• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Dregnel

PfJbFKt.png

venti and tartaglia rerun

5bDYr1W.png

new 4 star weapons

If I want Rosaria (and I do), assuming she's on the second banner, I have to decide between Venti and Hu Tao, because I really want to go into the Rosaria banner without any pity. That's especially true if they run her on a banner that doesn't feature a limited five star.

I still don't have a five star DPS, but between the two, I'm still leaning venti. I guess it will also depend on who the four stars are on the Venti banner. Too bad we're not getting a free four star from this area like we did for the last event.

Dregnel

childe banner... this was the only one where I did not pull, i took a break for 5 weeks and i came back to pull an x10 and i got jean and zghonli, avoiding this guy gave me good luck hope it happens again.

BlackM1st

Banned
So hows that work? 2 5-star characters in a banner or all of them at the same time?
2 separate 5☆ banners. First Venti, after Venti - Childe. We can't say for sure in which banner Rosaria will be presented. Looks like no new 5☆ character.

JgUiP44.jpg

Water boss event will reward real pets? Damn, I hope so. Looks more like enemy mobs list. Still. New pet is a new pet. Mini water boss.

jJpgOI1.jpg
XpRSQFI.jpg
New enemy and Dan's story continuation.

LLVELOl.jpg

Wind festival. Some kind of balloon reward? And a musical instrument? And a wind thingy? Maybe just a quest items similar to lanterns from the previous festival. But they are shown together with event rewards...

Also, new bow that you will be able to refine during the event. Nice.

Last edited:

crumbs

I know both are considered filler, but the 1.4 update is already looking more interesting than 1.3, especially since it looks like we get some character moments. New boss enemy could be interesting.

Not sure I want Venti or Childe, but I'm so far from pity on the character banner, I would be safe if I wanted to pull for Rosaria. Still hoping we get a Jean rate up banner someday.

Would they really go a full update without a new 5 star? Or are we thinking that they go with 2 week banners and we get a "surprise" drop at the end, like with Hu Tao?

Although, as someone lacking rhythm, I'm already a little worried about that music mini game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I kinda hope they put Rosaria on a Jean/Diluc filler banner.

Considering I care very little for Gacha Whale and Starbucks the characters.

Those Jean merges aren't going to unlock themselves.

Patch is looking good considering I skipped 1.3 pretty much. Didn't do the Lantern event at all lmao

New pet event, new boss, new 4 star, Festival event with meaningful reward(new bow), condensed resin cap increase for better farm ratio and the weapon banner is good to sink 10 wishes into because the 4 star weapons are all new.

So lots of cool stuff.

Other then the log in stuff that gave you like 10 wishes over 7 days I did not care about 1.3 at all.

I guess they just don't have enough 5 stars lined up to just release a new one every two to three weeks. I'm sure the Mondstadt festival theme had something to do with it too. They probably didn't want to add more Liyue characters during an event that focuses on Mondstadt. Then again, Childe isn't from Mondstadt either... But maybe they were unimpressed with the Keqing banner's performance, so they chose a limited 5 star instead?

Fake

Yeah, it's strange. Venti is OP, but people love new characters more than meta. I wonder why MiHo is slowing down character releases.

Because those are minor updates. Will be a big update to add the new country, remember? Those updates usually put a loads of char at once, quests, the chests, the god workship point, etc...

IDK if this new area will get a big leap into the main char arc. If you saw this 1.4, her sister appears for a brief time, so they really want to talk more about the Traveler lore.

BlackM1st

Banned
Yeah, electric cat tanked. Hu Tao is slightly below Xiao too. Staff of Homa banner helped Hu Tao to make around the same money as Xiao made on its own.

they really want to talk more about the Traveler lore.
nerd GIF

We are never gonna get that carrot lol Twins will reunite with each other only after we visit all cities. So I couldn't care less about damn carrot. Twins story isn't that exiting too. I'm far more interested in ice Queen's agenda.

Fake

We are never gonna get that carrot lol Twins will reunite with each other only after we visit all cities. So I couldn't care less about damn carrot. Twins story isn't that exiting too. I'm far more interested in ice Queen's agenda.

No, no. You don't get it. Making the Traveler lore advance don't mean they will be reunited. Traveler story will be probably at the end of all countries be inside the game. Still much to add.

I pretty sure the others God will help the traveler to find his objective.

I just saying they're making the new country and those 1.4/5/6 at once.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
DIO-PORCO.jpg

Ok, this is shit and I'm gonna hate it.
IJLK? And I bet those won't be rebindable. My muscle memory will make me fail this so fucking many times.

BTW
Kinda meh. Good for support Fischl I guess.

Last edited:
So they really didn't give any date for 1.4, or did I miss something? Don't they normally date these things when they announce them?

Dregnel

DIO-PORCO.jpg

Ok, this is shit and I'm gonna hate it.
IJLK? And I bet those won't be rebindable. My muscle memory will make me fail this so fucking many times.

BTW
Kinda meh. Good for support Fischl I guess.
god that weapon is ugly weapon af :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Top Bottom