• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Nankatsu

I'm actually in doubt about which team I should run for Alhaitham.

While I really like Yelan as a character and also for her burst utility, truth is Raiden with her skill makes Alhaitham's damage way more solid and lengthy than running Yelan just for her burst.

I'm not a fan of Fischl and I have never tried Shinobo.

I could run both and ditch Zhongli, but I like to run my shield boy Zhongli, he is almost permanent in my teams.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Tried my level 1 Shinobo on the team and holy shit, she's awesome.

Last edited:

Pejo

Nerfing her constellation.... they thought she was TOO strong???? The fuck am I reading?
I'm actually in doubt about which team I should run for Alhaitham.

While I really like Yelan as a character and also for her burst utility, truth is Raiden with her skill makes Alhaitham's damage way more solid and lengthy than running Yelan just for her burst.

I'm not a fan of Fischl and I have never tried Shinobo.

I could run both and ditch Zhongli, but I like to run my shield boy Zhongli, he is almost permanent in my teams.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: Tried my level 1 Shinobo on the team and holy shit, she's awesome.
At least to me, it seems like Alhaitham needs something to prevent getting staggered, so I'm still trying to figure out a solution other than "just bring Zhongli". Best case scenario would obviously be a Hydro or Electro shield, but Beidou is the only one that brings an Electro shield, and only during her burst for a measly amount of damage. I still haven't found a team for him that I like personally yet.

Shinobu has been amazing since Dendro was introduced, very respectable damage if built for EM too.

Nankatsu

So I started to build Yaoyao and I'll be running her on a Deepwood set, since i need that dendro RES decrease to be enabled for Alhaitham.

While using this build I slapped her with tons of ER/HP main stat artifacts, since it's what most of the guides I watched on youtube told me to do.

Overall I ended up with 201% ER, 74% Crit damage and a mere 10% Crit Rate.

So my question is, does she really need that much crit rate for a mere healer role?

I do run her with Favonious Lance, and now I'm confused if my crit rate mixes up with the crit that the Lance does.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Nerfing her constellation.... they thought she was TOO strong???? The fuck am I reading?

They speculate(and I mean hopium) this is all part of making base Dehya(C0) stronger isntead of heavly dependant on constelations.

As for me, kinda of losing hope with her. I did said that her numbers could be tuned, but after seeing her in action I noted that her entire kit is a mess. Now I totally agree with InterMusketeer InterMusketeer , she needs a full overhaul.

Pejo

They speculate(and I mean hopium) this is all part of making base Dehya(C0) stronger isntead of heavly dependant on constelations.

As for me, kinda of losing hope with her. I did said that her numbers could be tuned, but after seeing her in action I noted that her entire kit is a mess. Now I totally agree with InterMusketeer InterMusketeer , she needs a full overhaul.
Who knows what will happen. I remember that Ayato basically got a full makeover on his kit from beta to release, so here's hoping.

If i get dehya i C6 my Bennet

I was just typing up a post for this lol.

Good ol' retards at Team China did another gameplay video with made up numbers, invincible enemies, etc. This time mono-pyro, a team that I'm sure everybody was interested in, in a game that's all about elemental reactions. These guys are useless other than for seeing a character's moveset. At least this one isn't on a 75 degree hill slant, but the big brains did it in a field of grass so there's just constant red covering up the damage numbers and making it difficult to see shit.

Worthless.

SSfox

Shinobu has been amazing since Dendro was introduced, very respectable damage if built for EM too.

Respectable? She's Broken literally lol specially w Nahida. And her flower and feather didn't proc on EM that much.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

For now I found my team: Alhaitham, Raiden, Yaoyao and Zhongli.

Super solid and in case I need, I can use Raiden as a dps too.

However, once I build Shinobu I wanna try Alhaitham, her, Yaoyao and Yelan. Using duo healer maybe can overcome my constant need of a shielder.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Using duo healer maybe can overcome my constant need of a shielder.
QKZ8Dzt.png

ssringo

So, I rather like this event. Other than the embarrassing, but mercifully short, "performance" by Xinyan and Hu Tao the story and lore were enjoyable and the mini games are decently fun. I hope we get more Cloud Retainer stuff. She was great in this and had me chuckling a few times (and I found her very relatable).

Pejo

For now I found my team: Alhaitham, Raiden, Yaoyao and Zhongli.

Super solid and in case I need, I can use Raiden as a dps too.

