• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
Yeah, but uh...

Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

• Strength
Reactions: Fuz

Moochi

What's BiS for Ganyu? I'm upgrading a Stringless because it looks the coolest and my Heavenly Bow is reserved for Fish. I also have a Rust and a Sacrificial.

Pejo

Well here's something that makes me feel inadequate. New event c0 Klee solo for 4200 points.

What's BiS for Ganyu? I'm upgrading a Stringless because it looks the coolest and my Heavenly Bow is reserved for Fish. I also have a Rust and a Sacrificial.
Amos bow is true BiS, I think people have been crafting the Crescent one or using masterless starglitter for the black bow in the shop too for the crit damage.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
makes me feel inadequate.
It's China. It's expected xD

Also, it's nothing crazy if you just look at his artifacts.

Guy needed only 5 or so circles of Cube attacks. I think even I would survive 5 attacks hah. As always with GI it's all about pure DPS and nothing else. The longer you fight, the less chances that you win.

BlackM1st

Banned
I wonder when MiHo will remove MC from the expeditions list? FFS why he/she is even there if you can't send them away? What's the point? It's so annoying to constantly scroll just to avoid MC, ugh. 😑

Also, why it's faster to open your map and see resin than open your travel journal and see it there? Why resin displayed only at 3rd bookmark? Why experience bookmark is the first one anyway? 🤨

UI in general can use a lot of work.

P.S. 99 custom pins is not enough. I'm at 95 already xD

I would also appreciate a better lightning system, but I think it's impossible because game is mobile first.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
How much money have you spent?

Pejo

As expected the group fight was much easier. We hit around 3200 with 3 of us. Childe/Diluc/Qiqi/Xiangling

deanote666

Tried for the first time on the weapon banner... Wanted the bow for Ganyu... Got 3 Skyward Pride... Never touching the weapon banner ever again...

Which is better for Ganyu? Stringless or BP bow?

That's assuming I get any decent artifacts to put on her. Been doing ice/fire artifact domains and not 1 good roll this week...

Last edited:

Pejo

Tried for the first time on the weapon banner... Wanted the bow for Ganyu... Got 3 Skyward Pride... Never touching the weapon banner ever again...

Which is better for Ganyu? Stringless or BP bow?

That's assuming I get any decent artifacts to put on her. Been doing ice/fire artifact domains and not 1 good roll this week...
Get the bow in the masterless starglitter shop. It's better than the gacha bows.

Moochi

That's like 30 bucks. Eh that isn't bad.

but you will never be a F2P chad now :(
I've never played a mobile game I wanted to spend money on. I played Hearthstone for 4 years and only bought cards once. Developers that make games that push the industry forward deserve my cash. This game is a new high point for mobile and F2P, imo. If it succeeds, hopefully something better will come around sooner.

Burned up 5 Fragile Resins on the domain in Dragonspine farming for artifacts and put together a set for Cocogoat. I still need to decide if I want to roll for Amos Bow or not.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
This wind cube looks way more resistant than the electro. Had some difficulty to deal because the game wasn't helping me(severe imput delay, enemy hitting me while in the air).
Manage to get 2200 or a bit more, can't remember. Won't be bothering fighting it again, gonna wait the next one.

x@3f*oo_e!

This wind cube looks way more resistant than the electro.
Odd I had the opposite - especially the elemental crystals - very physical resistant with electro, and everything else except pyro; but the anemo crystals went down in one/two shots.

Got about the same score with both, but this anemo felt easier.

Last edited:
I dislike the amount of RNG in this challenge. It all comes down to what attacks the enemy will use. If it does something that is easy to dodge and keeps its core vulnerable, it's possible to do the challenge pretty quickly. If it just keeps hanging around in an invulnerable state, what are you supposed to do? Time trials really suck in this game.

I'm just gonna keep trying for 2000+ everyday, and I'll see if an easier challenges ends up happening where I can get any remaining points.

