• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fuz

Banned

The thing that pisses me off the most is that those fucking bastards subreddit mods are drowning all those issues under tons of shitty fanart (=free advertising).

Anyway, scamming and selling super cheap just to have people to shard everything makes me think that it's mostly an attack on mihoyo. Tons of work if they recover and rollback all those account, tons of bad publicity if they don't.

Last edited:

Dregnel

this is not from 1.4 or 1.5, What this person does is that he puts the animations and substitutes them for another if i'm not wrong... I really don't know how to explain it but he can get away with it if the models are already in some database, yaoyao was rumored to be a free 4 star character by the way.

Last edited:

Pejo

this is not from 1.4 or 1.5, What this person does is that he puts the animations and substitutes them for another if i'm not wrong... I really don't know how to explain it but he can get away with it if the models are already in some database, yaoyao was rumored to be a free 4 star character by the way.

That's Klee's old Pre-nerf walk. What a bummer, it's so much more expressive than the default.

BlackM1st

Banned

The thing that pisses me off the most is that those fucking bastards subreddit mods are drowning all those issues under tons of shitty fanart (=free advertising).

Anyway, scamming and selling super cheap just to have people to shard everything makes me think that it's mostly an attack on mihoyo. Tons of work if they recover and rollback all those account, tons of bad publicity if they don't.

There's is no account protection on MiHo side and Steam is pretty vulnerable too. I lost my FF14 online account because of that lost steam account. Not a biggie, but I miss my fat chocobo.

If you play on PC or Mobile - login through Twitter. IIRC This way you will have a 2 factor authentication.

BlackM1st

Banned
Couldn't you use your Facebook/Twitter account for login in Genshin impact? Something like this:

N7KlDFP.jpg

I play on Playstation, so I forgot if you could use your Twitter for your GI account.

Pejo

Couldn't you use your Facebook/Twitter account for login in Genshin impact? Something like this:

N7KlDFP.jpg

I play on Playstation, so I forgot if you could use your Twitter for your GI account.
not an option for this game sadly. I wasn't even able to use my existing MHY account from Honkai Impact. Had to create a brand new one.

BlackM1st

Banned
not an option for this game sadly
Welp, I stand corrected, which means that MiHoYo is radically incompetent lol Maybe PS being a separate walled garden has its positives because I login to GI with my PSN which has 2FA and linked to my mobile phone number.

Reactions: Fuz

Fuz

Banned

N7KlDFP.jpg

There isn't.

I don't want 2FA tbh. Too annoying and I don't want to give any company my phone number. Especially Chinese ones. Especially mihoyo.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
That's called "perdentismo", we're going in that dystopian nightmare only if we allow it. And you're one of those that allow it, with your attitude.
It's called being realistic and seeing how willingly people use their fingerprints and face scans just to unlock their phone and save 5 seconds required to enter the 4 digit code lol

da87mq9a66n61.png

(Apparently) good abyss teams.
Boils down to having a strong 5☆ DPS and a battery. Not a rocket science, really. But good luck leveling and having all the listed heroes. Sooner or later people should level up their main 5☆ DPS and move to supporting 4☆. Maybe. Or maybe just like in any other team based game they will utterly ignore supports and healers and will wait for the next, even stronger/sexier DPS character xD

BlackM1st

Banned
Apparently, I'm fucked.
Water boy C1 and Bennett C1 is a necessity, so 99% of people have a bad teams because most of the playerbase doesn't follow the meta for various reasons. Wanna spend your resources on 4☆ ? Do it, you will get your battery and above average healing. Otherwise? Don't even bother with any lists and continue to farm and pull for 5☆ that you can actually level up and gear up. We desperately need some good 5☆ supports similar to Jean and Geo Lord so people will actually pull for them and bring them into coop/high level end game. Having a friend with a C2 QiQi in my team is literally an "I WIN" button. Without him? Well, my second team still crumbles on ice enemies and I can't afford to level it up because my primes are still well under geared.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Playing both, I'm especially surprised with how bare the content is in Genshin. I honestly expected it to be even more packed/interesting than Honkai considering the profits and playerbase size.
I haven't logged into genshin for a while now, honkai has just been waay more interesting lately.
4.5 with EVA, 4.6 with the anniversary and fu hua, and 4.7 seems to keep going with farmable dual guns bronya:

Support 5 stars can be a tough sell. When you finally get your shiny new 5 star, you want to be able to use them on the field. Supports just need to be more fun to play, and that can't happen as long as they exist only to activate an ability for your DPS to use.

I'd say we need more characters that can fill multiple roles. That way you can convert a DPS into a support and vice versa.

