• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Saber

Gold Member
Dottore playable?
I dunno...the backstory I have from him in the manga clearly shows him as an evil guy, similar to Signora.

Pejo

Dottore playable?
I dunno...the backstory I have from him in the manga clearly shows him as an evil guy, similar to Signora.
That's a good thing IMO, we need more morally ambiguous or evil characters. I am really really tired of the hard working, overworked go-getter type.

It also paves the way for possible playable Signora down the road, who knows.

I would bet money that (despite my hopes) we're going to see time travel at some point in the Genshin story. I hate time travel as a plot device, so I hope they don't, but I feel like they're gonna. We're going to see what happened at Khaenri'ah eventually, one way or another.

Pejo

Man I'm fully aware that COVID issues are still ongoing in China, but this patch sucks donkey nuts. The story event with the underground thing was okay, but everything else has been the most cheaply thrown together garbage yet. I can't wait to have a new area to explore again in 2.8.

Fuz

Banned
I dun fucked up
01.jpg

02.jpg

I noted that the sword from the archipelago is already on the honey impact.

Maybe the same base sub as the flute, but the passive is great. Finally gonna change the Traveler sword.

edit: I already looking for a Catalyst on Heizou, for the F2P zone looks like Dodoco Tales will be the best option for him. Not to mention 4-set anemo artifact.
Does the secondary works with Bennet? I never understand how he works.

Pejo

I dun fucked up
01.jpg

02.jpg
This triggers me more than any post I've seen on reddit, and I've seen some real shit over there. What the hell are you doing with your weapons?
No, not for his buff. Only weapon main ATK stat, his base ATK, and talent level. No passives or artifacts contribute to the buff.

*edit*

R Reizo Ryuu you see this? Looks great actually.
She's S rank Fire QUA.

eoj1qoijvc791.gif
7to5ccvjvc791.gif
iww21v5kvc791.gif
ylzqxpikvc791.gif
j8whtwtkvc791.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fake

I dun fucked up
01.jpg

02.jpg

Is like the flute, but you get 15% ATK bonus, so I guess works.

IDK if beat that bonus over pyro affected sword people use to recommend for Bennet.

Last edited:

Pejo

is5flo962f791.png

So I guess this is our first taste of Dendro. Tighnari is the furry boi, so that's a pass. Excited for Collei, Dori who knows. Dendro traveler will probably suck.

Too bad all those characters are gonna be on furry boi's banner. What else are they gonna put on the banner in 3.0? A rerun? At the height of dendro hype? I was expecting two new 5 stars.

SSfox

is5flo962f791.png

So I guess this is our first taste of Dendro. Tighnari is the furry boi, so that's a pass. Excited for Collei, Dori who knows. Dendro traveler will probably suck.
So only one brand new character 5* in 3.0? interesting.

Guess i have to keep my pity low after Kazuho so i can try to catch a Colei and Dori, who know what she will do tho.

Last edited:

Pejo

Too bad all those characters are gonna be on furry boi's banner. What else are they gonna put on the banner in 3.0? A rerun? At the height of dendro hype? I was expecting two new 5 stars.
I'm more bummed that the early rumors of us getting a free Yaoyao don't seem to be true. So if we don't roll on the banner, is Dendro Traveler really all we get? Lame. Still lots of time for stuff to change between now and then, and this could be wrong. I was kinda expecting them to start off Sumeru with a bang, but I guess we'll see. The worst case for me is that the furry boi looks fun to play, then comes the dilemma on if I roll for him or not.

So only one brand new character 5* in 3.0? interesting.

Guess i have to keep my pity low after Kazuho so i can try to catch a Colei and Dori, who know what she will do tho.
Well if you look at the last post on the previous page, there's a whole bunch of leaks out there that could be added/changed in 3.0. Beta hasn't started for it yet, so who knows if any of this is reliable. The only thing we know for kinda sure is that Collei is in, and that grey haired dude I posted the pic of is real, since a lot of people are getting in trouble for revealing it.

*edit*

wyn8mcxm2f791.png

Ehh... might be powerful, but doesn't sound particularly fun.

2u8rrn8w2f791.jpg

Last edited:
I'm more bummed that the early rumors of us getting a free Yaoyao don't seem to be true. So if we don't roll on the banner, is Dendro Traveler really all we get? Lame. Still lots of time for stuff to change between now and then, and this could be wrong. I was kinda expecting them to start off Sumeru with a bang, but I guess we'll see. The worst case for me is that the furry boi looks fun to play, then comes the dilemma on if I roll for him or not.
Yeah, I expected a "soft opening" of sorts for dendro in Liyue and the Chasm with Yaoyao. Get people to pull for the first dendro characters from Liyue, then hype them up again for Sumeru. But it seems that ship has sailed.

