• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned
59%

Fuck whoever thought that making those waterlogged crates contributing to total exploration % was a good idea.

Edit: just checked the map and it doesn't show them all. I noticed since the first days that the items were added little by little on the map. A trick to keep us searching and wasting time more, I suppose. Fucking mihoyo.

Last edited:

Pejo

Speaking of finding difficult to find things - do any of you have the "extra" red thing from Dragonspine? I have the extra Anemoculus and Geoculus, but I could never find the last Dragonspine thing, and we never got a compass for them like we did for the -culi. I still am not convinced that there is an extra one.

*edit*

Yoimiya banner:
ko3vwefvwif71.jpg

Last edited:

Fake

Today I finally get the Inazuma bow recipe. Already wasted all my prototypes on him. Just one left to max his refine.

Speaking of finding difficult to find things - do any of you have the "extra" red thing from Dragonspine?

I have 3. Did 100% dragonspin.

Yoimiya's banner is perfect for me. I like all of those 4 stars. I know people hate Diona, but she's really strong and useful. Xinyan is still kinda bugged and not great, but I invested a bunch in her anyway. Too bad Yoimiya is on it.

Pejo

Today I finally get the Inazuma bow recipe. Already wasted all my prototypes on him. Just one left to max his refine.

I have 3. Did 100% dragonspin.
I also have like 2 or 3 extra.
Man, I guess I have some searching Dragonspine to do...

*edit*

This is neat. As your resolve builds up, it eventually makes a big circle of eyes. Now your Baals are always visible to you and your friends.
p3e6ynfrwkf71.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Thanks. Thought I saw a screenshot with 21/22.
Don't forget that the Inazuma rep rewards eventually gives us one of the -culi locator recipes and we still have 2 islands worth of them to find. Wasting Spending time right now looking for each one is probably not worth it.

deanote666

Don't forget that the Inazuma rep rewards eventually gives us one of the -culi locator recipes and we still have 2 islands worth of them to find. Wasting Spending time right now looking for each one is probably not worth it.
I had found all of the amenocculi except the 1 extra and all of the geocculi before there were compasses.

Managed to get all 3 areas to 100% but still finding chests, seelies. At 298/300 for the treasure chest achievement.

I'm sitting on 5 extra red things from Dragonspine, no idea how many are left in the wild. The crimson wishes probably throw off counts.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Speaking of finding difficult to find things - do any of you have the "extra" red thing from Dragonspine? I have the extra Anemoculus and Geoculus, but I could never find the last Dragonspine thing, and we never got a compass for them like we did for the -culi. I still am not convinced that there is an extra one.

*edit*

Yoimiya banner:
ko3vwefvwif71.jpg
I have 3 extra don't ask me why.

Shitty banner, btw. That's a suicide.
I think they're expecting low sales for her banner, considering they're also not really hiping her that much.

BlackM1st

Banned
You actually went for it, what a madlad. Congrats though!
Was a hilarious journey. It took me a lot of mental gymnastics to accept it lmao

Ayaka's banner with its 90 hard pity milked my wishes dry and I cleared the shop for previous month's free wishes.

I had no blue exchange currency to buy some extra wishes from this month update whatsoever.

So I needed to pull on something.

Standard banner is out of the question because it's a guaranteed weapon after 2 heroes in a row and I REALLY wanna see what anniversary will bring to it before pulling. Plus, I don't wanna waste primos on blue wishes to buys some more blue wishes...makes no sense to me, really lol

I'm on 50/50 on the limited banner and I figured out I would never EVER win 2 50/50 in a row. So I decided to save my gamble for the Baal's banner because wasting my last wishes on Ayaka C1 and losing Baal is an absolute madness.

So only weapon banner was looking like a logical choice to me. Current had amazing sword that any main DPS would enjoy + its shitty 5☆ spear looks like a decent pick for Baal.
Next banner will have Baal's signature ER grasscutter spear which isn't something ANY spear user would enjoy. I prefered to pull for a more universal DMG stick even if the chances are like 33%.

