• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Exentryk

7bb69e2afe9a72ddbad1f272260dfe4e_5410198065752982263.png

During the event, Travelers can venture into the event Domain and challenge an all-new, powerful boss to attain scores.

Once your total score reaches a certain amount, you can claim the event-exclusive namecard style "Celebration: Battlesong" and other rewards. The first time you clear the challenge, you will also be rewarded with Primogems.

〓Event Duration〓

2021-06-25 10:00:00 – 2021-07-08 03:59:59

〓Eligibility〓

Adventure Rank 20 or above

〓Event Details〓

● Starting on the first day of the event, a new challenge will unlock each day until the seventh day, by which all the challenges will have been unlocked.

● Before you begin the challenge in earnest, you can choose from different difficulty levels and special combat effects known as Flairs. The amount of points you obtain for completing the challenge is based on the difficulty and Flairs selected.

● Travelers can attempt the challenge in either Single Player or Co-Op Mode.

● During the event, Travelers can challenge the same challenge stage multiple times. Try to obtain the highest score that you can for each stage. Your total combined score is the sum of your high scores on all challenge stages. When your total combined score reaches a certain amount, you can claim the corresponding rewards.

※ After the event ends, your accumulated points will be lost and you will be unable to claim any more rewards. Remember to claim your rewards in time!

Last edited:

Pejo

7bb69e2afe9a72ddbad1f272260dfe4e_5410198065752982263.png

During the event, Travelers can venture into the event Domain and challenge an all-new, powerful boss to attain scores.

Once your total score reaches a certain amount, you can claim the event-exclusive namecard style "Celebration: Battlesong" and other rewards. The first time you clear the challenge, you will also be rewarded with Primogems.

〓Event Duration〓

2021-06-25 10:00:00 – 2021-07-08 03:59:59

〓Eligibility〓

Adventure Rank 20 or above

〓Event Details〓

● Starting on the first day of the event, a new challenge will unlock each day until the seventh day, by which all the challenges will have been unlocked.

● Before you begin the challenge in earnest, you can choose from different difficulty levels and special combat effects known as Flairs. The amount of points you obtain for completing the challenge is based on the difficulty and Flairs selected.

● Travelers can attempt the challenge in either Single Player or Co-Op Mode.

● During the event, Travelers can challenge the same challenge stage multiple times. Try to obtain the highest score that you can for each stage. Your total combined score is the sum of your high scores on all challenge stages. When your total combined score reaches a certain amount, you can claim the corresponding rewards.

※ After the event ends, your accumulated points will be lost and you will be unable to claim any more rewards. Remember to claim your rewards in time!
Man, a little early in the patch for a filler event. Usually they wait until there's like 2-3 weeks left to start dumping these low effort time trial things.

I wonder what happened to the ping pong vs. the Dodoking event? I've been waiting for that one.

crumbs

Man, a little early in the patch for a filler event. Usually they wait until there's like 2-3 weeks left to start dumping these low effort time trial things.

I wonder what happened to the ping pong vs. the Dodoking event? I've been waiting for that one.
Yeah, this last week was pretty dry since the final phase of the Klee event was light on actual content. Clearing enough mobs to buy out the final event shop took around a half hour. I figured the island mini games from the trailer would unlock after finishing the event, but I guess they're going to make us wait.

I get the sinking feeling that this update is going to end up being more frontloaded than usual with the islands and Klee event, then followed a ton of weak filler knowing that players have seen enough leaks of Inzauma content to stick around until the next update.

Pejo

Yeah, this last week was pretty dry since the final phase of the Klee event was light on actual content. Clearing enough mobs to buy out the final event shop took around a half hour. I figured the island mini games from the trailer would unlock after finishing the event, but I guess they're going to make us wait.

I get the sinking feeling that this update is going to end up being more frontloaded than usual with the islands and Klee event, then followed a ton of weak filler knowing that players have seen enough leaks of Inzauma content to stick around until the next update.
Agreed. I don't know why, but I half expected them to rise the islands up a second time, to reveal even more land and stuff to explore. Guess I was just being too greedy/optimistic.

*edit*

Tohma actually looks a lot better now. His previous render made him look kinda derpy, but in the new one he looks more normal.

7gvzmxncsz671.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Such a hype video/character, just look at all the discussions he sparked lmao
I don't have any problem with him, but he's definitely not lighting the game on fire. I stand by my opinion that he should have been a freebie 4* when we beat the first chapter of Inazuma in the next patch.

LOLCats

Banned
No interest in ayaka, i have too many cryo as it is.

so i got a geo cup with ER%, crit rate %, attack%, crit damage%... i was like okay rad.
leveled to 16...

18.7% energy recharge, 9.7% attack lol. I cried and then used it for fodder.

Last edited:

crumbs

This is disappointing. Feels like the devs are struggling to develop 5-stars with unique talents and playstyles. Lately, they've either been single playstyle DPS characters (Xiao, Hu Tao) or just plain boring (Eula). Now we're getting a character like Ayaka that has these overly complicated conditions with her burst.

I get that some of the gameplay options need to be simplified for mobile players, but hopefully we'll still get more multiple-faceted characters like Ganyu, Zhongli, Jean, or Keqing that have several good options for how you build and play them.

Last edited:

crumbs

They waited too long to release Ayaka. it's probably hard to build back her hype from the beta when they've already released 3 cryo characters (Ganyu, Rosaia, Eula) in 2021.

You know the devs messed up with character/element balance when you end up more interested in 4 stars like Sayu and Mimi because their elements are under-represented.

