• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

I would stop at 45.

I second that. There's really no reason in the game yet to go past 45.

Stay at 45 and be happy, unless you're meta and do 70k dmg.

There is no reason to stay at 45. The world doesn't really get any harder past 45 or even 50. I'm at AR52 now and I don't notice much difference from when I was 44, 45, or 46. In general the difficulty of the open world is very easy, but the last tier of stuff like Stormterror and Tartaglia unlocks at 50 so you're missing out on that staying at 45. The difficulty of instances is set by you, when you choose the level, and is not impacted by world level. Technically at 55 you finally unlock a guaranteed gold artifact drop from world bosses but that's a very long grind to get there.

Last edited:

Fake

There is no reason to stay at 45. The world doesn't really get any harder past 45 or even 50. I'm at AR52 now and I don't notice much difference from when I was 44, 45, or 46. In general the difficulty of the open world is very easy, but the last tier of stuff like Stormterror and Tartaglia unlocks at 50 so you're missing out on that staying at 45. The difficulty of instances is set by you, when you choose the level, and is but impacted by world level. Technically at 55 you finally unlock a guaranteed gold artifact drop from world bosses but that's a very long grind to get there.

lol. Are you nuts or just talking your ass?

Reizo Ryuu

Puss In Boots Cat GIF

Fake

The drop rate is shit it doesn't matter if you are AR45-50.

I like 2 months at AR45, only dropped one 5 star perfect gem from world boss. No prototype so far.

People can go back this thread if I joking.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

Do drop rates of gemstone chunks increase past WL5 .. or just get some of the bigger ones ?

Refusing to do alchemy obviously.

btw anyone been testing the parametric converter ? Loading screen hint I saw seemed to suggest that different inputs give different outputs. Using 150 sunsetia I got purple books plus some crystals and talent books and other stuff I think. wiki says it's all trash. Second time I tried with anemo no electro activation and the results looked different. But RNG probably

Fake

Do drop rates of gemstone chunks increase past WL5 .. or just get some of the bigger ones ?

Refusing to do alchemy obviously.

As far I remember, they don't increase the drop rate, just unlock the locked portion of the monster drop locked by the AR. If is there any chance increase, is very little. I remember looking for on reddit and someone at AR50 complain he keep dropping the first gemstone from world bosses.

btw anyone been testing the parametric converter ? Loading screen hint I saw seemed to suggest that different inputs give different outputs. Using 150 sunsetia I got purple books plus some crystals and talent books and other stuff I think. wiki says it's all trash. Second time I tried with anemo no electro activation and the results looked different. But RNG probably

Me and my brother did this, different materials, diferents combinations of elemental reaction.

RNGod. All of this.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
There is no reason to stay at 45. The world doesn't really get any harder past 45 or even 50. I'm at AR52 now and I don't notice much difference from when I was 44, 45, or 46. In general the difficulty of the open world is very easy, but the last tier of stuff like Stormterror and Tartaglia unlocks at 50 so you're missing out on that staying at 45. The difficulty of instances is set by you, when you choose the level, and is not impacted by world level. Technically at 55 you finally unlock a guaranteed gold artifact drop from world bosses but that's a very long grind to get there.
I agree with you. At ar55 currently and the benefits at 55 outweigh the grind benefits of 45.

I don’t give a rat’s behind about the spiral abyss,all I am doing is getting all my characters to ascension 7. The qty drop rates on character and weapon enhancements at ar55 is the highest you can get currently so I am maximizing my boss and domain runs.

I still one cycle the world bosses and have no issues cleaning domains.

I don’t see a benefit for staying at ARXX if you have level 80 to 90 characters and have the XP to hit ar55.

for reference:
3 accounts:
2 at ar55 (spend $40 a month)
One on PS5 at ar35 (F2P)

Did you do the quest to raise your world level!? There is a very noticeable difficulty increase with each level.
I'm AR 52 LMAO.

Let me be more clear about this. When I hit AR45, I did spend about a week or so grinding out some XP books and stuff to level my units first, I didn't immediately go into that world level ascension domain. However when I felt ready to ascend world level, I did that domain and got on with my life in the game. There is literally no reason to stay at AR45 forever, all you are doing is preventing your own progression because not only do you only unlock the last tiers of the weekly bosses at AR50, but you cannot do your characters and weapons final ascension and unlock level 90 either. There is actual drop rate increase on stuff you want from the weekly bosses, and yes you also get more drops of the gems you need to ascend from the world bosses too.

