• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
either trickery or fuckup on MHYs part
Choose Which One GIF by Ansheles

BlackM1st

Banned
No one actually ships them together so some people are upset in the QRT's. Just a drawing people...
Picture doesn't make any sense man, it's a damn farce lol

Maybe it's a moment in life inside the 🫖 tho 🤔 still pretty random art to post for official account.

And again they totally ignored the milestone and just posted a random image without any in-game bonuses lol

YukiOnna

Picture doesn't make any sense man, it's a damn farce lol

Maybe it's a moment in life inside the 🫖 tho 🤔 still pretty random art to post for official account.

And again they totally ignored the milestone and just posted a random image without any in-game bonuses lol
For me I don't really care if it makes sense or not, it's just a commissioned art for their personal milestone after all. Be it the banner characters together or w/e people want to assume about Watatsumi and Inazuma relations or the teapot. But it's become a common thing to do from some games to post new art when they hit a milestone. We won't get any rewards from the JP and EN branches anyway so its just one more nice image saved for my folder.

It was either her or WAHTAHBOI.
Well, at least they're making one good decision then.

Speaking of waterboy, I'm gonna be pissed if there's another Childe re-run as rumored. Why the heck would they give him a second re-run when so many other, way more popular characters who still require their first? That'd be a huge kick in the balls.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Well, at least they're making one good decision then.

Speaking of waterboy, I'm gonna be pissed if there's another Childe re-run as rumored. Why the heck would they give him a second re-run when so many other, way more popular characters who still require their first? That'd be a huge kick in the balls.
You don't understand they took the time to make this character and so he needs to make them more money. When all they really need to do is announce a La Signora Banner. Fun fact Signora character files way back listed her as a "Monster" file while player characters are always listed as "Avatar" and Scaramouche the person no one likes is also listed as an Avatar.

I think we are getting screwed big time.

Fuz

Banned
Why the heck would they give him a second re-run when so many other, way more popular characters who still require their first? That'd be a huge kick in the balls.
So they can blame the low sales on banners, instead on their handling of the anniversary.

It's for the investors.

Fuz

Banned
Also, the string of reruns will make time for people to forget about the anniversary and start spending again.

They knew there would have been backlash for the anniversary, and they planned those banners as sacrifices.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Been browsing twitter(first time I've logged in, in several years lol) and I'm seeing that the 15k primos is part of MHY's Content Creator Program where based on what a creator does they are given a certain amount of Primogems based on what they do to contribute to building up the Genshin community mainly by attracting new players and that stuff like the 15k primos is something that is done MONTHLY. And apparently it's been that way since launch. Which makes everything a whole lot worse to me.

And you know if they just gave every player 1600 gems for a free 10 pulls and a 5* of their choice it wouldn't be so damn bad.

Geez Louise.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Been browsing twitter(first time I've logged in, in several years lol) and I'm seeing that the 15k primos is part of MHY's Content Creator Program where based on what a creator does they are given a certain amount of Primogems based on what they do to contribute to building up the Genshin community mainly by attracting new players and that stuff like the 15k primos is something that is done MONTHLY. And apparently it's been that way since launch. Which makes everything a whole lot worse to me.

And you know if they just gave every player 1600 gems for a free 10 pulls and a 5* of their choice it wouldn't be so damn bad.

Geez Louise.

I mean... they gave you 1 Billion of primogems already!

3dfbb-16143478997526-800.jpg

Dr Evil GIF by Product Hunt

Fuz

Banned

Geez Louise.
Yeah, I've read that too.

I'm wondering...
does those "content creators" report their videos as paid advertising? Since they're receiving compensation they should put a disclaimer.
Anyone follow people like Tectone and such?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Yeah, I've read that too.

I'm wondering...
does those "content creators" report their videos as paid advertising? Since they're receiving compensation they should put a disclaimer.
Anyone follow people like Tectone and such?
I dunno. He is mysteriously taking a break a few days before the anniversary drop. But I believe they do a whole lot of Twitch monetization with all their broadcasting and generate so much revenue that it doesn't matter how much they spend and that 15k primos is basically nothing to them. Someone in that twitter convo claims that Tectone alone spends 30k annually of his own money on gacha games or whatever.

I think he knew the backlash was coming.

