• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Guilty_AI

Summon twice on beginner wish. You get 10 wishes for the price of 8 and a guaranteed character (Noelle).
People usually reroll to do the beginner wish again and again until they get a character they really want.
oh, might do just that. You mean spend 16 blues to get 20 wishes right? oh just read i only need the 10 first to get noelle

Last edited:
might try one just to see whatever happens
Personally, I'd just pull on the current promo banner for Bennett and Ning, and then stop there. Maybe try to get a copy of one or both, because their first constellations (unlocked with a copy of the same character) are both pretty good. After that, continue to save up again. Unless you REALLY want a non-promo five star on a promo banner, such as the current one, it's probably a good idea to skip all of them. If you can end up with the same character from "losing" the 50/50 on the promo banner, you probably wouldn't want to waste winning the 50/50 on that character.

Example possibility: Spend 78 wishes on this banner, get Keqing as the featured character, and get Keqing again when you're trying for a promo character on the next banner. That wouldn't be good.

OR

Spend 78 wishes on the next banner, get Keqing at random, and get a guarantee of the featured promo character the next time you get a five star.

It can take months to save up for a five star, so you generally don't want to end up with copies of the same five star character.

And yeah, I mean do all this after you've used up the beginner banner wishes.

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

How does the wishes system work?
I've read there are standard wishes and limited-time event wishes, i assume the former are the blue wishes and the later are the rainbow wishes i've seen others talking about here before. But why were you saying that i shouldn't waste time with standards and should go for rainbows only?
The actual probabilities to get 5 or 4* are the same. [edit - across the two banners]

It makes sense to use the limited banner when it has characters you want. Otherwise you just have to wait.

I've pulled and spent primogems on the standard banner because I have no issue with lucky dips - I wouldn't have Jean right now if I didn't. I also need weapons too..

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

I haven't made any rolls yet, is it worth to throw a bunch of what i have saved right now on rainbow wishes?
No. Wait. (Keqing is almost certainly not the character you want)

Did you do the beginners banner yet ?

My advice is A. play the game, and B. save primogems but spend the wish crystals as you get them.

[Edit C - from the amount of primgems stuff you have you haven't got enough to get much except disappointment .. strongly recommend do the game and ignore the forum/wiki/reddit and wishes for a good time]

Last edited:
might try one just to see whatever happens
To follow up on what I just posted, on second thought, as I new player I don't think I'd try for the constellations of Bennett and Ning. At that point, it's probably better just to start saving up for more characters and get constellations later on. At least I know I'd rather have more characters as a new player.

Aside from that, read the first couple of posts in the thread for some beginner advice. Any questions, feel free to ask.

BlackM1st

Banned
Save till you have 180 intertwined fates, that way you can wish for signora guaranteed.
Da fuck? xD

22 blues, 1 purple and 1050 primogens
Theres this beginners wish too, what is that?
Yeah man, roll on beginners and roll 22 blues. Don't touch primogems.

lziXK9W.jpg

Fucking Albedo... xD

BlackM1st

Banned
Pretty interesting. The males (Childe, Zhongli, Albedo) never came close to the spike that Ganyu and Xiao brought Japan-side.
I guess being PC and kpop friendly is overrated. Most girls(who actually play) prefer to play as girls too and not just giggle at Zhongli's ass.

LOL. Klee is bae, fun(dumb) AND strongest DPS in the whole game. Who wouldn't pull on her? She's not a lolicon character. She's just a normal, innocent child.
She's not even close to the strongest DPS in the game. Even played perfectly with animation canceling, which is extremely rare because her animation cancel is very difficult and her animations are very clunky, she can at best approach Diluc's steady DPS but not exceed it despite putting in 10 times more effort. Ganyu blows both Diluc and Klee away in sheer DPS potential, and all 3 in practice have periods where they don't have 100% DPS uptime and your own personal ability to sustain uptime is more important than which of the 3 has a bigger number on a spreadsheet. Also Klee and Diluc are heavily centered around building a proper team to trigger Vaporize or Melt reactions, that's their biggest DPS amplifier, whereas Ganyu is fine with carrying solo and still shits out huge numbers and having someone to Freeze enemies for her is really a convenience and not a necessity.

Last edited:
Irrelevant, I have both and my Klee carries a 5☆ book :3
I have Diluc, Klee, and Ganyu. My Ganyu has an Amos Bow. As I'm undecided who I truly want to main for pyro DPS, I haven't attempted to pull for a 5* weapon for either Diluc or Klee. I find Klee to be much more fun to play, but Diluc to be more consistent on my teams but also boring as shit. You don't need 5* weapons or even 5* units to clear Abyss either way so I'm not fussed about it.

Dregnel

She's not even close to the strongest DPS in the game. Even played perfectly with animation canceling, which is extremely rare because her animation cancel is very difficult and her animations are very clunky, she can at best approach Diluc's steady DPS but not exceed it despite putting in 10 times more effort. Ganyu blows both Diluc and Klee away in sheer DPS potential, and all 3 in practice have periods where they don't have 100% DPS uptime and your own personal ability to sustain uptime is more important than which of the 3 has a bigger number on a spreadsheet. Also Klee and Diluc are heavily centered around building a proper team to trigger Vaporize or Melt reactions, that's their biggest DPS amplifier, whereas Ganyu is fine with carrying solo and still shits out huge numbers and having someone to Freeze enemies for her is really a convenience and not a necessity.

just hold E and press left click again i never fail to cancel her animation.

i meant D or A.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member

I think it has to do with her being considered a mage, thus her auto-attacks are aways pyro elements, so a player wouldn't need to constantly use skills or burst to defeat spam of ice shields from monsters.

