• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

Gold Member
PSA: The Ley Line Overflow event has started. I didn't get a message in my mail box (or I over looked it yesterday?!?)

You can spend 20 resin to complete a Ley Line and get a 2x resource payout. You can use this 3 times per day.

Not sure I get...don't you already spend 20 resin to get rewards at the ley line? Or do you have spend snother 20 to get extra loot?

BlackM1st

Banned
I have 54 unused right now.

You know what, I'm almost happy not feeling forced to farm like a moron.
Just used 10. Not a single upgrade. Def def def def hp hp ELECTRIC DMG def def def hp def def hp <----- from a fucking fire domain xD

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

288 primos gang rise up!
Angry Season 9 GIF by Shameless

crumbs

Her AoE is 4 seconds SHORTER than Diona's, and doesn't heal at all. It's just a bummer all around honestly. I'm just trying to rationalize pulling for her and using her, but her kit is just...well...bad. If she doesn't get a significant multiplier or stat buff, she's DoA.

I agree that the lack of another skill doesn't help. If the leaked numbers are correct, Rosaria's burst does have a shorter cool down and lower energy cost than Diona, but the longer duration of Diona's burst means that the downtime is only a 1 sec difference. I don't use Diona at all (probably my least favorite character in the game, both from playstyle to design and VA), so if I were to pull Rosaria, she would need to provide more utility than already leveled up Chongyun as a cryo sub-DPS. Not sure she can, but we'll see what her finalized stats look like.

Not to sound like a GI snob, but when if you've been playing since launch, it's hard to get excited about 4 stars.

Pejo

I agree that the lack of another skill doesn't help. If the leaked numbers are correct, Rosaria's burst does have a shorter cool down and lower energy cost than Diona, but the longer duration of Diona's burst means that the downtime is only a 1 sec difference. I don't use Diona at all (probably my least favorite character in the game, both from playstyle to design and VA), so if I were to pull Rosaria, she would need to provide more utility than already leveled up Chongyun as a cryo sub-DPS. Not sure she can, but we'll see what her finalized stats look like.

Not to sound like a GI snob, but when if you've been playing since launch, it's hard to get excited about 4 stars.
Fair, I'm just bummed out because I was hoping she'd have a niche. As is, Razor with an ice support shits all over Rosaria for the exact same niche. The whole point of her burst is just to buff her crit, attack speed, and damage, so the fact that it's only 8 seconds (until her C2) really hurts her overall DPS. Add in that her level 70 talent buffs party member crit % but not her own, they really shafted her.

I do see a comp of Rosaria/Beidou/Diona/XXXX (maybe a geo char) being semi-effective. You get superconduct, 2 AoE ice fields to keep the crit buff up, cryo resonance, light healing, shields, lots of crit. Maybe I'll give that a shot with her. It still has the major weakness of not having a Pyro character for all of the uses that it has, but if you swap in any Pyro character other than Amber (sorry, best girl), you'd be better off using them as the main DPS instead.

Fake

IMO is no much use keeping two chars of the same element, unless they're pyro.

The orb boost from two Electro are not worthy for the resistence you lost.

BlackM1st

Banned
Don't sweat it. It's not about 4☆ vs 5☆. It's about character being nothing more than a simple resource sink/primo drain. There's a reason I went for Ning constellation instead of guitar girl I don't have.

As for me... Well, sooner or later I will upgrade my 4 5☆, then I will upgrade my next couple of 5☆ THEN I will think about upgrading my 4☆. Maybe. Probably no. Artifacts domains are calling for me....

Pejo

The orb boost from two Electro are not worthy for the resistence you lost.
Cryo resonance can be quite good for certain situations. It gives a flat 15% crit buff against any enemy with cryo on them (either frozen or just with the cryo icon). Add the Blizzard Strayer artifact set bonuses and you can get another 20/40% against cryo affected/frozen targets. That means you can basically not roll ANY crit rate in your artifacts/weapon and run strictly crit damage, damage bonus, or atk for some HUGE numbers. That's how I would build Rosaria and her team with what we currently know through leaks. If we had the characters to support it, 2 cryo/2 pyro teams would be absolutely busted with the right artifact sets.

Fake

Cryo resonance can be quite good for certain situations. It gives a flat 15% crit buff against any enemy with cryo on them (either frozen or just with the cryo icon). Add the Blizzard Strayer artifact set bonuses and you can get another 20/40% against cryo affected/frozen targets. That means you can basically not roll ANY crit rate in your artifacts/weapon and run strictly crit damage, damage bonus, or atk for some HUGE numbers. That's how I would build Rosaria and her team with what we currently know through leaks. If we had the characters to support it, 2 cryo/2 pyro teams would be absolutely busted with the right artifact sets.

