• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
pjWmPax.jpg
Test Face GIF

Last edited:

Pejo

Lol. So all the balance and kit issues right now with various characters in the game, and what did MHY spend their time on? A stealth nerf to Lisa for fucks sake. Her tap elemental skill used to give a particle on hit, and now it doesn't.

Thank god they fixed all those Lisa mains exploiting this amazing bug. That ought to take her down a tier in the tier list.

BlackM1st

Banned
Lol. So all the balance and kit issues right now with various characters in the game, and what did MHY spend their time on? A stealth nerf to Lisa for fucks sake. Her tap elemental skill used to give a particle on hit, and now it doesn't.

Thank god they fixed all those Lisa mains exploiting this amazing bug. That ought to take her down a tier in the tier list.
That's hilarious and sad lol

Fake

I really can't take that serious. Lisa is one of the worst chars in the game and I use her a lot. The priority this game is getting to balance is getting out of control.

I really can't take that serious. Lisa is one of the worst chars in the game and I use her a lot. The priority this game is getting to balance is getting out of control.
It's also a character hardly anyone uses and who has been in the game for a full year. Strange to focus on her all of a sudden. Hopefully it's just one part of a bigger balancing update.

YukiOnna

Thank god they didn't remove her climbing voicelines tho

Saber

Gold Member
This is just stupid imo. Why not do it without this kind of thing?

Might be, but its not like Miyoho didn't act as some stupify kid that couldn't deal with leakers so shots fires at all directions.
Makes no difference whatsoever. Its not like Mi suddenly gets their respect back with all these questionable choices, ranging from weirds nerfs and attacking harmless sites.

Pejo

So for comparison's sake, here's the CN current anniversary for Honkai, for those interested.

In Genshin equivalent resources (where possible), here's what it is.

• 25 limited wishes
  • 800ish primogems + slightly higher than usual patch rewards primogems. Honkai is actually a little more stingy with their currency if you can believe it.
  • Build a banner for select weapons
  • Select from a pool of 3 free 5* rank characters, or the equivalent of 1-2 constellations
  • Free highly requested previously unplayable 4* character (let's say Signora) and a high synergy 4* weapon for them for doing story quest
  • Spending event where wishes and primos spent go towards a pool that you can select stuff from, not really a genshin equivalent other than a 5* character.
  • Also from spending wishes/resources a high quality outfit with effects.
  • 5* character outfit free from event - mediocre quality. Think of it like a waiter Zhongli costume or something. CN fan favorite character but boring costume
  • Bunch of materials like ore/xp writs. A little more valuable than that, but Genshin doesn't currently have an equivalent.

So essentially, it's not as big a deal as the community was led to believe. A lot of nice freebies, but a usual patch has roughly the same rewards spread over time. The free S rank valkyries and shards are better than average rewards, but the free ones are all from older outdated and powercrept characters. The build-a-banner is interesting, and as far as I know has never been done before.

Still, better than 10 wishes and some fowl that have been announced for Genshin so far.

Saber

Gold Member
So for comparison's sake, here's the CN current anniversary for Honkai, for those interested.

• 25 limited wishes
  • 800ish primogems + slightly higher than usual patch rewards primogems. Honkai is actually a little more stingy with their currency if you can believe it.
  • Select from a pool of 3 free 5* rank characters, or the equivalent of 1-2 constellations
  • Free highly requested previously unplayable 4* character (let's say Signora) and a high synergy 4* weapon for them for doing story quest
  • Spending event where wishes and primos spent go towards a pool that you can select stuff from, not really a genshin equivalent other than a 5* character.
  • 5* character outfit free from event - mediocre quality. Think of it like a waiter Zhongli costume or something. CN fan favorite character but boring costume
  • Bunch of materials like ore/xp writs. A little more valuable than that, but Genshin doesn't currently have an equivalent.

