up my mind. :messenger_downcast_sweat:
I don't like Venti but xhe's OP and zhir kit looks really fun. I really like Tartaglia, especially his melee stance but that cooldown is insane without constellations. Also he has Rosaria as an added bonus.
I'll probably wait until the last few days for each banner (and maybe more info on future banners) before making up my mind on what/if to pull.
do you want to see a trap or rosaria's booty? focus on that to make your decision, I hope I've helped.

but seriously pull where you want venti is not 100% necessary as people make you think.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm definitely in on Childe's banner. Hopefully I get a constellation and a copy or two of Rosaria. Ideally I'd like to get her to C2 but we all know how RNG goes. Hope Venti banner is first so I have more time to save.

Not sure if I saw this earlier in this thread or somewhere else, but this is cool for Keqing owners. You basically get a "free" Elemental Skill. I tried it for a bit and can do it out of battle, still don't have the muscle memory to do it in battle though.

You guys remember Dragonspine? Has any of you stepped back in there to explore/fight enemies after completing all its stuff? The domain run/daily commision doesn't count.

Saber

Gold Member
You guys remember Dragonspine? Has any of you stepped back in there to explore/fight enemies after completing all its stuff? The domain run/daily commision doesn't count.

And why I should? The frost mechanic holds you from fully apprettiate exploration, exploration there isn't a big deal because of multiples traps(ice falling, monsters suddenly respawing when you're near water, etc), monsters are more annoying then their counterparts(ice fatui mage spamming shields, big ice hillicurl extremelly agressive and Ruin guard more trouple to deal with) for the same drops, heavy storms and the only one who seems to be affected...is the player, etc.

Really, I didn't miss a thing there.

Reactions: Fuz
Nice one. Asian players are real MVP'S. I currently away from console, but I will definitely try it out. I probably not gonna bother with it as a primary attack, but it's a nice technique to have in your arsenal. Did you tried it yourself? Is it hard to reproduce?
I'd like to try it sometime, but I don't really have any of the main characters that can take advantage of it.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Dead content. Only reason to go there is Cryo artifact farm. Which is a shame since the Cryo Lawachurl is a tougher enemy to fight. And therefore more enjoyable.

And why I should? The frost mechanic holds you from fully apprettiate exploration, exploration there isn't a big deal because of multiples traps(ice falling, monsters suddenly respawing when you're near water, etc), monsters are more annoying then their counterparts(ice fatui mage spamming shields, big ice hillicurl extremelly agressive and Ruin guard more trouple to deal with) for the same drops, heavy storms and the only one who seems to be affected...is the player, etc.

Really, I didn't miss a thing there.

Dead content. Only reason to go there is Cryo artifact farm. Which is a shame since the Cryo Lawachurl is a tougher enemy to fight. And therefore more enjoyable.

Exactly! That area is a waste of space now. Even if they remove the sheer cold mechanic, the layout of the area makes it very frustrating to explore. I hope the future areas are better designed.

BlackM1st

Banned
Girls charged attack is so strong it fucks ups remote play connection xD I'm dead fucking serious, the moment I use it - connection fails immediately xD Love her. So strong, so easy to use and so fun. Temporary dropped Cocogoat in favor of electric Raven. Can't use Cocogoat anyway, while Raven's skill is perfect for 1 button gameplay. Gives additional DMG and some breathing room with all the flying enemies xD

YukiOnna

Girls charged attack is so strong it fucks ups remote play connection xD I'm dead fucking serious, the moment I use it - connection fails immediately xD Love her. So strong, so easy to use and so fun. Temporary dropped Cocogoat in favor of electric Raven. Can't use Cocogoat anyway, while Raven's skill is perfect for 1 button gameplay. Gives additional DMG and some breathing room with all the flying enemies xD
How dare you drop one of Lumine's gf
ZgytFfV.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
How dare you drop one of Lumine's gf
ZgytFfV.jpg
On remote play I can't use her for anything other than snow flower cast hah. She turns into extremely slow / stationary sitting duck xD My only working strategy is to cast a shield, drop raven and throw Klee's bombs in enemies general direction xD Depending on wifi strength I'm able to kill 1 or 2 enemies before disconnects and another round of fried eggs. Today I got a very good signal and was able to complete all daily comissions AND spend condensed resin on exp books. Of course without Klee's charged attacks xD

Pejo

On remote play I can't use her for anything other than snow flower cast hah. She turns into extremely slow / stationary sitting duck xD My only working strategy is to cast a shield, drop raven and throw Klee's bombs in enemies general direction xD Depending on wifi strength I'm able to kill 1 or 2 enemies before disconnects and another round of fried eggs. Today I got a very good signal and was able to complete all daily comissions AND spend condensed resin on exp books. Of course without Klee's charged attacks xD
It'd be nice for Playstation users if they allowed cross platform, but I'm guessing they don't because Sony wouldn't get their share of the microtransactions. Playing the game on smartphones, while not ideal, is very convenient for logging in and doing dailies/spending resin. I went on a few trips and was able to finish everything up with no issues. I don't even mind the bow aiming that much.