The problem with Cryo is only work with Cryo. I don't see why Cryo resonance can give you 15% crit without affecting someone with Cryo. Pyro get 25% ATK boost without the Pyro buff requeriment.

IMO they're both mix bag, situational cases when dungeons farms give you the proper case to use.
Klee doesn't care, honestly.

Best team comp elements are probably 2 geo + 2 fire if you have a strong Geo chars like Geo Lord and C6 Iron Maiden. Sure, it's a very limited team comp, but I'm talking strictly about best resonance bonuses and nothing else.

Klee is a monster.

Indeed, Geo give the protection Pyro will need after losing both 15% physical resistence and all element resistence. Still, the others looks very unbalanced. Hydro healing boost?

I mean, as I said before my main complain are 'time limited' for everything you do in this game. So, using a defensive strategy is not worthy at all.

I guess that is the main reason Zhongli get buffed 3 times besides he being a 5 star char.

edit: I farming on the dungeon that give you that artifact with 25% physical damage. Before enter in the dungeon, he recommend using a GEO char.

But in the end, the recommendation are just because the universal buff inside the farm dungeon that give you atk boost when using a shield. I talking about those types of sittuation, when instead of a curse, the dungeon give you a boost to encourage the user of using GEO.

Last edited:

Pejo

The problem with Cryo is only work with Cryo. I don't see why Cryo resonance can give you 15% crit without affecting someone with Cryo. Pyro get 25% ATK boost without the Pyro buff requeriment.
Yea I used to feel this way too, but if you notice, every single Cryo character so far at least has their burst that stays on the field even if they're not on the field, which means as long as the enemies aren't highly mobile (or you have Keqing knocking them up and out of the AoEs), you can always have the enemy affected by cryo. The problem is that you'd have to waste the 15% cryo bonus from the artifact set on your "main dps" unless it was Ganyu, since Cryo didn't really have a main dps until then (maybe Kaeya too). But if Rosaria can output enough crit damage and physical damage, she could fill this niche. Physical is still the worst damage type mostly. It's the most resisted and really only good as a general damage type so you can ignore immunities for multiple element enemies at once. If the numbers are there though, she could be really good in quit a few situations.

The main issue I have is that her attack maxes at 240, which is high for a 4* but still below what it should likely be considering her kit. That and her autos and skill multiplier %s in general are low for what they are.

x@3f*oo_e!

Yea I used to feel this way too, but if you notice, every single Cryo character so far at least has their burst that stays on the field even if they're not on the field, which means as long as the enemies aren't highly mobile (or you have Keqing knocking them up and out of the AoEs), you can always have the enemy affected by cryo. The problem is that you'd have to waste the 15% cryo bonus from the artifact set on your "main dps" unless it was Ganyu, since Cryo didn't really have a main dps until then (maybe Kaeya too). But if Rosaria can output enough crit damage and physical damage, she could fill this niche. Physical is still the worst damage type mostly. It's the most resisted and really only good as a general damage type so you can ignore immunities for multiple element enemies at once. If the numbers are there though, she could be really good in quit a few situations.

The main issue I have is that her attack maxes at 240, which is high for a 4* but still below what it should likely be considering her kit. That and her autos and skill multiplier %s in general are low for what they are.

I've been trying (and failing) to get a cryo + phys + shatter team to work. I like the idea - it's almost as strong as overload, but without the explosion. I think the idea ultimately fails because I end up having to build one character for EM and ATT or cryo at the same time, and don't win either..

Kaeya ult would be a good choice, but just doesn't last long enough. So I've been trying Chongyun elemental skill - it sort of works. (Barbara or Xingqui for easy source of wet) .. but I've been having problems with him being interrupted on spin, and standard attack is too slow. He sort of needs a shield (btw why does he have such weak general stats for a claymore user - isn't it supposed to be tank - Kaeya has better stats ..)

The actual shatter damage is nice (even without stacking Elemental Mastery yet), and I can get it multiple times (if I'm not staggered out).

So maybe I need to use Diona (12s) or Ganyu (15s) ultimate for ice effect, and don't even use Chongyun at all, but instead use Noelle (who is already leveled to the gills) + hydro + shield + spin. This is probably what I'll try next, though I don't really want to give up on Chongyun.

What I really want is a hydro claymore user (or Qiqi), not a 4th pyro spear though.

