• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm gonna hate it.
PS5 version is finally good for something xD

Cat Reaction GIF

a worse stringless
Not everyone have one. This one is free and cheap to refine.

ugly weapon
I think it's ok, definitely has some design going in. Better than most bows.

BlackM1st

Banned
sYB06HM.jpg
nD9Hktb.jpg

We need these decorations to stay. Damn, I hate time limited festive maps. Most of them are way superior to standard ones but last only for couple of weeks. Bah.

Speaking about weapons:
gvnYxe8.jpg

I know that design is subjective and we all love and enjoy different things. But in defense of the new free bow looks - just look at new 4☆ weapons. Literal recolor of old models. At least new freebie has an original model. MiHo is so fucking cheap. How hard it can be to make a new sword/book model? lol

Pejo

So I just finished watching the actual announcements, not bad, but I'm a little confused - is this the same event that the characters in game have been talking about called "Ludi Harpastrum", or is this something different entirely? Rosaria looks like the leaks dictated. I'm in on that banner either way, so sorry Hu Tao, save and scrimp time. Hope I can get at least C2 Rosaria by then since it should be the 2nd banner.

It's free and refinable to 5 like the Dragonspine sword.
Not everyone have one. This one is free and cheap to refine.
Oh yea, I wasn't arguing over a free refine 5 bow, but I just meant they could have given it at least a semi-unique skill or something. It's cool though because it's free and has at least partially good stats for Venti (and Childe if you don't have Rust), so it's likely more for people who pull for those characters that are new/unlucky with pulls.

Hangouts look pretty cool, I'm a big lore nerd in games that I get interested in, so I'll take it.
Amber hangout when?

That leak a few months ago about a "Fall Guys" mode ended up being true too. Pretty cool but it looks like only 1v1 based on the preview. The charm of that game is based on being you vs. a ton of other people, not sure it will be quite the same.

Saber

Gold Member
Why would they do this, it's literally a worse stringless. I guess it's just a little side bonus to pulling for Venti.

I think is because its free and naturally will be acessable to anyone rather than specific gatcha stuff.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Eh

She is still reduced not gonna touch this game for another month until they give us a new continent

these skins suck compared to any other gacha out there and the food colabs have been done to death

BlackM1st

Banned

Nice one. Asian players are real MVP'S. I currently away from console, but I will definitely try it out. I probably not gonna bother with it as a primary attack, but it's a nice technique to have in your arsenal. Did you tried it yourself? Is it hard to reproduce?

Saber

Gold Member
1Kp9nHV.jpg

Maybe we will get her sooner rather than later.BTW How you're gonna pull anyone without even playing? xD

I can totally wait. Only reason I pull recently was out of necessity.
Now my wishes gonna be reaaaal stagnate for as long as Ayaka will be release.

BlackM1st

Banned
Well... Daily comissions AND event hunt is completed. Via remote play on android phone without controller, without Cocogoat, without anything, really. Klee and Noelle teared through it with blood sweat and tears. (WL7). So yeah, PS5 remote play works. Kinda. Had lots of disconnects. Probably because of hotel's Wifi weak signal. Home setup uses WiFi6, so it's not because of weak home base signal. Definitely on hotel wifi. All in all, remote play's on screen controls are barely worth the hassle. I'm not gonna bother with domains or bosses, not worth it, I got my primogems anyway.

TL DR: PULL ON KLEE AND Level your Noelle to C6 if you can.

BlackM1st

Banned
UxECOKe.jpg

Official poster for KFC event. It's actually a very disturbing image! Look at goblin's "mask'. It's salivating...meaning it's a living tissue! D: So all those "masks" we are collecting are actually their faces? Holy fuck, we are ripping their faces off and keep it as our hunt trophies Predator style xD

animation domination mask GIF by AOK

Saber

Gold Member
At least you're getting Mondstadt quests. I am still missing the same quest that you are, and I have gotten all Liyue quests for the past week.

Dude, I'm so fucking tired of getting Liyue quests. And people would say "well, at least they're different". Fuck, I got the same daily mission for 5 days straight(no honor among treasure horders). I'm almost giving up doing those comissions. These days aren't even crap different, 3 days straight doing quests for that cooker in the first city of Lyiue.

Pejo

Dude, I'm so fucking tired of getting Liyue quests. And people would say "well, at least they're different". Fuck, I got the same daily mission for 5 days straight(no honor among treasure horders). I'm almost giving up doing those comissions. These days aren't even crap different, 3 days straight doing quests for that cooker in the first city of Lyiue.
Yea I seem to get the 'no honor amongst thieves' quest a LOT, and I also get that stupid "talk to the innkeeper and go fight some hilichurls" quest a lot for that inn in northern Liyue. The biggest shitter though is when you get a RNG daily that actually moves BACKWARDS from the quests you've already done. Like I got part 3 of the "The Unknown Razor" quest where you find out that Bao'er is a treasure hoarder and selling the gifts, and the archeologist at the inn told me to bring the artifacts to her instead. A week later, I got Unseen Razor part 2 where we just pretend like we don't know that the bitch is a treasure hoarder. So stupid.

They really should have some kind of rotation system for the commissions so people can experience all the content and have more variety throughout the week. That's defnitely more important than saving birthday letters.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

God damn sometimes I see fanart in general, and I'm amazed at what people can do. I can't even draw straight lines for a stick figure and then we have people doing stuff like this:
axjkd1523pl61.jpg

Fuz

Banned
Hey, we got a bonus today!