However, once I build Shinobu I wanna try Alhaitham, her, Yaoyao and Yelan. Using duo healer maybe can overcome my constant need of a shielder.
Maybe it's just me, but the shielder is important because it adds stagger resist, especially with Alhaitham. It just feels like his combo comes out slow or he has very little knockback resist during his attack string or something. Feels very different than even Keqing for instance.

So, am I the only one that thinks Dvorak from the Lantern Rite quest is voiced by a woman with a voice modulator? They can't find any guys that would want to voice a character?

An example:

Saber

Gold Member
So, I rather like this event. Other than the embarrassing, but mercifully short, "performance" by Xinyan and Hu Tao the story and lore were enjoyable and the mini games are decently fun. I hope we get more Cloud Retainer stuff. She was great in this and had me chuckling a few times (and I found her very relatable).

I think it was a mix bag.

Sure I like Xynian, any screen she gets it's a win for me. But this time, it felt a bit forced.
The music(at least on the language my GI has) is nice. But it never felt like they were doing a music(I mean, who's doing the rest of the music???). It felt like I was watching 2 kids jumping, trying to make music out of it. I can't count the amount of time both of them keep jumping, didn't feel like Xynian was a pro on that departament. Hu Tao was there just... because. Taking her away and put another character wouldn't make any difference for me.

The rest itself was acceptable. Most of Genshin Impact good old dialogue is gone, and it feels like Traveler keep hurling praises/compliments(aka simping) every so often.
The art describing the story was nice, but the subtitles are white in contrast with the shining art of the cutscene, making it almost impossible to read.
As for the events, I like 2 out of 3. The one that you guides the warrior is the most interesting so far. The battle one is pretty acceptable, and the monsters you beat still drop itens(thats a good in my book). The ship one was the worst by far. The ship is not suitable for doing missions in open area due to how terrible its traction is. Thats why most of the ship events are in a straight line, which makes the sailing part less terrible. In this case you most of times have to do u-turns and whatnot, and it's horrible to do so due to how it controls.

Reactions: Fuz
So, am I the only one that thinks Dvorak from the Lantern Rite quest is voiced by a woman with a voice modulator? They can't find any guys that would want to voice a character?
Which dub? I didn't get that feeling from the JP voice actor, but I'm not familiair with that tech at all.

The ship one was the worst by far. The ship is not suitable for doing missions in open area due to how terrible its traction is. Thats why most of the ship events are in a straight line, which makes the sailing part less terrible. In this case you most of times have to do u-turns and whatnot, and it's horrible to do so due to how it controls.
I thought the boat one wat pretty fun in multiplayer. Not sure what the single player variant is like, but the MP one has an almost Mario Kart-esque flavor to it with the items and chaos.

In fact I think all of them are pretty good. The combat one is simple but effective. The paper theater is neat but I kinda suck at it. The jumping and flying one is kinda cool with all the fireworks going off. Seems like they just want to have something for everyone, with puzzles, combat and lighthearted stuff.

These self-contained stories they do with Lantern Rite are usually pretty good. This one was good too, but my single complaint makes a return: It's just a bunch of dialogue. Last year's event had a boss fight and a dungeon and everything. It was mostly connected to Shenhe's archon quest, but still. This year we picked some bamboo shoots and killed one dude. The rest is talk. I think they need an editor to go over the dialogue one more time too. There's too much fluff. There was hardly a resolution to the story either. "Oh that person was the fairy" and then you faintly hear a song playing in the background that we've already heard a thousand times already with some new orchestral stuff going on. Meh. Maybe it just not feasible to compose a new song for just this event, but dang the story deserved it IMO.

Nankatsu

And...lost another 50/50.

Got Tighnari trying to pull C1 Alhaitham. Can't even be mad, because both times I lost the 50/50 at least I pulled something new. And getting Tighnari was the 2nd best thing I could want to be fair.

Now I have garanteed pull next time around. It's going to be either for Nahida or something cool down the road.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Maybe it's just me, but the shielder is important because it adds stagger resist, especially with Alhaitham. It just feels like his combo comes out slow or he has very little knockback resist during his attack string or something. Feels very different than even Keqing for instance.

An example:

But I dunno, I play with the superior VA so he sounds pretty... "standard".
Funny how he directs the orchestra that isn't there. Cheap ass bastard mihoyo.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Feels very short and inconsequential, for what should be the biggest event of the year in Genshin.

And yeah... just when I thought I can't hate Hu Tao more. Cringe rap.

Nankatsu

Feels very short and inconsequential, for what should be the biggest event of the year in Genshin.

And yeah... just when I thought I can't hate Hu Tao more. Cringe rap.
Agree. Lantern Rite is like the most memorial festival in GI so far. And yet it felt very short. I know the story arc is not concluded yet but still, I was hoping for something more unique and lenghty.

