• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

Yeah, about that... Looks like her dash/sprint is also used as a DMG increase mark on enemies, so I would recommend you to getting used to it and train on Mona if you can xD
Oh, I get it. I have Mona and one of her passive talents is dropping a shorter duration, less powerful version of her elemental skill taunt when coming out of her dash, but you have to be near an enemy trigger it. So I'm used to getting up close, but it would still be nice to have some type of option to switch between the dashes.

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah, about that... Looks like her dash/sprint is also used as a DMG increase mark on enemies, so I would recommend you to getting used to it and train on Mona if you can xD

I never actually touched Ayaka to begin with and neither have Mona, so it would something entirelly new to me. I hope its not as bad as you guys said.

Pejo

I never actually touched Ayaka to begin with and neither have Mona, so it would something entirelly new to me. I hope its not as bad as you guys said.
It's definitely not a reason to not pull her if you like everything else about her, but I just feel like people expecting to use her as a carry dps are going to find themselves not having much fun with it unless they change some stuff about it. I dislike the fact that you're locked into the animation for 2-3 seconds the most, but if they added I-frames (invincibility) to the majority of that part, it would alleviate some of the frustration right off of the bat. Basically get used to playing in a way that you're only dashing when you absolutely have to, not just to animation cancel or reposition, because that's going to be her style. I use tons of dashes in my normal play just to reposition and dodge through enemy attacks, and that's just a bad habit to be in if I wanted to roll Ayaka (again, how she played in the previous beta).

Fuz

Banned
Was Ayaka playable on closed beta? How do you guys know she'll have movement issues like Mona?

EDIT: Yep.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
It's not bad. It's different and it's way less annoying than Xiao's jumping ultimate. Nothing worthy of a skip.

BlackM1st

Banned
Was Ayaka playable on closed beta? How do you guys know she'll have movement issues like Mona?
She was and she was exactly the same + ice status. She can walk on a water. She's our lord and savior in GI world ;D

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
This game really need new types of weapons.
I'm expecting katanas.

Actually, a katana would perfectly fit Ayaka. I think there's a chance they release her with those as a new weapon type (or maybe just the model?).

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Axes, crossbow, hammer, etc...
Now that you mention crossbows, I think on reddit there was a leak (possibily fake) of guns as the next weapon type to be released along some new character.

Which is the stupidest possible addition, imho.

Fake

Now that you mention crossbows, I think on reddit there was a leak (possibily fake) of guns as the next weapon type to be released along some new character.

Which is the stupidest possible addition, imho.

Yeah, I don't see guns as a good weapon in this game.

Pejo

Yeah, I don't see guns as a good weapon in this game.
Guns will be in eventually, my guess is Fontaine.

They'll be mid range instant attacks, think like the attack speed of Lisa with the range of a bow character.

I'm also guessing we'll see axes/scythes eventually since MHY likes them (rightfully so, they're cool if impractical weapons).

BlackM1st

Banned
embarassing Anime fans have a fixation with them. Not the first time I see them requested for a medieval-ish setting anime game.
Yeah, no:

kgwyDGi.png
r6IY3aE.gif
YUBDMHZ.png
NgczqBB.gif

I kinda need my rocket launcher, some homing missiles and maybe a shotgun. Oh, and a classic repeater rifle, just like the one Ashe wields:
V2IQvsV.gif

Be real people, first 2 cities are fucking no man's lands when it comes to technology, but we will visit much more advanced nations in the future and God's tech in future updates. Freaking Fatui can reprogram ruin guards and play with them like with toy robots. Nothing is impossible in GI setting.

YukiOnna

I'm expecting katanas.

Actually, a katana would perfectly fit Ayaka. I think there's a chance they release her with those as a new weapon type (or maybe just the model?).
Would love a Katana and it's fitting for Inazuma if it was introduced.

Katanas, crossbows, hammers still fall under the same type of weapons we already have. They should make new kinds and take inspiration (as they have for most of the game's content) from other action games like whips, kusari gama variants, dual blades or claws, chain blades like God of war etc. etc. But I guess that would be too much effort and money so why do it when players eat up the existing stuff because new husbando and waifus.

Fuz

Banned
Katanas, crossbows, hammers still fall under the same type of weapons we already have.
Don't be so sure.
On Another Eden katanas and swords are two different types of weapons. There's a chance it will be the same in GI. Yeah, I find it dumb too.

Anyhoo, I would love for a dual blade character that's not a waifu nor a trap. I shouldn't have skipped Tartaglia his fault for having a stupid name toh

I saw something like that on one of the concept arts iirc. Can't find it, so I may be mistaken.
IIRC you're not mistaken, it was the desert kid.

Last edited:
  • Chongyun (and Xinyan) quests when ? In fact I don't think there's any in game references to either of these .. Maybe I missed it.(or after AR45) I mean Qiqi works in the pharmacy, Xianling is from the resteraunt, etc etc..

.. also I have an odd problem with Chongyun who I just got for free. It feels like I got a duff one. He keeps dying and damage is just ok. I've levelled him high/higher than my other characters too, many of who have lower defense. ... Thing is I also pulled him on the beginner banner on a mobile account that I don't really use and on there he rocks (sub AR20) - does amazing damage without me even doing his artifacts..

So I'm confused about it - maybe he just doesn't scale well ?? (He got some full gold artifacts and he's still meh- before that he seemed to be getting one shotted by anything bigger than a hillchurl) Also had him knocked out of his elemental skill mid jump which is really disheartening..
Chongyun is not a great character, he works fine in certain comps but he's easily outclassed and outdamaged by Razor to say nothing of Diluc.

