• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GDQ bans speedrunner who ‘hates feminazism’

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
GDQ speedrunner Luzbelheim has been banned after completing his run of Final Fantasy 8. GDQ made its decision after the organization was criticized for letting the speedrunner take part in the event, due to his support for far-right Spanish political party Vox.

Luzbelheim’s suspension appears to be related to criticisms of his personal politics. In November, he tweeted: “In economic policy Vox is well above the rest,” showing support for the far-right party in his country

Luzbelheim has said that he has been suspended from submitting speedruns to GDQ for 18 months, after GDQ viewers criticized his involvement with the charity stream. Luzbelheim has vocally supported Vox, which has been described as antifeminist, anti-Islam, and authoritarian.

Luzbelheim has also been criticized for his comments on feminism and gender identity. His Twitter bio includes the quote “I hate feminazism,” while he also appears to make fun of pronouns, referring to himself as “Deminonbinary [luz/luz].”

After the suspension, the streamer claimed that he doesn’t “hate feminists,” but that the term ‘feminazi’ is used to describe “pseudofeminists.” However, Vox has a history of antifeminism, with the party outraging civil rights groups in 2019 after refusing to sign a declaration that condemned violence against women (via The Guardian).

https://twitter.com/Luzbelheim
GDQ has yet to make an official comment regarding Luzbelheim’s suspension. We have reached out to the organization and will update this story when we receive a response.

The shit-SJW-show GDQ train is in the building, and no one is safe. We got this guy, Trihex and Bonesaw. Is there more? Let's find out!

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

There was a similar incident on a French gaming charity drive with people pushing the organiser to kick someone out.
The French organiser went on his stream and straight out said, you can keep your politics out of my event, thanks you very much, we are here to help people and we'll take all the help we can get.

Grinchy

Banned
His ideas are so dangerous that they waited until after he was finished doing his section of a run to let him know he was unwelcome.

I think I read it was like an 18-month submission ban, but I don't see why, after 18 months, they'd suddenly be ok with what he said. They'll never let him back again.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Not a big surprise.
I wonder who else gets cancelled.
These fucking aids infested rats sniff and dig shit up from any social media you ever did in your life.

Pro tip do NOT use your real name ever in social media. Avoid facebook / twitter.

I doubt this person cares honestly.
GDQ turned into a monster and they can keep their shit plenty of other things to enjoy in life.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
His ideas are so dangerous that they waited until after he was finished doing his section of a run to let him know he was unwelcome.

I think I read it was like an 18-month submission ban, but I don't see why, after 18 months, they'd suddenly be ok with what he said. They'll never let him back again.

Of course! Get the views and virtue points *and* let your audience feel like you listened (capitulated) to them! Win win win.

rofif

Banned
srsly... why does feminism even "exists" now ? There is no reason for this bullshit. Feminism is just an excuse for weak, woke pink haired idiot snowflakes.. .just to have something to protect them.
You know ho would really need feminism? Women in some Muslim countries who are slaves to men. They need all of it. Not these idiots who don't see equality just because they can't find career success

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
If they dig deep enough, I'm not sure there will be enough runners left for next event. Have they even made clear what kind of opinions are ok, and which aren't? I still love GDQ and will keep watching, but it sure makes you wonder... You don't hear this about ESA, or?

Banned
GDQ is such a joke these days that it even has a donation message generator

Greetings from donation. Long time viewer, fourth time runner. I am donating because my donation has died from animal.

Greetings from viewer. Long time viewer, first time viewer. I am donating because my cancer has died from donation.

:messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: this is amazing!

second time watching AGDQ, fourth time donator. My games passed away from animal. Money goes to donate the frames, view the viewer. Orb!!!!

I AM DECEASED! :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy: :messenger_tears_of_joy:

third time watching AGDQ, third time viewer. My Germany passed away from Germany. Money goes to kill the frames, save the games. Honk!!!!

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

It sad how politics is polluting everything. Why can't we just have a middle ground to just let something just be it's own?

Someone alway has to show up with an agenda, one way or the other.

The ultimate irony being that by pointing out this guy's affiliations, they also magnify them.

Eimran

Sigh, another platform which has nothing to do with politics is being used as a Trojan horse for a politic agenda.

They can't seem to realize that People are sick of this shit. Fine, whatever. They have seen how going woke goes. Let them die.

Well, where I live journalists want all who don't accept anything presented as feminist to be classified as terrorism (there was a horrible shooting in a local engineering university 30 years ago, the guy really targeted women because he thought they didn't belong there).

So that pops up in the news (no problem with that, there are many families affected by this) and last year some guy was caught making legit threats to some women's group, he got arrested, so all is good... Well no, there were calls to classify anything"against feminism" as terrorism... Which is where I think it goes way too far (it already went with the represtation quotas, but this is on a whole new level).

Anyway, the law has not changed, but given that I live in Quebec (Canada), which may be the most feminist place in the world, who knows? We have an actual feminist party that has a sizeable number of seats in parliament... And the media loves them.