So essentially, it's not as big a deal as the community was led to believe. A lot of nice freebies, but a usual patch has roughly the same rewards spread over time. The free S rank valkyries and shards are better than average rewards, but the free ones are all from older outdated and powercrept characters. The build-a-banner is interesting, and as far as I know has never been done before.

Still, better than 10 wishes and some fowl that have been announced for Genshin so far.

I say the money is making them ahead of themselves(specially after Baal earnings). Losing players maybe will make them reconsider.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

• 25 limited wishes

Yeah, GI done goofed 🤪 again.

Same with skins.

Same with collabs. Horizon collab is a total joke. Nobody gives a F about it.

Boggles my mind tbh, why MiHo is treating GI so bad regarding this stuff.

YukiOnna

• 25 limited wishes

Still, better than 10 wishes and some fowl that have been announced for Genshin so far

Wonder if we'll get anything similar to some degree on the Anniversary stream or not...

Pejo

Wonder if we'll get anything similar to some degree on the Anniversary stream or not...
Hope so, I still think the most crowd pleasing thing they could offer is a universal 5* constellation item. I doubt that even mega whales have all 5* characters at C6. That'd be an amazing 1-2 times per year gift that wouldn't kill their bottom line or hurt their banners that would make everyone happy in some way or another.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
So essentially, it's not as big a deal as the community was led to believe. A lot of nice freebies, but a usual patch has roughly the same rewards spread over time. The free S rank valkyries and shards are better than average rewards, but the free ones are all from older outdated and powercrept characters.
Dunno about that, rosemary is awesome, can't imagine my lightning team without her; got her pri-arm and she definitely doesn't disappoint.
VK and AK are not that great yeah.
Mostly interested in that collapse eye though, having access to instant qua collapse should be a game changer.

Pejo

Dunno about that, rosemary is awesome, can't imagine my lightning team without her; got her pri-arm and she definitely doesn't disappoint.
VK and AK are not that great yeah.
Mostly interested in that collapse eye though, having access to instant qua collapse should be a game changer.
True, Rosemary is great. I guess since she was "free" I was undervaluing her. She's even a top Lightning DPS on her own.

I am a little salty though, her Ult is the only thing in the game that fucks up my TV. It just shuts off when I use it, so I have to ignore that part of her kit if I'm not playing on my phone. Shit sucks.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
I am a little salty though, her Ult is the only thing in the game that fucks up my TV. It just shuts off when I use it
That's really odd...have you tried reinstalling? I don't think anything should be able to do that, unless it's somehow forcing a different refreshrate or colour space when doing that attack, which is even weirder. :lollipop_confused:

YukiOnna

Raiden's current performance in CN from reddit.
  1. Venti: $30.11 million
  2. Raiden(Current): $28.46 million
  3. Klee: $22.28 million
  4. Ganyu: $16.38 million
  5. Zhongli: $16.26 million
  6. Venti (Rerun): $16.04 million
  7. Ayaka: $ 15.77 million
  8. Tartaglia: $13.44 million($13,443,619)
  9. Hu Tao: $13.44 million ($13,443,462)
  10. Eula: 13.15 million
  11. Xiao: $12.57 million
  12. Albedo: $11.10 million
  13. Kazuha: 10.25 million
  14. Zhongli (Rerun): $9.83 million
  15. Yoimiya: $9.30 million
  16. Keqing: $9.13 million ($3.62 million before Homa)
  17. Tartaglia (Rerun): $7.40 million
  18. Klee (Rerun): $6.56 million
fozfiguib7n71.png

Basically about to surpass Venti.

She is also about to surpass Zhongli in Japan and maybe reach or dethrone Ganyu depending on how her remaining days go. She hasn't really budged much from the top ranking since her banner went up there.