Last edited:
I agree with you. At ar55 currently and the benefits at 55 outweigh the grind benefits of 45.

I don’t give a rat’s behind about the spiral abyss,all I am doing is getting all my characters to ascension 7. The qty drop rates on character and weapon enhancements at ar55 is the highest you can get currently so I am maximizing my boss and domain runs.

I still one cycle the world bosses and have no issues cleaning domains.

I don’t see a benefit for staying at ARXX if you have level 80 to 90 characters and have the XP to hit ar55.

for reference:
3 accounts:
2 at ar55 (spend $40 a month)
One on PS5 at ar35 (F2P)
Nice to see someone else who actually plays this game besides me. Although you should really check out the Spiral Abyss, it's reputation for difficulty is dramatically overrated. You can easily clear through Floor 11 if you are 1-cycling world bosses and soloing all the domains at highest difficulty.

Dregnel

Nice to see someone else who actually plays this game besides me. Although you should really check out the Spiral Abyss, it's reputation for difficulty is dramatically overrated. You can easily clear through Floor 11 if you are 1-cycling world bosses and soloing all the domains at highest difficulty.
dude i don't even do weekly bosses i don't give a fuck about power some people just play to have some fun playing with some cute girl and badass dudes, i don't want to farm xp books to lv up my character to lv 80 i want to keep them lv 70 to lv up more characters, i win nothing if i lv up my AR to 50, nothing dude i don't even do book runs, nothing, sometimes i skip the abyss too in this month i did 0 weekly bosses.

Pejo

"If you don't enjoy what I enjoy and play the way I play, you obviously don't play the game"

What is the purpose of entering the thread just to antagonize everyone in it, btw? You could just state your opinion without being so abrasive, but maybe I'm the only one that feels that way.

x@3f*oo_e!

She's wonderful, and still a 4* afaik. They could put a turd with her on a banner and still make bank. Maybe they'll give her some sort of mark enemies thing with the knife

You probably already seen this - two of the best girls in all Mondstatd :

(reddit)

Last edited:

Dregnel

4e7GsNE.gif

Gif

Now. What the fuck, why MiHo didn't gave her that knife/kunai? She looks fucking menacing with it, like a wife that catched you cheating and now you and your balls will have to learn to live without each other D:

i don't expect new weapons anytime soon it took years to release a new type of valkyrie with new weapon in honkai, they are using more money here so... who knows but i wanted to see xinyan using her guitar instead a 2h sword.

x@3f*oo_e!

Speaking of future characters, 2027 can't come soon enough.

2NxMRVP.jpg

Does this Herrscher of Whatever have a name yet? I'm certain she will be playable eventually..

BlackM1st

Banned
xinyan using her guitar instead a 2h sword.
ice cube friday movie GIF

LMAO, that would be hilarious xD

Also, isn't treasure hunters use kunai already? And we have fatui with guns/hammers/big knifes... I know that enemies and heroes are totally different, but at least MiHO has something to work with.

clem84

Gold Member
I'm at the beginning of the game. Do we have to level up each party member? The pages we collect to level up party members, what if I use them all on the same character to make it super powerful to overpower all the bosses? Will I run into problems later if I do that?

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

I'm at the beginning of the game. Do we have to level up each party member? The pages we collect to level up party members, what if I use them all on the same character to make it super powerful to overpower all the bosses? Will I run into problems later if I do that?
Separately levelled.

Having one uber-powerful character can work, especially if it's a good character.

There might be roadblocks ahead with that plan though, but some support characters can work well at very low level too. (just don't get hit).

Just do it, find out later. It won't hurt your game at all..

[edit - you can get to lvl.15 early one when enemies are lvl.3 - you'll be around 500% more powerful than them .. later on this is impossible .. so enjoy it but it won't last probably]

[[the only warning I'd give is at some point keep a small stockpile of levelling materials just in case because reasons ..]]

Last edited:
Whoever gave the idea of talking to npc and having the talk continue after every 10 steps should be fired. It seems there is absolutely no talented people involved now who can come up with good quests which have interesting plot and good balance of talk and fight. Now its mostly get me stuff, cook me stuff etc.

Reactions: Fuz
AR 55 here. There was a point in previous world levels where I could feel a marked increase in difficulty but after a certain point that feeling was gone due to having some decently raised characters/artifacts and taking advantage of elemental reactions. (Unraised characters hit like a wet noodle since a long time ago but I still use some now for reactions as I slowly build them).

