• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GeForce NOW | A Year in Review

I like GeForce Now more than Stadia because if the service goes under I still have my games.

I played 40 some hours of Cyberpunk from Steam on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro with no issues. It feels like I'm playing a ps4 and I love it.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I like GeForce Now, it’s stable with plenty of servers. I don’t like that you don’t have your own dedicated machine, which is where ShadowPC is far superior. However, ShadowPC lacks the performance and resources of NVIDIA and the data centers are far and few between. Accessing my PC in NY from South FL provides terrible performance.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Put geoforce now on console video game streaming is more trouble than it’s worth.

Fredrik

Except for the 2FA login jank I really like the service. Only way I can experience raytracing at the moment, and I like that I can tweak the games the way I want to get better performance compared to consoles where devs tries to guess what I want to prioritize and often miss the target.

I got given a year sub with my GPU but never really bothered with it because it still feels like shit when playing games over it.

I got given a year sub with my GPU but never really bothered with it because it still feels like shit when playing games over it.
That's either your internet or what you're using to play it. I put 50 hours into cyberpunk with my Nvidia shield tv pro and it felt like playing on a console.

iQuasarLV

50Mb internet and Cyberpunk constantly downgraded to 720p based on internet performance.

I'm in Las Vegas, and the server was in LA. Umm, sure okay. Not worth it if you cannot connect over a 275 mile dsitance with a stable connection. Tried San Jose, Seattle, and Dallas as well.

Also, no I am not going to dissect my internet connection to "tweak" my performance with GFN. If they cannot get it right at the time of install I am not going to do it for free.

Malio

Aside from the poor selection of games and dynamic "resolution adjustment", that makes games look like a Wii when your connection buffers every 30 seconds, it's amazing

Last edited:

Kilau

I've been a big fan of GeForce Now since the beta but the service kinda died for me when they lost nearly all my games because of greedy publishers.

I got that email yesterday for the 3080 tier and it's $100 for 6 months lol, no way in hell

PrimeX

I have geforce now and stadia, and geforce is a pretty bad experience. It's a pain in the ass to start a game, having to log in different platforms for different games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom