• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact - May Your Journey Know No Bounds | PlayStation 5 Announcement Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

May the songs of Windblume lift your wings high and free,
May the ancient stone shape your shield sturdy and strong,
May the icy winds of Dragonspine test your bravery,
May the daunting enemies you face... uh... spur your growth along?

Traveler, let's go on an adventure!
The PlayStation®5 version of Genshin Impact is coming soon. Stay tuned!

Aenima

Curious to see what improvements the PS5 version will bring compared to the PS4 version running on PS5, that already runs at 60fps.

Have been playing it daily on PS5 since i got my PS5 and the PS4 version running on PS5 is already a massive improvement compared to the base PS4. The 60 fps makes a huge diference, and the stuterring is also mostly gone. Still notice some especially inside the big cities.

They can still improve in the draw distance of the pop-in. So hope the PS5 version does that and eliminates completely any stutters.

The loadings should be fun on PS5. When i played on base PS4, and went on a dungeon in co-op, I was always the last character to load in, and ppl had to wait for me inside the dungeon. The PS4 version running on PS5 always makes me the 1st one to load in and im the one now waiting for ppl to arrive, ppl with good PCs and probably also using SSD load pretty much at the same time i do. But PS4 games running on PS5 dont take advantage of the SSD the same way native PS5 games do. SO really curious to see what they will do with the native PS5 version.

Fake

Curious to see what improvements the PS5 version will bring compared to the PS4 version running on PS5, that already runs at 60fps.

You don't need to. PS4 version is a shitshow version. Will be a galaxy ahead the PS4 for sure.

SilentUser

Fantastic game and while the PS4 version on PS5 is good enough, hopefully some improvements will happen in order to have an even faster loading, draw distance and the complete elimination of the stuttering.

Mikey Jr.

I want to restart my game on PS5.

But this game won't let me. So now I have this account that is 15 hours into the game I played half a year ago.

Aenima

Nahh.

Fuck that.

What a stupid system. Can't even start a new game. Why? Lol
Its a MiHoYo thing. They dont let players delete or restart they game on the same account probably to prevent ppl to reroll. Ppl can still do it but need to make an extra effort. Is not worth it. Just stick with ur old progress and keep going from there.

J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
They dont let players delete or restart they game on the same account probably to prevent ppl to reroll. Ppl can still do it but need to make an extra effort. Is not worth it. Just stick with ur old progress and keep going from there.
Warframe also oddly does this. It's unfortunate.

Aenima

Some info about the improvements for the PS5 version:

The PlayStation 5 version will feature higher image quality, performance, and further evolutions, including upgraded textures across every part of the game, 4K resolution support, and faster load times that will allow players to enjoy a more seamless experience as they travel between the in-game environments.
https://www.gematsu.com/2021/03/genshin-impact-coming-to-ps5-this-spring

Playstation twitter also mention Dualsense support.

BlackM1st

Banned
Dualsense support.
Not sure if I like it because in some games it actually makes it harder to control your character/fire with all the unnecessary rumbling. We'll see, I hope for the best. Would be great to have a native version by 1.5, as 1.6 is pretty faraway.

Aenima

Not sure if I like it because in some games it actually makes it harder to control your character/fire with all the unnecessary rumbling. We'll see, I hope for the best. Would be great to have a native version by 1.5, as 1.6 is pretty faraway.
Should be around version 1.5 as they mention that is comming this Spring.

Surely PS5 can do 120fps. not that I plan on playing on PS5 but have been waiting for them to add support for anything beyond a pathetic 60fps. hurts my eyes having to go down that low. hopefully console gets support and PC too

BlackM1st

Banned
Surely PS5 can do 120fps. not that I plan on playing on PS5 but have been waiting for them to add support for anything beyond a pathetic 60fps. hurts my eyes having to go down that low. hopefully console gets support and PC too
PS4 is like 25 fps man. Maybe even 20 when I use Klee's ult. So stable 60 feels like a different game hah. Plus, game is primarily a mobile project and should be released on Switch too. Sure, it's best played on PS5/Good PC with a big screen, but I think it's unreasonable to expect 120fps versions. Don't get your hopes up man.

Fake

PS4 is like 25 fps man. Maybe even 20 when I use Klee's ult. So stable 60 feels like a different game hah. Plus, game is primarily a mobile project and should be released on Switch too. Sure, it's best played on PS5/Good PC with a big screen, but I think it's unreasonable to expect 120fps versions. Don't get your hopes up man.

5 or low with Venti ult. I tried. Thats why a native PS5 version is highly welcome.

Aenima

Yeah, all i want is solid 60fps without stutters and make the pop-in less noticeable.

And those faster loadings for fast travel are going to be delicious. PS4 version running on PS5 already has a big improvement in loading times, curious to see how fast the native PS5 version will be.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Honkai got 120fps support after ~3 years, mostly because they were preparing a proper pc version.
It's essentially the same engine, so either it's coming in a future update, or they got something tied to fps that breaks above 60.

Top Bottom