• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeForce Powered Low Latency in God of War

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
At CES 2022, NVIDIA revealed a short gameplay video for the PC version of God of War.
This video is dedicated to NVIDIA’s Reflex tech, which God of War will support (alongside DLSS and AMD FSR).

God of War PC will support true 4K resolutions with unlocked framerates for peak performance.
Additionally, it will have a wide range of graphical presets and options including higher resolution shadows, improved screen-space reflections, the addition of GTAO and SSDO, and much more.

It’s also worth noting that the game will support DUALSHOCK 4 and DUALSENSE wireless controllers.
Additionally, it will have full support for mouse and keyboard. Not only that, but God of War will support ultra-wide monitors.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Looking gooood! This is going to be awesome!

I just wish I had a way to play it properly in the living room. I know what will happen. Same as with HZD. I’ll sit there doing benchmarks and drooling and talking incoherently about how awesome it is for a few days and eventually I’ll drop it because my current PC setup sucks.
I need a beastly HTPC asap.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
this is going to look amazing on PC. Sonly looks like they aren’t messing around with these ports after Horizons shaky start.

can’t wait to see what they do with uncharted and this.
PC stays winning as usual.
Horizon is so bad that it doesn’t even natively support the ds4. I had to use dfs4windows.

Fucking hades supports ds4 on the Xbox store app.

No Idea who ported it but man it still is rough. I get stuck in an infinite loading screen when fast traveling. Happened at least five times over the weekend.

Great Hair

Banned
skPKFD7.jpg

LOL
PUQtKiM.jpg

There is a difference of 50 frames between the two. On the right the player had already dodged the attack, before the text-dodge even shows up. While on the left the player was still standing ...

HaHa .. nvidia, who are you trying to fool with dis?
wXqx7Ns.png

Hold on....what are you trying to say here?
There´s a difference of 50 frames between both inputs. nvidia doing nvidia things .

Last edited:

Fredrik

My dumb stupid ass will still buy it, find something to not be happy about the pc port and not play it.
to be honest, looks like it will be a good port
Lol brutally honest, I’m the same but wasn’t bold enough to type it without a spoiler. I need a living room PC, that’s what I need. I wish I was like the hardcore WASD crew and thought playing with mouse and keyboard was awesome for every game, but I don’t. I’ll still buy it and do benchmarks and ramble about how awesome it is though, and then I’ll drop it. Sigh.

mckmas8808

Banned
skPKFD7.jpg

LOL
PUQtKiM.jpg

There is a difference of 50 frames between the two. On the right the player had already dodged the attack, before the text-dodge even shows up. While on the left the player was still standing ...

HaHa .. nvidia, who are you trying to fool with dis?
wXqx7Ns.png

Hold on....what are you trying to say here?

ShadowLag

EDIT: I posted this assuming this was referring to GeForce Now streaming tech, if it's just a local GPU feature, then AMD already has this "anti-lag" stuff too, lol

They can't change the laws of physics better than any other company can. Latency between physical locations cannot be changed, no matter what kind of hardware or software you have. This "reflex" stuff is just marketing jargon, as usual.

The best they can do for streaming (and probably what they are doing) is using a client-favoring rollback model, whereby the server running the game rolls back a few frames and starts a new "timeline" that follows what the player pressed at the time, taking latency into account for the number of frames to process. Unlike normal rollback in something like a fighting game, the player would only get sent those new frames where their input was taken into account, instead of the old ones where they didn't press anything / pressed it late due to latency.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
The average console only gamer will have no idea this exists, and wouldn't give a shit if they did know.

I held off playing the ps5 version because I had a feeling this was coming.
A feeling? This was leaked so long ago.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Game's starting to look like a double dip for me.

Loved the game back on the PS4, it has it flaws but it's also a very well done action/adventure game. Specially loved exploring all the optional areas, which had as much care put into them as the main areas.

ACESHIGH

Banned
Yeah yeah... but hopefully the game runs as well as on PS4 on PC equivalent HW like a trash can CPU and GTX 1050.

couldn't care less about all these features if you need a GTX 1080 to run the game like a 7850 based console.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Hope it goes on sale quick like the other ports did on steam. Very intrested but $50 is a bit much when I already beat it on PS4 pro. Gets me hyped for part 2 for sure.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Hope it goes on sale quick like the other ports did on steam. Very intrested but $50 is a bit much when I already beat it on PS4 pro. Gets me hyped for part 2 for sure.

$38 not bad

Schmick

Lol brutally honest, I’m the same but wasn’t bold enough to type it without a spoiler. I need a living room PC, that’s what I need. I wish I was like the hardcore WASD crew and thought playing with mouse and keyboard was awesome for every game, but I don’t. I’ll still buy it and do benchmarks and ramble about how awesome it is though, and then I’ll drop it. Sigh.
Small Factor PC could he the answer. Both Cooler Master and FormD produce some nice cases in the form of the NR200 and T1 respectively.

