• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
There's a theory that they leaked some of the Hu Tao stuff and Rosaria sneak peek to distract the Chinese playerbase that are all pretty upset that their festival sucked donkey butthole.
Now... that a theory I can believe in xD

BTW I was wrong when I said that tower defense didn't had any festival decorations. Today while I was waiting on waves 5 and 6 to kill themselves I had some time to look around and... I saw a couple of lanterns in the background flying 10 miles away from a map! That was sad. MiHo dun goofed.

YukiOnna

YES. I'm not killing myself.
tyZS18w.png

Saber

Gold Member
I hope they fix the movement stuff before her banner comes out. I think a lot of people that are excited about the character are not going to enjoy playing as her in the most recent iteration.

Since shes a 5 star character, I can see this easly fix either by massive outrage or via feedback, when he asks if you "get a character X on that banner".

BlackM1st

Banned
Since shes a 5 star character, I can see this easly fix either by massive outrage or via feedback, when he asks if you "get a character X on that banner".
Mona also is a 5☆ and has the same movement skill. You can say that Ayaka already is better just for added ice element so she can travel over water for almost unlimited time.

I have no problems with Mona's movement, but I use it only in the open world, maybe it can become a problem if you use a character as a main on field DPS. Mona is more about "pop in, drop an ult, pop out"

Pejo

Mona also is a 5☆ and has the same movement skill. You can say that Ayaka already is better just for added ice element so she can travel over water for almost unlimited time.

I have no problems with Mona's movement, but I use it only in the open world, maybe it can become a problem if you use a character as a main on field DPS. Mona is more about "pop in, drop an ult, pop out"
Mona also has an emergency backdash as part of her elemental skill, which partially addresses the issue of her normal dash locking her into what feels like a very long animation lock where she has no i-frames. And she's a ranged character instead of a sword that has to get up close to enemies with big AoE sweeps. Try playing melee range Mona for a while and it's very easy to see why it's a problem.

Aenima

Finished and grabed all the event rewards. I actually liked it alot, but there was alot of boring fetch quests. Was worth it for the primos, free 4 star char, and some materials. Not a fan of tower defense games, but i still enjoyed this implementation of a tower defense minigame. The festival was beauty too.

I thought it was really weird how the deer lantern came to life and ran across the sky. It looked like a normal cardboard prop that was gonna slowly ascend up into the air, but apparently Liyue has magical lanterns too.

I'm not really impressed by the event. At least it gave a somewhat generous amount of primogems and wishes. By this game's standards anyway. The tower defense mode is okay, considering it mostly uses recycled content, but that's also the biggest issue with this game that needs to be addressed.

Saber

Gold Member
During that cutscene when all the lanterns were flying I was like "I basically crafted and give half of them to the entire Liyue".

crumbs

So after finishing this event, I'm thinking it may be a good time to take a break from this game. I did end up liking the TD mini-game a bit more than expected, but otherwise the content for 1.3 has been lacking. Some others things that stood out to me:

- The lantern quests were repetitive, and everything seemed low effort/low budget. I appreciate some of the world building done through the NPC quests during this event, but why is it that we know more about many of the NPCs than we do about some of the characters?
- Why does the MC have a voice actor, but Paimon is the only one speaking? They give the MC a personality in the dialog lines from the character menu, but never in the actual game. I find this to be really weird.
- Xiao's story quest started out well enough, but ended with basically doing nothing but walking around the Inn. The flashy cut scene with the Skybracer animation was nice.
- Xiao is the only story quest in this update? Not even one for Keqing, even though she's on a rate up banner? What was the point of the story quest key system if they never release story quests?

I'll probably finish up this BP cycle and Welkin moon stuff since I paid for them, but stepping a away until there's more content seem like a good idea.

Astorian

So are we actually getting 1 billion Primos shared between people who participate in the web page? And how much do you think each could get?

Last edited:

Mr Moose

So are we actually getting 1 billion Primos shared between people who participate in the web page? And how much do you think each could get?

Genshin Impact 50 Primogems (v1.3) Key Giveaway

Make your wish come true with this code for 50 primogems!

