• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Finally, we're getting another collab

KFC with Diluc and Noelle? GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE.

Best girls with Pizza hut
Jojo GIF

c37zmkoy2s791.png

xz7wwn8y2s791.png

Pejo

Is better Jean making that pizza.
Eh, you know it's going to be exclusive to CN/Maybe JP. Still, I'm going to pay some dude 200 bucks to steal me the cardboard cutout of them.

*edit*

New grey haired dude is a Dendro sword, and his name is Al-Haitham or Haytham or something like that.

Last edited:

Fake

Eh, you know it's going to be exclusive to CN/Maybe JP. Still, I'm going to pay some dude 200 bucks to steal me the cardboard cutout of them.

*edit*

New grey haired dude is a Dendro sword, and his name is Al-Haitham or Haytham or something like that.

Would care if the wing was not a problem for the rest of the world.

crumbs

They're working their way through the YUM! brand collabs, so that would leave Taco Bell as the next up. Promo character will be Itto with his specialty triple bean burrito.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Itto banner not making many initial waves. Probably because those that wanted him, got him the first time, and his constellations kinda blow.

juzws9yy6p791.jpg
LoL at Kazuha first run.
Most underrated character at launch and everybody followed the herd.

Cool people already knew and rolled for him.
8glWQ.gif

Yelan's banner did really well though.
Yelan AND Xiao, who's very popular.

Last edited:

Fake

LoL at Kazuha first run.
Most underrated character at launch and everybody followed the herd.

Cool people already knew and rolled for him.
8glWQ.gif

Yelan AND Xiao, who's very popular.

IMO Kazura PR could be better. They lack deep from the lore between his dead friend.

I have a side thought about this.
Genshin's revenue are... how many billions now? 4? 5?
Where does all the missing money come from? All from BP and Welkin? Are they really that profitable?
The numbers in that chart are only from Apple IOS for the Chinese market. Android and PlayStation are not included, and foreign markets are entirely separate too.

As for the revenue itself, we can't accurately tell what that money was even spent on. BP? Welkin? Crystals? No info on that. People could in theory spend a bunch of money, only to pull much later on a different banner. We can safely assume the majority of that money is spent on one of the limited banners though.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
I unironically think Mondstadt has a special algorithm for commissions. When I set my commissions back to Mondstadt I only got Ella Musk every day for like 2 weeks. Now I'm only getting Godwin/Glory every single fucking day.
Plus, I'm getting the same location over and over for Small Step for Hilichurls (Falcon Coast) and Spreading Evil (Blightcrown). Every. Fucking. Day.
Inazuma wasn't this bad.

Edit: weird that for the Shogun birthday we only get food - she can't even cook and no special food either - and not a single material.

Last edited:

Dregnel

Itto banner not making many initial waves. Probably because those that wanted him, got him the first time, and his constellations kinda blow.

juzws9yy6p791.jpg
Good, I hope they don't put more new 4 star characters together with the old 5 star characters just to try to sell it, I'm glad people haven't fallen for it, i did it because my pity was 0.

On the other hand, the leaks should also be this week, the beta should be this Wednesday or Thursday.

Pejo

Good, I hope they don't put more new 4 star characters together with the old 5 star characters just to try to sell it, I'm glad people haven't fallen for it, i did it because my pity was 0.

On the other hand, the leaks should also be this week, the beta should be this Wednesday or Thursday.
The people on reddit that spend way too much time and mental space on this stuff say we should get some "drip marketing" tomorrow for the new Sumeru characters, beta will start around the 29th or something.

I'm really curious to see the actual first Sumeru designs. I could really like the aesthetic if any of the current leaks are correct.

