• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Pejo

Well the official 2.8 beta clients are out now, so expect to see a lot of leaks between tonight and tomorrow morning. Here's the first new one:

TMeXOQRuL7xteNo49NQWGNPm4R3Twg16YQw7V6iS0og.jpg

So I guess it's not the archipelago after all.

Asher17

Neo Member
Well the official 2.8 beta clients are out now, so expect to see a lot of leaks between tonight and tomorrow morning. Here's the first new one:

TMeXOQRuL7xteNo49NQWGNPm4R3Twg16YQw7V6iS0og.jpg

So I guess it's not the archipelago after all.
Dream Island? Maybe they're going after Link's Awakening now? 🤔

Pejo

Dream Island? Maybe they're going after Link's Awakening now? 🤔
I would legitimately love a 2D Genshin Link's Awakening ripoff for an event. It's funny because Honkai actually does something similar to that. Every character has a chibi, and they use the chibis for events to do non-standard gameplay stuff like board games/twin stick shooters/platforming/etc. It'd be a bit high effort for something temporary for Genshin though, and I doubt most casuals would even care.

SSfox

Looks fun. Anemo + Male just can't miss for some reason.
Holy fuck i wasn't too pump at first but seeing this i like him already, Hwoarang made it to Genshoun!!

Hopefully he will be on Kazuho banner

Last edited:

Fake

So I guess I'm a minority in this thread when it comes to clearing Abyss? I think it's a lot of fun honestly, I wish they would give us more of this stuff to play around with.

eWTazqW.png

I beat one time and never more.

I also find the challenge boring. They just change the buff. The enemies and the traps are the same and feel repetitive.

Saber

Gold Member

Looks fun. Anemo + Male just can't miss for some reason.

Pretty damn interesting for a catalyst. Maybe his burst is him jumping high and then smashing the ground? Interesting concept.

Heizou's moveset is cool and really unique. Even if we don't get new weapons, they're at least introducing new types of characters in this fashion. I'm not convinced of his usefulness though. People use anemo characters for elemental shred and crowd control. Doesn't look like he provides those, though we haven't seen his burst yet. If he's a dedicated anemo booster like Gorou or Shenhe, only Xiao would benefit from that. Maybe he's an on-field DPS? Could be interesting, but he'd see very limited use in that case.

Dregnel

It seems that it is basically confirmed that dendro will not have elemental reactions with anemo, his ability specifies that it works with certain elements.

Fuz

Banned
Heizou's moveset is cool and really unique. Even if we don't get new weapons, they're at least introducing new types of characters in this fashion. I'm not convinced of his usefulness though. People use anemo characters for elemental shred and crowd control. Doesn't look like he provides those, though we haven't seen his burst yet. If he's a dedicated anemo booster like Gorou or Shenhe, only Xiao would benefit from that. Maybe he's an on-field DPS? Could be interesting, but he'd see very limited use in that case.
If he isn't an on field dps with that kit it's gonna be a letdown.

Man, I have too many anemo I don't want to replace, but a full anemo team sucks. >_<

If he isn't an on field dps with that kit it's gonna be a letdown.
But he's a 4 star. There's a reason no one uses 4 star DPS characters. They're easily eclipsed by any C0 5 star, so why bother using them? I appreciate that they provide options, and they probably should keep making 4 star DPS characters but... realistically they're hardly used. Anemo is in an even rougher spot because there's hardly any supports for them.

I can see why people are excited for him but I don't think he's worth investing in for most players.

• Empathy
Reactions: Fuz

Dregnel

Thats a shame. Another geo case.

I still hate him. I mean, the design.
i hate him for being anemo and I thought before that he was 5 star, I don't push for 4 stars because I break my pity and they are also usually very bad with the exception of some who also need to be 6 constellations which is usually more difficult to get it than a 5 star.
I remember when I did 63 pulls and I didn't get a single yanfei.

Last edited:

Fake

i hate him for being anemo and I thought before that he was 5 star, I don't push for 4 stars because I break my pity and they are also usually very bad with the exception of some who also need to be 6 constellations which is usually more difficult to get it than a 5 star.
I remember when I did 63 pulls and I didn't get a single yanfei.