Fredrik

Small Factor PC could he the answer. Both Cooler Master and FormD produce some nice cases in the form of the NR200 and T1 respectively.
How silent can you get them?

I’m used to XSX in the living room, it literally can’t be heard, ever. I don’t want to go back to jet engine boxes.

And I’m using both Steam Link and Nvidia Shield but they’re not good enough, too much image artifacts and dropped frames.

It is for real a problem.
As soon as I’m sitting with a controller in my hand by the PC I wish I was in the living room. Only games I think are better on PC nowdays when consoles are norming 60fps and when I don’t have the racing rig anymore is first person games, then I want a desk and mouse and keyboard. But third person action… Nah.
VR is better too on PC, for now.

DeaDPo0L84

Lol it's like monitor ads... what a load of crap.
Love the game though. It's already 60fps 4k checkerboard on ps5. Looks close enough to 4k tbh.
It being native 4k and 60fps (technically unlocked) aren't the only two improvements, you're omitting the rest for some reason, it's gonna be great.

Moving on, can't wait to play through this again, ultrawide support is gonna be awesome.

Last edited:

Schmick

How silent can you get them?

I’m used to XSX in the living room, it literally can’t be heard, ever. I don’t want to go back to jet engine boxes.

And I’m using both Steam Link and Nvidia Shield but they’re not good enough, too much image artifacts and dropped frames.

It is for real a problem.
As soon as I’m sitting with a controller in my hand by the PC I wish I was in the living room. Only games I think are better on PC nowdays when consoles are norming 60fps and when I don’t have the racing rig anymore is first person games, then I want a desk and mouse and keyboard. But third person action… Nah.
VR is better too on PC, for now.
Check this YouTube out. Very informative and the fact that air cooling is used in this build is quite encouraging.

hlm666

Sony pc ports are starting to end up with more care and pc features supported than microsoft, if you said this a year ago I would have laughed but here we are.

Arun1910

Honestly can't wait for this. Played it on my PS4 Pro once when it released and it was an amazing experience. Was holding out for a proper PS5 upgrade but my 3080 will take this instead!

I just hope the Sony ports this month for PC are better than Horizon Zero Dawn. What a shit show that port was on release, it was practically broken.

Md Ray

Horizon is so bad that it doesn’t even natively support the ds4. I had to use dfs4windows.

Fucking hades supports ds4 on the Xbox store app.

No Idea who ported it but man it still is rough. I get stuck in an infinite loading screen when fast traveling. Happened at least five times over the weekend.
??

Horizon has native support for DS4 on PC. Light bar, vibration works just like on PS4. Even shows PS button prompts for me.

Fredrik

Check this YouTube out. Very informative and the fact that air cooling is used in this build is quite encouraging.

It’s okay but I kinda doubt 6 fans (1xPSU, 2xCase, 2xGPU,1xCPU) is truly quiet. Would be interesting to see DF make a noise comparison for silent PCs vs the consoles.

ZehDon

Nice additions. Was Dualsense support added into GOW for PS5? I see it listed for the PC Version - very cool!

Schmick

It’s okay but I kinda doubt 6 fans (1xPSU, 2xCase, 2xGPU,1xCPU) is truly quiet. Would be interesting to see DF make a noise comparison for silent PCs vs the consoles.
Towards the end of the video you can hear the noise coming from from the PC.

Fredrik

Towards the end of the video you can hear the noise coming from from the PC.
Yeah you can hear it but it would be nice with a XSX vs PC noise comparison, something I can relate to, that stock comparison don’t tell me much.

DavidGzz

Can anyone point me to a good(or best) site for buying a prebuilt. I have 4k to spend but also don't want to be ripped off too badly. Also any advice on what cpu to pair with a 3080?

Schmick

Yeah you can hear it but it would be nice with a XSX vs PC noise comparison, something I can relate to, that stock comparison don’t tell me much.
True and certainly would be an interesting comparison, but its encouraging. I'm sure there's another YT channel that might have covered it or at least shown a build using a AIO cooler.

I'm starting to get tired having a huge ugly PC case taking up way too much space but I never considered SFF until recently. I'd imagine with an AIO cooler the noise would be quieter.

Have you considered using Steam Link?

MikeM

Can anyone point me to a good(or best) site for buying a prebuilt. I have 4k to spend but also don't want to be ripped off too badly. Also any advice on what cpu to pair with a 3080?
Cyberpowerpc, ibuypower, newegg’s house brand ABS. If I were going prebuilt i’d go with ABS which also provides extended warranty options and a decent return policy. Just try to aim for a build with good reviews and that lists most of the actual components. You don’t want a lottery build with unknown components.

Just don’t buy dell or Alienware. They use proprietary stuff that makes future upgrading either a nightmare or impossible.

Top Bottom