Celebrate Genshin Impact's v1.3 update with 50 primogems to help you on your adventures.*

In the game's first update of 2021, the world of Teyvat will also be welcoming the new year as Travelers celebrate one of Liyue's oldest traditions — the Lantern Rite. Travelers can look forward to delving deeper into Liyue's rich history and culture and stocking up on resources for future adventures.

*A 50 Primogem key can only be redeemed once per account on v1.3

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

• Chongyun (and Xinyan) quests when ? In fact I don't think there's any in game references to either of these .. Maybe I missed it.(or after AR45) I mean Qiqi works in the pharmacy, Xianling is from the resteraunt, etc etc..

.. also I have an odd problem with Chongyun who I just got for free. It feels like I got a duff one. He keeps dying and damage is just ok. I've levelled him high/higher than my other characters too, many of who have lower defense. ... Thing is I also pulled him on the beginner banner on a mobile account that I don't really use and on there he rocks (sub AR20) - does amazing damage without me even doing his artifacts..

So I'm confused about it - maybe he just doesn't scale well ?? (He got some full gold artifacts and he's still meh- before that he seemed to be getting one shotted by anything bigger than a hillchurl) Also had him knocked out of his elemental skill mid jump which is really disheartening..

Astorian

Genshin Impact 50 Primogems (v1.3) Key Giveaway

Make your wish come true with this code for 50 primogems!

Celebrate Genshin Impact's v1.3 update with 50 primogems to help you on your adventures.*

In the game's first update of 2021, the world of Teyvat will also be welcoming the new year as Travelers celebrate one of Liyue's oldest traditions — the Lantern Rite. Travelers can look forward to delving deeper into Liyue's rich history and culture and stocking up on resources for future adventures.

*A 50 Primogem key can only be redeemed once per account on v1.3
I don't think this is it, I'm talking about the web event where you release lanterns to get 5 different ones.

BlackM1st

Banned
but why is it that we know more about many of the NPCs than we do about some of the characters?
$$$ Voice acting kills RPGs and people who say otherwise are lying to themselves.

Why does the MC have a voice actor, but Paimon is the only one speaking?
$$$ Looks like Paimon actor is cheaper than 2 MC actors.

Xiao's story quest started out well enough, but ended with basically doing nothing but walking around the Inn.
And I was totally ok with it , I loved what they did with the inn. We need more cute and warm quests that are easy to complete. I was tired from all the Tower defense reruns.

Not even one for Keqing, even though she's on a rate up banner?
Don't call it a rate up man. Proper rate up should have been on Standard banner where electric cat belongs ;( But MiHo loves $$$ and wants us to spend rainbow wishes. F U MiHo, you ain't getting my wishes until Ayaka's release!

I'll probably finish up this BP cycle and Welkin moon stuff since I paid for them
That's why I always complete something before buying it. Makes life easier. Although I must admit, I always complete everything xD

What was the point of the story quest key system if they never release story quests?
$$$ Only to make casuals complete daily missions.

50 Primogem key can only be redeemed once per account on v1.3
LMAO, fucking MiHo, from 1.000.000.000 to 50 😂😂😂😂😂

She's just a filler.
Yep, fuck them for this shit. They should've prolonged Xiao banner and give an actual rate up to standard banner. But apparently MiHo is too damn cheap. For reasons unknown. Maybe it's just greed.

So I'm confused about it
Yeah, I'm confused even more, why in the fuck you went with him instead of Ning if you wanted pure DPS. Now you should and will suffer! xD

Can't wait when the Traveler say goodbye and all Liyue have to make their own lantern.
I'm more worried about open world idiots who can't gather 1 sweet flower growing next to them xD

Pejo

The less people that know about it, theoretically the better for us so SHHHHH.

I'll probably finish up this BP cycle and Welkin moon stuff since I paid for them, but stepping a away until there's more content seem like a good idea.
Not a bad idea. 1.3 was a huge letdown for me too. I play other gacha games so I don't mind the daily login/grind stuff, especially in Genshin since it's only a few minutes to complete (for better or worse). Nothing wrong with taking a break until something happens that interests you though.