So in the end I decided to pull till the first 5☆, get my exchange currency and be grateful regardless of the outcome, because I knew I would never go for more than 1 5☆ pull.

Welp, 70 wishes later I finally had enough currency to buy the leftover wishes and got myself the sick sword I could only dream for lol

BlackM1st

Banned
wSDCXoE.jpg

MiHo hates YMY or something lol. Dat secondary weapon... Dat 4☆ selection... Favonius instead of Rust for YMY? Seriously? Ayyyyy lmao.

They've just given up on Yoimiya. There's simply too many good banners happening in quick succession. The only way to save her is to make her absolutely busted, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.

Pejo

wSDCXoE.jpg

MiHo hates YMY or something lol. Dat secondary weapon... Dat 4☆ selection... Favonius instead of Rust for YMY? Seriously? Ayyyyy lmao.
Skyward Blade is actually really good. Mine stays on my Jean and it's a great all-arounder unless you're using sword as Carry DPS. Those 4*s are cursed as hell though. Sac sword is BiS for Waterboi and Qiqi, but that's a damn minefield. I didn't even remember what that 5* bow did, had to look it up:

ODCCEcz.jpg

Boy that basically is built for Yoimiya/Fischl/Chelde....

Oh no...

*edit*

bun9oyqzfmf71.png

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
They've just given up on Yoimiya. There's simply too many good banners happening in quick succession. The only way to save her is to make her absolutely busted, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen.
IIRC Homa's banner beat some actual heroes banners because it had Wolf's gravestone on it too. Strong banners make people pull. Hell, I pulled for SEMI-decent spear I could use for 3rd Archon. So yeah, looks like MiHo just given up lol

Blade is actually really good. Mine stays on my Jean and it's a great all-arounder unless you're using sword as Carry DPS.
You see, that's the problem, when people pull on freaking weapons banner being a good support is the last thing they think about. Most people hate their Jean and QiQi pulls not because heroes are bad, but because it's not the heroes the wanted.

Imagine an average simp pulling on YMY and wising for her bow too. Now imagine the absolute devastation the moment they pull this sword for their Bennett lol

Besides, Bennett, QiQi and Jean can work perfectly fine with 4☆ and be very, VERY decent.
LOL, go for it , I FUCKING DARE YOU LMAO

Fake

There is a huge lack of management going on there.

Pejo

Jez, Mihoyo are just droping primos on the ground just like coins.
We're getting literally ones and ones of primos, it's crazy! MHY makin' it drizzle.

The leaks site is all up in arms because they believe that our anniversary is going to just be like 1200 extra monthly primos, a login event with 3-4 wishes, and a 4* selector. The scary part is, I could see it. I'll start adding my suggestion of a universal 5* constellation item to my feedback surveys, that oughtta help since they listened to me about housing and fishing.

Fake

We're getting literally ones and ones of primos, it's crazy! MHY makin' it drizzle.

The leaks site is all up in arms because they believe that our anniversary is going to just be like 1200 extra monthly primos, a login event with 3-4 wishes, and a 4* selector. The scary part is, I could see it. I'll start adding my suggestion of a universal 5* constellation item to my feedback surveys, that oughtta help since they listened to me about housing and fishing.

Increase the constellation is kinda possible taking into consideration we're in the late game anw. I can't remember what was the time I started to play the BETA version.

Now, about the anniversary 1200 primo, maybe there is a tricky? Remember that last one about 'a number of people to fulfil the page meta' and everyone make some calculations about the primo they would receive? End up everyone receive a portion only.

Yeah that doesn't sound very good. The lunar new year event gave us more rewards, didn't it? I hope they're wrong.

I think it would be a good idea to give all players one of the original 5 star characters of their choice. I doubt many people spend money on pulling for one of those. It would be a relatively good reward though, and might entice new players to try the game.

