• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears Tactics, Is Still In Development.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

At E3 2018, longtime Gears of War producer Rod Fergusson showed off a new PC game called Gears Tactics and announced Gears 5 and Gears Pop as well. This year, Microsoft’s Xbox briefing only mentioned those last two.

Never fear, Fergusson told Kotaku today. Tactics remains in development.

“Last year we wanted to really talk about all three games and show that Microsoft is tripling down on the Gears of War franchise, but now that we’ve had that we’re really trying to make sure it’s not always this three-pack… We’ll talk about Gears Tactics later.”

BlackTron

Always up for a good turn based tactics game. Played out Wargroove and I'm ready.

Looking forward to the unexpected Dark Crystal tactics but something with Gears-level production value would be a treat.

Can't complete post without plugging, where the hell is Final Fantasy Tactics already

Tbone3336

Gold Member
With how good Mutant Year Zero turned out, and Phoenix Point looking good, I have high hopes for this. They have built in lore, can probably incorporate some armor customization and upgrades to armor and guns to really flesh out the game if they go the distance with it.

I am hoping given that they are probably just now jumping full on into it after completing Gears 5 that maybe this would be a Launch Title for the next Xbox in addition to PC.

Top Bottom