I have a side thought about this.
Genshin's revenue are... how many billions now? 4? 5?
Where does all the missing money come from? All from BP and Welkin? Are they really that profitable?
Just like any gacha, I'm guessing that the vast majority of the profits are from a tiny % of the overall population. The Weklin/BP buyers likely make up less than 10% of total revenue. C6/R5 YouTubers and whales likely make up the lion's share. Add that to the fact that in CN and other asian territories, having whaled out characters is almost a status symbol instead of a point of shame like it is in the west, typically. Due to the cost of entry, I would assume the CN Android market is likely the biggest from a revenue perspective, followed by CN iOS and then likely Japan or the SEA region.
Yelan's banner did really well though. I guess it's not too surprising with how powerful and fun she is. Hopefully they draw some conclusions from this.
Yea I really hope they learn from this and quit selling us (ok, mostly me) cute female characters with otherwise boring, redundant, or straight up bad kits. I feel like other than Keqing, every female electro character fills damn near the same niche. Off field electro application with a short high damage burst. I really like Shinobu, but that 30% HP hit when she uses her skill really gimps her quite a bit in practice, as I'm building her. She'd have been fine but not overpowered without it, but now it's an active detractor. I've also noticed that movement related skills seem to be the most fun to use, like Kaz's double jump and Yelan/Sayu's stamina free sprints. I'd like to see more of those added in. I almost wish that all of the regional traveler flavors were the ones that had the movement skills, to give you any reason at all to actually use them.

Pejo

So here's the approximate size of Sumeru and it looks like we're getting either the Dandelion Sea or that's where the permanent GAA is in the top right: The bright green boxes are the approximate size of the new maps we're getting in 3.0. GAA is rumored to be permanent this time instead of limited time like last year, so I'm guessing that's the top right. I doubt they'd give us both Sumeru AND Dandelion Sea in the same patch. That's a bit of overload.

I'll be honest, I expected Sumeru to be further inland and not have much coastal land.

sadl8iyvoz791.png

Fuz

Banned
I almost wish that all of the regional traveler flavors were the ones that had the movement skills, to give you any reason at all to actually use them.
Uh... NOT having reasons to use the traveler is actually a good thing. Have you seen his design?

Anyway, skipped Cookie Shinobu and probably gonna skip Heizou too. He looks fun but as a 4★ dps how much use will we realistically get from him? Also horrible banner for me. I think I'm gonna save for a very long time, then pull only for Su and the dendro archon. According to the leaks, the rest is pointless. Furries and kids. Collei 4★. Nah.

Dregnel

The people on reddit that spend way too much time and mental space on this stuff say we should get some "drip marketing" tomorrow for the new Sumeru characters, beta will start around the 29th or something.

I'm really curious to see the actual first Sumeru designs. I could really like the aesthetic if any of the current leaks are correct.
Coco-Diona as 4* and a furry with fluffy tail is the 5*(''male'')
that is what i'm reading these days.

Pejo

Uh... NOT having reasons to use the traveler is actually a good thing. Have you seen his design?

Anyway, skipped Cookie Shinobu and probably gonna skip Heizou too. He looks fun but as a 4★ dps how much use will we realistically get from him? Also horrible banner for me. I think I'm gonna save for a very long time, then pull only for Su and the dendro archon. According to the leaks, the rest is pointless. Furries and kids. Collei 4★. Nah.
If the rumored Traveler Dendro kit is true, they could actually be usable for now, but you're probably going to need at least one Dendro character. Furry sounds like if Ganyu and Yoimiya's charge attacks had baby and it turned Dendro. That doesn't sound particularly enthralling to me either, but I'm definitely rolling for Collei.

Heizou I'm with you on, I think I'll just wait and get him off banner or something. I already got my Kaz and my next 10 pull will likely be pity, which is guaranteed featured character, so I'm going to at least wait to see what Sumeru's banners are going to look like.

Coco-Diona as 4* and a furry with fluffy tail is the 5*(''male'')
that is what i'm reading these days.
Yea this is what I heard too. We'll likely see those two plus hopefully Collei's new design. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed the grey haired male character too, since he's the one that has leaked the most details, even the full character bust image.

Last edited:

Dregnel

su is a dude called Al Haitham now, these leakers are more lost than a colorblind man trying to solve rubik's cube.

