• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
Hey, can someone tell me what number comes after 4,999?
Welp, I'm sorry xD
Here, have your 5.001 number xD
0z12TtD.jpg

BlackM1st

Banned
overlevelled some of my supports and less frequently used characters
Yeah, it's unfortunate. That's why I'm not pulling on current electric cat banner. She's a 2nd tier dps and only her teleport makes her S tier in my eyes. Baal will make her 3rd tier DPS lol. I simply don't need her and I don't wanna waste already limited resources on her. Same with recently pulled Razor. Guy is amazing: nice design, cool animations, very strong 4☆ DPS. But he uses weapons that I just don't have and his kit is useless to my team so all I got from him is his ascension wishes. Unfortunately in GI we can't easily level up all our heroes. I mean we can, but it's so time consuming that it simply doesn't worth the effort, especially if most if us use like 2-4 heroes.

crumbs

Which is what I didn't do and overlevelled some of my supports and less frequently used characters and had issues taking my mains to Level 90. :messenger_neutral:
Yes, it pretty tempting to keep raising some supports, but getting to them to ascension level 4 and unlocking their 2nd passive talent is usually enough. It does become trickier to decide when to keep leveling them. For me if comes down to how much value is found in continuing to raise their active talent levels past lvl 6.

I maxed my main DPS character to 90 and realized it was a mistake. Stopping at 85 or even somewhere in the low 80s makes more sense and you don't get sucked in the massive EXP and mora cost of going from 85 to 90.

Last edited:

Fake

80 to 90 require a loads of exp, even more from 5 star weapons. Is surreal. If someone asking how they make money, there is your answer.

I have the following characters at Lvl 90 with Lvl 85+ 4* weapons and they are more than enough to clear everything.

Klee
Ganyu
Ning
Fischl
Diluc
Noelle

I want to raise at least one Hydro user mostly Xinqu or Childe to 90 as well. Eagerly waiting for increased xp book drop leyline event.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
No Staff of Homa on my end, but at least I got a R5 Lithic Spear before hitting pity and a Gravestone popped up right after.

Time to build Liyue team and make CEO of GEO shine even more.

Last edited:

crumbs

Mainly because Xq can be a sub dps and great support even when off the field for Klee and Diluc. Childe mainly seems to be a selfish dps. Also my Xq is c5 whereas Childe is c0.
Agreed. Xingqiu is a great support that works with almost all most teams. Equip him with an energy recharge weapon, like the Favonius sword, and abuse his ult to work elemental reactions. His healing is OK, but it's a nice bonus considering the utility of his skill and ult.

Decided to finally pull on a weapon banner. I have Diluc so figured if I get Wolfs Gravestone im good, and if I get Staff of Homa then Id pull for Hu Tao.

9th wish I pulled Wolfs Gravestone. So that just saved me a ton of primogems. Sorry Hu Tao.

Last edited:

Pejo

Got a bug in my ass to pull on weapon banner, ended up getting a 5*, but it was a dupe Skyward Blade instead of...well, anything on the banner. Now I need to decide what to do with it. Jean has my first one. I could refine it, but that seems like a waste considering I don't have many 5* weapons. Keqing has R2 Black Sword, but I'm not sure which weapon is better for her. She would activate the passive of Skyward pretty often, but then she loses the crit from Black Sword for energy recharge which is kinda useless for her since she gets her ult back so fast anyways. I could put it on Qiqi but she pretty much needs the Sacrificial Sword I gave her to be any sort of Cryo applicator. Maybe I just sit on it for now until Ayaka or a future sword character. I guess MC can use it if I ever pull his ass off the bench.

Pejo

Well, now that I have all of the characters leveled to 80 that I might play, I've started in on Talents and weapons. Holy shit it's like my mora just straight up evaporated. I was originally going to stockpile xp books in the upcoming double leyline event, but it looks like I'll be stuck in the mora mines instead. Why the fuck are leveling talents so mora dependent, on top of everything else? I had pretty much ignored talents completely until now, even on my carry DPSes.

They're gated based on multiple different gates:
  • Mora
  • Books
  • Weekly boss random drops
  • Crowns
I mean that's just a little excessive isn't it? They could have cut us a break on the Mora part at least with all the other gated materials.

Regardless, I got Childe/Jean/Ganyu's talents maxed to the ascension I'm on, but now I'm down to 20k Mora (down from like 2.7 million earlier in the day). Worst part, I don't even see that much improvement on damage.

Pejo

Trust me, this is the worst one lol. Few months and still not a single Klee talent item. Not since Albedo release. Unbelievable. Mora is the least of your problems ;D

Yeah, you should welcome RNG in your life and go to Artifacts domains.
I'm doing ok for now on boss drops, I seem to get a pretty varied selection of the drops and often get 2+ from the same boss.

Artifacts are the endgame, so I'm waiting until I finally uncap 45 to start farming those. I have enough Gladiator/Wanderer 5*s to fill out all of my teams in temp artifacts. I've only been leveling my carry DPS artifact sets, everyone else is at level 1.