Last edited:

Pejo

That's really odd...have you tried reinstalling? I don't think anything should be able to do that, unless it's somehow forcing a different refreshrate or colour space when doing that attack, which is even weirder. :lollipop_confused:
I don't get it either. It's not like her Ult is the only thing in the game that causes screen flashes and effects. Maybe I'll throw a question at support.

fozfiguib7n71.png

She is also about to surpass Zhongli in Japan and maybe reach or dethrone Ganyu depending on how her remaining days go. She hasn't really budged much from the top ranking since her banner went up there.
It's weird how off all of these graphs are from one another in the reddit thread. Also crazy is that the chart you posted was JUST iOS and JUST in China.

Holy money.

YukiOnna

I don't get it either. It's not like her Ult is the only thing in the game that causes screen flashes and effects. Maybe I'll throw a question at support.

It's weird how off all of these graphs are from one another in the reddit thread. Also crazy is that the chart you posted was JUST iOS and JUST in China.

Holy money.
I'm curious how each respective site calculates its estimates. Unfortunately for North America, we have to pay to get exact data from places like SensorTower unless they make an article about it. Yeah, if we bring in Android for CN, it's going to be bonkers.

Fake

fozfiguib7n71.png

Maybe explain 'why' they want to wipe Honey Impact. Probably project even more sales.

BlackM1st

Banned
hmm there were some leaks that she is together with Yae but i'm not sure how accurate they are.
Yeah man, any re-run is a mystery and can be dropped on us any moment because heroes data is old and already in game.

There's no way for simple data miners to tell us when re-run is coming. For that we need a proper leakers with an inside knowledge of MiHoYo release calendar.

But logic says that if MiHo wants to make money going with Tart's 3rd banner is simply idiotic:
fozfiguib7n71.png
Makes no sense to me. Sure, data mine shows a new bow, but is it really a good enough reason for his re-run?

YukiOnna

Logic dictates you can either re-run Ganyu, Xiao, Hu Tao and make decent money. Especially since 2.2 is October and Halloween Hu Tao makes sense. I don't know if they'll do that though, they have already run Childe twice and while he did fine in JP (I don't know NA) it would run its course if you did a 3rd banner so quickly.

Pejo

This is from a reddit post of a 4chan post, so don't believe everything you read, but this could be huge.
m2xy8hpe9bn71.jpg

This gives a little more credence to the Ayato (Ayaka's brother) - Hydro Claymore rumor as well as shows a potential manual target lock on.

Pejo

I don't get it. Target lock for claymore user? Um... Is it souls like fighting or I'm missing something in here? Or it's about his skill/ult? Something similar to Jean's skill?
I was reading it as a new base feature, to allow us to finally select and lock a target. If it's just for his skill, that's a lot less exciting.

BlackM1st

Banned
I was reading it as a new base feature, to allow us to finally select and lock a target. If it's just for his skill, that's a lot less exciting.
Ah, a new target lock on in-game feature?

Well, let's wait and see. I know that on mobile it's kinda a necessity. Playing on mobile is basically a hard mode.

BTW if he's really a new water type and will be a EULA/Diluc like DMG dealer having a Tart re-run before him would be such a dick move from MiHo that I kinda want to see it just for meltdowns.

Fake

zur0lnspx7n71.png

Best fanart ever.

This is from a reddit post of a 4chan post, so don't believe everything you read, but this could be huge.
m2xy8hpe9bn71.jpg

This gives a little more credence to the Ayato (Ayaka's brother) - Hydro Claymore rumor as well as shows a potential manual target lock on.

Huge if true.

Anyone here who plays on PS4/PS5? If yes do you have an issue with getting the daily log in bonus when you log in using PS4/Ps5?

Are you leaving Genshin open and put console into sleep when you finished playing ? If you wake-up console next day it won't show welkin animation but you still get 90 primos.

Are you leaving Genshin open and put console into sleep when you finished playing ? If you wake-up console next day it won't show welkin animation but you still get 90 primos.

No. I never put PS5 on rest as it causes it to crash sometimes. But the issue resolved on its own from yesterday and I can get the bonus properly. Looks like it was a sync issue.

Top Bottom