BlackM1st

Banned
I hope this event is not a sign of things to come. Elemental resistance fuckery is what killed my Shadow Warrior 2 hype. Constant weapons swapping and "immune" status from enemies broke the game flow and slowed down game to a snail's pace. Gameplay just wasn't satisfying and me and my friend dropped it.

Dregnel

I just ask my friend to melt it and carry so I'm done in minutes. The Genshin co-op experience.
i was too scared to add people because when they used to join in my party they also use the teleport to farm my ores so i didn't add anyone.

also i'm too lazy for rewards i only want the books but meh that is the equivalent of 200 resin or something :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Fuz

Banned
Well, for me it's way easier than electro but...
got 1375 on hard, tried on expert with 300 secs time limit and time ran out while it was at around 30%. I just can't do enough damage to it.

Fuck this shitty event.

Edit: just tried without any time limit and 200% hp to get 2000+ points and... it's still time limited at 7 minutes.
K8Tdx.gif

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Whats your Klee level and artifacts?
Lvl80. I have a 5☆ Lost Prayer book and random 2x2 artifact sets (wanderer's troupe and something else) with an atk% rolls that I will give to cocogoat. I'm yet to get a witch goblet with Fire atk and I need a hat and a feather. For now my charged attack is my bread and butter. My friend's C1 Bennett AND rainy weather makes my Klee do some sick stuff with it lol

My current hat is amazing too, but it's a part of a wanderer's troupe set that I will give to cocogoat to match with a wanderer's troupe ice dmg goblet God roll I got from Childe. I hope I won't be going to ice artifacts domain xD

Aenima

Not a fan of the anemo cube. Fight is too chaotic, the electo cube has more cool attacks. I also hate the final part where u need to float and gather the orbs otherwise the cube heals. Just did 2050 points in this one playing with hard multiplier, and moved on.

Geo boss should be better, my Noelle is ready.

Saber

Gold Member
Not a fan of the anemo cube. Fight is too chaotic, the electo cube has more cool attacks. I also hate the final part where u need to float and gather the orbs otherwise the cube heals. Just did 2050 points in this one playing with hard multiplier, and moved on.

Geo boss should be better, my Noelle is ready.

I got a feeling things only will get worse.
Geo seems to be the trickest one(not hard) because in order to damage it you have breack its blocks.

Somehow, what comes to my mind is that you will either can only damage it by destroying all blocks or each time it teleports one block dissapears until it decides to move there. Either that or a constant shockwave with no shield.

My Noelle is bulky but no super-man.

LOLCats

Banned
Lvl80. I have a 5☆ Lost Prayer book and random 2x2 artifact sets (wanderer's troupe and something else) with an atk% rolls that I will give to cocogoat. I'm yet to get a witch goblet with Fire atk and I need a hat and a feather. For now my charged attack is my bread and butter. My friend's C1 Bennett AND rainy weather makes my Klee do some sick stuff with it lol

My current hat is amazing too, but it's a part of a wanderer's troupe set that I will give to cocogoat to match with a wanderer's troupe ice dmg goblet God roll I got from Childe. I hope I won't be going to ice artifacts domain xD
got witch goblet with pyro yesterday...

my klee was like oooo...

then she saw

HP+%
HP+1000
DEF+

not kidding

Last edited:

x@3f*oo_e!

Anemo cube is fire resistant. WTF. Pass >_<'
Electrohypostatis crystals were physical and hydro immune for me .. I looked and could find anywhere it said that .. they are supposed to be destroyed by elemental reactions but electroshock didn't even trigger.

Just confused by that
If it just keeps hanging around in an invulnerable state, what are you supposed to do? Time trials really suck in this game.
Possibly only the whirlwind thing is a time waster .. the vacuum burst can supposedly be interrupted if it absorbs an non-anemo orb - but idk how are non-anemo orbs produced ?? - I tried destroying the crystals using only elements and that didn't seem to work. I seemed to randomly get some fire ones later

Last edited:

Xanine

Neo Member
Electrohypostatis crystals were physical and hydro immune for me .. I looked and could find anywhere it said that .. they are supposed to be destroyed by elemental reactions but electroshock didn't even trigger.

