• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

The best part was "we get it already" - "DO YOU?"

Now why don't we enjoy a nice serving of pasta together?
S1wRJSy.png

Pejo

So I was wasting time in the game until I got a few resin regenerated to do a domain, and I poked around the various areas where the Celestia Nails hit. Something I hadn't paid attention to previously was that the "activated" nail in the chasm has the exact same floating constellation effect that Paimon has when you pause/unpause the game. Also the cubes from Asmoday, but a pure blue color instead of her red/black one. So just in case there was ever any doubt that Paimon was from Celestia, I think that can be cast aside now.

Also the likely candidate of the Celestia Nail in Inazuma is Serai Island. It exhibits the same patterns as Dragonspine and the Chasm, and even has a similar swirling cloud effect as at the top of Dragonspine. I remembered unlocking an area directly under the vortex, so I poked around in there for a while and I think this is going to be another floating nail way above the Thunder Manifestation boss. It's interesting that the center of the vortex (likely where the nail is) shows that it was purposedly aimed in that exact spot to strike lightning down through those patterned plates below it deep underground. I wonder if that was a process for destroying a seal of some sort, or if there was at one time something that they were looking for down there. Or maybe it was done to kill the thunder bird and that's all just collateral damage.

Either way, I'm kinda excited now to see how the Seirai plays out when we get the "nail" area for it. I don't see how they're going to do another whole zone for it though unless we get another underground instanced area like the Chasm. Maybe a whole floating disconnected island instanced area up in the swirling clouds? That would actually be kinda badass.

Last edited:

Pejo

I had to look up who that even is. That's why I don't talk about lore. I'm not equipped for it.
Well to be fair, he's only been talked about in character stories and a little bit in like Jean and Razor's stuff. I'm just huffing that copium that he's going to be the first of the buff body male and be an old grizzled dude with a beard and a prosthetic arm/claw thing.

In reality he'll probably be a twink with short shorts.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

SSfox

I can't connect to the game since this today, anyone have same issue?

EDIT: NVM, it was my internet being weird.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

So guys I've comeback to the game after a 2 month hiatus and I'm currently chasing Yelan, since I lack solid water characters.

What's the best team comp for her?

So guys I've comeback to the game after a 2 month hiatus and I'm currently chasing Yelan, since I lack solid water characters.

What's the best team comp for her?
She's super flexible and can fit in any team that requires hydro application. She pairs well pyro characters like Hu Tao or electro characters like Shogun.

Nankatsu

She's super flexible and can fit in any team that requires hydro application. She pairs well pyro characters like Hu Tao or electro characters like Shogun.

So some thing like Shogun, Kazuha, Yelan and Bennet?

Any reasonable team where she can pair with Zhongli or Itto? I'm a simp for those two ahah.

So some thing like Shogun, Kazuha, Yelan and Bennet?

Any reasonable team where she can pair with Zhongli or Itto? I'm a simp for those two ahah.
From my understanding Itto doesn't care much for elemental reactions, and since that's Yelan's forte that combo doesn't sound great to me. She can work fine with Zhongli as long as there's some kind of electro or pyro character in the team that she can react with. Your proposed team would be fine. You can substitute Bennet or Kazuha with Zhongli if you like.

Saber

Gold Member
I want to see him be a dude like this (of course with his metal arm and a longcoat or something 'Knights of Favonius'-y)

iu

Just imagine him fighting like this new Anemo character, but instead with an another element. Could be awesome.

Also for some reason I pictured him doing groung smashing and earth shaking moves like Godfrey from Elden Ring.

Last edited:
Well, it is about time they make a new guy model. There's only two. The girls got three. But seeing how they didn't for Itto... I'm not expecting much.

Pejo

Is she like those fatui mages?
She was a child experiment under Doctore, one of the harbingers, so kinda.

Just imagine him fighting like this new Anemo character, but instead with an another element. Could be awesome.

Also for some reason I pictured him doing groung smashing and earth shaking moves like Godfrey from Elden Ring.
Yea, I could see him as a fist character or a claymore. something with a lot of smashes and some good hit stun on his attacks. He also has that prosthetic arm, so that could be a cool new battle mechanic, like a grappling hook or something to pull enemies in or pull yourself towards big enemies (they already do this in Honkai btw).
Well, it is about time they make a new guy model. There's only two. The girls got three. But seeing how they didn't for Itto... I'm not expecting much.
The only reason I hold out hope is that if Varka is playable, lore wise he's much older than the other playable characters so far, as the previous Grand Master of the Knights of Favonius, and friends with Barbara/Jean's dad. So either we get smooth faced anime man with grey hair and pretend he's "old" or they give us a new model of some sort. I think the body size for Smiley Yanxiao at the Inn is a perfect base to start with for the 3rd male character model.

qF0zgyY.png

Fix the hands, give everything a higher level of detail that all of the playable characters get, and add a beard, maybe some scars. It's a nice middle ground between the current adult male bean pole characters and the fatui "built like a linebacker" model.

Pejo

Thats a lore I want to hear.
You should read the manga, it's a nice little prequel from before the traveler shows up. I wish they'd include a link to it from inside the game or release new chapters though. Everything on here has been out since the launch of the game.

I think the body size for Smiley Yanxiao at the Inn is a perfect base to start with for the 3rd male character model.
Definitely. The smiths and top guy of the Adventurer's Guild in Mondstadt have a similar build. I think there's a demand for that kind of character to be playable.

By the way I happened to get two catalysts and one bow billet today from the weekly bosses. What are the odds? Hopefully there's some good craftable weapons coming up in Sumeru.

crumbs

I wish the devs would introduce something like the Dust of Azoth or Dream Solvent, but for billets. I have no luck getting bow billets to drop from the weekly bosses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned
The new event is hard as fuck but at the same time very forgiving. Got all prizes on first try on pro, but I fucked up big time. I don't see myself ever getting a perfect.

Pejo

The new event is hard as fuck but at the same time very forgiving. Got all prizes on first try on pro, but I fucked up big time. I don't see myself ever getting a perfect.
Just got some time to try this out. I think it's only hard because of the button prompts, but I agree it's hectic. This would have been way easier if we just had left/right/square/circle as the 4 available buttons, even with harder charts. Pressing down on the dpad just feels unnatural for the spot on the screen they have those notes. Also since the notes originate from the center of the screen, it's hard at a glance to tell which "column" they fall into. Then again, I was never good at DDR or any of those games. Muse Dash is probably my sweet spot and it's super simple input.

Also, found some more cosplay for you,

Top Bottom