Dregnel

I haven't logged into genshin for a while now, honkai has just been waay more interesting lately.
4.5 with EVA, 4.6 with the anniversary and fu hua, and 4.7 seems to keep going with farmable dual guns bronya:

the new characters in honkai impact feel completely new and with unique animations, in genshin we get more characters per month but they copy and paste everywhere.

Dregnel

Support 5 stars can be a tough sell. When you finally get your shiny new 5 star, you want to be able to use them on the field. Supports just need to be more fun to play, and that can't happen as long as they exist only to activate an ability for your DPS to use.

I'd say we need more characters that can fill multiple roles. That way you can convert a DPS into a support and vice versa.

Sooner or later they will realize that what they are doing is a mistake or they do it on purpose to sell future characters, if for example I want to activate mona's ulti and the best way is to use fire first to be able to use all its potential i need an extra pyro character because hu tao loses her buff.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned

It's a problem as old as any team based game that has different roles. The moment you buff the Tanks and Supports to do enough DPS, the moment people will drop pure DMG in their favours. Thankfully PVE only games are easier to balance. That's why I mentioned Geo Lord and Jean specifically, they're both great supports and can be fun to play with when engaging enemies without immediate urge to switch to KLEE and just delete everything. Sure, some people will never pull for support, but without a competent support you can't have a balanced team. There's a reason why MiHo gave us free Barbie. Without her, most people would struggle even with a basic content because game would become unnecessary tedious if not hard.
Wish they'd re-run Jean at least rather than hoping to get spooked by her.
I'm not a fan of re-runs when we have so many unfilled niches and character types. You want her because there's no one like her or anyone comparable to Venti. We are seriously need more diverse and powerful (not strictly DPS wise) characters.

Pejo

Just imagine if Hu Tao and Zhongli had each other's kit, but kept the elements. It'd be more balanced and honestly I feel like it'd make much more sense lore wise. I really want a fire support that isn't Bennett (no interest in his character) or Gooba.

YukiOnna

They'd rather shove Childe through our throats again.
Stuck in this discord server who wants Childe's dick all the time and it ends me inside.

I'm not a fan of re-runs when we have so many unfilled niches and character types. You want her because there's no one like her or anyone comparable to Venti. We are seriously need more diverse and powerful (not strictly DPS wise) characters.
Right now it is just a spam of DPS or crowd-control characters.

Fake

No.
Not when preys on users, especially vulnerable ones, with predatory psychological tactics.
Not when those sort of practices hinder good game design and sweep it under the rug of monetization.
When those systems are successful, everybody loses.

You pretty much get the point. I really hate those low ass arguments about 'its your money'.

Thats not mean the company can explore your weak. I remember the justice forcing EA to reveal about how money someone can spend and some folks freak out when they saw what they really spend inside that game.

Its about control.

BlackM1st

Banned
Its about control.
Gasp!
Compare a normal game:
g2EFUIR.jpg

To Genshin:
lV5svku.gif

lol
GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

GIF by South Park

So yeah, I would recommend everyone to watch this South Park episode (s18e6) and stop living in the illusion that GI is different hah.

I wonder what Inazuma will bring, what unspeakable monetization tricks MiHo will utilise next xD

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Inazuma is supposed to include Lightning Bolts with character tracking so you can get struck anywhere and everywhere.

I'm pretty sure actual good characters don't get their own banners.

Like Jean. Great out the gate and busted at C6. C0 Jean has been a blast. Lots of utility and fun combat mechanics to play with.

Last edited:

Pejo

Inazuma is supposed to include Lightning Bolts with character tracking so you can get struck anywhere and everywhere.

I'm pretty sure actual good characters don't get their own banners.

Like Jean. Great out the gate and busted at C6. C0 Jean has been a blast. Lots of utility and fun combat mechanics to play with.
Agreed, Jean has been a mainstay in my party and my usual go-to for Multiplayer because of her utility (and decent damage). I also just recently found out that her elemental burst swirl actually damages and applies elements to enemies, so if you stand in fire in her burst AoE, you constantly swirl fire to enemies. You can also stand in water, but unlike fire/electro, swirl water doesn't do any damage, just applies wet.

YukiOnna

Alright that was the last 10 roll I could do... Hu Tao isn't coming home. Just gonna hope they include her in some re-run at a seasonal in the coming months or something. Otherwise, I wait for Inazuma unless some other waifu comes along before that.