Dregnel

If the rumored Traveler Dendro kit is true, they could actually be usable for now, but you're probably going to need at least one Dendro character. Furry sounds like if Ganyu and Yoimiya's charge attacks had baby and it turned Dendro. That doesn't sound particularly enthralling to me either, but I'm definitely rolling for Collei.

Heizou I'm with you on, I think I'll just wait and get him off banner or something. I already got my Kaz and my next 10 pull will likely be pity, which is guaranteed featured character, so I'm going to at least wait to see what Sumeru's banners are going to look like.

Yea this is what I heard too. We'll likely see those two plus hopefully Collei's new design. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed the grey haired male character too, since he's the one that has leaked the most details, even the full character bust image.
I'm not going to use the traveler unless they give him new clothes, I'm bored to see him.

• Strength

Pejo

I'm not going to use the traveler unless they give him new clothes, I'm bored to see him.
Well there was a rumor a while ago that they received a ton of feedback that we want Traveler costumes, and it could be coming up for the year 2 anniversary. I don't believe it, but we'll see in a few months.

I think a nice "rank 10" statue achievement would be a locale-themed Traveler costume for the area you're at. They can even be cheap and skip on the Mondstadt one (for now - since I'm now convinced via lore that we're headed back to Mondstadt for a whole chapter and it's going to be back in time), but I'd like an Inazuma travler costume. A Knights of Favonius themed costume would actually be pretty cool now that I'm thinking about it.

zslwvwg6ey791.jpg

Fake

IMO should be a standart every traveler element doing their last hit basic attack with element in mind.

Electro not having that when even Geo have is depressing.

Fuz

Banned
su is a dude called Al Haitham now, these leakers are more lost than a colorblind man trying to solve rubik's cube.
Yeah. It's Su until we have an official name. I'm not learning a convoluted name that I'd might need to un-learn at release.

IMO should be a standart every traveler element doing their last hit basic attack with element in mind.

Electro not having that when even Geo have is depressing.
I'm not sure what you mean.

Last edited:

Pejo

He means how the last normal attack combo for Anemo/Geo had the element included, but Electro doesn't.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Prepare to be disappointed again, while still expect nothing.
And this time there won't even be a small revolt like the 1st time. The sheep have been put in line.
No we will for sure see SOMETHING for anni this time. They won't risk that again.

• Surprised

Brazen

It's in the description of Geo Traveler's normal attack talent. The 5th hit in his combo chain will deal geo damage instead of physical damage. Fake was saying he wished all Traveler's elemental forms had it where the final hit of the combo chain did the respective elemental damage.

• Surprised

Pejo

8geheaj3j3891.jpg

owkfyisq73891.jpg

fv9f5nzl93891.png

f5dof1i383891.png
Dang, Dori sounds like a pretty fun healer. And she generates free energy while she's healing.

Me with Shinobu right now...
38yapg.jpg

I love that they have Collei mimicking Amber so much, nice little lore drop for the manga readers.

Tiggy - ehh. Will wait and see.

Leaks say that Dori is a Mora obsessed scammer - finally not a hard working honest personality #23984. Short pink hair like Diona, and glasses.

Also Scaramouche is coming, he'll be a boss in 3.1 or 3.2, and then become playable with a redesign and his name gets switched to "Wanderer".

*edit*

Dang, it's looking like the Dendro Archon being a Theresa copy is being disproved and the beta/drip marketing got pushed back maybe a week.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Another one of those "bad guy/gal X willbe playable" leaks. Nah, ain't buying.
Even more so less believable when you take account he is a Shogun clone. They love to simp her.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
Seriously, what were they thinking releasing two 4 star electro healers in quick succession? Cookie looking pretty useless now. Even her niche is being taken away.

After testing her I already knew she wasn't much of deal. Cool concept, but she has the same problem as Hu Tao(instant huge HP sacrifice on skill) . The only difference is that Hu Tao heals only herself with burst, while she heals herself or others with skill.

Last edited:
Top Bottom