• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

Gold Member
Yeah, whoever invented this cube events certainly don't play the game.

Increasing the damage of Sacarose? Like...really?

Fuz

Banned
QOvdS5d.png

Now I'm torn between picking a new character (missing Beidou - I love pirates - and Xinyan - I'm a rocker - got the others) or a constellation. I CAN'T MAKE DECISIONS.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It'll be Xinyan for me. It'll get her C2 which means her Q will autocrit and always be Lvl3 shield giving her an AoE pulsing Pyro damage aura. Will be quite naisuu.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
QOvdS5d.png

Now I'm torn between picking a new character (missing Beidou - I love pirates - and Xinyan - I'm a rocker - got the others) or a constellation. I CAN'T MAKE DECISIONS.

Wait are they giving away a free character?

Ive been rolling on standard praying for Beidou or Xinyan and they are both up for grabs.
Im also hoping to reach pity and pull Ganyu before the next banner cuz I need a Cryo character if i miss her this banner, Chonyun is also on the cards.

Ill just flip a coin and see where it lands either of these characters could be excellent for me.
Though ive built up Bennet and Xinling already so Xinyan might not make the cut either way.

crumbs

Interesting decision coming up on the free character:

Beidou - Only 4 star that I don't have, but I already have more characters than I have resources to build and use them. Plus I already dumped most of my electro resources into Keqing and Fischl.
Ningguang - Only recently pulled her and haven't spend too much time with her yet. Is her C1 worth it? Ning and Sucrose are the 4 stars that I added in the last month and are interested in building up.
Xingqiu - I've been using him a lot more recently on my team with Keqing, Ganyu, and Klee. I already have him as C2, so I'll need to see if his C3 talent level increase is worth it.

As for the others, I don't use Xiangling much or Xinyan at all. Chongyun saw heavy use during the early part of the game, but not so much in the last month. I also already have him at C4, so it doesn't seem worth it.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Probably gonna choose Xingling. This stupid banner is making fun of me, aways giving me that crap sword. My last shot, it gave me Xingqiu. You know what, fuck that banner, fuck these swords. Won't gonna spend shit on banners.

QOvdS5d.png

Beidou - Great design, good moveset. Counter is easy do use and to deal with stupid attacking monsters from everywhere. Burst is suitable.

Xinyan - Amazing design, not so good moveset. Inconsistent shield(why even shield) and the skill is still bugged. It randonly does not give you level 3 effect, even when 3 or more enemies are hit by it. Not recommended if you want for burst(low damage, not enough to help you break shield, dot is mediocre) and doesn't recommend if you want Diluc type of character out of her. If you still want to use her, I recommend using the sword that gives you a chance to reset skill cooldown.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
I would take Beidou for C1, but I have C6 Noelle, so I don't need her for now.

Chef is ok I guess, but I have Klee... so yeah, girl will never be spawned on field. Even her ult is not worth it for me.

I don't need fire guitar girl too. Maybe she has some good passive skills??? I need to read up on her.

Trap and ice cream guy can go fuck themselves.

Only Ningg looks semi interesting to me. More constellations for her is always good. Maybe I will pair her with my Iron Maiden.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
hu tao looks very strong.

KKiQJwW.png

I have her at C5 already. > : P

-------------------

Xinyan can make a great Tank unit so that's why I'm going for her. Ningguang is also good for your pure turret mage archetype but I like my tanks.

Last edited:

Jedge

Credit to user SpectralKnightt on reddit. Posted old codes as well if you haven't grabbed them:
  • nBEm3myAL2b - Redeem code for 100 Primogems (NEW)
  • dU2mhjQL1ZT - Redeem code for 100 Primogems (NEW)
  • jsSK8n23jzR - Redeem code for 100 Primogems (NEW)
  • 153YuSaenh - Redeem code for 30 Primogems and 5 Adventurer's Exp
  • cuupmbjsvd - Redeem code for 50 Primogems
  • GSIMPTQ125 - Redeem code for 60 Primogems and 10k Mora
  • GENSHINGIFT - Redeem code for 50 Primogems and 3 WITS. (only usable if you haven't used it before)

YukiOnna

Nice. Lots of good stuff for Lunar New Year- I knew they'd be waiting for it. (Better than New Years)

Also, another fucking chance at Keqing....

Fuz

Banned
Full list of working codes:

• GENSHINGIFT - Redeem code for 50 Primogems and 3 WITS. (only usable if you haven't used it before)​

Edit:

Credit to user SpectralKnightt on reddit. Posted old codes as well if you haven't grabbed them:
  • GENSHINGIFT - Redeem code for 50 Primogems and 3 WITS. (only usable if you haven't used it before)
Whoops I didn't refresh. Yeah, got them there too.

By the way, the new polearm:

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

What's the thing about the ley lines?
double xp books (same as used condensed but can't use condensed) - lizard brain me thinks this is a good deal and I will use all my resin on this and stop grinding artifacts.