IMO, There is no need to rush the AR nor is there need to stop at certain WL in fear of increased difficulty. But ultimately it depends on one's circumstances, playstyles, and progression priorities. In a game so heavily RNG, not everyone is going to have the same or even similar experience in their rate of progression relative to difficulty.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
No point in increasing AR 45. Rewards are still the same across the board. If raising AR gave me guaranteed 5* artifacts with guaranteed 4 substats it might be worth considering but as new characters come out I'd rather face enemies they can kill reasonable instead of using a lvl 80 character to kill for me until they get enough ascensions to take on harder shit.

I only really see value in increasing AR level if the main story quests say you must.

The higher tier rewards are only for flexing on Spiral Abyss and high level domains. Other then that there is no endgame content whatsoever.

Now maybe if high AR level meant enemies or bosses could drop Fragile Resin or standard wishes then that might be worth but they don't really drop shit.

BlackM1st

Banned
CN collab. Buy a fire batman KFC basket and get limited wings.
dsgDc2j.jpg

And my friends laughed when I said that KFC will have a collab with GI before any other collab. Who's laughing now??? (Definitely not me ;_; )

For now GI customization is a letdown. Wings instead of skins, flying bubbles instead of pets...

BlackM1st

Banned
Good news everyone! If you're worried that you will not be able to save enough wishes for future heroes, fear not, there's no 9999 limit on them!

ttPTja7.jpg

D: D: D:

Fuz

Banned
Anyone wanna help me understand why my Xiao hits like a wet noodle? He pales in comparison to my Razor (who has a 5★ claymore and one more level of talents btw))

Fake

Are u using the elemtal burst?

Those 5 art just work when combo 4. You almost the build my Xiao, using a 4 star spear with atk and physical bonus.
Maybe trying 4 gladiador or doing the anemo full sel + elemental burst.

Saber

Gold Member
Anyone wanna help me understand why my Xiao hits like a wet noodle? He pales in comparison to my Razor (who has a 5★ claymore and one more level of talents btw))

Are you talking about auto-attacks? Maybe is because the lack of psysical dmg bonus.

Fuz

Banned
Are u using the elemtal burst?

Those 5 art just work when combo 4. You almost the build my Xiao, using a 4 star spear with atk and physical bonus.
Maybe trying 4 gladiador or doing the anemo full sel + elemental burst.
Yeah, the burst is on like 100% of the time with that excessive ER I have.
Are you talking about auto-attacks? Maybe is because the lack of psysical dmg bonus.
Both auto attack and anemo attacks/plunge. Burst plunge is embarassing.

Edit: looks like first step will be finding a venerer anemo goblet. I have a few good geo damage up
300px-Thumbs_Up_Crying_Cat.jpg

Edit 2: as I've noticed time and around, ranting works. Just got the 50000 crit dmg achievement on a dive weak bounty.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

AR 55 here. There was a point in previous world levels where I could feel a marked increase in difficulty but after a certain point that feeling was gone due to having some decently raised characters/artifacts and taking advantage of elemental reactions. (Unraised characters hit like a wet noodle since a long time ago but I still use some now for reactions as I slowly build them).
True

When you go from WL2 to WL4 enemies double (Acension quest 2) or 1.5x in level; from WL4 to WL6 (AR45, ascension quest 3) increase is 1.5 to 1.25x,; from WL6 to WL7 it's under 15% (Ascension quest 4) .. just how the maths works here. Enemies (hillicurl) have DEF that is 5x their level, attack is probably similar.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Xiao burst mode turns every attack into Anemo element therefore any physical attack bonuses are pointless during this mode. You'll want anemo damage up and ATK, ATK% up for your flat damage.

You'll probably want to stack up as much ATK, ATK%, CRIT Rate and Crit damage as much as you can since Xiao is a pure DPS.

Unlike Razor who deals both Physical and Electro damage at the same time.

Fake

You can either create a build for basic attacks + elemental skill or make a full elemental burst build.

ATK%, ATK again, CRIT rate and CRIT dmg at the same time on.

BlackM1st

Banned
Got Razor from standard banner. Not bad, but not great either. Got him to 50 and didn't get any new 4☆ from his free wishes. For actual game I have C6 Iron Maiden and only a couple of barely decent claymores. I would preferred an electric cat because game decided that all I need from standard banner is a metric fuckton of 1H swords.

Top Bottom