[edit] every single Cryo character so far at least has their burst that stays on the field even if they're not on the field
Actually not Chongyung, but his burst is pretty forgettable. His elemental does though.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

Another problem my brother didn't mention is that cryo resonance is not exclusive. Kaeya has this effect as constelation and cryo artifacts also give the same effect.

Pejo

I've been trying (and failing) to get a cryo + phys + shatter team to work. I like the idea - it's almost as strong as overload, but without the explosion. I think the idea ultimately fails because I end up having to build one character for EM and ATT or cryo at the same time, and don't win either..

Kaeya ult would be a good choice, but just doesn't last long enough. So I've been trying Chongyun elemental skill - it sort of works. (Barbara or Xingqui for easy source of wet) .. but I've been having problems with him being interrupted on spin, and standard attack is too slow. He sort of needs a shield (btw why does he have such weak general stats for a claymore user - isn't it supposed to be tank - Kaeya has better stats ..)

The actual shatter damage is nice (even without stacking Elemental Mastery yet), and I can get it multiple times (if I'm not staggered out).

So maybe I need to use Diona (12s) or Ganyu (15s) ultimate for ice effect, and don't even use Chongyun at all, but instead use Noelle (who is already leveled to the gills) + hydro + shield + spin. This is probably what I'll try next, though I don't really want to give up on Chongyun.

What I really want is a hydro claymore user (or Qiqi), not a 4th pyro spear though.

Actually not Chongyung, but his burst is pretty forgettable. His elemental does though.
I like this idea a lot, but when I was trying to do a shatter team with Razor/Diona/Mona, the biggest thing I noticed is that you have such a small window to actually proc the shatter before the freeze wears off. Diona is nice because she can provide a shield, but without the Geo stuff you don't get the reduced stagger.

Superconduct on the other hand is 40% phys resist debuff with a 12 second timer, so it's a lot easier to proc and maintain. Up until this point only Razor and physical Keqing could really take advantage of it though, but Rosaria should be excellent for this role as well with an electro support like Beidou or Fishcl.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member

I love double anemo when I am doing resource rotations and battle pass fetching. The increased run speed and reduced stamina cost really do help.

Not sure I get...don't you already spend 20 resin to get rewards at the ley line? Or do you have spend snother 20 to get extra loot?
Yeah, you pay 20 and get double resources instead of the normal amount. What I am doing is playing early enough in the day to burn 60 resin on the Ley Lines to get the double effect then at night I burn 3 condensed resin with enough regular resin built up to recreate 3 more condensed resin.

Fake

I love double anemo when I am doing resource rotations and battle pass fetching. The increased run speed and reduced stamina cost really do help.

I used while ago (Traveler + Xiao) I don't find much different between those buffs. I guess is because their CD are already low.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Did someone get 1billion primogems or was it just 1 billion primogems spread across the whole playerbase?

As for Rosaria we aren't seeing some of her mechanics since landing crits gives her 10% atk speed buff. She also moves faster at night.

And I believe her Ele attack only has a 6 second CD which is really good. Speedy girl will be speedy.

I like fast and engaging over the slowness that is Hu Tao.

Fake

Ah so Mihoyo lied. I'd be mad too.

There is some speculation about the rewards being RNG because Mihoyo would hide player base at the last minute. If the reward was divided between player base could give us ideia of the active players.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Might as well get her out of the way now, right?
Well, yes and no. There was a chance that we could have had Diluc on a banner, so I would have pulled for him and emptied my remaining resources on Wolf Gravestone's banner.
And, well, I like pulling. DFFOO gives me enough free resources pull a lot, going months just saving without a single pull is boring as fuck.

Fuz

Banned
So, ok. Hot take here.

Here's the thing: I'm absolutely convinced that all those posts always pushing for new characters and most of the fan art on the subreddit are shilling and astroturfing, and they're driven by mihoyo's PR department. With the connivence of the mod team.

It's either that or people are more retarded and more embarassing that I would have ever imagined.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

So, ok. Hot take here.

Here's the thing: I'm absolutely convinced that all those posts always pushing for new characters and most of the fan art on the subreddit are shilling and astroturfing, and they're driven by mihoyo's PR department. With the connivence of the mod team.

It's either that or people are more retarded and more embarassing that I would have ever imagined.
Yeah I always think that. Same goes for meme videos and stuff - (which I enjoy)

And, well, I like pulling. DFFOO gives me enough free resources pull a lot, going months just saving without a single pull is boring as fuck.
I get that. Genshin is a pretty terrible game when it comes to the gacha. We should be able to do more wishes and get more diverse and interesting rewards. Mihoyo would have to overhaul the entire system to achieve that though.