DIOPORCO.png

By the way, do we have to believe the gacha RNG is any better?

Last edited:

crumbs

I don't understand the RNG on commissions. I received the "Language Exchange" Commission for the first time back in early January and didn't get the "Poetry Exchange" follow up commission until 3 weeks later.

Now for the last 2 weeks, I get the Language Exchange Commission almost every other day, sometimes in different locations.

I wish the Commission system had a "cool down" so that it wouldn't assign you the same commissions multiple times in the same week. I did the "Emergency" Eye of the Storm commission in Liyue 5 times last week.

Dregnel

OX14t1Q.png

Main dps / elemental reaction / support

this is the most popular chinese tier list by usagi sensei, the power creep is real my hu tao hits like a truck with terrible artifacts.

OX14t1Q.png

Main dps / elemental reaction / support

this is the most popular chinese tier list by usagi sensei, the power creep is real my hu tao hits like a truck with terrible artifacts.
Nice tier list. I decided to skip Hu Tao in favor of Venti, because I think their crowd control is just too good, and I think getting a good five star DPS will prove much easier later on. I'll likely just work with Razor until I either pull a five star DPS after losing a 50/50, or a five star DPS comes along that is worth spending my next guaranteed pity on. As you suggest, these DPS characters are only going to go up in power.

crumbs

Nice tier list. I decided to skip Hu Tao in favor of Venti, because I think their crowd control is just too good, and I think getting a good five star DPS will prove much easier later on. I'll likely just work with Razor until I either pull a five star DPS after losing a 50/50, or a five star DPS comes along that is worth spending my next guaranteed pity on. As you suggest, these DPS characters are only going to go up in power.
This is my thinking as well, although I would prefer a Jean banner vs Venti, but I see his CC appeal.

My current DPS units can handle things well at WL7, so I can wait to pull on a banner until 1. Content becomes too difficult with current DPS characters or 2. There's a character that I really like.

I can't be bothered to pull on every power creep DPS banner, I just don't have the resources with wishes or EXP/Talent materials.

Pejo

she increases you damager very high if you know how to use her ulti but xingqiu is better applying water more constant.
I just mean "does damage" doesn't fit the archetype of support to me, that would either be healing/buffs or at the very least energy charge like Venti. She just is a passive damage dealer. I'd have put her in the 2nd column at tier 0.

Dregnel

I just mean "does damage" doesn't fit the archetype of support to me, that would either be healing/buffs or at the very least energy charge like Venti. She just is a passive damage dealer. I'd have put her in the 2nd column at tier 0.
why not? she does what bennet does, a buffer is a support. the 2nd column stands for element reaction/ sub dps, that is the reason you can see ganyu there, you can use her ulti and swap but hutao is not there because she loses her buff and only applies to herself.

Last edited:

Pejo

why not? she does what bennet does, a buffer is a support. the 2nd column stands for element reaction/ sub dps, that is the reason you can see ganyu there, you can use her ulti and swap but hutao is not there because she loses her buff and only applies to herself.
I don't see Mona and Bennett even in the same ballpark. He heals, gives attack buff for 12 seconds, can imbue pyro if you go with that constellation. Her only "buff" is a debuff that lasts for 4 seconds after her burst and can immobilize small enemies. Her main use from what I've seen in the community is a reaction machine for huge vaporizes, which is what you admit the 2nd column is for. Not a big deal either way, just giving my opinion on her spot in the list.

I don't see Mona and Bennett even in the same ballpark. He heals, gives attack buff for 12 seconds, can imbue pyro if you go with that constellation. Her only "buff" is a debuff that lasts for 4 seconds after her burst and can immobilize small enemies. Her main use from what I've seen in the community is a reaction machine for huge vaporizes, which is what you admit the 2nd column is for. Not a big deal either way, just giving my opinion on her spot in the list.

Pejo

Not sure what your point is with this video. I was talking about Mona not being support, which I don't feel she is. She does damage. Even in this video, her skill is doing damage even if it's Hu Tao that "triggers" it.

I've seen enough Bennett/Sucrose/Mona/Food/ 1 shot videos to last a lifetime, and they're strictly youtuber bait. Nobody actually plays this way for anything other than to show off.

BlackM1st

Banned
I can't say that I remember the last time I used any food. Sure, my current remote play experience makes me use a lot of fried eggs and sweet chickens, but it's absolutely extraordinary situation. Otherwise, who cares? Definitely not me.

Dregnel

Not sure what your point is with this video. I was talking about Mona not being support, which I don't feel she is. She does damage. Even in this video, her skill is doing damage even if it's Hu Tao that "triggers" it.

I've seen enough Bennett/Sucrose/Mona/Food/ 1 shot videos to last a lifetime, and they're strictly youtuber bait. Nobody actually plays this way for anything other than to show off.
i play like this everywhere i never use mona ulti without first applying fire your damage is 1.5x worse, she increases the damage of the elemental reaction.

Fuz

Banned
I can't say that I remember the last time I used any food. Sure, my current remote play experience makes me use a lot of fried eggs and sweet chickens, but it's absolutely extraordinary situation. Otherwise, who cares? Definitely not me.
The good thing about this game is that it's not insanely punishing like most gachas are to trick you into P2W.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
The good thing about this game is that it's not insanely punishing like most gachas are to tricking you into P2W.
Yeah, game is doable even without deep dives into game mechanics and micro management. Food here feels more like a thing that geared towards the most casual players that lets them to cover the DMG gap and complete the content.

Top Bottom