• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Genshin community is mostly a bunch of pussies, but China was able to do it before with Zhongli, the exclusive KFC items and 1st anniversary. Let's hope they can do it again.
This is the key. I play a few MHY games, and it always comes down to what the unhinged CN fanbase does. They don't give a regurgitated cat shit about global audiences other than "give us your money".

CN complains enough - some things will change. CN doesn't care - ha, suck it yankees and euros. Dehya was the least popular 5* for Sumeru (in CN) when a survey was done around 3.1, so I have virtually no faith that enough of them care to put up a stink that would actually move MHY. We basically are at the mercy of whatever they plan on doing.

For reference, in Honkai a few years ago, MHY did something unique for the global anniversary since it's a different month than the CN one, and they gave us a little MMD-tier dance video of the Honkai girls in bunny suits doing a dance to a semi-popular JP band's song on YouTube, and an in-game equipment with a picture of one of the girls in a bunny suit (the only unique in-game thing we got in fact).

CN fanbase freaked the fuck out that we got something that they didn't, called all sorts of CN government agencies on them, and a guy even hid in the bushes at MHY headquarters in Shanghai with a knife waiting to stab the CEO. He was caught and thrown in jail.

So what did MHY do? They cancelled the global anniversary stuff, removed the video from YouTube, changed the exclusive equipment in the game, and then gave CN basically a free 10-pull worth of currency as compensation.

Global got less than 1 pull compensation. Then CN rioted that we got anything and still cried like babies about it.

That's MHY and how they handle feedback globally vs. domestically.

I wrote all that to just say "keep your expectations in check".

Also, here's the video if you're curious what enraged them so much.

Last edited:
This is the key. I play a few MHY games, and it always comes down to what the unhinged CN fanbase does. They don't give a regurgitated cat shit about global audiences other than "give us your money".

CN complains enough - some things will change. CN doesn't care - ha, suck it yankees and euros. Dehya was the least popular 5* for Sumeru (in CN) when a survey was done around 3.1, so I have virtually no faith that enough of them care to put up a stink that would actually move MHY. We basically are at the mercy of whatever they plan on doing.
While I agree MHY seems to care way more about their domestic audience, some of the examples I gave were on a global scale. The KFC promotion was only available to the Chinese. It was international audiences who pressured them to make that stuff available elsewhere. The 1st anniversary was a joint effort. I don't think it was the Chinese who were review-bombing Google Classroom in the app store.

I remember that Honkai incident, but the circumstances are a bit different now. Everyone's getting a shitty Dehya, and Genshin is way more popular around the globe. If China doesn't care about Dehya, I estimate the chances of any real changes happening to be extremely low though.

Pejo

While I agree MHY seems to care way more about their domestic audience, some of the examples I gave were on a global scale. The KFC promotion was only available to the Chinese. It was international audiences who pressured them to make that stuff available elsewhere. The 1st anniversary was a joint effort. I don't think it was the Chinese who were review-bombing Google Classroom in the app store.
KFC wings were given in a way that was simultaneously the hardest to figure out and the worst method of acquisition out of any promotional giveaway I've ever seen in any game. Even if you wanted to donate to Twitch streamers, signing up in a way that you got credit for it to get the wings was nearly impossible. I wouldn't call that so much of a "win", but at least there was some method available I guess. 1st Anni was indeed a global phenomenon, but even "winning" that just got us a pack they planned to sell for free. It was like one rung up from an already low bar.
I remember that Honkai incident, but the circumstances are a bit different now. Everyone's getting a shitty Dehya, and Genshin is way more popular around the globe. If China doesn't care about Dehya, I estimate the chances of any real changes happening to be extremely low though.
My point was moreso that unless the domestic fanbase really puts up a stink about it, they will likely just stay radio silent and let it blow over for the global audience. For as many people that like Dehya, it's not nearly enough and we don't have any real backing or leverage from the masses to get it switched.

Everyone can recognize shitty anniversary rewards and it's easy to unite people behind that. It's not quite as easy to unite people behind a message of "her NA %s are low! The cooldown of her reposition skill and the skill itself are too long! Her burst has no manual control and each hit will not vape a hit from Yelan/Xingqiu because there are no attacks!"