What else is there to look forward to though? New areas? Those are a ways off. Story quests and events? Most of 'em suck ass. The only worthwhile content to consistently come out is new characters. So even if hype for new characters is artifically inflated by Mihoyo... People are not wrong for looking forward to them.

Mihoyo should be careful though, because if this continues for much longer, people are gonna grow bored of doing the same shit over and over with very little variety in gameplay and little reward, even with all those characters. Personally I'm looking forward to Yaoyao and how she'll introduce the dendro element. I'm hoping that will introduce new domains with new artifacts, perhaps new enemies and new tactics in combat.

Fuz

Banned
I get that. Genshin is a pretty terrible game when it comes to the gacha. We should be able to do more wishes and get more diverse and interesting rewards. Mihoyo would have to overhaul the entire system to achieve that though.
Usually gachas you pull for characters OR weapons. Mind you, in DFOO characters are all free, but completely useless if you don't pull for their weapons. But I think only in GI you have to pull for both.
Personally I'm looking forward to Yaoyao
chris-hansen-people-in-tv-photo-u1
You're in for a long, long wait, in any case. Inazuma is 2.0 and still quite far away, and I don't think she'll even be close to that.

Usually gachas you pull for characters OR weapons. Mind you, in DFOO characters are all free, but completely useless if you don't pull for their weapons. But I think only in GI you have to pull for both.

chris-hansen-people-in-tv-photo-u1
You're in for a long, long wait, in any case. Inazuma is 2.0 and still quite far away, and I don't think she'll even be close to that.
I wouldn't mind getting cosmetic items like skins or emotes from wishes. Heck, they could even add exp books and other materials to the gacha pool. 3 star weapons are mostly pointless, which means 90% of your wishes are going to result in worthless garbage. Combine that with the very limited amount of wishes you can do in this game as a F2P, and the only possible conclusion is that the gacha is just badly designed.

As for Yaoyao, she is from Liyue so I imagine she'd come out before Inazuma. Mihoyo teased her recently as well in one of their wallpapers on twitter.

Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
Mihoyo should be careful though, because if this continues for much longer, people are gonna grow bored of doing the same shit over and over with very little variety in gameplay and little reward, even with all those characters. Personally I'm looking forward to Yaoyao
I dunno man, I just delete anything and everything I see with my Klee and dendro looks like another geo (oh, joy lol). Mother nature probably will be close to reaction setup/debuff/stun/slow than to fire/electro direct DMG and to me it's even more boring than just delete enemies and move to the next target.

BlackM1st

Banned
getting cosmetic items like skins or emotes from wishes. Heck, they could even add exp books and other materials to the gacha pool
Yeah, sounds good. But don't ask MiHo for this feature. I have a feeling that they will just add more shit AND reduce 5☆ drop rates even more. 180 pulls for 50/50 guarantee! xD

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So, ok. Hot take here.

You might be on to something here considering all the big twitchy whale influencers have been doing nothing but promoting Hu dead on arrival Tao with the biggest loli circlejerk I've ever seen. If it's true then ima just stick to Honeyhunterworld for stats and infos.

Which I really don't understand the hype of. I guess they like surfboards with lackluster movesets.

-----------------

Speaking of DDFOO I picked that up the other day and the game is very very F2P friendly. In terms of gacha systems it's rather nice. Also. GILGAMESH.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
You might be on to something here considering all the big twitchy whale influencers have been doing nothing but promoting Hu dead on arrival Tao with the biggest loli circlejerk I've ever seen. If it's true then ima just stick to Honeyhunterworld for stats and infos.

Which I really don't understand the hype of. I guess they like surfboards with lackluster movesets.

-----------------

Speaking of DDFOO I picked that up the other day and the game is very very F2P friendly. In terms of gacha systems it's rather nice. Also. GILGAMESH.
It's been like this for new characters since I've started playing. Part of it sure is coming from embarassing weebs, but it's too much of "READY TO SWIPE?", "WE GONNA WHALE FOR HER SOON!" aimed to push and normalize whaling and gambling, and pathetic apreciaton posts like they were in love with a real person. It's just too much.
And the mods* delete discussions threads and drown potentially controversial opinions in a sea of annoying fan art, which serves as advertising.

* Gaming subreddit mods have always ties to the publishers. You don't think they'll let some random guy on the internet decide the fate of hundred of millions of dollars revenues, do you?

I've been playing it daily for 3 years and I still love it. There are some... annoyances and stuff that I bloody hate, but the game is really solid and - for a gacha - incredibly generous. IMHO, best Final Fantasy since X.

Last edited:
Top Bottom