Also I can't decide Beidou or Chongyun for free. But free new characters I can't afford to level > more constellations on ones I already have. I'm not stupid.

What's the thing about the ley lines?
I expect they will just grant more rewards upon completion.

Kinda disappointed that Keqing is getting an event banner too. I assume that means Hu Tao is a ways off. If there's no new 4 stars either, it's starting to look kinda barren in terms of new characters.

LOLCats

Banned
double xp books (same as used condensed but can't use condensed) - lizard brain me thinks this is a good deal and I will use all my resin on this and stop grinding artifacts.

Also I can't decide Beidou or Chongyun for free. But free new characters I can't afford to level > more constellations on ones I already have. I'm not stupid.
so what im doing now is not touching my xp books till i reach 300+ purple.

basically keeping a reserve of about 300 blue and 300 purple.

x@3f*oo_e!

so what im doing now is not touching my xp books till i reach 300+ purple.

basically keeping a reserve of about 300 blue and 300 purple.
I'm actually a little above that already, partly because I need to get some ascension materials.

All nothing compared to my massive mystic enhancement ore reserves.

Fake

If you don't have the first constelation of Chongus, pick him.

His first constelation is by far the best of the bunch.

Pejo

No new 4* character, bullshit! This update is not nearly as exciting as 1.2 was, it's just more of the same and a bunch of mini events. Not that I'm complaining about free stuff but 1.4 better be something significant.

The only really interesting thing is that they're doing a Keqing banner, which likely means all of the standard banner 5* characters will likely have a feature banner.

• Praise the Sun

BlackM1st

Banned
Be sure to let them know how bad was the event using the feedback.
Well, I did my part, but I think that they know even without a survey. I'm pretty sure that only small percentage of people will get the banner. I have very strong characters and good amount of friends to coop with on daily basis. Not sure that more casual players would even bother with anything harder than "normal". Even I did 1 run on normal because I didn't felt like trying that day.

crumbs

For me personally, the double EXP leylines are probably the most interesting thing they announced. The new enemies, story content, and free 4 star are nice to have as well.

Little interest in Xiao or future characters like Huo Tao, so I'll probably pull on the Keqing banner depending on the rate up 4 stars. I already have her maxed out, but I wouldn't mind getting her to C1.

BlackM1st

Banned
pull on the Keqing banner depending on the rate up 4 stars. I already have her maxed out, but I wouldn't mind getting her to C1
I wonder what kind of wishes we will need for her banner. Rainbow or normal blue?

I also remembered that I saw a golden wish image. Looks like it was fake.

crumbs

I wonder what kind of wishes we will need for her banner. Rainbow or normal blue?

Not sure, but I would guess the multicolored wishes.

What's also interesting is that the Keqing banner starts only 2 weeks after the start of the Xiao banner. Character banners have been running for 3 weeks, so will these potentially overlap?

Pejo

Probably the pink/rainbow ones. I picture her banner going in that slot after Xiao's expires. Gold wish to trade for a specific 5* was a fake.

Man I am seriously confused as to why a huge company like MHY with all that money is having such a hard time releasing characters. I thought at the very least we'd see 1-2 new 4*s for every version update. I really don't like the precedent of taking their old 4*s and turning them 5* like with Hu Tao. Rosaria better stay 4* so I have a decent shot at C6'ing her.

BlackM1st

Banned

What's also interesting is that the Keqing banner starts only 2 weeks after the start of the Xiao banner. Character banners have been running for 3 weeks, so will these potentially overlap?
Definitely overlap IMO. Electric cat is old news, they're gonna milk Xiao to the maximum.

BlackM1st

Banned
Gold wish to trade for a specific 5* was a fake.
;_; maybe 1 day...

Maybe they will give us something for their anniversary...

We still doesn't have "marriage/affection" or "upgrade/mod" systems to upgrade our characters beyond their base level. It can be a possibility that they will give us 1 such item (ring or gem) in a future as a freebie. Or...

nothing offer GIF

x@3f*oo_e!

Must be intertwined fate, the standard acquaint fate banner doesn't have any rate up, so who-evers' 'on' that banner is just a jpeg, means nothing..

They could change their rules, also maybe 2 special banners at once - maybe the new year generosity will extend to some sort of short term 2 for 1 offer ... also more primogem spend, so everyone wins ?

BlackM1st

Banned
maybe 2 special banners at once - maybe the new year generosity will extend to some sort of short term 2 for 1 offer ... also more primogem spend, so everyone wins ?
Yeah, makes sense. Just not for me unfortunately.

I'm not planning on rolling Xiao (I prefer my ults to drain enemies health, not mine) and I'm sure as Hell not wasting rainbow wishes on electric cat that can be pulled via blue wishes.

I hope MiHo will just add rate up for cat at the standard banner.
Unfortunately I spent all my standard wishes so it will not help me either xD

All in all, I will probably be busy leveling my team and just wait for Ayaka's banner. Or maybe for the Electric God banner, whomever he/she can be.
Mortal Kombat GIF by Gaming GIFs

Top Bottom