• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

crumbs

High profile event, only 5 audience members
This reminded me of the scene a couple of versions ago: Mika is going to read Varka's letter and "all" of the Knights of Favonious gather to hear it, but there's like 10 guys. Apparently the bulk of their fighting force in the city can fit inside a church van.

deanote666

This reminded me of the scene a couple of versions ago: Mika is going to read Varka's letter and "all" of the Knights of Favonious gather to hear it, but there's like 10 guys. Apparently the bulk of their fighting force in the city can fit inside a church van.
Or when we spent a couple of hours arranging multiple distractions to lure out the guards and there were what, 10 guards?

Last edited:

deanote666

Their HQ has also been around since 1.0 and it still only consists of the library, Jean's office, and Klee's detention cell too.

Saber

Gold Member
I don't think it was that bad. Pretty standard Rhythm Tengoku-style mini game. I just suck at this type.

In my case both.
I suck and detest rhytim mini-games. Which is a bummer, because the previously animal games were fine and and interesting for a change. Its clear this event suffers from "trying to appease everyone" syndrome.

crumbs

This event seemed like it was designed to feel like there was a lot of content since you have the main story quests plus all the darshan-specific activities, but in reality there wasn't really much to do. The traveler doesn't do anything in the main quest other than fast travel around talking to the contestants. The Dori side quest was basically the same thing: talk to Dori, fast travel somewhere for a quick chat or fight, travel back to Dori, rinse & repeat. All the Darshan activities were really shallow and it felt like they added an extra day of time-gating to keep you from realizing how superfluous all the content was.

I guess you could make this complaint about other GI events, but it felt more obvious this time around.

Last edited:

Pejo

This event felt like it was designed to feel like there was a lot of content since you have the main story quests plus all the darshan-specific activities, but in reality there wasn't really much to do. The traveler doesn't do anything in the main quest other than fast ravel around talking to the contestants. The Dori side quest was basically the same thing: talk to Dori, fast travel somewhere for a quick chat or quick fight, travel back to Dori, rinse & repeat. All the Darshan activities were really shallow and it felt like they added an extra day of time-gating to keep you from realizing how superfluous all the content was.

I guess you could make this complaint about other GI events, but it felt more obvious this time around.
Yea totally agree with this, I felt the same way. A lot of dressing on top of what amounts to very simple lame events. There were makings of the event being good, but it feels like they threw their interns at it while they're working on Fontaine or something.

At first I didn't mind the general low investment/low difficulty that their events had been trending towards, but it's starting to get to me now. I'm not asking for sweaty hands level difficulty where I have to try multiple times to get that last 5 points to get max rewards, but damn any easier and these things are going to be playing themselves.

They should have just used the rhythm game that they built for Honkai Impact for the most recent patch, it's basically Muse Dash and was actually fun/rewarding to play.

Was about to say: You just described Genshin in general...

I wish there was a bit more to these mini games. Most of them only had three stages. They already programmed it all anyway, might as well design a couple more stages. Six per sounds reasonable to me.

For example, the rhythm game should've had two additional stages (maybe the tiger and a bird) and then a final stage that combines all the previous ones in one song. That's how Rhythm Tengoku does their "boss" stages. That way you have a conclusion to the whole thing. As it is, many of these games feel unfinished.

But then there's people who'll complain that it takes too long to get the rewards or that it's too difficult. There's a new survey about the events by the way, which presents these complaints on a silver platter to any lazy player.

crumbs

But then there's people who'll complain that it takes too long to get the rewards or that it's too difficult. There's a new survey about the events by the way, which presents these complaints on a silver platter to any lazy player.
I'm wondering how many GI players are gacha addicts who play like half a dozen gachas at a time and don't want to spend more than 10 minutes per game each day.

It does seem like the devs are front-loading content & rewards for recent events since they probably know (via surveys or player metrics) that players don't really "complete" these events. I don't think you needed to finish most or any of the 3rd round of the current event to get most of the primos and the free character.

Fake

GI is the only gancha I play. I wasn't even sure what the 'gancha' term before GI.

I guess is a life part of mobile users by default. I only play games on the console, so maybe thats the barrier.

Fuz

Banned
That's me. I don't like those events at all and I'm in only for the primogems. Why would I want for them to last longer?

Pejo

Banners for 3.7

FvXKLU3agAEzA1K

Shame Yaoyao wasn't with Kirara, I'd like her constellations.

Fake

Baizhu llv 90. Damn. I forgot how annoying is training a 5*.

Banners for 3.7

FvXKLU3agAEzA1K

Shame Yaoyao wasn't with Kirara, I'd like her constellations.

And somehow Chongus are in there? At this point everyone have a Chongus I guess?

Last edited:
These recent banners are pretty weird in terms of 4-star picks. Why is Chongyun there? He doesn't work with either of the 5-stars. Alhaitham's banner doesn't even have a single electro character for him to work with. Strange.

Decided yesterday to try pulling for Candace. Figured I'd rather have another hydro unit for my Nilou bloom team than a shielder who would probably be pretty annoying in the Abyss. Ultimately ended up with Kujou Sara, Fischl, Kaveh and finally Candace. I think I'm like ~40 pulls in now. Not sure if I'll try for Kirara, but the chances of getting her in a couple of pulls seems low regardless.

The best thing about Candace is that the shield bash in her normal attack string and ability break ores. Her chest area looks particularly unfinished though, like it's missing textures. Guess she was too hot so they censored her.

Fake

Candace shield and one of her basic attacks are consider blunt effect, same as for Klee basic attacks, so they can break geo shields, rocks and etc...