There's just no easy way to get a common goal here unless it's just something like "Dehya sux!"

Pejo

Ok, cool.

That's exactly what you're gonna do, though.
Season 5 Whatever GIF by Paramount+

Pejo

Are you insinuating that real women have curves in their body? I think not! Women only are a vague shape that looks the same from all angles. Sort of gelatinous with flat lighting and no shadows. Yep, that's real women for you. Glad Genshin is going for realism. Especially now.

Look at this, it's just ridiculous!
cm4qthgekjp81.png

Get ye out of here, curves, gradients, and shading! The power of CCP compels you!

Go Away No GIF by Film Riot

Ah well, I'm done letting this Dehya thing bug me until release at least. Nothing I can do about it. I'll roll a copy for my teapot I guess. Design is still nice and I still plan on doing a fanart post-thon up until her release. MHY can't retroactively ruin fanart, ha ha!

I really liked that battle event. The enemies were just the right difficulty at hard to put up a good fight, but allow you to use your brain to make good teams to counter each type. My Yoimiya put in some good work against the balloons and machines. Also finally got to use my Shenhe freeze comp in challenging content, and it worked really well. Lowest score I got was 17000, and that was when I brought a team of Keqing/Kokomi/Kusanali/Yelan vs. the big mushrooms and forgot a shielder. Keqing got tossed around nearly non-stop. Whoops.

Tried Lisa out a bit in her new clothes. It's not bad actually, but I still prefer the original. Also I hate the swaddled diaper ass thing they've been doing a lot with Sumeru. Can't wait to get out of there.

Fake

Imagine being afraid of curves.

anw, the lack of PR and the nerfs around Dehya don't help her cause.

And I not sure if I like the Foutaine character art direction. Only leaks can save at this point.

Pejo

Imagine being afraid of curves.

anw, the lack of PR and the nerfs around Dehya don't help her cause.

And I not sure if I like the Foutaine character art direction. Only leaks can save at this point.
I'm gonna chalk up that flat lighting to a bug or glitch or something. I remember Ningguang shouldergate where everyone flipped out that her shoulder blades were removed in her new dress, which got fixed. None of the other characters got that shading removal other than Jean's censored outfit. Yelan came out after that whole mess and she looks normal. Then again, they REALLY hate Dehya, so who knows.

Fake

I'm gonna chalk up that flat lighting to a bug or glitch or something. I remember Ningguang shouldergate where everyone flipped out that her shoulder blades were removed in her new dress, which got fixed. None of the other characters got that shading removal other than Jean's censored outfit. Yelan came out after that whole mess and she looks normal. Then again, they REALLY hate Dehya, so who knows.

Yelan was the last one with appealing design, but people pointed out the boobs shake rework.

Same as Lisa new outfit. Looks like she good a tone down in this matter. Just make easy to choise the current skin.

And back to Dehya, I guess they know she could flop? We gonna receive another reward for login, with is quite strange. They don't usually give wishes near to a new character. Not against, but is very suspicious.

I guess everything around Dehya explain 'why' MYH declared war against leakers.

Fuz

Banned
Ah well, I'm done letting this Dehya thing bug me until release at least. Nothing I can do about it. I'll roll a copy for my teapot I guess. Design is still nice and I still plan on doing a fanart post-thon up until her release. MHY can't retroactively ruin fanart, ha ha!
Honestly... why don't you just wait for a rerun? We're having them rerunning very quickly anyway, so you can see if something's change or some team comes out where she shines.
The enemies were just the right difficulty at hard to put up a good fight, but allow you to use your brain to make good teams to counter each type.

I Just unga bunga'd everything and scored a bit less that 20k on each stage
2Rce3.gif

Chadhaitam.png

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Guess I'll have to resort to this:
5zmVBiA.jpg

Also me, coping hard:
KgcInMm.jpg

Let me use my magnifing glass, to see if I can find something hot in that outfit.

edit:

Looks like Baizhu will be a dendro catalyst despite all later leakers saying that his dendro application would be terrible without C1(I was guessing at this point he wouldn't be one). His burst will be like Yelan and his skill will be a shield. Also his weapon is from the primordial jade family series.