What movement issue?
She has the same dash as Mona. Not sure how much you played Mona during her quest, or if you have her, but her movement feels terrible in battle. She gets locked into a 2-3 second animation each time you tap the dash button (which you're trained to do with all of the other characters during battle) where she has no i-frames. So you end up eating a lot of hits. on top of that, her dash being "underground" means that it gets stuck on the tiniest of world details like a little rock in the overworld or a slight increase/decrease in elevation, which means you get stuck a lot and can eat a lot of hits that way. You don't see a lot of complaining about it yet since Mona isn't meant to be an on-field DPS character, nor is she melee, so a lot of the time you switch to her, use her skills, then switch out, or stay back and spam charge attacks. Ayaka is a sword character which is going to make every part of the movement worse in practice.

x@3f*oo_e!

Today was my first day after the event. No lantern quests. Started enjoying myself again..

Says a lot when the dailies I've done a dozen times are more fun than the event quests. I dunno what happened here.

x@3f*oo_e!

My latest brainwave is that some "one shot" ultimates bursts (like Keqing, Chongking, Ninguang) should be critdamage, or have critrate or crit damage modifiers, or even scale from critdamage - adds extra level of build options, and stops the ult just being "more of the same damage you were doing on you elemental skill"

Imagine if Keqing ult was 8x12.5% electro damage, as 2x crit damage rate

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

The plaustrite and other stuff will expire, but it looks like any lanterns you make will be permanent. So prepare for next year.

LEAK Next china new year main quest is help Ella Musk give a peace lantern to every hillichurl in open world

Neo_GAF

Banned
Free 4 star character of your choice and a talent Crown. Lots of primogems too. Do it.

Xiao is finished. Now on limited banner we have a standard character, so don't roll on it for now. Read about Hu Tao if want to know what comes next.

Never roll on weapon banner if you don't wanna spend big money, you can get weapons from both Character banners.

10$ for battle pass. I always complete it, but bought only once.

I play 2H a day tops. Usually 1H. When we have new region and events? Well... sleep is overrated.
thanks for your answers.

Pejo

It's just the new web event in-game. You should have gotten a mail message about it. You go to the site and click some buttons and get rewards, kinda like that slime paradise thing but this time they actually told people about it in game.

Fuz

Banned
It's just the new web event in-game. You should have gotten a mail message about it. You go to the site and click some buttons and get rewards, kinda like that slime paradise thing but this time they actually told people about it in game.
I don't think that's related to the billion primogems giveaway.

EDIT: checked the rules, I was wrong.

Last edited:

crumbs

Not a bad idea. 1.3 was a huge letdown for me too. I play other gacha games so I don't mind the daily login/grind stuff, especially in Genshin since it's only a few minutes to complete (for better or worse). Nothing wrong with taking a break until something happens that interests you though.

She has the same dash as Mona. Not sure how much you played Mona during her quest, or if you have her, but her movement feels terrible in battle. She gets locked into a 2-3 second animation each time you tap the dash button (which you're trained to do with all of the other characters during battle) where she has no i-frames. So you end up eating a lot of hits. on top of that, her dash being "underground" means that it gets stuck on the tiniest of world details like a little rock in the overworld or a slight increase/decrease in elevation, which means you get stuck a lot and can eat a lot of hits that way. You don't see a lot of complaining about it yet since Mona isn't meant to be an on-field DPS character, nor is she melee, so a lot of the time you switch to her, use her skills, then switch out, or stay back and spam charge attacks. Ayaka is a sword character which is going to make every part of the movement worse in practice.
I also don't mind the daily stuff and knocking out BP tasks, but it's easier to stay motivated to do those things if you know that the bigger events every 4-6 weeks would add something interesting. Having an event that is made up of daily commissions on steroids is a let down.

I also 100% agree with you on the Mona dash thing. They need to give you a toggle or something for characters that have elemental skill dashes, like Mona or Ayaka. Something like "hold down the left trigger to activate the elemental dash". Ayaka will be annoying to use without some tweaks to her dash.

Top Bottom