• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

BlackM1st

Banned
Bored To Death Reaction GIF

-Um what? Ah, yeah, sorry, kinda zoned out... Yeah, I'll take 1 Baal instead, thanks.

YMY is DOA, Baal on the other hand... She's crazy popular.

Pejo

Fake, she's not blabbering 1000x words per minute.

Speaking of, I decided I am going to try to roll for her. If I lose the 50/50, i'm not going to keep going though, and def not going for C1 like my original plans. I'll piss around with her in a comp of Yoimiya/Tart/Rosaria/Beidou or Electro MC, just to see how the team feels. If I really like her, I can always go for C1 at a rerun.

Finally got my bow recipe today from the chest. I'm not sure if it ended up being 7 days and I missed a few, or if I had to do a few extra days of opening them, but whatever, I don't care anymore. Bow itself is pretty damn good, and I got it to C2 before running out of purple ore. Seems like it could be pretty good for Yoimiya at C5, so I'll probably keep going after farming some ore. That Ganyu passive finally paying off.

Pejo

Speaking of shit, someone already tried Abyss? I still not on 12f, but reddit saying the Maguu heal?
Haven't done it, but maybe it's like that boss rush where one of them revives the other if they don't die close to the same time? I hated that debuff. Or maybe it's the little green healing circle? Either way it sucks.

Fake

Haven't done it, but maybe it's like that boss rush where one of them revives the other if they don't die close to the same time? I hated that debuff. Or maybe it's the little green healing circle? Either way it sucks.

I guess is the green aura, someone saying they heal half their health.

Larxia

I hate this game sometimes. (PV is french for HP, artifact ruined because EVERYTHING went into that).
YlzyWYh.png

I'm glad I managed to get Ayaka, but it seems like the game decided to punish me with artifacts instead, I had tons of different artifacts stocked for the future, and they all turned into def / hp artifacts, everything ruined and nothing usable.

I really think artifact is the "too much" gacha thing in this game, because, it's really just too much, if you're unlucky you can be grinding for weeks or months before being able to use a character.
I get that they don't want to let us pick the sub stats, but I think a cool alternative would be a feature to at least let us reset an artifact to 0, so we can try upgrading it again, without grinding for weeks again until we get the good main stat in the correct set, hoping to get the good random substats during upgrade...

Last edited:
I really think artifact is the "too much" gacha thing in this game, because, it's really just too much, if you're unlucky you can be grinding for weeks or months before being able to use a character.
I get that they don't want to let us pick the sub stats, but I think a cool alternative would be a feature to at least let us reset an artifact to 0, so we can try upgrading it again, without grinding for weeks again until we get the good main stat in the correct set, hoping to get the good random substats during upgrade...
Artifacts are just RNG upon RNG upon RNG. You need to get the right main stats. Then the right sub stats. Then the valuable sub stats need to actually be upgraded. Even then there's the possibility of rolling low. It really is a mess. Maximizing those stats is virtually impossible.

It is something they're slowly tweaking. The fact that we can now sacrifice artifacts is the first, albeit small step. Hopefully they'll add more options in the future.

Fake

I hate this game sometimes. (PV is french for HP, artifact ruined because EVERYTHING went into that).
YlzyWYh.png

Welcome to the world of Random Number Generator, aka RNG. Require a loads of time to get a perfect status upgrade. This week I level up one artifact from zero to level 20, just to give you an ideia, to 0 for 20 he earn just DEF number (not DEF %).

BlackM1st

Banned
YlzyWYh.png

I'm glad I managed to get Ayaka, but it seems like the game decided to punish me with artifacts instead, I had tons of different artifacts stocked for the future, and they all turned into def / hp artifacts, everything ruined and nothing usable.

Glad on Ayaka? Nope. Go 4p Blizzard and use 2 cryo and 1 water in your party for perma freeze and free Crit rate.

As for the artifacts farm... well, it took me 6 months for Klee. So, uh...Have fun?

Larxia

Glad on Ayaka? Nope. Go 4p Blizzard and use 2 cryo and 1 water in your party for perma freeze and free Crit rate.

As for the artifacts farm... well, it took me 6 months for Klee. So, uh...Have fun?
I want to do 2 piece glad and 2 piece cryo.
Venti ult and Ayaka are really fun together, and I always use Bennett for the boost and Diluc as a main DPS, and Diluc with Ayaka could do a lot of melt which would be another good boost.