Let's hope they don't waste a good kit on the furry. We dodged that bullet once already though (if you don't care about mono geo anyway).

SSfox

Well if you look at the last post on the previous page, there's a whole bunch of leaks out there that could be added/changed in 3.0. Beta hasn't started for it yet, so who knows if any of this is reliable. The only thing we know for kinda sure is that Collei is in, and that grey haired dude I posted the pic of is real, since a lot of people are getting in trouble for revealing it.

*edit*

wyn8mcxm2f791.png

Ehh... might be powerful, but doesn't sound particularly fun.

2u8rrn8w2f791.jpg
Colei and Lumine sonds tight.

Not too excited about Tigh guy tho, at least in paper.

Now wonder who are gonna be the reruns in 3.0 . I still have 3 reruns characters i want to get out the way (+ Kazuho). So i can only focus on Sumeru characters after.

Pejo

Sure as fuck he's a piano player. My pianist friend was unbeatable in Ouendan.

How the hell did he get that version, though? I don't remember any song being so difficult.
You can edit and share the charts in the event. I don't know how to do it, but I've seen them popping up all week on reddit.

• Thoughtful

Fuz

Banned
Anyone able to explain why I can't craft more enhancement stones?

Porco-Dio-EPorca-Madonna.jpg

And no, I only have 5560 currently.

Edit:

Son of a bitch.
Funny thing is that I can still craft 1 with the resin recipe.

Last edited:

Pejo

Anyone able to explain why I can't craft more enhancement stones?

Porco-Dio-EPorca-Madonna.jpg

And no, I only have 5560 currently.

Edit:

Son of a bitch.
Funny thing is that I can still craft 1 with the resin recipe.

Lol you just now ran into the daily limit? No wonder you have 10k ores. Looks like you have a new daily task for the next few months.

Fake

Only now you know about the refine stone limits?

Since the beta. To lock your progress, aka, spend money.

Last edited:
  • Surprised

deanote666

Dunno?
I just have the expedition always for ores and I go get them when I see them on the map, I never really farmed them.
WyHA0Dz.jpg
HkCPuHk.jpg
4lUI8zi.jpg
XnSUo0v.jpg
kUpYWXR.jpg

In between leveling weapons so my xp crystals and mora are recovering with the help of the bp but I'm bp level 48 so that will run out soon.

Just noticed Fuz Fuz has 35 million mora... 🔥

Last edited:

Pejo

Well Honkai has always been a little more forgiving with costumes than Genshin, but this year's swimsuit skins over there are actually pretty damn good. Maybe there's hope for a good one in Genshin someday?

2w1pvmjhzi791.jpg
eyklbljhzi791.jpg
n0690mjhzi791.jpg
6lh07ljhzi791.jpg

The special effects change is actually great too. For this one, her usual skill makes the screen turn black and she causes green lightning to come down and fill the screen. Summer version is a bright sky with a tidal wave.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
"Swimsuits"

See, it's not the censorship that makes my head boil.
It's covid.
No wait, I mean, it's how grammar is a fucking opinion for those shitheads and their followers.

Pejo

"Swimsuits"

See, it's not the censorship that makes my head boil.
It's covid.
No wait, I mean, it's how grammar is a fucking opinion for those shitheads and their followers.
I mean the first one you likely would never see at a beach (but it makes sense given the character lore), but other than the overload of accessories, the others all seem plausible. This is from an asian country, where girls actually take pride in their appearance at the beach and try to look cute, not America where they just shove their chub into a sling(unfortunately for Americans). At the very least, other than the first one, you could easily pick those outfits out as swimsuits compared to this garbage:
game_genshin_impact_summer_jean_cosplay_costume1-1.jpg

This seems to be a popular style right now:
5d08ac9a3d5c621533843391-large.jpg
BeingCuteRuffleSwimsuitSD02334frontblackpink_1200x1200.jpg

Hi guys, bit HS but it's best place to ask it, does anyone has any contant with Blackmist?
Sadly no, he disappeared so suddenly with his permaban. You could try going to other Genshin forums and look for the guy saying Cocogoat and GEO Lord as the answer to every question.

