• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

Finished with the Mechanicus - got everything but the mora.

I'd go back but two things put me off :
  1. Random stage selection
  2. Ruin grader strolling through everything I built not even stopping
The Geo MC has been pretty valuable during the minigame. Being able to block the bigger enemies has been really helpful.

I'm not convinced I was waiting for new animations when she uses her fire mode this may be an old build but i don't know she looks boring.

The only spear/polearm character I like so far is Zhongli due to his unique kit. I am a fan of Claymore and Catalyst characters all the way. Hu Tao just feels like a cash grab coz she got hyped a lot by the players.

BlackM1st

Banned
nah, there are alot secondary and main quests about ghosts also the abyss mage looks like a ghost with a robbery mask trying to rob a bank.
Her ghost looks like it's not from a game, but from a small comics MiHo posts in Twitter:
ACLuviP.jpg

No one is arguing that we have ghosts in GI. Xiao wears demon king mask on him, but compare his kit and effects to Hu Tao's. Her ghost is absolutely cartoonish. Reminds me Team Rocket blue pokemon:
JXAklgA.png

So yeah, her ghost is exactly what is "off" about her.

Dregnel

Her ghost looks like it's not from a game, but from a small comics MiHo posts in Twitter:
ACLuviP.jpg

No one is arguing that we have ghosts in GI. Xiao wears demon king mask on him, but compare his kit and effects to Hu Tao's. Her ghost is absolutely cartoonish. Reminds me Team Rocket blue pokemon:
JXAklgA.png

So yeah, her ghost is exactly what is "off" about her.

this is game is PEGI 12 tho, the ghost represents his funny way of being, i don't see anything wrong with her design on the other hand her gameplay is not what i'm looking for...

YukiOnna

I don't see anything wrong with the ghost. It fits the aesthetic of GI, which was never particularly serious to begin with.

Every new 5 star is hyped. Doesn't matter if they're good, or even fun to play. Hu Tao is obviously no different, and the fact that we have the pointless Keqing banner now only increases the aniticipation for something new.

Personally I think the ghost is cute, but Hu Tao seems too difficult to build and use effectively, so imma skip. I hope these inbetween banners are not gonna be a regular thing from now on, but that's what people seem to be expecting now.

x@3f*oo_e!

The first time I realised how hillichurls make barrel bombs .. about 3 months into the game .. needed to take a short break after that.

>..<

BlackM1st

Banned
Just like anime... it's silly and serious when it needs to be and most of the designs border on cute.
Yeah, yeah, my "waifu does it so it's ok" xD Her ghost is a comic relief, I get it, I just don't appreciate it and don't like how it stands out from the game world.

Look at these serious ass looking enemies, totally not goofy looking at all
FBAbUlk.png
It's not about seriously looking or age ratings. Her ghost is just belongs more to 2d comics parody world than to an actual 3d game world. But if you guys are enjoying it, I have nothing against it. Not like I'm pulling on her or something like that. As for the slimes... they are stupid and I never liked them that much except for their smart designed hats/armor.

watch him get confused.
GI has some serious attention to details. Did anyone noticed that Diona stands on her toes like a true feline and wears cat paw boots?

AuQxv9D.png
nJSgxGR.png

GI has some serious attention to details. Did anyone noticed that Diona stands on her toes like a true feline and wears cat paw boots?

Yes. They have few others like:

Kids have a different animation for dive.
Dogs will react to if there is a foul nearby and you pick it up.

Pejo

i don't even know how to pick a character do i need to finish all those 30 primos quest?
You just need 1000 rewards points from the tower defense mode, then go into the event screen and buy them (its a different shop than the rest of the purchasable rewards - Triangle on PS4)

*edit* should also mention you need to do the Xiao main quest to be able to open that up, which requires doing the first 2/3s of the 30 primogem quests.

Last edited:

Pejo

yeah this what i am missing, i'm too lazy to do these long quests but i want my second xinyan constellation.
The primogems and free constellation are worth that much, it's just teleporting around and handing them grass and flowers and shit. You can skip the stories if you think they're boring.