Perma Freeze is not really what I'm looking for, I also don't really see the point in having 2 cryo when Ayaka already do Cryo constantly. If it's for the energy recharge, well my other best cryo character is Rosaria and she can't do a lot of energy, it's already not enough for her, and I don't plan on using Diona because Bennett C1 is the best boost support in my opinion.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
I also don't really see the point in having 2 cryo
Elemental resonance. Read up what 2 cryo gives you when you add water :3 2 Geo is also an amazing resonance. I love, LOVE last Inazuma's island and its constant rain. This way I can have 2 cryo and 2 geo WITH added water without using my Mona :}

Fake

Droped a polearm prototyte today. Not my favorite, but at least something.

Still trying to get the Inazuma bow recipe.

Pejo

Full 2.1 new boss model
So she's got a Pyro delusion. Looks really great, can't wait to fight her (and then pull her the next patch (Please?)).

kat20jb9lxe71.png

Fuz

Banned
thanks for the character name, I also had forgotten the game's name, thought it was genshin impact. Is that honkai just a clone?
Looks beautiful and perfect.
the game from the ad I saw honkai impact is it some kind of genshin impact clone or is it its own thing?
Seems these people make good games. Hope they add ai autoplay eventually, I prefer observing evolution of the system to interaction with the system.
Are you trolling or drunk?

Yes.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Full 2.1 new boss model
So she's got a Pyro delusion. Looks really great, can't wait to fight her (and then pull her the next patch (Please?)).

kat20jb9lxe71.png
We don't know if that's the case, it could be the other way around since she hasn't been shown wearing vision.
If, as speculated, it's actually the crimson witch, there might not be a vision at all.

Seems these people make good games. Hope they add ai autoplay eventually, I prefer observing evolution of the system to interaction with the system.
Honkai is the better game if you like fast combat and a lot of different daily content to play.
These games won't ever have "auto play", but honkai does have "skip tickets", so you can auto complete some content.

Honkai is the better game if you like fast combat and a lot of different daily content to play.
These games won't ever have "auto play", but honkai does have "skip tickets", so you can auto complete some content.
never? Maybe genshin impact 2 will then. Never is a long time, because if we talk eternity I win lottery infinitely many times, never is a very very long time.

Pejo

Don't forget to buy your welfare wishes from the shop if you didn't get them yesterday. My 5 standard banner wishes actually got me nothing but blues holy shit we need to replace blues with xp books or something.
We don't know if that's the case, it could be the other way around since she hasn't been shown wearing vision.
If, as speculated, it's actually the crimson witch, there might not be a vision at all.
I still think we're going to find out that Alice is the Crimson Witch, due to her longevity. CW lore places her at about 300-400 years ago in the game world, so unless Signora is also an elf or adeptus or something, she's too young.

Last edited:

Fake

I still think we're going to find out that Alice is the Crimson Witch, due to her longevity. CW lore places her at about 300-400 years ago in the game world, so unless Signora is also an elf or adeptus or something, she's too young.

She could be the same race as the traveler. Her delusion form have the same wings from the twin traveles in the intro scene, and they're old as shit if I remember right, not necessary Klee race.
Remember, she have been avoiding interact with the traveler two times already, and warned Childe about the Traveler power even without fightning with him.

Last edited:

Pejo

She could be the same race as the traveler. Her delusion form have the same wings from the twin traveles in the intro scene, and they're old as shit if I remember right, not necessary Klee race.
Remember, she have been avoiding interact with the traveler two times already, and warned Childe about the Traveler power even without fightning with him.
Possible, but I think she just avoids traveler based on the Fatui spies in Mondstadt and everywhere, who fed her information that he stopped Dvalin, Osial, etc etc. Traveler is a whole scale of difference in age from the rest of the characters in game. Travelers are possibly millions/billions of years old whereas even Archons are only a few thousand. The best "secret" that MHY is keeping from players is just how powerful/knowledgeable the travelers are. I can't wait for that twist.

Man is my ass chapped. I'm stuck on 55% explored for Inazuma, and 22/26 quests - which I think is all that's available at this point. I'm 40 reputation away from the Tengu fan that lets you boost while gliding, but I don't know if I'm going to be able to crap out last 40 until next week's quests/bounties.

Pejo

i need something decent to craft
8MZU66o.jpg
Prototype Amber (4* catalyst) is a great option to have. It can turn any low Energy cost/low cooldown Catalyst user into a makeshift healer, which is all you really need for general content outside of challenge modes. I have mine on my Ninguang, and between the heals and the elemental shields she makes on her skill, that's all I ever need. Mona is ok with it too if you're not trying to max her weird burst damage. If you have Rosaria, despite it being ugly as hell, the Crescent Pike is the best Phys damage weapon for her that's not a 5*. I personally don't feel that any of the craftable claymores are that good, and as far as bows, some people use Prototype Crescent, but I personally feel that the new Inazuma bow is better. New Inazuma sword shits on all the rest of the craftable swords.