If your goal is a Cryo carry DPS, you should have rolled for the Cocogoat or waited for Ayaka. Otherwise, the Liyue 4* units you want for unleashing DPS are Xiangling (fine as carry, better as support) and Ningguang (a fucking BEAST with constellation upgrades). The best 4* support DPS in the game is also available as Xingqiu, his ability to constantly apply Hydro status makes any Pyro unit into a Vaporize killing machine. The most notable example of this are Diluc and Xingqiu, better known as Batman and Robin when used as a carry/support duo.

BlackM1st

Banned
Quality content time:
LAEPnKj.jpg

Um... don't wanna shame anyone or anything like that(boobs are boobs and we love 'em all), but looks like Rosaria is kinda older than the rest of the team...

Guilty_AI

How does the wishes system work?
I've read there are standard wishes and limited-time event wishes, i assume the former are the blue wishes and the later are the rainbow wishes i've seen others talking about here before. But why were you saying that i shouldn't waste time with standards and should go for rainbows only?

Dregnel

I've read there are standard wishes and limited-time event wishes, i assume the former are the blue wishes and the later are the rainbow wishes i've seen others talking about here before. But why were you saying that i shouldn't waste time with standards and should go for rainbows only?
only pull with limited-time wishes for example right now you have 50% to have qeqing and the rest 50% are qiqi, mona deluc and jean, if you get a qiqi the next one is 100% qeqing.

never pull in standard because you can get weapons but you can't get 5* weapons in limited-time event wishes.

if you think about it with standard you have 6.6% to get a specific character, there are 10 weapons and 5 characters.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Quality content time:
LAEPnKj.jpg

Um... don't wanna shame anyone or anything like that(boobs are boobs and we love 'em all), but looks like Rosaria is kinda older than the rest of the team...

i honestly find these small we need a xenoblade collaboration, pure pettankos in this game.

Saber

Gold Member

Limited character banner spends purple wishes. Normal banners spend blue wishes.

Limited characters banners are the only way to get certain 5-star specific characters, like Zonghli. Other non exclusive 5-star characters can be dropped on normal banners or even at limited banners, but their rates are low unless the banner itself raise them. Also, certain 4-star character rates are boosted on exclusive banners. Ningguang for instance its easier to get in this Keqing exclusive banner.

The pity system carries over one banner to another, so if you haven't get any character you will get eventually if your lucky is bad.

Might notice that non exclusive banner characters can appear, even at weapon banners, like 5-star not exclusive characters and all 4 star characters.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
But why were you saying that i shouldn't waste time with standards and should go for rainbows only?
Standard are always available and never change + can give you a 5☆ weapon instead of a hero. Limited banner is LIMITED and always gives you a hero when you hit 5☆.

Only now MiHo added standard hero on limited banner and it's a shitty move. Don't waste rainbow wishes now. Wait for the next true limited character or maybe even the one after. Hu Tao looks not that great on paper, I'm not gonna pull on her banner.

Dregnel

i have seen people mad because they don't have a single 5* character and i honestly don't know how, they sure pull on different types of banners, i have mule with adventure rank 7, that is around 18-22 minutes gameplay and this mule have 57 wishes, if you think about it 10 wishes are suppose to be a month farming but i didn't farm anything.

The only thing I did was collect the email gifts, I didn't even do the events, If I had done the events I would be with a 5 star character.

Last edited:
But why were you saying that i shouldn't waste time with standards and should go for rainbows only?
  1. The rate up banner (which uses the rainbow wishes) contains powerful limited characters
  2. It only gives you five star characters, no weapons (which is what most F2P and budget players want)
  3. The featured rate up characters on the rainbow banner give you information on what to expect, allowing you to choose
  4. Limiting your wishes to one banner ensures you build up to your pity (which guarantees a five star item) faster
  5. The blue banner doesn't offer anything unique when compared to the rainbow banner, apart from 5 star weapons
Putting all your eggs in one basket is more efficient in this game, since filling up a basket fully rewards you a powerful five star item. It just doesn't make sense to spread your resources thin across multiple banners.

BlackM1st

Banned
i have seen people mad because they don't have a single 5* character
Weird. Probably they pull on every banner in existence for 10 or so wishes. I can say that all my 5☆ are from limited banner. Standard banner gave me 1 5☆ book. Strongest weapon in game, but no characters, yeah.

I haven't made any rolls yet, is it worth to throw a bunch of what i have saved right now on rainbow wishes?
Do you want any of the characters featured on the banner right now?

If so, do it. If not, don't. If you don't know, look up some videos on YouTube on each of the featured characters and decide.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Thanks for the replies so far, i don't know left from right in these types of games
Hoard until you understand what you're doing.

If you have BLUE star wishes
use them whenever without any problem.

If you have ROSE/BLUE star wishes
hoard them until you know for sure you want that particular character(s). Don't use them for the weapon banner.

Don't spend primogems to buy resin. Don't spend primogems to buy blue star wishes.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I haven't made any rolls yet, is it worth to throw a bunch of what i have saved right now on rainbow wishes?
Unfortunately to you, we got a standard character on a limited banner and a very special next character. I know it's weird to not make wishes for so long, but you will get a better value from the next character. If you're bored and want to pull - pull now imo.

Guilty_AI

Unfortunately to you, we got a standard character on a limited banner and a very special next character. I know it's weird to not make wishes for so long, but you will get a better value from the next character. If you're bored and want to pull - pull now imo.
might try one just to see whatever happens

Top Bottom