Pejo

Alright that was the last 10 roll I could do... Hu Tao isn't coming home. Just gonna hope they include her in some re-run at a seasonal in the coming months or something. Otherwise, I wait for Inazuma unless some other waifu comes along before that.
What's your pity counter at?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Agreed, Jean has been a mainstay in my party and my usual go-to for Multiplayer because of her utility (and decent damage). I also just recently found out that her elemental burst swirl actually damages and applies elements to enemies, so if you stand in fire in her burst AoE, you constantly swirl fire to enemies. You can also stand in water, but unlike fire/electro, swirl water doesn't do any damage, just applies wet.
So at C0 Jean can Tank, Party Heal(based on Proc with any weapon), Burst Heal AoE, Burst AoE has a regen effect for the duration, Ele attack is a 6s CD and can either lift multiple enemies as a CC option or push them forward, and her strong attack can launch enemies for easy launches or as another CC option.

All at C0.

That's some great utility for a character out of the gate and should be a standard for 5* characters.

They should be damn amazing and made slightly better per constellation.

Meanwhile you have a plethora of 5* characters that need most if not all Constellations to "come into their own". Which fails them as a 5* rarity.

And some of them in test runs have some of their constellations unlocked like Childe sitting at C3 with false advertising.

I think Hu Tao was by far the worst offender. Despite being C0 they propped her up with a specific Gacha 5* weapon and a enemy type they excel at.

Characters like Jean should be the standard and not the exception. The rest have been one trick ponies.

BlackM1st

Banned
New web event

Are you on 50/50 or guarantee? Gotta be careful if you want Rosaria.
That's just hilarious. Be careful, you may win! Damn , GI really is predatory xD
All at C0.
Also she's not a trap, which also helps her to have a universal appeal in a character driven game.
The rest have been one trick ponies.
How dare you... Cocogoat is not a pony, she's a proud GOAT and have a lot if tricks under her sleeves ( the only clothes poor girl has ;_; )
aE635mM.jpg

I think Hu Tao was by far the worst offender. Despite being C0 they propped her up with a specific Gacha 5* weapon and a enemy type they excel at.
That was hilariously sad lol
That's some great utility for a character out of the gate and should be a standard for 5* characters.
Yeah, exactly, 5☆ should be exceptional for just how rare they are.

YukiOnna

New web event

Are you on 50/50 or guarantee? Gotta be careful if you want Rosaria.
This web event looks like a bit of a pain. I gotta check since I'm not sure. I plan on skipping Rosaria unless there's a surprise coming up?

How dare you... Cocogoat is not a pony, she's a proud GOAT and have a lot if tricks under her sleeves ( the only clothes poor girl has ;_; )
aE635mM.jpg
Still the greatest to exist in this game for me.

crumbs

Doesn't look like I can participate since I'm ps4 player, the site doesn't recognize my characters.
Sounds like you can access it through your phone by scanning a QR code you'll receive from an in-game mail on your PS4.

It says the following in the event rules:

3. For PlayStation players, please access the event page through in-game mail and scan the QR Code to take part in the event.

Pejo

Sounds like you can access it through your phone by scanning a QR code you'll receive from an in-game mail on your PS4.

3. For PlayStation players, please access the event page through in-game mail and scan the QR Code to take part in the event.
Man, they really put the screws to the PS players on these web events. I'm sure it's mostly Sony doing some sort of gatekeeping, but it still sucks.

I have been having the hardest time figuring out what I want my Rosaria team to look like. It has to have Electro, to trigger superconduct for that sweet phys res down. I'd like cryo resonance to get the "free" crit boost. I wanted to try to make Xinyan work on this team since she does extra phys res down, has a pretty useful shield, and can do some melt shenanigans. Then I wanted to have a Hydro character to do freeze memes to get around hilichurl shields and stuff. Problem is that I'd need 5 character slots for all of that.

So I'm thinking either:

Rosaria/Fischl/Mona/Diona
Rosaria/Fischl/Xinyan/Noelle

I know I can just swap them around as needed, but I think I'm going to be further ahead with the top team.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I'm probably going to run a Jean/Rosaria/Ganyu/Beidou comp. Beidou's Ult would throw out lightning bolts for the debuff.

Or swap out Beidou for Sucrose for AoE Cryo burst. 3 AoE bursts going off could be quite destructive.

Saber

Gold Member

Yeah, I notice as soon as I logged in the game.
Pretty terrible...I wish this could be easier.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Wait, what? So... annoying exploration like in Dragonspine? Another place where I can't AFK without pausing?
Probably not as bad. But Inazuma is supposed to be filled with lightning or thunderstorms a whole lot. Being the Electro area.

Dragonspine is cancer.

Top Bottom