To be honest Anemo was my reason to not totally ignore him. Design is mega boring. His kit is pretty good, but don't make much sense a long range caster do a melee combo I guess?

Anemo is super fun to play, have a powerful artifact combo and besides geoshit make a decent reaction.

I still gonna 'try' to pick up Yelan no doubt, but wanna bet I gonna get him instead?

Pejo

1GYo6Tu3SuPRLvK1Z4NHoaYgqKUqKWC918IpTZ2mXZg.jpg

So I guess the islands are the archipelago after all?

*edit*

v6wz0q0urzz81.jpg

*edit*

We DOA XTREME Beach Volleyball up in here

4xrknli811091.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I swear if they don't give us a Diluc banner for the event, I'm gonna go to lyiue china and razor wire mihoyo's hall stairs.

crumbs

Hmm, I already have Fischl at C6, so it kinda sucks that she's the reward versus a good weapon like last year.

If these are the same islands, I hope they add some new areas. As much as I liked last summer's event, there really wasn't a lot of explorable areas in the archipelago.

Pejo

I swear if they don't give us a Diluc banner for the event, I'm gonna go to lyiue china and razor wire mihoyo's hall stairs.
It was apparently leaked that his costume finally has special effects when he uses his skill/burst, which is the first time for Genshin. It could be as simple as his flame being blue instead of red or something, but at least it's something. The low effort skins we got so far haven't really impressed me.

Hmm, I already have Fischl at C6, so it kinda sucks that she's the reward versus a good weapon like last year.

If these are the same islands, I hope they add some new areas. As much as I liked last summer's event, there really wasn't a lot of explorable areas in the archipelago.
We also get a 4* sword from the event, it looks great on Kaz.
gtpr41wv90091.jpg
rzmwtm5kczz81.jpg

*edit*

NOOOOOO those FUCKS still split Shinobu out to a separate banner despite the delay. FUCK them. Yelan's 4*s are awful. Everyone has Barbie and Noelle at C6 by now, Yanfei is :messenger_sleeping:

n857hfwy4zz81.jpg

Last edited:

crumbs

It was apparently leaked that his costume finally has special effects when he uses his skill/burst, which is the first time for Genshin. It could be as simple as his flame being blue instead of red or something, but at least it's something. The low effort skins we got so far haven't really impressed me.
I'm not into paying for skins, but this could be interesting if executed well.

gtpr41wv90091.jpg
rzmwtm5kczz81.jpg
OK, now I'm actually excited if this sword is a reward. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

*edit*

NOOOOOO those FUCKS still split Shinobu out to a separate banner despite the delay. FUCK them. Yelan's 4*s are awful. Everyone has Barbie and Noelle at C6 by now, Yanfei is :messenger_sleeping:

n857hfwy4zz81.jpg

I'm starting to come to terms with getting stuck with sh*t compensation when getting constellations for C6 characters, but it still sucks knowing that there are 4 star weapons that I haven't pulled yet. Also, confirming your point, I have Barb at C6 and Noelle at something like C10.

• Surprised

Fake

gtpr41wv90091.jpg
rzmwtm5kczz81.jpg

*edit*

n857hfwy4zz81.jpg

Good 4*star weapon. I wish to got a decent 5* sword for the traveler, but this sword looks good anw.

Very hard to try Yelan banner. Looks really bad imo.

Pejo

Good 4*star weapon. I wish to got a decent 5* sword for the traveler, but this sword looks good anw.

Very hard to try Yelan banner. Looks really bad imo.
With the delay, they should really throw us a bone and merge the banners. I was so excited to hear when they were possibly only doing one banner duration for 2.7 due to the delay. What a bummer. The other downside is that Shinobu's 5* is almost guaranteed to be Itto, who I do not want to accidentally pull.

Pejo

Heizou was slated to be the shortest male character, but it looks like they reconsidered and let Xiao keep his "king of the manlets" title.

L0Xhna7.jpeg

Probably more to do with needing longer limbs to make his kick/punches look better.

*edit*

Oh this is nice, they're going to have data packs you can install/uninstall. I don't think this will be enough to totally combat the ever expanding size of the game, but every bit helps, especially for mobile/ps5 players.

