• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears 5 launches September 10

Mista

Banned

Gears 5 will launch for Xbox One and PC on September 10, publisher Microsoft and developer The Coalition announced at the Microsoft E3 2019 press conference.

Pre-orders will include the Terminator: Dark Fate character pack add-on.

Here is an overview of the game, via Microsoft:
About

The world is crumbling. Humanity’s reliance on technology has become their downfall and enemies are uniting to wipe out all survivors. As Kait you must journey across the biggest, most beautiful Gears world to uncover the origins of the Locust, and fight with your squad to protect what’s left.

Key Features

• Never Fight Alone: Play solo or with a friend in local split-screen co-op, or online co-op. Battle alongside your friends anywhere with cross-play between Xbox One and PC.
  • Explore Sera: Skim across glaciers, sail over deserts and descend into sunken ruins to discover the largest and most diverse Gears world ever created.
  • Visual Showcase: Play every mode in 4K Ultra HD resolution with stunning HDR at a smooth 60 frames per second.
  • Just the Beginning: Additional features, co-op and competitive modes still to be announced.

Last edited:

angelic

Banned
The trailer:

giphy.webp

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
I've beaten Gears 1 & 2 and I really enjoyed them. I still really want to play Gears 3 (never did), but this new trilogy doesn't look so great to me. I think I'm going to pass.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
That trailer was terrible.

And I didnt even saw more of the game. What is it actually?

pr0cs

Love gears but man it was a huge mistake to now show actual gameplay. At least something demonstrating their new direction they were harping about. How was last year's gears5 trailer more interesting.../shrug

Stafford

Love gears but man it was a huge mistake to now show actual gameplay. At least something demonstrating their new direction they were harping about. How was last year's gears5 trailer more interesting.../shrug

Did the dev themselves ever truly talk about the new direction? Wasn't that just insiders and rumors? There was this guy called hmqq or something on Era that earlier this year was hyping the campaign up to the high heavens.

I'm not sure if I should be worried about the campaign now, what the actual fuck.

pr0cs

Did the dev themselves ever truly talk about the new direction?
Not this year or last though they did show some interesting new monsters in last year's trailer. I'm just surprised that they didn't show any gameplay considering how close to release we are. They had fucking WWE stars playing the game but oh btw we don't get to see any of that.
Seems like a huge missed opportunity.
Hopefully we get some good floor captures this week

Not this year or last though they did show some interesting new monsters in last year's trailer. I'm just surprised that they didn't show any gameplay considering how close to release we are. They had fucking WWE stars playing the game but oh btw we don't get to see any of that.
Seems like a huge missed opportunity.
Hopefully we get some good floor captures this week

That was so odd lol, like wth was the point?

ruvikx

Banned

The people who made & greenlit this trailer need to give the coke a rest, once in a while (especially when they're working). It's literally the worst trailer I've seen in a very long time, by far. What the hell were they thinking? Wannabe edgy, ugly, psychedelic, face morphing "looks like she's constipated" bullshit with horrible music.

Yep. Everything I always dreamed Gears would become after the first trilogy. Not.

nikolino840

The people who made & greenlit this trailer need to give the coke a rest, once in a while (especially when they're working). It's literally the worst trailer I've seen in a very long time, by far. What the hell were they thinking? Wannabe edgy, ugly, psychedelic, face morphing "looks like she's constipated" bullshit with horrible music.

Yep. Everything I always dreamed Gears would become after the first trilogy. Not.
Maybe if you are 11yo that love only actions and boobs...i like those kind of trailers about emotions and feelings[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Game's coming in September and they didn't show it? They know that's like, 3 months, right?

What they did show was pretty awful, especially the face trailer with the Billie Eilish song. It all looked pretty bad, though, honestly. And it's like they knew they fucked up and they're like, "Shit, throw a Terminator license in there, maybe that'll gussy it up some."

Nope.

ruvikx

Banned
Maybe if you are 11yo that love only actions and boobs...i like those kind of trailers about emotions and feelings

No. On the contrary I'd surmise actual 11 year old girls who're all about "emotions & feelings" would probably be the target audience. Your comment is funny though, because what the hell is wrong with "only love action" in a Gears game? Isn't that the point? Likewise there were never any boobs in Gears of War.

But carry on, buy whatever you enjoy.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned

Are you serious? I LOVED IT

nikolino840

No. On the contrary I'd surmise actual 11 year old girls who're all about "emotions & feelings" would probably be the target audience. Your comment is funny though, because what the hell is wrong with "only love action" in a Gears game? Isn't that the point? Likewise there were never any boobs in Gears of War.

But carry on, buy whatever you enjoy.
It's a different point of view...but i like also the cryptic trailers of death stranding even if i don't have a ps but i like the style

DanielsM

Banned
I'm worried about this game now. There is a reason they didn't show SP gameplay. Bracing for another letdown.

I've been saying I would double dip on remasters of GoW1-3 and even Judgment if they released on PS, and I would probably pickup GoW4. I wouldn't touch this with Nadella's money.

The Alien

Banned
Missed opportunity.

3 months away from the game releasing. No f*cking gameplay AT ALL? Seriously?

No gameplay for the new mode you showed? Mode looked cool, but damn....

No chatter about the campaign....the changes.

I'm mostly optimistic and patient, but as Angry Joe would say "they done f*cked it up".

Not a good E3 at all. 2018 was a better Gears rep than this.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Day 0 for me. People need to stop getting so bent outta shape over nothing. So they didn't show what YOU wanted them to show doesn't mean the game is on fire.

If you really think they won't show any campaign between now and release you're just fooling yourself. They showed off their new multiplayer mode because it's exactly what people on this very place bitch about nonstop in that they only show the same stuff over and over.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

4k 60 for one X is dope.

Stafford

I don't know about you good folks, but it doesn't sit right with me. OK so they totally FUCKED UP yesterday by not showing campaign gameplay at all, unbelievable when we take into account that the dev themselves said this was a new and bigger direction for Gears, that 4 played it safe and 5 would go more crazy I guess. But that's that.

They still have Inside Xbox left and a Gears panel tomorrow.

What are they going to show? A cinematic trailer of the campaign. HOW SWAY?

I read we're getting campaign gameplay in September, again..... what? I'm worried. I was extremely excited to see this new direction, this new world that they talk about in the official game information and it being a no show was such a let down. I want to remain optimistic but I can't. I hope all my worries are for nothing when it comes out.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I don't know about you good folks, but it doesn't sit right with me. OK so they totally FUCKED UP yesterday by not showing campaign gameplay at all, unbelievable when we take into account that the dev themselves said this was a new and bigger direction for Gears, that 4 played it safe and 5 would go more crazy I guess. But that's that.

I read we're getting campaign gameplay in September, again..... what? I'm worried.
Fuck campaign gameplay. People getting used to this shit and is alright with getting spoilers all along just for the fuck of it. We have a 14 minutes of the gameplay in general so we have an idea what is it like. But no, give me campaign gameplay so everything get spoiled or i'll start shitting on everything

Paradicia

I read we're getting campaign gameplay in September, again..... what? I'm worried.

Yeah, I agree with you on them fucking up by not showing campaign gameplay or even a trailer with gameplay in it. They had all that intricate build up with a look under the stage that looked like a movie set... to show a new game type. They needed a solid gameplay demo but it seemed there was none of that yesterday. Everything was all pre-prepared trailers.

Member when E3 was about live demos and devs fucking up on stage?

Last edited:

MayauMiao

Looks like people missed the whole gameplay segment so i'll post it under

At least search before shitting on something...

I'm talking about the single player campaign, and being a single player gamer myself I think its important to show it.

Top Bottom