Anyways, the thought just occurred to me, if I were the one in charge of making this event.....

I would have centered the whole thing around Liyue as a whole, not Xiao. The daily primo quests would have been all tied to one of the 5 free characters in some way, so you get to spend some time interacting with them, going on quests with them, building their characterization out, and trying them out in combat quests. Then at the end, when you pick one, it's because you either liked the character for their story/personality/combat skills. Xiao could have been phase 2 after the lantern stuff was over. As it was, he didn't give a shit about it until the very last cutscene anyways, it's not like he was important to the event in any significant way at all.

I'm ready for my Director job now, MHY.

crumbs

yeah this what i am missing, i'm too lazy to do these long quests but i want my second xinyan constellation.
The Xiao story quests are longer, but the NPC lantern quests are pretty short, not much longer than some of the daily commissions. Plus they give more primogems.

Dregnel

I can't understand why in 2021 we still have potato cam 144p quality "leaks". It's all controlled and comes directly from MiHo if you ask me.

the algorithm that mihoyo uses to catch them detects what they did through the video software and in game with the numbers, that is the reason they use camera and usually looks ugly.

if you see the last video about hutao they censored the abyss mage as some type of hentai.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
the algorithm that mihoyo uses to catch them detects what they did through the video software and in game with the numbers, that is the reason they use camera and usually looks ugly.

if you see the last video about hutao they censored the abyss mage as some type of hentai.
Maybe you're right and leakers are just lazy fucks with bad phones.

Neo_GAF

Banned
i would like to participate in the lantern festival, but there are so many missions ahead.
does it do anything special or do i get special weapons?
is it better to get xiao or getting better weapons when you roll?
how much money have you guys spent on the game so far?-no money so far(but i think about getting the moon pass)
how many hours?-1h/day

Fuz

Banned
The tower defense minigame, today more than ever, confirmed my idea that 90% of the playerbase have no idea how the fucking elemental reactions work.

I'm also baffled at their stupid bonus choices... like, -50% cost over damage? Fucking seriously?

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
What is the major grip with the TD minigame?

At no point has it been difficult to complete, every player that qualifies to take place in the evet (regardless of level and whale status) can complete it, the event is something to come back to every 48 hours or so, and the items you get from it are fine/helpful (including the character).

YukiOnna

Yeah, yeah, my "waifu does it so it's ok" xD Her ghost is a comic relief, I get it, I just don't appreciate it and don't like how it stands out from the game world.
I mean, completely fair if you see it otherwise, I just think after all the cute stuff and silly monsters it looks like it fits. But I get it since it's nbd anyway.

And the game has a lot of attention to detail. The unique SFX for each character still amazes me like Ganyu's bells.

BlackM1st

Banned
does it do anything special or do i get special weapons?
Free 4 star character of your choice and a talent Crown. Lots of primogems too. Do it.

is it better to get xiao or getting better weapons when you roll?
Xiao is finished. Now on limited banner we have a standard character, so don't roll on it for now. Read about Hu Tao if want to know what comes next.

Never roll on weapon banner if you don't wanna spend big money, you can get weapons from both Character banners.

how much money have you guys spent on the game so far?
10$ for battle pass. I always complete it, but bought only once.

how many hours?-1h/day
I play 2H a day tops. Usually 1H. When we have new region and events? Well... sleep is overrated.

BlackM1st

Banned
What is the major grip with the TD minigame?
It never brought anything new to the table with new stages. I was sick and tired of playing same map over and over. Max difficulty should have been opened from the start.

the playerbase have no idea how the fucking elemental reactions work
Yeah, I agree, people have no idea what they're doing most of the time.

like, -50% cost over damage? Fucking seriously?
Hey, some people pulled on geo soy boy. What do you expected? They can't be rational with real money, let alone imaginary currency. I call it an "idiot tax" or "hard mode".

Top Bottom