Hell make some unknown entity invade the festival for all I care. Spice things with a little of drama.

From all the Archons I don't know why they insist in giving Zhongli the shortest airtime. Man is legit the wisest and down to earth of them all.

The presence Venti has on Mondstadt festival and Zhongli has in Lantern Rite is laughable in comparation.

Last edited:

Pejo

But I dunno, I play with the superior VA so he sounds pretty... "standard".
Funny how he directs the orchestra that isn't there. Cheap ass bastard mihoyo.

I legitimately can't believe that's the voice of a real male human and not a modulator. Opera really fucks with your vocal chords apparently. Even seeing him talk on his youtube channel makes me think its a voiceover.

Pejo

Ok so I finally caught up on Lantern Rite stuff tonight.

Am I misremembering or didn't Zhongli kill Guizhong after she got corrupted in that underground tunnel? The story that Cloud Retainer told us made it seem like she died in some big battle or something, completely different than the Zhongli character quest.

Also holy shit that performance had me grinding my teeth. Why was any of that necessary, they could have just had them playing music and dancing, singing/"rapping" was completely unnecessary.

Also, I really like the coin collecting platforming minigame. Reminds me of Donkey Kong games, getting shot out of barrels and collecting bananas and stuff.

crumbs

Ok so I finally caught up on Lantern Rite stuff tonight.

Am I misremembering or didn't Zhongli kill Guizhong after she got corrupted in that underground tunnel? The story that Cloud Retainer told us made it seem like she died in some big battle or something, completely different than the Zhongli character quest.

Also holy shit that performance had me grinding my teeth. Why was any of that necessary, they could have just had them playing music and dancing, singing/"rapping" was completely unnecessary.

Also, I really like the coin collecting platforming minigame. Reminds me of Donkey Kong games, getting shot out of barrels and collecting bananas and stuff.
Maybe you're combining this fan theory with the quest that featured the story of the Salt Goddess, who Morax was accused of killing, but the quest revealed that her own supporters "mercy" killed her in that underground space during the archon wars.

Yes, the rapping was cringe, it was probably better in Chinese or Japanese. It felt like the English VAs knew it was going to suck and put almost no effort into it.

Saber

Gold Member
Yes, the rapping was cringe, it was probably better in Chinese or Japanese. It felt like the English VAs knew it was going to suck and put almost no effort into it.

In japanese is nice, its my GI base language. But doesn't change much since it never actually looked like a performance.

Pejo

Enjoy

Btw, someone should draw her sad instead of a smile.

nerfs across the board, buff to C2.

MHY is on fucking crack. Fuck them so much.

Maybe you're combining this fan theory with the quest that featured the story of the Salt Goddess, who Morax was accused of killing, but the quest revealed that her own supporters "mercy" killed her in that underground space during the archon wars.
Ah right, for some reason I forgot she was salt. Goddesses of Salt, Dust - Zhongli of the past was just making shit up to surround himself with ladies. Respect.
They could have at least mixed the audio a little better so it felt like the voice lines went together with the music at least a little. Actually nah, they didn't need it at all. The music part and dancing would have been fine.

At least Cloud Retainer delivered. So salty and sassy. Really hope she becomes playable.

That's also the 2nd time they teased young Ping and mentioned that she takes whatever physical form she wants to. I would love a whole patch of playable adepti released.

Last edited:
Wondering if I should try for a YaoYao C1. That 15% dendro damage bonus sounds yummi. 🤔
C1 and C2 are pretty good. But I get the feeling you'd get another 5 star you didn't really want before any cons.

I'm ignoring any news on Dehya. Let me know when her kit's been recycled.

Pejo

Wondering if I should try for a YaoYao C1. That 15% dendro damage bonus sounds yummi. 🤔
Don't forget you can pick her for the selector at the end of Lantern Rite, so that's a free constellation if you already have her.
Holy shit those are brutal.
They actually added a cooldown to her stagger resist. Now she's infinitely worse than just the most basic ass shielder. Maybe even worse than Crystallize shields.

crumbs

At least Cloud Retainer delivered. So salty and sassy. Really hope she becomes playable.

That's also the 2nd time they teased young Ping and mentioned that she takes whatever physical form she wants to. I would love a whole patch of playable adepti released.
It's a bit irritating experiencing these interesting designs for the non-playable characters, like the Yakshas and Adepti, while knowing that we'll be getting Mika and Baizhu in the next couple of versions :messenger_expressionless:

Top Bottom