I'm sure you're already doing this, but remote play is a lot better if your PS4/PS5 is directly wired in to your home network instead of using WiFi. Anything to cut down on latency will help tremendously.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm sure you're already doing this, but remote play is a lot better if your PS4/PS5 is directly wired in to your home network instead of using WiFi. Anything to cut down on latency will help tremendously.
Yeah.I'm on wifi 6, my new router has 3 networks. 1 3G and 2 5G. PS5 sits on secondary 5G without any other devices. Can't get better than that. Wired is out of question unfortunately. Latency is not the problem, problem lies in the control scheme and wifi on the receiving end. Hotel wifi is always terrible xD When WiFi is stable enough, game runs very smooth and clear. Controls are still terrible, but at least you can move around and switch characters to drop some skills.
It'd be nice for Playstation users if they allowed cross platform
Yeah, Sony fucked up.1 bonus sword and a pair of wings? Sure, GI runs very good on PS5 (lol), but it would be nice to get anything else for supporting PS ecosystem. Fortnight and Warframe constantly get some PS+ bundles/exclusive content. I chose PS as a GI platform mostly because first time GI didn't wanted to install on my PC for some reason and then I decided that it would be nice to play it on PS5 with a new controller. But I kinda expected at least some meaningful bonuses from Sony for PS+ subscribers.

Playing the game on smartphones, while not ideal, is very convenient for logging in and doing dailies/spending resin. I went on a few trips and was able to finish everything up with no issues. I don't even mind the bow aiming that much.
Yeah, exactly, I never expected to do some hard stuff like boss fights or domain clears. But even bow aiming is impossible if you don't stay in one place. Actually I was able to kill Eye of the Storm, but I was very lucky. I climbed in top of some ruins and it couldn't hit me. Unfortunately most of the times not moving equals not being alive xD

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Yeah.I'm on wifi 6, my new router has 3 networks. 1 3G and 2 5G. PS5 sits on secondary 5G without any other devices. Can't get better than that. Wired is out of question unfortunately. Latency is not the problem, problem lies in the control scheme and wifi on the receiving end. Hotel wifi is always terrible xD When WiFi is stable enough, game runs very smooth and clear. Controls are still terrible, but at least you can move around and switch characters to drop some skills.

Yeah, Sony fucked up.1 bonus sword and a pair of wings? Sure, GI runs very good on PS5 (lol), but it would be nice to get anything else for supporting PS ecosystem. Fortnight and Warframe constantly get some PS+ bundles/exclusive content. I chose PS as a GI platform mostly because first time GI didn't wanted to install on my PC for some reason and then I decided that it would be nice to play it on PS5 with a new controller. But I kinda expected at least some meaningful bonuses from Sony for PS+ subscribers.

Yeah, exactly, I never expected to do some hard stuff like boss fights or domain clears. But even bow aiming is impossible if you don't stay in one place. Actually I was able to kill Eye of the Storm, but I was very lucky. I climbed in top of some ruins and it couldn't hit me. Unfortunately most of the times not moving equals not being alive xD
Have you all used the gyro based aiming in GI on mobile? That and the ability to instantly switch to a character and fire off their ult attack are what make the mobile version great in my opinion. Even though I mainly play on PC/PS5/iOS with controllers, I find the gyro aiming on mobile to be easier for me than controller/thumb stick aiming.

BlackM1st

Banned
Have you all used the gyro based aiming in GI on mobile?
Technically I'm not playing GI mobile. I'm playing it on PS5 while it sends video signal to my android phone screen instead of TV screen. Unfortunately there's no way to change control scheme in Remote Play. Maybe I can buy a PS5/PS4 controller and connect it to my phone, but I'm kinda too lazy to do it and I'm not gonna go around with a dualsense in my pocket/ handbag xD

BlackM1st

Banned
So for 1.3 ver from 3rd February till 16 March MiHoYo gave/will give us around 8780 F2P primos. 1.2 gave us around 8227 F2P primos. As you can see once again MiHo continues to be a cheap bastards and even Chinese New Year didn't moved them enough to offer additional F2P bonuses.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

the power creep.

RIP diluc

Man, just think of all of the things you can do with the time that max whale Hu Tao frees up.

In those 20 seconds, you can....

• Sit around and write a shitpost about how the game is too easy and there's nothing to do.
  • Open the leyline bud earlier but of course you won't because you're out of resin like everybody else.
  • Picture yourself as this guy and have a wank about how awesome you are
    • 834.png

(just taking the piss here, she definitely is stronger but her HP mechanics are annoying to control and ultimately are youtuber bait like benny/sucrose/mona megacomps)

Dregnel

Man, just think of all of the things you can do with the time that max whale Hu Tao frees up.

In those 20 seconds, you can....

• Sit around and write a shitpost about how the game is too easy and there's nothing to do.
  • Open the leyline bud earlier but of course you won't because you're out of resin like everybody else.
  • Picture yourself as this guy and have a wank about how awesome you are
    • 834.png

(just taking the piss here, she definitely is stronger but her HP mechanics are annoying to control and ultimately are youtuber bait like benny/sucrose/mona megacomps)

tJGELKA.png

So for 1.3 ver from 3rd February till 16 March MiHoYo gave/will give us around 8780 F2P primos. 1.2 gave us around 8227 F2P primos. As you can see once again MiHo continues to be a cheap bastards and even Chinese New Year didn't moved them enough to offer additional F2P bonuses.
How'd you get to those numbers? I've been saving since after the Ganyu banner ended, and I have like 6000-ish primogems. Are you counting the free wishes we got as well?