Curious - is there a 5* equivalent to the Exile set, or anything that has energy recharge as a set bonus? I still use a lot of 4* exile artifacts on my supports, but I'd eventually like to upgrade out of them.

Pejo

And you're still bleeding for money. How many characters you're leveling? xD If you're doing them all, you're in for a loooooong ride xD
I am, and unfortunately I am. The only ones that I have that I haven't leveled is Kaeya/Xingqui/Benny/Sucrose. I even leveled MC and Lisa for shits n giggles.

BlackM1st

Banned
Wut? I thought you only could get featured weapons for the 5 stars pulls.
No way. Read the banner description. All 5☆ are there.

Banner guarantees 5-star weapon at least once per 80 attempts.

The first time you win a 5-star weapon in this banner, there is a 75% chance it will be a promo weapon. If you didn't win the promotional 5-star weapons on your first 5-star weapon, the next 5-star will be 100% one of the promotional weapon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

crumbs

I'm doing ok for now on boss drops, I seem to get a pretty varied selection of the drops and often get 2+ from the same boss.

Artifacts are the endgame, so I'm waiting until I finally uncap 45 to start farming those. I have enough Gladiator/Wanderer 5*s to fill out all of my teams in temp artifacts. I've only been leveling my carry DPS artifact sets, everyone else is at level 1.

Curious - is there a 5* equivalent to the Exile set, or anything that has energy recharge as a set bonus? I still use a lot of 4* exile artifacts on my supports, but I'd eventually like to upgrade out of them.

I don't believe any of 5 star artifacts sets has energy recharge as a set bonus, I think you would need to get an individual crown, cup, or time piece for ER on those 5 star sets.

Farming for artifacts is the most soul-crushing part of this game. At least condensed resin allows you to save time.

It's annoying how some materials are gated behind multiple systems. Like the weekly boss rewards: they're both time and resin restricted. Since I can only get rewards once a week, sure would be nice if I also didn't need 60 resin to collect from a weekly boss. The extra 180 resin per week saved would be appreciated when farming other materials.

BlackM1st

Banned
Wasn't like 65 for weapon banner?
I really want Wolf greatsword, but pulling for weapons seem a very stupid thing to do for me.
I don't remember, honestly. I'm never ever pulling on it (well, I pulled twice just to test it and got lion's roar) and all I can say is that it's just criminal to keep such amazing looking weapons behind gatcha. Dat 5☆ claymore looks soooooo slick and tempting. In fact it's more tempting than an Electric Cat ;D

Fake

I remember in the Childe banner getting a 5 star sword, I guess the sky claymore with energy recharge as a secondary effect and my brother on the weapon banner getting the Xingu.

x@3f*oo_e!

Just to make it worse it's 75% on two weapons, so 37.5% each overall.

Might even need 3 x 90 pities to get the one you want. Or worse. There's no guarantee you'll ever the the right one of the two.

It's all a bit much. I'll be going for 4* duplicates and if I get a good 5* that I maybe can use that;s good luck.

Pejo

Wut? I thought you only could get featured weapons for the 5 stars pulls.
Yea I thought so too, that's why I dropped a 10 pull on it. I didn't read until after the fact that the other two only have a 75% rate up.

Pity says 80 pulls on there too. Thank god I didn't drop a full 80 pulls to get an off-banner duplicate 5* weapon.

I don't believe any of 5 star artifacts sets has energy recharge as a set bonus, I think you would need to get an individual crown, cup, or time piece for ER on those 5 star sets.

Farming for artifacts is the most soul-crushing part of this game. At least condensed resin allows you to save time.

It's annoying how some materials are gated behind multiple systems. Like the weekly boss rewards: they're both time and resin restricted. Since I can only get rewards once a week, sure would be nice if I also didn't need 60 resin to collect from a weekly boss. The extra 180 resin per week saved would be appreciated when farming other materials.
Yea you were right, I found this:

Looks like a lot of my supports will have 4* artifacts for a while then. you can get 40% ER just by equipping 2 pieces of both Scholar and Exile, and considering most of them are there just for their bursts or ele skills, I don't see a compelling reason to move them to a different set. Still would be nice to have the extra stats, but again, the way I play doesn't demand that they can do big damage. I'm a little disappointed that the only Elemental Mastery set is Wanderer's. It's pretty easy to see which 5* sets are made for carry DPS, but a lot of good stats for supports are locked to 4* sets. The Pyro and Hydro sets are pretty much custom built for Diluc and Childe respectively.

Fake

At this point I find more easy get a 5 star weapon on the banner than a prototype from the week boss.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
At this point I find more easy get a 5 star weapon on the banner than a prototype from the week boss.
This is by design. But god forbid you go and criticize the gacha rates on reddit.
Yea I thought so too, that's why I dropped a 10 pull on it. I didn't read until after the fact that the other two only have a 75% rate up.