Last edited:

Fake

Baizhu weapon banner is Jade Catalyst:

cgze223hqcga1.jpg

Next possible banner and weapon banner:
9yo9jv032cga1.png

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

SSfox

As expected. It was a pretty safe bet that the banner distribution was gonna be Dehya/Cyno and Eula/Albedo. I assume Dehya will finally have some Sumeru 4 stars on her banner though. Maybe Candace and Collei.
Yeah, not too interest in tho tho, already have both C1 and don't use them, If Fichl Diona and Dori will be in woul be neat for me. But i don't know if i should pull i should pull there. Guess i'll see once i try Dehya.

Yeah, not too interest in tho tho, already have both C1 and don't use them, If Fichl Diona and Dori will be in woul be neat for me. But i don't know if i should pull i should pull there. Guess i'll see once i try Dehya.
I'd sooner expect (one of) those three on Eula's banner than Dehya's. Cyno is already electro himself and Dehya has no synergy with electro either. Eula needs electro for superconduct.

How long will the next banner last 2 or 3 weeks? the closed beta of version 3.6 has already started
Apparently they gave up with dehya.
Three more weeks yeah. Weird that they're advancing with the beta already.

Saber

Gold Member
Three more weeks yeah. Weird that they're advancing with the beta already.

This could mean alot of things, but I my guess would be as good as Dregnel Dregnel . They completelly abandon Dehyan and wants a new hot seller as soon as possible. They probably can't afford 2 new character flops in a row.

Might as well remember that the big titles from 2023 are finally about to be release, so they gonna face a massive competition.

• Praise the Sun

Fuz

Banned
Genshin: No, our CN developed open world game can't have shadows on the girl's butts!
yAnlnkl.jpg

ToF:
by8zrke5ccga1.jpg
4ftxxrl5ccga1.jpg
New incoming character or custom MC?

Btw, heard the news? ToF is giving us artifact sets in the new patch. Fuck you mihoyo.

Dregnel

Genshin: No, our CN developed open world game can't have shadows on the girl's butts!
yAnlnkl.jpg

ToF:
by8zrke5ccga1.jpg
4ftxxrl5ccga1.jpg
That is a great costume but i guess you need c3 to get it, i lost like 5 times the pity in this game, the gacha in this game is terrible.
i hate tencent with passion.

Pejo

New incoming character or custom MC?
2.5 character in CN
Btw, heard the news? ToF is giving us artifact sets in the new patch. Fuck you mihoyo.
No, but that's bad news on top of the already shit equipment system. Too many slots, too much RNG already.

That is a great costume but i guess you need c3 to get it, i lost like 5 times the pity in this game, the gacha in this game is terrible.
i hate tencent with passion.
Yea it's the C3. I'm not sticking up for ToF as a whole, they make plenty of their own stupid bullshit decisions, but at least the character design is on point.

I really wish Japan or Korea would make an attempt at the Genshin audience. Problem is, outside of getting funded from some bullshit company like Tencent, I don't see how anyone would get enough capital to make a compelling product in either of those locations. I absolutely do not want to see a Western stab at this genre though, it'd be truly awful.

Fuz

Banned
Are you saying that they're adding artifact sets in ToF now, on top of the equipment system? I don't think I understood your post.
No, I used "artifact" to draw a parallelism to Genshin... we're getting matrices sets, so you can just quick swap them between weapon sets.
rqenzq3tcdga1.jpg

Saber

Gold Member
So Lisa's quest is only this? No follow up?

Yup.
Talk about cheap quests. They really aren't putting much of effort. But honestly, at least I wouldn't have to endure the dialogues. GI current writers are really bad.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Well, I caved.
80th pull.

Alyss-Roll.jpg

Went for 120 and got her A1.
I still have enough for Frigg, but not sure... she might end up in the standard banner soon, and I really want Fiona.

Anyway, Alyss weapon is embarassing, but her kit is super fucking fun and really strong - and the butterfly is incredibly convenient. I had tons of doubts and pulled on impulse, but I'm glad I did.