6nk5ldd3t2091.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm assuming the main event is tied to the islands?
Yea, it seems to be the archipelago, but re-arranged. Makes sense with the mechanic things that raise/lower the islands. I guess Alice added a thing or two to them.

z6jhjxqas1091.png

4628h86ds1091.png

Also, the first Sumeru character is being added. Unsure presently if playable at her introduction, or just a "preview" of a future character. Name is Nahida (Hydro Catalyst I think).

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Seems a good sword for Bennet, anyway.

Gonna skip Yelan altogether because of her 4★, and gonna skip Shinobu too because I don't need the first constellation for Itto. When the fuck am I gonna pull again?

Fuz

Banned
Hey, uh, did they stealth give us 10 blue fates? I went to the pull menu to check how many primogems I had, and I also had 13 blue fates, out of nowhere (got a Kaeya constellation).

Pejo

Gonna skip Yelan altogether because of her 4★, and gonna skip Shinobu too because I don't need the first constellation for Itto. When the fuck am I gonna pull again?
Benny only gets his buff stats from his base ATK + the flat attack on the weapon. ATK %s, other passive buffs, and artifacts do not affect it.

We both know you're rolling for wispy punchboi

crumbs

Hey, uh, did they stealth give us 10 blue fates? I went to the pull menu to check how many primogems I had, and I also had 13 blue fates, out of nowhere (got a Kaeya constellation).
I don't think they'll ever give us stealth anything. Maybe the blue fates were from the last battle pass and refining the lumenstone from the Chasm?

Fuz

Banned
edit: mmmm let me check if I'm dumb.
Edit2: yes. I think I forgot to pull after buying the 5 montlhy starcrap fates, althought I was sure I had less than 5 before buying

Last edited:

crumbs

edit: mmmm let me check if I'm dumb.
The only reasonable explanation is that BlackM1st ascended from NeoGaf purgatory and was able to gift you 10 blue fates so that you could pull Diluc on the standard banner. Alas, his sins were too heavy and you got Diluc's adopted bro instead.

Edit: I like my explanation better.

Last edited:

Fake

Seems good for Traveler as well?

IDK, looks a very good overall sword. Even Xingu can use if you like to play him with basic attacks, maybe inferior than others for him, but maybe the third best sword for Xingu besides the sacrificial and the dragonspine.

The effect is too good to be true, but lets not forget a reason for old players to revisit the archipelago.

deanote666

I play Honkai so I get my fill of weekly endgame content meta grind from there, Genshin is more my "just chill and explore" game to unwind. Cool to see Mona getting some play there though, haven't seen her used much.

Skyward Pride is a fun weapon. I used it on my Eula until I got her signature weapon. I usually heavily favor ER weapons though, I just like pressing buttons more often and my artifacts are usually ass, so it makes up for those.

So I'm not sure what changed recently, but apparently I can't play on my PS5 for longer than 20-30 mins anymore, Genshin included. The input gets all fucked up on my TV and throws it into a reboot loop. It's only my PS5 that does this too, not my PC or Switch, both hooked up to the same TV.

I don't mind playing Genshin on my PC, but I kinda got used to those load times being short. Maybe it's time I upgrade my gaming drive to a faster SSD.
Switch hdmi cable or tv port.

Saber

Gold Member
Yea, it seems to be the archipelago, but re-arranged. Makes sense with the mechanic things that raise/lower the islands. I guess Alice added a thing or two to them.

z6jhjxqas1091.png

4628h86ds1091.png

Also, the first Sumeru character is being added. Unsure presently if playable at her introduction, or just a "preview" of a future character. Name is Nahida (Hydro Catalyst I think).

Got not problem with Archipelago. Had a good amount of fun exploring, something that I miss nowadays with recent contents.

deanote666

But he's a 4 star. There's a reason no one uses 4 star DPS characters. They're easily eclipsed by any C0 5 star, so why bother using them? I appreciate that they provide options, and they probably should keep making 4 star DPS characters but...

My Fischl would like a word with you.

Fake

Sometimes even a 4*star with full Cons can't barelly touch a 5*star without Cons.

Klee is a monster, but at least Lisa have boobs.

• Praise the Sun
Top Bottom