Just confused by that

Possibly only the whirlwind thing is a time waster .. the vacuum burst can supposedly be interrupted if it absorbs an non-anemo orb - but idk how are non-anemo orbs produced ?? - I tried destroying the crystals using only elements and that didn't seem to work. I seemed to randomly get some fire ones later
For non-anemo orbs, you attack a tornado with either pyro, electro, hydro or cryo during the tornado phase. So archers or catalysts would work. I used Diona's Burst since she just lays a field of ice that some of them occasionally run into when it procs and just ice shot any stray ones. I'd Imagine Ganyu or Keqing's Burst might be better to produce those because it covers a wider AoE or Ganyu's full charge shot too maybe.

Last edited:

Pejo

For non-anemo orbs, you attack a tornado with either pyro, electro, hydro or cryo during the tornado phase. So archers or catalysts would work. I used Diona's Burst since she just lays a field of ice that some of them occasionally run into when it procs and just ice shot any stray ones. I'd Imagine Ganyu or Keqing's Burst might be better to produce those because it covers a wider AoE or Ganyu's full charge shot too maybe.
Wish I'd have known this before I ran this earlier with a group. We collectively just agreed to settle with our best score of 2700~ for this phase.

I threw some of Klee's bombs in those tornadoes, turning some of 'em red, but it didn't seem to affect anything. How many are you supposed to attack then?

I managed to get 3105 in both 1st and 2nd challenge. That is my plan. Just hit 3k in each challenge and get all the awards. I have no intention of trying to get 4k+ or max points in any challenge.

x@3f*oo_e!

I threw some of Klee's bombs in those tornadoes, turning some of 'em red, but it didn't seem to affect anything. How many are you supposed to attack then?
See the thing above - when the hypostasis goes into vacuum pulse mode (the AOE attack) - it sucks an orb randomly(?) - if it's not an anemo one then it stuns itself..

I suppose the trick is to collect the anemo ones before that stage.

..been trying this and it wastes so much time collecting orbs that it doesn't really help overall. I can rarely get more than 3 tornados hit, even with xiangling's ultimate + otherdrop and forget stuff . Looks like you need a coop partner to make this count

(also the downtime after it kd's itself doesn't seem improved, despite what the description says)

Last edited:

Aenima

Did a kinda decent run on the 3rd challenge. 3690 points solo. Fight was fun. Using only 4 star chars that most ppl got for free.

Fake

For the eletric cube my recomendation are both strong reaction and a cryo char for reduce the cube DEF.

Use your most powerful physical dealer after someone use cryo skill on him.

crumbs

Damn, the anemo cube wastes so much time f'ing around. Even after you kill it, it takes 4-5 seconds just to finally die and end the challenge.

My strategy on these is mostly the same as when facing the regular cubes: heavy use of my physical damage/crit damage Keqing + black sword to lower their health and mix in other characters for elemental reactions when needed. I did use a food buff to speed up the anemo cube fight just to give more cushion on the time limit.

I haven't tried the pure geo cube yet. I've only fought he regular geo cube once since I didn't have any geo characters until recently, so no need to farm it. Hopefully it won't be too bad :)

Fake

Thats why I hate when they put a timer on those challenges.

They don't take into consideration the boss animation and the fact geo reaction is defensive porpuse.

Pejo

Thats why I hate when they put a timer on those challenges.

They don't take into consideration the boss animation and the fact geo reaction is defensive porpuse.
Yep this would have been a much better event without the time limits, so you could use different characters and strategies. It's kinda bullshit to have a timer when you can only attack it every 30 seconds or so.

Saber

Gold Member
Yep this would have been a much better event without the time limits, so you could use different characters and strategies. It's kinda bullshit to have a timer when you can only attack it every 30 seconds or so.

This unfortunatelly is a problem since beta. Almost everything is a damn time challenge. I guess we're lucky things like alchemy or bosses doesn't have a timer.

Top Bottom