• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Bkdk

Will try this due to great character design, however the micro transaction is very confusing, also makes it always online and I can’t play with mods, trainer or cheats, pretty big blow to open world games. Will see how it goes.

Pejo

Great and informative OP. I've been playing their other major release Honkai Impact: 3rd since around last christmas when they released the PC client, and have had a ton of fun with it. I have no doubt the gameplay will be good here, but it seems like the gacha model is a bit of a bummer in Genshin. They likely did it to offset the enormous cost to build the game and the fact that 90% of players will either quit before spending much or stay F2P indefinitely. If it's anything like Honkai though, they'll strategically release F2P attainable characters as time goes along, so it's not like you'll forever play as the same 4 characters throughout the life of the game.

Anyways, here's a speedrun vid for those planning on rerolling. Seems ridiculous at first but after 3-4 rerolls either you're going to get sick of it and just go with what you have or dig in deep, in which case this vid might be helfpul to you:

The 5*'s availble at the start are: Jean, Diluc, Mona, Qiqi, and Keqing, and Venti is on his own banner who is supposedly the best character in the game right now. I'm personally aiming for any 5* before I start, but I'd be happiest with Keqing or Mona.

Keqing's car ears are just a headband, she's not even a real cat girl. The Chinese whales are omega mad because apparently electro is really underpowered right now. They might patch that or they might not since it's fundamentally different, being DoT instead of instant.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Here's hoping it runs a bit better on the pro, but, since I am an old school gamer, I can survive practically any amount of FPS. I didn't even mind the slide show that is Drakengard 3.

The game normally struggles with a medium amount of enemies/effects on screen. I'm not like my brother, so I can't say the almost exact frames but just from looking is very slow.

The game occasionally drop frames when you either are doing nothing or are talking to the Adventure girl receptionist(the one you receive gifts from Adventure level up and daily events). Those are at the same level as the ones with monsters, so it looks very sluggish.

When I was testing I sent my feedback as well.

sublimit

Banned
Did anyone else on European PSN had problems downloading the game? It took me quite a while before i started downloading it.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Just being in the main menu cause my ps4 pro to lift off.

Holy fuck lol not even Days Gone does this.

Fake

Just being in the main menu cause my ps4 pro to lift off.

Holy fuck lol not even Days Gone does this.

My base PS4 looks fine in the Genshin main menu even he downloading patches, but here enter into God of War menu make my base PS4 suffer more than any game I played, even beat Days Gone.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
My base PS4 looks fine in the Genshin main menu even he downloading patches, but here enter into God of War menu make my base PS4 suffer more than any game I played, even beat Days Gone.
Maybe it is optimized for the base ps4? I'll try it on the slim later.

Fake

Maybe it is optimized for the base ps4? I'll try it on the slim later.
Not sure, but I made a very serious cleaning on the base PS4 this exactly week, so he indeed make less noise when I do.

Other point, IDK if this game take advance of the previous save file configuration from the BETA, but I disable v-sync while playing the BETA.

Serianox

Is there any way to change the default controller option of B being confirm and A back? It's was really messing with me when i tried using controller instead of m&k.

Larxia

I want to play this with a controller but I'm really having issues. I really wish we could switch the select / cancel button, it's really confusing me to confirm with B and back with A, I also wish we could use the d-pad in the menus instead of only the stick, and is there a way to change the camera distance with a controller?
With mouse it's the wheel but I can't find anything to change it with controller.

All of this plus the tons of menus make it very confusing for me.

I'm also having some serious framerate issue, my cpu is running at over 90% quite often, okay it's an old I7 2600k, but compared to other games out there that still do fine with this cpu, this is quite surprising and makes me wonder how this run on consoles / phones. I can't get a steady 60 fps.

Otherwise I haven't played enough to say anything, but the game does look gorgeous.

Edit: Actually it seems like some kind of game? I restarted the game and I now have 60fps with cpu only running at 35-40%.

2nd edit : uh... it happened again after about 50 min...

Last edited:

Komatsu

I have been playing the game on the PS4 for about an hour now. It is indeed very much, er, inspired by BOTW. Nice cel-shaded character models, with a soft bloom effect bathing the scenery. That said, the amount of pop-in is rather annoying.

I am playing it with JP voices as the ENG dub annoys me and I can’t understand a lick of Chinese. As with most Chinese games in the last 10 years or so, it shamelessly apes Japanese aesthetics and mid-2010s anime moe looks. Nothing bad about it, though the Chinese are loathe to recognize the debt they owe to Japan’s pop culture.

For zero dollars, very much worth it. Would not play it on PC though, as their anti-cheat engine is a CPU hog.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck me these characters are cute. Definitely not just a Zelda rip off. Anber's bomb thing is the cutest thing ever.

Devilich

Played only 2 hours and I like it already more than Botw just because of the fact that they didn't repeat the god awful weapon durability design choice of Zelda.