So they can trouble you if you want the enemy to stay frozen, but she does get physical bonus in the process of breaking frozen foes.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
The best thing about Candace is that the shield bash in her normal attack string and ability break ores. Her chest area looks particularly unfinished though, like it's missing textures. Guess she was too hot so they censored her.

This unfortunatelly is just as about of what you get from her. Her Skill has a rather low HP scaling and the attack range is pretty bad. Also her burst is pretty much not that usefull since only the splash of damage actually benefits from her HP scaling. I'm still trying to make her fit in any of my teams.
One thing to note is that her second combo from basic attack also counts as heavy attacks, though its better use her skill since its instantly break mines.
Also her design had alot of potential. That weird thing in her back would be better be a tatoo rather than a gold jewel. And alot of her cloth doesn't really make much of sense other than try to negate abit of her sex appeal.

Last edited:
  • Empathy
Reactions: Fuz
This unfortunatelly is just as about of what you get from her. Her Skill has a rather low HP scaling and the attack range is pretty bad. Also her burst is pretty much not that usefull since only the splash of damage actually benefits from her HP scaling. I'm still trying to make her fit in any of my teams.
One thing to note is that her second combo from basic attack also counts as heavy attacks, though its better use her skill since its instantly break mines.
Also her design had alot of potential. That weird thing in her back would be better be a tatoo rather than a gold jewel. And alot of her cloth doesn't really make much of sense other than try to negate abit of her sex appeal.
All I needed her to do is provide some hydro application for my bloom team, and she's fine for that role. I can see how it'd be difficult to slot her in anywhere else.

I still appreciate her design despite the censorship. Not enough chocolate in this game, so I'll take whatever I can get.

Pejo

Just finished the story quest part of the new event. The end cutscene was pretty cool but that whole side story was worthless and stupid. I dunno, it's probably about the same total amount of content as Mondstadt/Liyue festivals, but this first Sumeru festival was kinda shit, all said and done. It very much felt like a filler patch while they work on 4.0. I imagine 3.7 and 3.8 are gonna be even worse. At least there weren't 4 mini quests about light novels. And 3.8 is supposed to be the islands again, which are usually fun, so I guess I have that to look forward to.

Had pretty good luck on this week's Shogun boss.
XMYjo0K.jpg

That's about the best news I can say I've had in Genshin lately. I'm pretty much on maintenance mode until they reveal something exciting. I keep forgetting to use my expiring resin moons from the teapot shop, finally remembered just a few minutes ago to use the one I bought last week before it expired.

Collei got a pretty good official art for her birthday
Fvk-BOaXgAATMuB

I think i will pause for a while and uninstall the game.
All these events and the boring scenes that cannot be skipped.....i dont know.

I dont understand the concept of genshin impact. They create a great world, great exploration and great combat. For the events their dont use the great framework of exploration and combat and instead they create meaningless mini games. I dont get it. No high level dungeons beside spiral abyss. Its just sad.
You get these great characters, build them and than cant use them for what you build them. \o/

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
What bugs me the most...

Quit using the same generic blue door for EVERY SINGLE event!

Can't wait for the next event. It aways a stupid person outside and a door next to them.
Honestly I would say reusing the same characters gestures over and over again are worrying as well. Its aways women putting their hands in their chest or raising the hand to the mounth, or closing their hands cheering up expression, etc. It never changes.

deanote666

Anyone know of anyone with missing archon quests?

My sis is missing Chapter III act V in her quest list.

She said she fought round 1 but not round 2 of the Scara robot. She then said she got the cutscene where you name Wanderer. She never got the boat of consciousness quest and got depression from the following cutscenes where you change history..

Pejo

Anyone know of anyone with missing archon quests?

My sis is missing Chapter III act V in her quest list.

She said she fought round 1 but not round 2 of the Scara robot. She then said she got the cutscene where you name Wanderer. She never got the boat of consciousness quest and got depression from the following cutscenes where you change history..
Maybe she has story characters tied up in an event or hangout quest?

Fake

Ask her to post the quest screen. Maybe some commission is breaking the chain.

Need to be careful because some events have an option to skip requeriments, this can mess up the quest progress.

deanote666

Ask her to post the quest screen. Maybe some commission is breaking the chain.

Need to be careful because some events have an option to skip requeriments, this can mess up the quest progress.
Unfortunately, my sis is being a butt and won't send me screenshots. Had to ask 20 times to begin with for her to let me see the list the first time.

Pejo

New web event. It's one of the pain in the ass ones.

Genshin Impact: Take part in the "Glittering Elixirs" event and enjoy a novel potion-making experience with Paimon! Obtain Primogems and other in-game rewards! https://hoyo.link/50ghCBAd

• Triggered

Pejo

Today that other mobile gacha I played, and mentioned here occasionally, shut down. It's sad.

I casually "played" Priconne, which also shut down last month. I get that feeling.

3.8 is supposedly new islands (not the Archipelago), and the main character is Eula. Will she get a skin? Will it be more censored than her default?

Guess we wait and see.

• Strength

Fake

Eula will sure get censor. MHY is not like he used to be.
Don't matter, this month they will remember why they need fanservice and a good content/events.

Pejo

It's Kayea and Klee, thought you know. Or am I missing something?
Conflicting leaks, so who knows what's correct. The original 3.8 leaks said it was focused around Klee/Collei, so basically it's anybody's guess. Could still be Klee/Kaeya for costumes though, this is the first leak that said anything about Eula being the main focus. Several leakers are saying that Eula is gonna be one of the banners though, but she's been almost a year without a rerun so any numbskull could guess that.

Top Bottom