And FTR I don't really like Tectone. At this point anyone on their CC program I have to consider suspicious.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man you'd think that people's anniversary rage would be dying down a bit. The review bombers are going after seemingly any chinese developed gacha now and 1 star bombing them. Arknights, Punishing Gray Raven, etc all getting 1* bombed.

What a shitshow MHY have created just by ignoring the fuck out of the playerbase. It's actually kinda amazing to sit back and watch.
o601rc8v6fq71.jpg

1l5e44775fq71.jpg

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Generally if you are a Twitch streamer and have a big following along with accepting "donations" you are monetized. And if the same streamer or anyone really is on Youtube and a video is 10 minutes or longer it is also monetized. All without any obvious disclaimer. It's not honest up front. How Youtubers and Twitch users make money is a very interesting read.

YukiOnna

Man you'd think that people's anniversary rage would be dying down a bit. The review bombers are going after seemingly any chinese developed gacha now and 1 star bombing them. Arknights, Punishing Gray Raven, etc all getting 1* bombed.

What a shitshow MHY have created just by ignoring the fuck out of the playerbase. It's actually kinda amazing to sit back and watch.
o601rc8v6fq71.jpg

1l5e44775fq71.jpg
Highly likely its just trolls taking advantage of the situation, but it's still funny nonetheless. Google is going to remove that, but it spread like wild fire.

Geez Louise.
They could make it the greatest anniversary:
image0.jpg

Pejo

Hey Reizo Ryuu Reizo Ryuu
I got myself into Redlotus in Superstring last week on a fluke, and i have been unable to clear the first stage for the last 2 resets, but I keep getting "rank maintained" since it seems that everyone else in my bracket is in the same boat. I think I'm forever stuck in this hell. What a shitty a sudden spike in difficulty.

YukiOnna

Are you kidding me I didn't know this...

Pejo

Which part didn't you know?

I've never seen those stats before either, but it basically confirms what we already saw in the game. We all get showered with artifacts with crappy stats. Kinda insane that the EM headpiece is the rarest of all though.

Aranea

I suppose the horrible PR let them to do this. It's a shame that in order for Mihoyo to actually give a crap is by community being all against them for being a shitty company.

l3xn7alwvgq71.png

YukiOnna

I suppose the horrible PR let them to do this. It's a shame that in order for Mihoyo to actually give a crap is by community being all against them for being a shitty company.

l3xn7alwvgq71.png
They gave away the Concert Bundle they were going to charge for, right?

Pejo

They gave away the Concert Bundle they were going to charge for, right?
That's what leakers had said at least, that this set of wings was going to come if you bought e-tickets to the e-concert or something. I can't remember too much about it.

Man, in English, our VAs are like "stop being mean to me! Listen to my pre-baked lines and ridiculous laughing at everything and just consume it like the cattle you are!"

In JP, meanwhile,

cr81twzkvfq71.jpg

The RNG distribution on the stats. I actually thought it was all equal and I was just getting screwed.
Maybe sometimes its better not knowing. You can't do a damn thing to change it anyways. Plus we all know that the REAL breakdown is 95% flat DEF, 3% DEF%, and 2% the rest, as far as substats.

LOLCats

Banned
They lock wishes and materials behind paywall. It's basically their $20 subscription service. Like a MMO.
No there's the $10 battle pass which gets you everything except for like three fragile resin and name cards which are not worth extra $10 imo, it does come with the 10 bonus levels. But for me i always finish the BP 2 weeks before it ends.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

That's what leakers had said at least, that this set of wings was going to come if you bought e-tickets to the e-concert or something. I can't remember too much about it.

Man, in English, our VAs are like "stop being mean to me! Listen to my pre-baked lines and ridiculous laughing at everything and just consume it like the cattle you are!"

In JP, meanwhile,

cr81twzkvfq71.jpg

Maybe sometimes its better not knowing. You can't do a damn thing to change it anyways. Plus we all know that the REAL breakdown is 95% flat DEF, 3% DEF%, and 2% the rest, as far as substats.
That is indeed the $30 bundle for the concert you could buy. You should watch Zhongli's he gives some great feedback people have been saying for a while since he's a veteran player.

Ugh... I feel drained knowing but yeah DEF is near 100%.

Top Bottom