The RPG systems also seem to have more depth.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Ps4 ver runs great outside the character wheel not working properly. (and the ps4 turning into a jet on open areas) Keep vsync on lol.

Fake

Already playing, since 23:00 PM - Brasilia.

So, perfomance is indeed better than the BETA. There are two graphical options: v-sync and motion blur. I disable all.
Already on the first city. So far so good.

I glad they improve perfomance on base PS4. Is not ideal, but still a welcome touch.

Last edited:

JSoup

Banned
Already playing, since 23:00 PM - Brasilia.

So, perfomance is indeed better than the BETA. There are two graphical options: v-sync and motion blur. I disable all.
Already on the first city. So far so good.

I glad they improve perfomance on base PS4. Is not ideal, but still a welcome touch.

Lot of people are recommending people with base PS4 keep v-sync on for some of the wider open areas in the game, as its another one of those jet engine type games.

Fake

Lot of people are recommending people with base PS4 keep v-sync on for some of the wider open areas in the game, as its another one of those jet engine type games.

I disable v-sync and base PS4 runs very quiet.

Just to give you an ideia: While downloading Genshin I been playing Days Gone, killing the remaining hordes of my ng+ and the jets get crazy after doing all shit. When the download finish I save the game and boot Genshin. PS4 stop screaming. I live in Rio de Janeiro and today was a very hot day, around 38~39 and even so my base PS4 is very quiet playing Genshin.

IDK why this is happen, but my base PS4 is running very quiet and not hot. Really praying he stay in this way.

Last edited:
my first beginner pull. oh well. i guess no need for me to reroll
dZIKJC3.png

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
my first beginner pull. oh well. i guess no need for me to reroll
dZIKJC3.png
I got everything except not Saber.
Game kinda "blinks" if you have it off.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neolombax

This run poorly on my phone sadly. Gonna have to wait until I get back home tonight and try it on my base PS4. Really hoping the performance is somewhat good. Been waiting for this game for quite some time now.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Noelle is my second favorite character. (Battle maid with a bastard sword) Seems I can tank most things with her. Just beat a giant fire robot no prob.

Pejo

Well just got done with reroll #4. Tempted to stick with this one, got 4 4* characters, Free Noelle, Barbara (who we get free later I think?), Lightning greatsword dude, and the fire spear girl. Still no 5* which chaps my ass a bit, but that seems like a nice start and Barbara is great to have right now for the heals. At least they allow us to make accounts without binding to email, so I can just keep this one and keep going if I want....

Choices...

5* or bust, here we go GAF

CAB_Life

No controller support on mobile devices for whatever bizarre reason. It’s basically a F2P RPG with gacha mechanics. Not an MMO at all for those who are interested.

Didn’t mean for that to sound negative—it’s not—those are just my general observances thus far.

vkbest

Why isn't this 60fps on PS4 Pro when it's also available on mobiles lmao?

60fps? the game is not 30fps even at 1080p. Bad frame pacing, micro freezes. Its a crappy port.

This run poorly on my phone sadly. Gonna have to wait until I get back home tonight and try it on my base PS4. Really hoping the performance is somewhat good. Been waiting for this game for quite some time now.

This is running on my PS4 pro at 30fps with drops, bad framepacing (Souls and Bloodborne levels), micro freezes, ton a popping. That on 1080p (the game is running 1080p if you TV or settings are configured to 1080p). 4k (or supersampling on my way) is even worse.

In comparison, on my iPad Pro from 2017 the game is running to 60fps at max settings.

Last edited:

fersnake

nice this game has ds4 support on pc! gonna try that and im playing this in Japanese too xD

guys so the render resolution 1.1 its your current res right? so 1.5 is 4k?

Mista

Banned
Controller commands kinda confusing. Sticking to M&K

When do I make my pull? After the prologue?

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
The name Is so close to legend of zelda: breath of the wild, and the art style looks like it as well.

Looks interesting, but sadly I hate this type of art style.

Neolombax

60fps? the game is not 30fps even at 1080p. Bad frame pacing, micro freezes. Its a crappy port.

This is running on my PS4 pro at 30fps with drops, bad framepacing (Souls and Bloodborne levels), micro freezes, ton a popping. That on 1080p (the game is running 1080p if you TV or settings are configured to 1080p). 4k (or supersampling on my way) is even worse.

In comparison, on my iPad Pro from 2017 the game is running to 60fps at max settings.
This is disappointing... Sigh...

Runs and looks amazing on my fire breathing gaming PC with a 1080 Ti lul.

Too bad I got kinda shitty rolls, still not sure if I really want to restart or not. Rerolling looks annoying.

Even more than Honkai, I can't imagine controlling this game with just on screen buttons on mobile. It runs OK on my iPad Air 3rd gen but trying to actually play it really is not.

I've already run into a bug, I can't seem to interact with the NPC I'm supposed to rescue for the quest "A Fine Opportunity?". Looks like other people have reported it as well, hopefully they fix it as it is blocking progression on one of the story party member's quests.

Top Bottom