BlackM1st

Banned
Played a little bit more with Cocogoat's auto attacks and brought back Mona into my static team. Well... not sure if YMY is worthy of my primogems. I mean I'm sure that I hate how AA works lmao

Pejo

Played a little bit more with Cocogoat's auto attacks and brought back Mona into my static team. Well... not sure if YMY is worthy of my primogems. I mean I'm sure that I hate how AA works lmao
Yea I tried main dps Fish a long time ago. With no knockback/interrupt and no AoE, it's kinda rough.

Thankfully I'll be using Yoimiya as support/sub DPS.
episode 1 smile GIF by On My Block

Pejo

If it at least comes with a shot of queen Beidou ass...damn shame.

Anyway since they came with this idea of scanning via phone, I pratically ignore those web events.
What do you mean? You can just do it on a PC or through a link in the in-game mail.

Fuz

Banned
I'm kind of worried about Inazuma.

First, I'm not sure I like the design. I bloody love Japanese style architecture and enviroment. But what we've seen so far show excessive use of strong colors. The purple and the bright pink are everywhere - it would be good in small doses, to add a bit of character, but it feels like it's most of what Inazuma is. It's tiring to the eye, it's tacky and not beautiful. Where's the green and the blue?

My second worry has just been confirmed by a new leak...
  • We've seen this in previous leaks but there's a lot of passive environmental dangers.

Nobody likes Dragonspine. Just give me a world that's beautiful, fun and not annoying or stressful to explore.

I think they have no idea why people liked the game so much at release.

Last edited:

Fake

Well, IDK about purple and red, but pink because of the cherry trees, no?

Nobody likes Dragonspine. Just give me a world that's beautiful, fun and not annoying or stressful to explore.

100% agree. Dragonspine frost is damn annoying.

Last edited:

Pejo

Electric Shock Jump GIF by Escape Room

Can't wait!

Yeah, the fact that we didn't reverted its weather back to normal is a giant missed opportunity. It would made exploration actually feasible and let us to actually enjoy its snowy and tranquil atmosphere.
I wish that they would actually use the weather system. Like on clear sunny days there's no damage, but if you're there during a storm, make it use the sheer cold mechanic for the duration of the storm. I think dragonspine was dropped by players because there's nothing to do there after the tree/event, not so much because of the cold mechanic. But yea it'd be nice if weather had some effect.

Regarding Inazuma, I'll wait until release to judge. There's a good chance that they're just fucking with beta testers and leakers by making everything "floor is lava".

BlackM1st

Banned
I think dragonspine was dropped by players because there's nothing to do there after the tree/event, not so much because of the cold mechanic.
Well, I 100% it, but I must say it has some incredible and unique vistas and I would gladly explored it more and just chilled in there if it wasn't so damn cold lol I think GI has an incredible world and we should have more benches in the world just to sit there and enjoy the view/atmosphere. If only we could have a no hud option. I wonder why they're so hell bent on keeping the ui always on, especially the uid.

Last edited:

Lupingosei

Banned
100% agree. Dragonspine frost is damn annoying.
I don't mind. I even thought it was a creative idea to include that. I hope they also do that in parts of Snezhnaya.

Even in Windrunner it made things more interesting, you could not just hide at the top, you had to go down to get rid of the debuff.

Maybe extreme heat will also get included when we visit the fire archon.

BlackM1st

Banned
I don't mind. I even thought it was a creative idea to include that. I hope they also do that in parts of Snezhnaya.

Even in Windrunner it made things more interesting, you could not just hide at the top, you had to go down to get rid of the debuff.

Maybe extreme heat will also get included when we visit the fire archon.
I see you like it rough...
whipping tv land GIF by YoungerTV

Lupingosei

Banned
I see you like it rough...
Maybe, but it makes things more interesting. The game would become stale fast, if everything was like in Mondstadt or Liyue.

They at least try things and compared to for example WoW, they are really creative sometimes. I hope they continue to experiment with environments. Lack of oxygen on very high mountains would be fun.

The housing system for example was what we wanted for years in WoW. What we got were the garrisons.

Fake

Don't matter much if you like or not. The place now is a a wasteland. Pretty sure GI users don't go there after 100% finish Dragonspin thats for sure unless a commission force them.

Exentryk

I liked the sheer cold mechanic while exploring. But I do agree that after we had completed the zone, they should have given us a gadget or something such that sheer cold wouldn't bother us. (The joke that is the warming bottle is not that.)

Pejo

Lame. MHY's modest "swimsuits" are ruining Honkai now too. What the fuck is this shit.

zt80ro3fxc771.jpg

*edit*

Some bits about energy generation of the upcoming characters. Sayu is confirmed Sonic. Faster than any other character regardless of size when she's rollin'

Sayu's skill (E) is faster than Ayaka and Mona’s sprint. While rolling, you can’t get forced out of it.

• Sayu takes 10 seconds to reach point A.
  • Ayaka takes 13 seconds to reach point A.
  • A non-loli body type takes 15 seconds to reach point A.
Sayu's skill will produce 2 particles on her skill when pressed. When holding down her skill, 1 particle will be generated every three seconds, and the kick at the end will generate 5 particles. If you hold her skill for 10 seconds, it'll generate 5 particles.

Her burst hits more frequently than Diona's burst.

Ayaka's skill produces 4 particles.

Yoimiya's skill generates 4 particles in the span of 9 seconds.

It takes 2 seconds to store 3 kindling arrows. Each kindling arrow will disappear after 3 seconds.

After the main arrow hits an enemy, it'll take 2 more seconds for a kindling arrow to hit.

Last edited:

Pejo

R Reizo Ryuu I am fuming at MHY's decision to

Make Kiana the Herrscher of Fire. I am fucking fuming at this decision to not bring back Himeko and make her relevant. You have no idea of the depths of my anger right now.

Top Bottom