BlackM1st

Banned
Funny thing I noticed reading discussions about Ayaka. Lots of people are upset because of her pantsu nerf (I'm one of them, obviously). But we also have a lot of people saying something like "why do you care, it's only a pantsu, you perv, MiHo did the right thing!". Am I the only one seeing here a cognitive dissonance? By that logic people who are FOR censorship also care about pantsu, no? Care enough to support censorship and care enough to support MiHo/ Chinese government regulators? I dunno about you guys, but I laugh when I see "nobody cares, censorship is good!" posts. One girl went as far as saying that she wears shorts under her skirt too. Can't imagine that, but it had me rolling...

YukiOnna

Funny thing I noticed reading discussions about Ayaka. Lots of people are upset because of her pantsu nerf (I'm one of them, obviously). But we also have a lot of people saying something like "why do you care, it's only a pantsu, you perv, MiHo did the right thing!". Am I the only one seeing here a cognitive dissonance? By that logic people who are FOR censorship also care about pantsu, no? Care enough to support censorship and care enough to support MiHo/ Chinese government regulators? I dunno about you guys, but I laugh when I see "nobody cares, censorship is good!" posts. One girl went as far as saying that she wears shorts under her skirt too. Can't imagine that, but it had me rolling...
I think it's ridiculous given what the game clearly is and what message Mihoyo literally has when making this game and their company logo. If it's only pantsu... then why do you care that people are upset about censoring something so "trivial"?

You're welcome to quit whenever you want in protest. China doesn't know you exist nor would they care if they did. The reality is that games in China have to follow very strict rules about what they are allowed to show and Mihoyo is a Chinese company so they have to do as CCP says. If this bothers you then it's time for you to go play Granblue Fantasy or something instead. You're not getting the pantsu back and whining about it on the Internet isn't going to suddenly cause China to become a democracy.

Saber

Gold Member
You're welcome to quit whenever you want in protest. China doesn't know you exist nor would they care if they did. The reality is that games in China have to follow very strict rules about what they are allowed to show and Mihoyo is a Chinese company so they have to do as CCP says. If this bothers you then it's time for you to go play Granblue Fantasy or something instead. You're not getting the pantsu back and whining about it on the Internet isn't going to suddenly cause China to become a democracy.

Err...I don't think it was his point.

Look this way, the game has sexy ladies, bouncing mechanics and pretty male faces(and butts, seems like people love to watch males buttox as well). But pantsu? Now you cross the damn line.

If you ask me, they put all of that because they want the game to be that way. Unless they go back sensoring everything I just told you, seems like contraditory to me. Not that I care though...and people will eventually see everything from every character eventually(so its not like having pants will save Ayaka from the looks), unless they're that dork who covers his eyes himself playing Yakuza.

Last edited:

Dregnel

their other game is full of pantsus with the same pegi, it's not a problem about the CCP, that sounds like a movie.

Err...I don't think it was his point.

Look this way, the game has sexy ladies, bouncing mechanics and pretty male faces(and butts, seems like people love to watch males buttox as well). But pantsu? Now you cross the damn line.

If you ask me, they put all of that because they want the game to be that way. Unless they go back sensoring everything I just told you, seems like contraditory to me. Not that I care though...and people will eventually see everything from every character eventually(so its not like having pants will save Ayaka from the looks), unless they're that dork who covers his eyes himself playing Yakuza.
Well I mean you just proved my point. Mihoyo puts in everything they think they CAN get away with. But they are much better aware of what their government will allow than any of us are, and they will censor things that they think will actually get them in trouble. Seems to me like it makes perfect sense in that context. I'm fairly certain they aren't censoring things in their game just for fun, and I assure you there are no SJW's in China, so it's obviously for another reason.

Pejo

MHY has some explaining to do. I want to know why we didn't get an English version of this video RIGHT NOW featuring best girl.

BlackM1st

Banned
Well I mean you just proved my point. Mihoyo puts in everything they think they CAN get away with.
Your point? Who the F cares about MiHo struggles? Read my damn post, man. I never asked for panties or complained about MiHo internal struggle. You are completely off the mark with this one.

Again, I will spell it out for you: I was laughing at people (PART OF THE PLAYERBASE) that are pretending to not care about censorship while calling people who care(like me) "pervs". This is why I called it "cognitive dissonance".

Calling out people who care about something, while pretending that you don't care about same damn thing.

I hope that now my message is clear enough and let's leave it here, I see that pantsu nonsense is a touchy subject to you and other people who make me laugh. No offense intended and no offense taken, but I don't wanna continue this particular discussion at this particular time. Peace.

x@3f*oo_e!

I kinda need to level up her. But damn, I hate her boss, just like I hate geo boss. Such a pain to end them in one stage. My favorite boss is the water one...
The C1 (or maybe C2) when she gets a second go with the elemental skill made me love her - she was ok before.

Anemo hypostatis doesn't even die for me even when I collect all the orbs at the end. It sits there immune to damage for 5 sec, then comes back with a slither of health anyway. Prefer the other two, even though geo is a bit of a slog.

Top Bottom