Fuz

Banned
I mean the first one you likely would never see at a beach (but it makes sense given the character lore), but other than the overload of accessories, the others all seem plausible. This is from an asian country, where girls actually take pride in their appearance at the beach and try to look cute, not America where they just shove their chub into a sling(unfortunately for Americans). At the very least, other than the first one, you could easily pick those outfits out as swimsuits compared to this garbage:
game_genshin_impact_summer_jean_cosplay_costume1-1.jpg

This seems to be a popular style right now:
5d08ac9a3d5c621533843391-large.jpg
BeingCuteRuffleSwimsuitSD02334frontblackpink_1200x1200.jpg

Sadly no, he disappeared so suddenly with his permaban. You could try going to other Genshin forums and look for the guy saying Cocogoat and GEO Lord as the answer to every question.
I mean, I know. I've been in a korean acquapark and those weirdos were all dressed with a t-shirt INSIDE the pools.
But that doesn't make them "swimsuit". It's purely a grammar and thought-control thing for me.

Dregnel

Well Honkai has always been a little more forgiving with costumes than Genshin, but this year's swimsuit skins over there are actually pretty damn good. Maybe there's hope for a good one in Genshin someday?

2w1pvmjhzi791.jpg
eyklbljhzi791.jpg
n0690mjhzi791.jpg
6lh07ljhzi791.jpg

The special effects change is actually great too. For this one, her usual skill makes the screen turn black and she causes green lightning to come down and fill the screen. Summer version is a bright sky with a tidal wave.

they look good but i stopped playing honkai impact because elysian realm, everything about that shit mode,I got tired of doing those levels over and over again.
imagine that they put the story of genshin impact in the abyss and force you to pass certain levels over and over again to unlock a story sequence, what a terrible thing they have done to this game.

Now we wait for the burkas in genshin.

Pejo

they look good but i stopped playing honkai impact because elysian realm, everything about that shit mode,I got tired of doing those levels over and over again.
imagine that they put the story of genshin impact in the abyss and force you to pass certain levels over and over again to unlock a story sequence, what a terrible thing they have done to this game.

Now we wait for the burkas in genshin.
ER Significantly died off, at least as a main storytelling device. The new story chapter, while still in the realm, was set up in normal story chapter format and doesn't require any ER mode to progress. Now you just run it for gems and ER currency if you want to. But I agree, that was the worst, forcing you to play it 20x per week.

So apparently this is the new leaker format. Just when you though twitter screencaps were bad:

TU5IgEy.jpg

Fuz

Banned
Well at least you can be happy that you're not in a CN COVID detention center.

Rest up and get well!
As I said to my doctor 10 minutes ago: I'm happy that I have an excuse to stay home and play videogames, watch tv shows and movies. This is amazing.

Pejo

God damn i hate fighting the mecha snake boss for Shinobu's materials. It ducks under the ground every like 5-6 seconds, hit targets seem to lock on to just below his head or just above his tail, so using Yoimiya or Eula is a shitshow to try to hit them given the small damage windows.

At least Shogun's burst seems to do a pretty good job of finishing him off at around 50% HP, when you cancel his black goo succ move.

I really wish they'd get away from bosses having forced invulnerability phases. It's fine while learning the fight until you master it, but once you're just grinding it out 50 times, there shouldn't be arbitrary time wasters involved.

*edit*

Whew - I tempted fate and started doing a few single pulls at 70 pity... 6th one, purple, fucking Shinobu C2. Hellll yeeaaaa. Successfully dodged the pity and got what I wanted. I'll stop there until a better banner, where I'd like to get her to C4.

Last edited:

Fake

God damn i hate fighting the mecha snake boss for Shinobu's materials. It ducks under the ground every like 5-6 seconds, hit targets seem to lock on to just below his head or just above his tail, so using Yoimiya or Eula is a shitshow to try to hit them given the small damage windows.

At least Shogun's burst seems to do a pretty good job of finishing him off at around 50% HP, when you cancel his black goo succ move.

I really wish they'd get away from bosses having forced invulnerability phases. It's fine while learning the fight until you master it, but once you're just grinding it out 50 times, there shouldn't be arbitrary time wasters involved.

I did this for Yelan. Is fucking sucks. Forced to use that light mechanic.

The bad news is I gonna need to fight again for Heizou.

I hate the floating wolf too. It gets a shield and then you must attack its heads with geo. Get outta here with that. The self-assembling Lego set probably did it the best. It's invulnerable for a while, but at least you're still fighting dudes and not just waiting around forever (though it does take a bit too long).

Fake

I forgot to mention, I just find those poison wolves... in Mondstad? Is this joke?

Those thinks are not easy foes for new players.

I forgot to mention, I just find those poison wolves... in Mondstad? Is this joke?

Where did you find them? Was it part of a quest or event or something? Supposedly there's evil wolves in the forest where Razor lives.

Pejo

Yea they added these after the wolflord patch in Mondstadt. Supposedly they're the wolves that have been killing Razor's wolfpack family.

Top Bottom