Any of you guys find/complete any of the following Inazuma quests?
  • The Gourmet Supremos: The Importance of Eating Well
  • O Archon, Have I Done Right?
  • Battle of Revenge
  • "The Seventh Samurai"

LOLCats

Banned
Prototype Amber (4* catalyst) is a great option to have. It can turn any low Energy cost/low cooldown Catalyst user into a makeshift healer, which is all you really need for general content outside of challenge modes. I have mine on my Ninguang, and between the heals and the elemental shields she makes on her skill, that's all I ever need. Mona is ok with it too if you're not trying to max her weird burst damage. If you have Rosaria, despite it being ugly as hell, the Crescent Pike is the best Phys damage weapon for her that's not a 5*. I personally don't feel that any of the craftable claymores are that good, and as far as bows, some people use Prototype Crescent, but I personally feel that the new Inazuma bow is better. New Inazuma sword shits on all the rest of the craftable swords.

Any of you guys find/complete any of the following Inazuma quests?
  • The Gourmet Supremos: The Importance of Eating Well
  • O Archon, Have I Done Right?
  • Battle of Revenge
  • "The Seventh Samurai"
Ya i have r2 tomb sliver on eula, but reluctant to invest more in that weapon. And thanks ill consider the crescent pike on rosaria, i have been running her with the BP pole.

one of my favorite comps right now, Jean, Eula, Rosaria, and Kazahu.

Pejo

Ya i have r2 tomb sliver on eula, but reluctant to invest more in that weapon. And thanks ill consider the crescent pike on rosaria, i have been running her with the BP pole.

one of my favorite comps right now, Jean, Eula, Rosaria, and Kazahu.
Oh yea that claymore is actually pretty good for a F2P option. I keep forgetting about it. Also Whiteblind is great for Noelle. I guess there are 2 good claymores to build out. The new Inazuma one looks awesome, but it's worse in every way to the Favonius or Sacrificial greatswords unfortunately.

Pejo

Well I was able to find out more info about the 4 quests I'm missing. 1 I was able to do, 2 are stuck behind specific Inazuma comissions (oh boy here we go again with that, still haven't gotten the fatui Mondstadt one), and the last one is bugged. So now I'm 20 rep from rank up. Now, do I really try to grind out the last 5% exploration that I'm missing or just move on and live one more week without it?

Also, Baal got some modifier changes in the latest beta update. She now has the only 90 energy Elemental Burst. Supposedly you want to build as much Energy Recharge on her as possible, so people are saying it's not a big deal, and she got buffed modifiers on her burst and attack, so we'll see how it plays out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I saw that Amazon Prime gaming was giving out some freebies.

I need to install this again.

60x Primogems
8x Hero's Wit
5x Mushroom Pizza

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I figured I was pretty behind on this, just haven't checked it in a while but did today since the new free games came out.

Last I played (on PS5) was right when Zhongli came out and I pulled him and just never booted it up again haha

Pejo

Man, bad drops this time for weekly bosses. Not even a decent 5* artifact. I've been farming Yoimiya's ascension materials. I remember seeing a ton of those purple weed things when I was just pissing around exploring, but I can't find any decent concentration of them anymore. I guess I can always use the interactive map. I've resigned to just waiting until next Monday to get my tengu fan. It's probably going to take the item slot anyways, so I'll probably never even use it. I'll be pleasantly surprised if that's not the case.

Lupingosei

Banned
i need something decent to craft
8MZU66o.jpg
Just build what you need. Hording will not help you.

I feel for the people telling me that i should keep the crowns and never use them. Now I have 5 and more are getting in.

I use everything I get. There will be always new events with new stuff, Mihoyo wants new players and they need prototypes. Update your weapons to R5 and create new ones.

The next domain will not be released before early next year and you can either stack them or use them and own any NPC you will find.

I already updated Ayaka’s 4star sword to R3, because I want to use her now.

Fake

Man, bad drops this time for weekly bosses. Not even a decent 5* artifact. I've been farming Yoimiya's ascension materials. I remember seeing a ton of those purple weed things when I was just pissing around exploring, but I can't find any decent concentration of them anymore. I guess I can always use the interactive map. I've resigned to just waiting until next Monday to get my tengu fan. It's probably going to take the item slot anyways, so I'll probably never even use it. I'll be pleasantly surprised if that's not the case.

I don't even remember the last time I droped 5 star from the open world bosses.

Top Bottom