Pejo

Well, I caved.
80th pull.

Alyss-Roll.jpg

Went for 120 and got her A1.
I still have enough for Frigg, but not sure... she might end up in the standard banner soon, and I really want Fiona.

Anyway, Alyss weapon is embarassing, but her kit is super fucking fun and really strong - and the butterfly is incredibly convenient. I had tons of doubts and pulled on impulse, but I'm glad I did.
Told you. Frigg is more of the backbone of Frost, IMO. She doesn't do the big burst numbers of Alyss, but she's got that field that's so damn good for the element in general. Also, she's still the best option to spam dash attacks until cooldowns/recharge is up, so you never have dead times in your rotations. I honestly don't see how Frost gets more fun to play than Saki/Alyss/Frigg, from a DPS angle. Other elements dont' seem to have that synergy and cohesiveness.

Alyss' butterfly is a gamechanger while exploring zones, or even just running around town. Too bad you can't control 360 degrees while flying, it seems you just move forward on a plane, and can turn left/right. Not up and down. Still, with the jetpack and grapple gauntlet, movement is so satisfying.

Fuz

Banned
Told you. Frigg is more of the backbone of Frost, IMO. She doesn't do the big burst numbers of Alyss, but she's got that field that's so damn good for the element in general. Also, she's still the best option to spam dash attacks until cooldowns/recharge is up, so you never have dead times in your rotations. I honestly don't see how Frost gets more fun to play than Saki/Alyss/Frigg, from a DPS angle. Other elements dont' seem to have that synergy and cohesiveness.

Alyss' butterfly is a gamechanger while exploring zones, or even just running around town. Too bad you can't control 360 degrees while flying, it seems you just move forward on a plane, and can turn left/right. Not up and down. Still, with the jetpack and grapple gauntlet, movement is so satisfying.
I like Lin, toh
cikYa.gif

No space for 3 frost in my team.

deanote666

At least genshin is making it easy for me to save.

Might go for Yelan C2, Eula C2. Both C1 right now.

Got Yelan bow, bp claymore on Eula. Don't think I'll try for her 5* claymore.

Pejo

At least genshin is making it easy for me to save.

Might go for Yelan C2, Eula C2. Both C1 right now.

Got Yelan bow, bp claymore on Eula. Don't think I'll try for her 5* claymore.
As someone with Eula C6R1, I would say the claymore is worth it, if you actually plan to use her. I was using a mix of wolf's gravestone and Skyward before I got it, and it blows them both out of the water, but you probably won't use it on anyone else.

*edit*

Looks like a famous theorycrafter/team optimizer guy has been talking with his peers that were in the beta, regarding Dehya. A quote from the thread about it:

Minute 12:05 is jstern saying what Beta Testers think about Dehya:

1. Her Q is a total mess. You can't dodge and you die a lot.
  2. For some reason, Beta Testers only got C2 Dehya, not C6
  3. Beta Testers have been complaining nonstop
  4. She dies a lot. A LOT.

Video is here if you want to watch, but I would advise against it. Seems like the kind of narcissistic youtuber trash that I purposefully avoid.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I would that as much.
With a burst like that shes an easy target. No way she can survive those ultra CC resistant eremites.

edit:

Btw guys, looks like Dehya finally got HP scaling for her kits. The problem is, she got nerfed once again so her scales are worse than before.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Well, at least those rumors about no changes to Dehya were wrong. It's good that people are complaining too. Gives me a little bit of hope regardless.

I just don't understand why reduce once again her numbers, which are already low. Are they afraid of her exploding enemies?

I just don't understand why reduce once again her numbers, which are already low. Are they afraid of her exploding enemies?
They are either really stubborn, or have no idea what they're doing. But as long as they're changing something, there's the potential for improvement.

Pejo

Looks like they also changed one of her passives. Summary from reddit:

Change is:

4 sec interruption RES with 8 sec CD

to

9 sec interruption RES with 18 sec CD

Edit: They should change it to 12 sec interruption RES with no CD because her E skill already has a 12 sec uptime with a 20 sec CD.

Absolutely puzzling what they're going for here.

Top Bottom