Pity says 80 pulls on there too. Thank god I didn't drop a full 80 pulls to get an off-banner duplicate 5* weapon.
Reddit LIED to me.

BlackM1st

Banned
I keep getting books. Got my 3rd one from Wolf yesterday.
Looks like you formed some kind of unholy bond with the game. You pay it with your time by leveling all the characters and it gives you all the drops you need just to keep leeching your time out D:

I remember in the Childe banner getting a 5 star sword, I guess the sky claymore with energy recharge as a secondary effect and my brother on the weapon banner getting the Xingu.

Thats impossible.

The different item gates and the grind and rng behind them is the reason I only play this game during special evets and then shelve it until the next event.

Fake

No, I mean getting a 5* weapon in limited character banner is impossible. Unless you meant that you got 5* weapon from the standard banner when Childe's banner was available.

I remember getting on a 5 star banner, duno if was Childe or Zhongli. I just put temp banners.

Gonna check my wish history.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Well, now that I have all of the characters leveled to 80 that I might play, I've started in on Talents and weapons. Holy shit it's like my mora just straight up evaporated. I was originally going to stockpile xp books in the upcoming double leyline event, but it looks like I'll be stuck in the mora mines instead. Why the fuck are leveling talents so mora dependent, on top of everything else? I had pretty much ignored talents completely until now, even on my carry DPSes.

They're gated based on multiple different gates:
  • Mora
  • Books
  • Weekly boss random drops
  • Crowns
I mean that's just a little excessive isn't it? They could have cut us a break on the Mora part at least with all the other gated materials.

Regardless, I got Childe/Jean/Ganyu's talents maxed to the ascension I'm on, but now I'm down to 20k Mora (down from like 2.7 million earlier in the day). Worst part, I don't even see that much improvement on damage.

Now imagine jumping them to 80 to 90. Now, double imagine you're one those poor fellows that went straight to WR without taking that in consideration.

Pejo

Yeah what’s this about?
My guess is that it takes a good 6 months of development before even leaks about stuff start to come out. We had that sheet of upcoming characters into Inazuma like 3 months ago, and we likely won't see Inazuma for another 3 months, so I guess it sorta lines up. We're currently still playing content that was released and playable back in the pre-release beta, such as Xiao and the lantern festival.

$200 million a year on the game is way too much, the content so far sure isn't showing that.
A live game has a lot of upkeep and maintenance costs, plus ongoing development too at the same time.

If Inazuma is as large and varied an area as Liyue is, you'll understand soon enough where all this money is going.

Larxia

If Inazuma is as large and varied an area as Liyue is, you'll understand soon enough where all this money is going.
I see people mentionning Liyue quite often when they talk about the map, but I actually enjoyed Mondstadt a lot more.

I prefered the landscapes of mondstadt but one big reason I started being annoyed when exploring Liyue was because of the big focus on the geo Element in the exploration.
I didn't use any geo characters, and the game constantly forced you to switch between all the elements for the puzzles, while you can't have all the elements at once, it's quite tedious to switch teams all the time (especially when exploration was also a lot better with amber in the team in the early game, but I stopped using her later because she wasn't good for combats).

This will probably keep being a thing in the future, I think there is a problem with how element related puzzle are made, it's not directly tied to Liyue, but as a whole I prefered mondstadt in general.

Last edited:
I see people mentionning Liyue quite often when they talk about the map, but I actually enjoyed Mondstadt a lot more.

I prefered the landscapes of mondstadt but one big reason I started being annoyed when exploring Liyue was because of the big focus on the geo Element in the exploration.
I didn't use any geo characters, and the game constantly forced you to switch between all the elements for the puzzles, while you can't have all the elements at once, it's quite tedious to switch teams all the time (especially when exploration was also a lot better with amber in the team in the early game, but I stopped using her later because she wasn't good for combats).

This will probably keep being a thing in the future, I think there is a problem with how element related puzzle are made, it's not directly tied to Liyue, but as a whole I prefered mondstadt in general.
The problem with the overworld's design is that the developers can't assume you have anyone other than the units which are given to you during the course of the story. So they always have to assume you have only Traveler, Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa. Since then Barbara was made permanently available, and Xiangling is available if you clear Abyss 3-3, but you still can't assume players have them since they require certain conditions be met. Even units given away as freebies during events can't be assumed as held by players because if a player started after the event has ended they won't have the unit, for example Fischl.

So for the purposes of overworld exploration, your canon party is always going to be Traveler, Amber, Kaeya, and Lisa. Traveler of course will always be able to access the element associated with the region you are exploring, which in the case of Liyue is Geo. This will always be the case going forward and is unavoidable for the reasons I have outlined.

I'm going to level my Traveler at some point just for this reason alone, that way no matter what happens going forward I will be able to drop Traveler in as needed to solve puzzles in the overworld.

Last edited:
Top Bottom