Reactions: Fuz

BlackM1st

Banned
I think it would be a good idea to give all players one of the original 5 star characters of their choice. I doubt many people spend money on pulling for one of those. It would be a relatively good reward though, and might entice new players to try the game.
I would go with Jean. Hands down the best starting hero that has so much value.

Pejo

I would go with Jean. Hands down the best starting hero that has so much value.
Preach. One of the most useful Multiplayer characters too, especially if you're playing with randoms and have no idea how good they are. Shame about that outfit though...

For me, if the selector was only standard banner, I'd get a Diluc constellation since they are all pretty nice and linear in making him stronger. If it was limited too, I'd def get a Zhongli constellation. He's one of the few characters we have that can't truly ever be powercrept since shields are always good in MHY's endgame of timed combat events, and his elemental/physical shred is great.

Saber

Gold Member
Since no banner interested me I was like "well, gonna be a sitting duck for a long while". Tried on Ayaka banner and there she is, kinda made peace with her since bunch of nerfs...but I also notice she attack slower, was that normal?. Was thinking about picking Kokomi, but I already have Barbara as a healer and anti-pyro mage.

After that I won't be going for banners for a looong time. Also lol too many mouths to feed.

Pejo

Since no banner interested me I was like "well, gonna be a sitting duck for a long while". Tried on Ayaka banner and there she is, kinda made peace with her since bunch of nerfs...but I also notice she attack slower, was that normal?. Was thinking about picking Kokomi, but I already have Barbara as a healer and anti-pyro mage.

After that I won't be going for banners for a looong time. Also lol too many mouths to feed.
Skipping Raiden Shogun? I assumed that's what most players were saving for at this point. We also have Yae, Ganyu/Xiao reruns, and maybe Signora and Scaramouche coming up that we already know about.

Saber

Gold Member
Skipping Raiden Shogun? I assumed that's what most players were saving for at this point. We also have Yae, Ganyu/Xiao reruns, and maybe Signora and Scaramouche coming up that we already know about.

No Baal = No fun

How can you skip on her?

Yeah. Too many electros on my team and her gameplay, although friggin awesome, would kinda bother with Keqing gameplay on my part.

Signora would be a win too, but with Ayaka would be the same problem of too many cryo. They should work harder to release Dendro properly.

Pejo

Yeah. Too many electros on my team and her gameplay, although friggin awesome, would kinda bother with Keqing gameplay on my part.

Signora would be a win too, but with Ayaka would be the same problem of too many cryo. They should work harder to release Dendro properly.
I'm all for Dendro, but the only two known Dendros aren't exactly making me froth at the mouth. We have that Baizhu guy (the doctor dude with the bare midriff and the snake) and Yaoyao, Ganyu's little girl roommate. I am excited to see what they do with the element though.

BlackM1st

Banned
Too many electros on my team and her gameplay, although friggin awesome, would kinda bother with Keqing gameplay on my part.
She's like THE electro to have, plus she would work ridiculously good with Electric Cat...But I understand, she's not everyone's cup of tea obviously.

I too thought Baal would be a no brainer for most people. Electro and hydro are severely underrepresented in the game right now. We haven't gotten a single new electro character since the release of the game (except for MC I guess). I think she'd be a powerful addition to pretty much any account.

But it's also true that we know what to expect for the rest of the year. All the banners from now 'till mid october are known. We can expect some re-runs too. Maybe a new character or two at the end of the year (Thoma, Yae maybe?). That's several months you can save up primos. It's not necessarily a bad decision to pull now if nothing of interest is coming up.

Saber

Gold Member
Pretty much. Tried to level 6 artifacts for Ayaka, all of them have no shit stats:critc, critc dmg, atk% and elmastery.

But the game aways increase critc dmg, no matter how many times I up them.
And don't get me to tell you what happens if one of my artifacts has a Def substats.

Top Bottom