I just want to see games beaten quickly with good commentary.
Good commentary uses preferred pronouns now, be with your time 😭!

I don't get the 18 months thing, will they run some kind of value test after that period? Or he will be free to disagree then? What if he mis pronouns someone? I'd permanently ban the guy to be consistent with your beliefs, unless he can prove he voted communist party and he joins a couple of gay pride parades before he is re-instated.

Last edited:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Far right? Spanish?

But why? Who cares?

Edit : nobody expects the spanish inquisition

Last edited by a moderator:

joe_zazen

The way it works is: someone brings up banning someone because of tweets or some other minor thing in a meeting, and unless you are a tenured prof with balls of steel like jordan peterson, you keep your mouth shut and nod along in agreement. The cost of not doing so is high. That is why these things happen and people are scared of even admitting what party they support if they aren't ‘progressive’. You get labelled and ostracised, or possibly fired yourself.

Yeah, idk. 1984 surveillance state with thoughtcrimes...

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
So they let him do the speedrun, then banned him? I watched a bit of that FF8 run, was very good.

I too noticed that pronouns thing (who couldn’t? It’s right there in your face), sighed and went on watching the runs I’m interested in. As should everyone, really. Either a runner goes on an unmistakable fascist rant and says “I hate women” live on camera, or he has opinions and you keep that out of the event. This event makes tons of money anyway and going by ResetEra’s comments the Twitch chat during the thing is “toxic”, sooo I guess a lot of “Nazis” are actually, you know, donating to a charity so there’s no need to cancel people who are not the purest of the pure.

I repeat, either you’re a dick to the audience and people during the event and actually ruin the event’s image as it’s running, or you’re a human being giving your time and hard-learned skills to raise money for a good cause and I’ll let you run every game you can even if I don’t like you. But these people here want to eat their cake and have it too, it seems.

Nydus

Gold Member
So they let him do the speedrun, then banned him? I watched a bit of that FF8 run, was very good.

I too noticed that pronouns thing (who couldn’t? It’s right there in your face), sighed and went on watching the runs I’m interested in. As should everyone, really. Either a runner goes on an unmistakable fascist rant and says “I hate women” live on camera, or he has opinions and you keep that out of the event. This event makes tons of money anyway and going by ResetEra’s comments the Twitch chat during the thing is “toxic”, sooo I guess a lot of “Nazis” are actually, you know, donating to a charity so there’s no need to cancel people who are not the purest of the pure.

I repeat, either you’re a dick to the audience and people during the event and actually ruin the event’s image as it’s running, or you’re a human being giving your time and hard-learned skills to raise money for a good cause and I’ll let you run every game you can even if I don’t like you. But these people here want to eat their cake and have it too, it seems.
I don't have any problems with this pronoun thing. It's what the youth apparently is into and sometimes it is legit hard to know what gender the runner is. But suspending people because of a political opinion of a country I don't have no fucking clue is ridiculous. Since the US just has two parties you'd have to ban all runners who support republicans, because they are "the right"?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I don't have any problems with this pronoun thing. It's what the youth apparently is into and sometimes it is legit hard to know what gender the runner is. But suspending people because of a political opinion of a country I don't have no fucking clue is ridiculous. Since the US just has two parties you'd have to ban all runners who support republicans, because they are "the right"?
I absolutely agree with you.

The pronouns thing looks like total virtue signaling to me, pretty unnecessary considering the commentators surely aren’t going to misgender a runner and the runner isn’t going to read someone in the chat misgendering them while they’re actually, you know, playing a game live.
If it’s true than the chat is open to subscribers only now, there’s even less of a chance for actually offensive stuff to appear in the chat so... why bother with pronouns, really?

Also, isn’t banning famous runners for something they’ve tweeted sometime in the past actually counterproductive? What are you going to do, NOT donate to a cancer research charity because you dislike some shit a participant said? Not a good outlook if you ask me, this event rakes in more than a bloody MILLION dollars twice a year!

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Soo isn't the best thing about American is the freedom of speech? These sjw fucks want to limit that and cancel anything they find offensive. They pretty much made ALOT of gaming communities less fun.

For everyone's sake, let's stop using this argument. Freedom of speech applies to the government limiting what you can say - not private parties. The GDQ guys are fully within their rights to tell this guy he can't use their stream as a platform, for example.

Doesn't make them any less cowardly, but y'know.

plushyp

The GDQ guys are fully within their rights to tell this guy he can't use their stream as a platform, for example.
But was the guy using it as a platform? Regardless of the answer in this case, how do they determine when someone is using their stream as a platform? Seems like a slippery slope..

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
But was the guy using it as a platform? Regardless of the answer in this case, how do they determine when someone is using their stream as a platform? Seems like a slippery slope..

It was just an example. The point is, limiting freedom of speech doesn't apply to private parties.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, but they hadn't reached the point of "HERE'S OUR MASCOT: AN AUTISTIC SEAHORSE THAT'S REALLY CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT GOES IN ITS BUTTHOLE"

Which is where they are now.
Narcissa Wright has existed for years now.

Reactions: RSB
Top Bottom