• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

deanote666

For the new weekly, there's an achievement for avoiding being hit while affected by bond of life for the entire fight and I got a 2nd achievement as I was fighting since I was using Yae turrets the entire fight to avoid being hit. Apparently when she goes into one wing mode at half HP, hit her 3 times with ranged attacks to get it.

Last edited:
I did Arles trial and the coolest thing is holding attack down after a charge attack and she just starts… flying?! lol that’s really cool. If I didn’t already have a good map exploration team, I would be tempted to pull just for this.

Pejo

I did Arles trial and the coolest thing is holding attack down after a charge attack and she just starts… flying?! lol that’s really cool. If I didn’t already have a good map exploration team, I would be tempted to pull just for this.
She floats over water while doing it too, like Neuvi's cannon. It's been a joy running the overworld with her. Probably one of the best overworld characters we got in a while. Between her and Cloud Retainer you have all that you need. And it's not even tied to a skill, just stamina.

Here's an example of the endgame pose you get for doing that new endgame mode:
JQR5jec.jpeg

Wowee, how exciting. It's not even a full animation, just a static pose for taking pictures.

*edit* full Chlorinde kit in english (click to go to album or use hover arrows to cycle through images):

*edit2 Sige's kit in english, same deal:

Last edited:
They both sound pretty cool.

Clorinde's ability changes her NAs to electro shots, which grant BoL upon hit. She can't be healed during this time, but any healing is instead converted to additional BoL. Activate the ability again and all BoL is consumed and she performs an empowered thrust attack and heals herself. The burst is just a multi-attack thing, probably similar to Keqing's.

Sounds like Siggy can trap enemies in her bubbles like I hoped. Sounds fun, but likely not very impactful. Otherwise she's a semi-offensive healer that boosts other characters' off-field damage. She will probably be pretty strong and flexible.

Their charged attacks are interesting too. Clorinde dashes and shoots her gun in a fan pattern. Sigewinne seems to shoot homing Hydro missiles as she charges her bow. Will those keep appearing as long as she doesn't fire her arrow? I wonder how important those are to their kits. They're unique regardless.

Clorinde supposedly wants Thundering Fury, so Imma throw all artifacts into that strongbox. Not sure what Siggy wants and I'm lacking a good weapon for her too. Might finally use that pity on the weapon banner for her bow if her banner companion isn't too bad.

Pejo

Yea I hated BoL on paper, but in practice it's a big nothingburger. If anything it just wants you to use shielders again which is fine by me. Chlorinde is an easy pull for me, but after reading and thinking about it I might actually pull for Sige too. I'll spend some time in her trial in 4.7 to figure out if it feels good to play her.

After Arle alleviated some fears, I have to say that Chlorinde's kit sounds pretty active and fun to play.

Seeing how BoL was implemented on Arle definitely soothed my fears for the mechanic. And Arle specifically was designed to be a glass cannon. It will literally not matter on Siggy and Clorinde has that self-heal, so I don't expect any issues with her either.

Here's the materials required for the 4.7 characters:

Interestingly they use older weekly boss materials. Initially I thought this was a mistake on the leakers' part, but I assume they made this change to allow for easier simultaneous building of characters. Pretty smart. I get to use old materials that were just rotting away on my account and makes it much easier to prepare for them. Anyways, looks like I'm going on another jellyfish genocide to feed the two ladies.

Pejo

Interestingly they use older weekly boss materials. Initially I thought this was a mistake on the leakers' part, but I assume they made this change to allow for easier simultaneous building of characters. Pretty smart. I get to use old materials that were just rotting away on my account and makes it much easier to prepare for them. Anyways, looks like I'm going on another jellyfish genocide to feed the two ladies.
I think at least the weekly boss mats were just placeholders. There's no way they're gonna release 3 new characters that all do not use Arle's weekly boss mats. Though, the Narwhal has been a constant pain in my ass by bottlenecking several characters at once, so maybe they're taking pity on us? Doesn't sound like MHY though.

Well that was fast:
6628d63be49e9.jpg

Last edited:
I think at least the weekly boss mats were just placeholders. There's no way they're gonna release 3 new characters that all do not use Arle's weekly boss mats
That's what I thought too, but multiple reliable sources have all given the exact same info, so I assume it's correct. Besides, the icons for Arle's mats are already in the live version of the game and widely found online. There's no particular need to use placeholders.

So maybe I'm getting ahead of things, but I actually think they're shifting things around with regards to boss materials.

Pejo

That's what I thought too, but multiple reliable sources have all given the exact same info, so I assume it's correct. Besides, the icons for Arle's mats are already in the live version of the game and widely found online. There's no particular need to use placeholders.

So maybe I'm getting ahead of things, but I actually think they're shifting things around with regards to boss materials.
I mean for maybe 1 of them not to use it, but 3 brand new characters all not using Arle? I don't believe it. I mean there's no harm in farming the bosses anyways since you can only waste 1 fight per week if it ends up not being true, but it just makes no sense.

Chlorinde animations:

Sige:

Sethos:

Last edited:
I mean for maybe 1 of them not to use it, but 3 brand new characters all not using Arle? I don't believe it. I mean there's no harm in farming the bosses anyways since you can only waste 1 fight per week if it ends up not being true, but it just makes no sense.
Yeah it would make more sense if at least one of them did use Knave's mats. It almost makes that fight irrelevant if they don't. I happen to have tons of those Apep drops lying around, and since it's one of the three most recent bosses I still do it weekly for the Billets. No skin off my back if this ends up fake, but it would be a good change IMO.

Those animations look absolutely fantastic for both of them. I feel like they're on a completely different level. Can't wait.

Top Bottom