How'd you get to those numbers? I've been saving since after the Ganyu banner ended, and I have like 6000-ish primogems. Are you counting the free wishes we got as well?
I'm guessing the Spiral Abyss reset gems are included as well, which I've been missing out on myself. I'm hoping Venti will be able to help with that. Either way, if you ARE getting that many gems, we're talking about over 100 wishes, which doesn't seem too bad to me.

BlackM1st

Banned
  1. Update release 300
  2. Downtime compensation 300
  3. Bug fixes 60
  4. Promo codes 350
  5. New achievements 80
  6. Quest chests 92
  7. Test runs 60
  8. Xiao quest 60
  9. Hu Tao quest 60
  10. Lantern rite wishes 108
  11. Forum logins 140
  12. Broken camera event 480
  13. Night Sky's Grace 480
  14. Light Upon the Sea 870
  15. Vishaps and Where to Find Them 420
  16. Paimon store 5 wishes 800
  17. May Fortune Find You 1600
  18. Daily comissions (42) 2520
Cheap bastards.

Pejo

1. Update release 300
  2. Downtime compensation 300
  3. Bug fixes 60
  4. Promo codes 350
  5. New achievements 80
  6. Quest chests 92
  7. Test runs 60
  8. Xiao quest 60
  9. Hu Tao quest 60
  10. Lantern rite wishes 108
  11. Forum logins 140
  12. Broken camera event 480
  13. Night Sky's Grace 480
  14. Light Upon the Sea 870
  15. Vishaps and Where to Find Them 420
  16. Paimon store 5 wishes 800
  17. May Fortune Find You 1600
  18. Daily comissions (42) 2520
Cheap bastards.
Yea this is only "acceptable" viewed through the window of even more stingy gacha games. If they were trying to expand the game out of the typical gacha pitfalls, they have failed.

BlackM1st

Banned
which doesn't seem too bad to me.
Oh, it's definitely bad. Any F2P game should give something to you, otherwise no one would play it hah. GI gives you around 50 wishes with each update, it's not much to begin with, but most insulting thing to me is that MiHo was promoting all those New Year gifts (10 rainbow wishes, big lantern festival...) like a big celebration, and "Thank you" for community, but in the end they decided to say fuck it and continue to milk the playerbase while drip feeding the usual numbers of gems.

I'm guessing the Spiral Abyss reset gems are included as well, which I've been missing out on myself. I'm hoping Venti will be able to help with that. Either way, if you ARE getting that many gems, we're talking about over 100 wishes, which doesn't seem too bad to me.
Yeah, I haven't been doing Abyss either. I just didn't have enough characters built properly to attempt it, but I think I'll be ready soon.

8800 primogems in one and a half month's time comes down to about 55 wishes. That's not enough to get one 5 star character. That means you'd only be able to get one limited character every two to three months, unless you're somehow lucky and get one early.

BlackM1st

Banned
That means you'd only be able to get one limited character every two to three months, unless you're somehow lucky and get one early.
Exactly. And you even can't get lucky because to get lucky you need to actually pull. But you can't! Otherwise you will not have enough wishes for guarantee. Plus, if by some miracle you will get a 5☆, there's a big 50/50 gamble that can fuck you up anyway xD

Dregnel

Exactly. And you even can't get lucky because to get lucky you need to actually pull. But you can't! Otherwise you will not have enough wishes for guarantee. Plus, if by some miracle you will get a 5☆, there's a big 50/50 gamble that can fuck you up anyway xD
i only have an 5* c1 and when i got it i I felt that I had a heart attack...i just pressed alt-f4 and I went to the kitchen to drink my pills, then I sat for a few hours to watch the sun, i took 5 weeks off without opening the game.

Pejo

i only have an 5* c1 and when i got it i I felt that I had a heart attack...i just pressed alt-f4 and I went to the kitchen to drink my pills, then I sat for a few hours to watch the sun, i took 5 weeks off without opening the game.
Was it C1 Qiqi? That one hit me hard because she was one of the 5* I got on my re-roll account that I kept, which brought back further bad memories of rerolling.

BlackM1st

Banned
i only have an 5* c1 and when i got it i I felt that I had a heart attack...
Yeah, that's why I farm for 90 and 180 wishes and don't bother with YOLO 10 pulls. But in the end when I pull it doesn't even feel like a gambling or anything exciting. Feels more like a... pity(oh snap)? Like "here, have your 5☆, now go and farm for 3 more months, you scrub" xD

Dregnel

Was it C1 Qiqi? That one hit me hard because she was one of the 5* I got on my re-roll account that I kept, which brought back further bad memories of rerolling.
c1 mona but at least she increases elemental reactions by 15%, when i came back with those free 10 pulls i got 2 5* star character zhongli+jean and i started playing again.

Top Bottom